John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
    Oh, one more thing... I forgot to take a pen with me to P4, which was a bad, bad thing, since I always take pen and paper when I go away, for planning stories. So I bought a pen from the dealers' room... and it's freaky! It totally unnerved me when I was trying to write notes.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...ic/sheppen.jpg

I mean, here I am trying to plan out some Shep whump, and those eyes are looking up at me from between my fingers. It's just wrong. I'd write a few sentences, and then my eyes would be drawn by magic to those eyes, and it was as if they were looking at me, saying, "oh, please, please don't hurt me any more. Please write about puppies and flowers, not pain. Please, please."

(I don't know if it shows up, but the words Shep is looking so anxiously at read "S waking up in pain." )
    *giggles* thats pretty funny actually.. its the eyes. "you're going to do WHAT to me?!
    sigpic
    My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Well, we missed a birthday today!!!
      Can´t have that!!

Happy Birthday cc-mac!!!!!
      prezzie!
      cause I know you love Common Ground it´s kinda based on that and, well, have a lookie.. hope you like

Spoiler:

John: Now come, guys!! There´s a birthday in here and the day is not over yet!!! Hurry up for our birthday song!!!

John: Hey!! You!!! We all wanna be in there in time!! Hellooo?? And remember to keep the tone!!

John: Ah crap! Should have known a song wouldn´t do the trick with that one...

John: Say... you sure you´re not into a pudding fight or cake eating at any chance???

John: How about a party hat?? Dancing?? Crowds of happy people?? Anything NOT whumpy at all....???

John: Um, not to be all whiny here.... but you´re NOT serious about that, are you??

John: Ouuuuuwww! Damn Ronon and his birthday present stunners!!

John: Look, I know cc is the birthday girl today, but she´s not...

John: Can´t you just put a bow on me or something... you know, I´ll even jump out of a cake!!! Please?? Just...
      whumper party clerk: Could somebody please stop this whining!!

John:*Relax John...it´s not gonna happen. Birthday girl cc is my thunker, not a whumper, hasn´t even posted all that much in the ..*

whumper cleark#1: Lurking whumper, boy! And a huge CG fan!
      John: *oh sh*t!! How could I forget that??*
      Todd: I know what this thunker of yours wants, John Sheppaaard!!

Todd: What now??
      whumper party clerk: Beat him up, you fool! It´s a birthday!! Nothing and nobody sucks at a birthday!!
      Todd: Do you know how dirty that sounds??

Todd: What?! His thunkers would run wild with that! It is not my fault!!
      whumper party clerk #2: No life sucking, you idiot!
      John: *oh god! Todd hangs out with my thunkers??!*

whumper party clerk #1: So, why don´t we let cc take over now?!
      cc walks towards her neatly wrapped present...
      John: *I´m so screwed!*

rhymer!! I can see your distress!! I want that pen though!!

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
      picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Love the gift SAF

and Happy Birthday ccmac
        sigpic
        My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Oh, one more thing... I forgot to take a pen with me to P4, which was a bad, bad thing, since I always take pen and paper when I go away, for planning stories. So I bought a pen from the dealers' room... and it's freaky! It totally unnerved me when I was trying to write notes.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...ic/sheppen.jpg

I mean, here I am trying to plan out some Shep whump, and those eyes are looking up at me from between my fingers. It's just wrong. I'd write a few sentences, and then my eyes would be drawn by magic to those eyes, and it was as if they were looking at me, saying, "oh, please, please don't hurt me any more. Please write about puppies and flowers, not pain. Please, please."

(I don't know if it shows up, but the words Shep is looking so anxiously at read "S waking up in pain." )
          OMG, that really looks like our poor boy is dreading whatever whump you have in store for him. He's positively pleading with you to show him some vestige of mercy.

I say blindfold your pen...

(Li'l bit o' sticky tape/plaster/band-aid should do out quite nicely.)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
            I
            I think people have to realise MGM isn't doing great at the moment. The rumour is it simply couldn't afford to produce two shows, so SGA went. Also as has been mentioned before, they wanted to do movies as they're more cost effective. However, common sense says SG1 has had two movies direct to DVD before and they've sold incredibly well. It's proven in that format. Thus with RDA starring in the new SG1 movie, they're going to go with that rather than SGA at the moment as far as is known. Sure, the SGA dvd's sell well, but on dvd movie format, SG1 is proven.

Kavan wasn't speculating about the movie, he said it as fact. But, things could change or might have already and he might not know about it. But he was definite that the movie had been temporarily shelved because of the financial climate and that they'd be looking at the situation towards the summer.

No, Joe wouldn't have been happy, from what I know of him. Work isn't in plentiful supply out there at the moment and he was pretty certain a sixth season was going ahead. He's very loyal to the show and proud of it so he would have been very upset, I'd guess. SGA was good money, and a secure job in a very insecure industry. I know Joe didn't like being away from his family and found the travelling hard and was very tired because of doing that, (to be clear, this isn't heresay, he told us that directly), but he loved his job and I read all the actors were surprised, upset and annoyed about the cancellation.

Joe needