John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
    Thanks! I did wear it; I just didn't enter the comp - and also felt a bit foolish being one of the only people in costume in the audience for the comp. Its main advantage was to hide the fact that my feet didn't have a clue where to go in the con dances.
    Well I think you should wear it at chevron if you're going. I'd love to see it in the flesh so to speak. I don't know if they have costume comps though, but you'd fit into the party theme on Saturday. And as for con dances.. don't worry, I have no clue either.

Comment

Originally posted by bebop View Post
      PEG!!!!!!....*tackle hug*.

I missed you at the con lovely.... I can't wait to see you at Chevron!!..
      We pigged out dined out on Sat night and I was joined by the fabby Listy for lunch on Sat and Sunday.
      Hey hon *bear hugs* I missed you guys to. I bugged linnie on the txt cos I so wanted to be there. *sniff* But bring on Chevron, my eating buddy. And no doubt i'll squoosh you all hehe. Woohoo well done Listy I'm glad you didn't eat alone.

I hope you took loads of pics

I miss my whumpy thread and whumping Shep. I can't believe it's only a few weeks. I've already booked my leave, so i'm gonna stay until the Monday because there's no trains. I don't know if I can do all nighters. You party animals you. Squeeeeeeeeee just think of all the whumpers who are going to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        Well I think you should wear it at chevron if you're going. I'd love to see it in the flesh so to speak. I don't know if they have costume comps though, but you'd fit into the party theme on Saturday. And as for con dances.. don't worry, I have no clue either.
        Oh, I'm not much of a dancer either! Can't wait to see meet everyone I haven't already met!
        sigpic

Comment

Okay...

I totally messed up my P4 costume, a, in bothering spending two whole days making it in the first place, on the understanding that almost everyone would be in costume, and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie not in costume, when in reality hardly anyone was is costume; then, b, in not signing up for the costume competition on the assumption that there would be hundreds of wonderful entries and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie, with the consequence that, c, by the time I realised that there were only a small number of entries and that it might actually be quite fun (if terrifying), being told that it was Too Late and I couldn't enter.

But since I had fun making my costume accessories, and that some of them are vaguely whumpy (refs to Common Ground and the Eye), here's a link to all the paperwork my character carried:

http://rhymer23.livejournal.com/54496.html
          Your costume was fab hon and you looked great in it! You should be proud! There were quite a few people from time to time wandering round in costume who never went in for the competition (not to mention people wearing flags and carrying fake guns etc etc etc!) and you didn't look out of place at all!

I entered the competition for a laugh only and with absolutely no expectation of getting placed anywhere as in previous years the standard has always been high and people put SO much work and effort into their costumes and are so imaginative! It was good fun to be involved though. Maybe you can dress up at Chevron?
          sigpic

Comment

Okay...

I totally messed up my P4 costume, a, in bothering spending two whole days making it in the first place, on the understanding that almost everyone would be in costume, and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie not in costume, when in reality hardly anyone was is costume; then, b, in not signing up for the costume competition on the assumption that there would be hundreds of wonderful entries and that I'd feel like a stupid, underdressed newbie, with the consequence that, c, by the time I realised that there were only a small number of entries and that it might actually be quite fun (if terrifying), being told that it was Too Late and I couldn't enter.

But since I had fun making my costume accessories, and that some of them are vaguely whumpy (refs to Common Ground and the Eye), here's a link to all the paperwork my character carried:

Thanks! I did wear it; I just didn't enter the comp - and also felt a bit foolish being one of the only people in costume in the audience for the comp. Its main advantage was to hide the fact that my feet didn't have a clue where to go in the con dances.
            Well, I LOVED your costume and thought it was totally amazing, as was the work that you put into it and the accessories - and I'm glad you wore it, it looked wonderful!
            sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
              Oh, I'm not much of a dancer either! Can't wait to see meet everyone I haven't already met!
              Me to, and we can talk about new and innovative ways to whump sheppy. Oooh lookey I managed to stay on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                Hey hon *bear hugs* I missed you guys to. I bugged linnie on the txt cos I so wanted to be there. *sniff* But bring on Chevron, my eating buddy. And no doubt i'll squoosh you all hehe. Woohoo well done Listy I'm glad you didn't eat alone.

I hope you took loads of pics

I miss my whumpy thread and whumping Shep. I can't believe it's only a few weeks. I've already booked my leave, so i'm gonna stay until the Monday because there's no trains. I don't know if I can do all nighters. You party animals you. Squeeeeeeeeee just think of all the whumpers who are going to be there.
                Took SHED loads of pics and a few vids too....it was fabby and I didn't really want to go home..*sniff*..but I was SOOOOOO tired when I got back I felt like I could have slept for a week!!!!!..

Thanks again to SheppyD and Linz and Listy for making it such a FABBY weekend!..*hugs whumper mates*
                sigpic

my fan fiction place

Comment

Hiya Peggy! Just popping on before dinner is done!

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                  I totally understand. We all have our own particular likes and dislikes which is what makes life interesting.
                  Indeed it does. It's so weird I liked AoT. But I really thought it was good. I do like RCC's stuff though... generally!

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post

All of Hollywood is only making 6-7 movies this year? We have more production companies than that. I wonder if he means movies shooting in Canada or something. I hope I didn't imply I thought he was lying about what he'd been told. I was just wondering how reliable his information was. I would surprise me that a recurring cast actor would be told it was temporarily shelved while the executive producer is working on the script. Then again, as you say, JM might not be able to mention those kinds of things.

Did anyone going to Bedford submit a question to Joe or Jason about filming the movie? It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.
                  I didn't submit that question, but I'm sure other's have.

You didn't imply he was lying, no. I understand what you're saying here, and I haven't probably got what he said entirely correct in terms of details, because it's quite difficult to hear sometimes from the middle of the room where I was sitting. However, the jist of what he said is what I've reported here. I'm sure someone else has the exact details.
                  re. the movie being shelved: I did notice that while Kavan had said on the Saturday that it was shelved, Paul was still talking on the Sunday about it filming in the summer. Yes, Kavan did seem to speak with a bit more authority, but, still...

(too tired to properly catch up, so have just skimmed - sorry if I've missed important stuff. Started feeling rather ill on the way home this morning. Too tired to really write up con - others have already done it, anyway. Cats very very cross with me for leaving them with Big Scary Monster for 3 days. Own bed calls.
                  Kavan did, didn't he? Hopefully it will go ahead in the summer.
                  Hee nice to know I'm not the only short one! Posing with Jason may present similar problems!

Did Bryan say anything about a P5 - found out I can transfer my P4 ticket to another Wolf event - may just simply try and let someone else use it.
                  So, I'll look daft with Jason too! HEHE! Oh well, it has its advantages being short. Especially if you like having your face in Joe Flanigan's armpits!
                  *giggle*...well at least you didn't have BamBam call you Stretch!!!!..
                  HEHE! That was so funny!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                  If I remember correctly, what Kavan said was that in the September - November period of 2007, there were c.170 movies in production in the LA area and that in the same period in 2008, there were only about 6-7. He said movie studios have greenlit plenty of projects (as in, have agreed to do them) but they are just holding off on spending the money and putting them into production right now - they're kinda waiting a bit to see how the economy and industry goes etc.
                  Ah, thank you. I knew I hadn't got it wrong but hadn't got the details down in as detailed way as I should.

As Rhymer said, no P5 - there will be a Wolf con in January but it will be a general Stargate coin covering SG1, SGA and SGU. Personally, I'll wait and see what the guest6 list is before deciding on going... I won't bother unless there's SGA guests I particularly want to see, as I just wouldn't be interested in seeing SG1 and SGU guests. Nothing against those people or shows - it's just SGA is the only Stargate show I am fannish about.
                  Ditto. I'm waiting to see at the moment.
                  I hear you. There's not that many people from SG-1 I'm interested in meeting, although I'm looking forward to seeing Colin C at Chevron - because he's been in a few things and apparently is a riot.

I believe Kavan's wife is in casting or production - so he seems to have a good source in the industry...
                  Now I've heard Colin is fantastic and knows how to give a con guest a good time. Alexis and Peter have great reputations too!
                  Oh man, you just reminded me! He claimed in his stage talk that his wife is a truck driver and that he met her when she picked him up while he was hitch-hiking in Afghanistan!!
                  I know. He's totally insane! But very funny!

Kavan seems to have a few stories on how he met his wife - I've heard he met her in Morocco (imho - spouses and kids are in the 'none of my business' category unless people choose to share - I'm always amazed at how much DH talks about his family).
                  I heard that too! Was that last year at P3 he said that?
                  Oh he is a total wind-up merchant and said several times that when he's asked questions in stage talks he often lies or makes stuff up!
                  He does. I have to say I never believed a word of what he was saying... other than the Alyssa Milano story! But, BamBam he got me good and proper with the police incident for a few mins!
                  Okay...

I was so disappointed you didn't enter! You bad girl! The costume was just so beautiful and I was, and am, in awe of your seamstress skills! It was a stunning outfit and so wonderfully made.
                  Well at least your feet were hidden. Mine weren't so everyone could see how pathetically dreadful I was! I have bruises on my inner thighs from the Con chair dance to Hawaii five-O... Yes, whumpers, you heard correctly and PLEASE don't ask for details! Try explaining those bruises to your husband and actually sounding believable!
                  Me too!
                  sigpic

Comment

Took SHED loads of pics and a few vids too....it was fabby and I didn't really want to go home..*sniff*..but I was SOOOOOO tired when I got back I felt like I could have slept for a week!!!!!..

Thanks again to SheppyD and Linz and Listy for making it such a FABBY weekend!..*hugs whumper mates*
                    Ooh I can't wait to see them. I'm glad you all had a good time. I hear it was better than P4. At least everyone met up and got their pics and autographs this time. I hope the same thing happens at Chev.

I was thinking about the movie. Does anyone have any preferences of wishes unfulfilled that they'd like to see in terms of whump for the movie? I'm hoping for hypothermia myself. Quite partial to Sheppy looking all blue and shivering. So i'm hoping they'll have some sort of ice age. But then cos they did it with SG1 I can't see it happening.

*waves at Linnie* Enjoy your chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      I thought Chuck sounded exactly like Nicholson! I think all of the other actors overdo Joe's voice and it doesn't sound exactly like him, but it's still very funny, IMO. I know this story's been told before, but Chuck did say that Joe is a good sport about it all. Joe obviously saw Chuck's impersonation of him on YouTube. So, Chuck is walking through the lot, Joe is standing there leaning on a wall, as he does, and he spies Chuck, looks up from what he was doing, and motions with his finger for Chuck to come over. He looks at Chuck, tells him he's seen his impersonation of him on YouTube. Chuck is feeling a little concerned... but Joe just says, "It was very funny!" and gets back to his reading.
                      OMG thats funny. And yes, he does overdo it a little but hey, that's imitations right? heh.. It's great to see that Joe is such a good sport about it, but he strikes me as the kind of guy that would be

No, Joe wouldn't have been happy, from what I know of him. Work isn't in plentiful supply out there at the moment and he was pretty certain a sixth season was going ahead. He's very loyal to the show and proud of it so he would have been very upset, I'd guess. SGA was good money, and a secure job in a very insecure industry. I know Joe didn't like being away from his family and found the travelling hard and was very tired because of doing that, (to be clear, this isn't heresay, he told us that directly), but he loved his job and I read all the actors were surprised, upset and annoyed about the cancellation.

Joe needs to work. How do I know? He said so. He said he couldn't do theatre work because it didn't pay well enough and he has three mouths to feed. And does anyone think he'd be doing two cons if he didn't need the money? Because, trust me, he wouldn't be. As much as he might like interacting with the fans at times.

So, no Joe wouldn't be happy about being unemployed, I'd say. Who would be? He loved SGA and was very proud of it. He's a smart guy. He'd get the business models etc.. but personally I think he'd have been pretty upset and like the rest of us, would feel SGA had been shafted.
                      Yeah... that makes sense. Especially living in Malibu! That ain't the cheapest place in the world to live! and three growing boys? Oui. yeah. I hope he finds work, but its got to be tough out there for actors as well (unless you're on the coveted "A" list... *rolls eyes*) when the average citizen turns thrifty (which seems to be the trend these days) luxuries such as outrageous movie ticket prices kind of get squashed. I hear even Starbucks is suffering because people are opting out of the outrageously expensive coffee drinks. The entertainment business is a "luxury" to people. Going to the movies or paying every month for premium cable isn't a necessity of life (eventhough I considered having SciFi to watch Atlantis a necessity of life! ) but the necessities take priority and that ultimately has to, unfortunately, hurt the actors and the "biz" its self. They've all got ot be feeling the pinch, just like the rest of us.

It's hard to say. But in this recession, MGM genuinely might be strapped for cash and literally can't afford to make SGA at the moment. It sees SGU as the future for the franchise. It might well be right for all I know. Doesn't make me happy, of course. But, SGU could do really well for all I know. But, damn I'm annoyed and upset about SGA!
                      same here. What annoys me is how it's treated as inferior in favor of SG1 and SGU.

Chris saying 'John Sheppard'!!!....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOBqWQ_4g8
                      thats great, thanks for sharing

Oh I just remembered another funny story, but I can't remember if anyone told it already! So sorry if I'm repeating it.

I can't even remember whether it was BamBam or Kavan or Chuck who told the story!

Basically it's about firing P90's. HEHE!

Well, apparently the blanks cost $2 EACH! So, with budget issues, obviously sometimes the cast and directors are asked to not have the cast firing too many shots because of the cost. So, some directors are very good at this. Others not so much... Andy Mikita cough.... Certain actors are instructed to not fire freely but to be sparing with the ammo... to which Joe just fires non stop and grins wickedly totally ignoring the cost of the shells, firing at will, as the ammo man stands there going '2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12!!!!!' etc.

He just stands there shooting everything and then fires off more shots for good measure! Shame other cast members don't shoot Sheppard with such glee!
                      ROFL!!

I totally agree about BW's handling of the situation. It was a PR nightmare, IMO I don't like the snide comments about how they're determined to get it right with SGU. Some of us thought they'd got a lot right with SGA!
                      I think this really hits home with the general way that BW has behaved. I'm sorry but I've lost a lot of respect for him.. and yes, I know that doesn't really matter. Why would he care eh? But his attitude, especially in JM's blog was condescending and just plain rude. Sorry, but he didn't have to be an a$$ to make his point. And honestly, was it really necessary to tell people that they're inconsequential? I mean there was a stark difference between his Q&A and RC's. Granted, BW got a lot more questions about cancellations and SGU, but RC got a couple of critical questions that I though he answered politely and intelligently with no sign of the attitude that BW copped.

Sure its their show and they can do whatever they want with it, but that doesn't give you the right to be rude to other people, regardless of how self important you think you are. It's the better person who refuses to reply to rude comments in kind.

That's just scary - and that's the reason I really don't watch TV (especially since I don't want to pay for cable).
                      ayup. I find very little to capture my interest on TV these days. My tv package is VERY basic. Luckily scifi was on this list which isn't the bare bottom package but pretty close. I just don't watch a lot of TV and the industry has done *nothing* to change my mind with the unimaginative stuff they keep pumping out in a cookie cutter fashion. I have a hard time telling a lot of shows apart from each other, and thats just sad.

The guests were very much being cheeky and tongue-in-cheek when talking about other cast members - BamBam's comments about Joe whining and him telling him to "suck it up" were very much joking in nature. I wish I could replicate his impersonation of Jason taking the mickey out of Joe... he was saying if Joe started complaining about getting hurt on a stunt or something either he (BamBam) would tell Joe to shut up or Jason would start going "Myehmyehmyehmyehmyeh.." in a whiney vice (like a kid teasing another kid, doing like a whiney impression of them as if to say, "Oh, get the violins out!" sort of thing! ) and then Joe would kinda grumble, "Oh okay then.." and stop complaining! It was really funny!
                      too funny!

I know he said that the directors have a budget for each episode etc and some directors try and keep the costs down and tell the cast to go easy on the trigger etc.. and Joe'll nod as if he agrees and then they say action and he just goes -badadadadadadadadadadadadadada! (firing off a load of shots) and then stops and then - badadadam!! (another few for good measure) with a big grin etc! He also said that Andy Mikita LOVES the guns so when he directs episodes he just tells the actors to go for it and shoot like crazy!
                      Said it above, but it bears repeating. That's hysterical!

As Rhymer said, no P5 - there will be a Wolf con in January but it will be a general Stargate coin covering SG1, SGA and SGU. Personally, I'll wait and see what the guest6 list is before deciding on going... I won't bother unless there's SGA guests I particularly want to see, as I just wouldn't be interested in seeing SG1 and SGU guests. Nothing against those people or shows - it's just SGA is the only Stargate show I am fannish about.
                      Same here. LOL I wasn't even going ot go to VanCon this year until they started signing some pretty cool SGA actors and then when JF signed up, it was a done deal. LOL But I won't go back unless SGA has strong showings. I like SG1 (verdict is DEFINITELY out on SGU at this point...) but i'm not fannish about it. Won't spend the money or drive 450 miles to attend
                      sigpic
                      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

took shed loads of pics and a few vids too....it was fabby and i didn't really want to go home..*sniff*..but i was soooooo tired when i got back i felt like i could have slept for a week!!!!!..

Thanks again to sheppyd and linz and listy for making it such a fabby weekend!..*hugs whumper mates*
                        *hugs*
                        sigpic

Comment

So all you con goers - how do you recognise each other? Shep whump T-shirts? Secret handshakes? Funny walks? Single red rose tucked behind left ear? Baseball caps with user names written on them? Huh? Huh?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strey View Post
                            So all you con goers - how do you recognise each other? Shep whump T-shirts? Secret handshakes? Funny walks? Single red rose tucked behind left ear? Baseball caps with user names written on them? Huh? Huh?
                            heh.. the people that have stayed with me, and driven with me to the con, we always exchanged pics so I could spot them at the airport when I pick them up!

at the con, a lot of us will wear name tags with our online "handles" so we can recognize each other.

thats just what i've seen
                            sigpic
                            My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Ha. Good question Strey. Love that you all connect and meet in person. Sounds so fun.

Hello All!!! News of the movie being shelved is depressing. I'm going to wait and see how things unfold.
                              Last edited by maggs; 26 January 2009, 11:51 AM. Reason: spoilered sig and had the wrong credit
                              sigpic

Comment

great sig, snow!

Cassie got it. I'm sure she can be convinced to put it on YouTube. I managed to get vid of Chuck doing his impression of Jack Nicholson (as a traffic cop) pulling over Joe Flanigan for a traffic violation.
                                would love to see that!
                                edit: found it!
                                (old one though)
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ_2SfGeKI

OT in a way sorta kinda but not really - just watched Solitudes - the Season 1 finale(?) of SG-1, whereupon they discover the stargate in Antarctica, near the McMurdo airforce base. Of course, my teensy tiny mind leaps instantly to our lovely Sheppy and all the ensuing whump wonderfulness that is SGA.
                                *sigh*

EDIT: picked up all 10 seasons of SG-1 for $100 via Ammy - how could I resist?
                                They said in one of the SGA commentaries that that SG1 episode was the birth of SGA. The idea had been around since then, but the actual show came some odd 6 years later ...

Chris saying 'John Sheppard'!!!....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aXOBqWQ_4g8
                                that´s great!

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                                Thanks for clearing up a few points Linzi. I know the SAG thing isn't entirely to blame but it's not helping the situation either.

I still think BW's handling of SGA's cancellation was demeaning and very poorly done. Five years ago SGA was his new baby but....one he'd obviously grown tired of fairly quickly. Hence the passing of it off to JM and PM. I was left with the feeling that he really didn't care if it lived or died. I guess he won't be too upset if the movie doesn't go ahead as long as the SG-1 one does and SGU is a total success.

One small point if Kavan is right then why are they working on the Atlantis set as reported last week by Creation????? http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm. Or have Creation got their facts wrong?

Thanks for the link bebop. John Shepppaaaaaarddddd loved it.
                                yeah, that´s what I was wondering too. Had totally forgotten about it.
                                Guess time will tell. Still disappointed with how things are handled

Anyway, some fun stuff, with all those peeps taking their shots at JF, how about some turnaround

JF doing a Wraith impression:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArZIzd7se2U

JF doing an impression of his kids watching SGA
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KpQn...eature=related

Joe getting a phone call from "sweetie" during bts interview (season 1)
                                ... also a "live" ride on his skateboard!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRLgP...eature=related

found this one, too ...
                                David about mocking JF on set ("everybody does it, you can´t help it")
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1IfvVgyi2c

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                                picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Working...
                                X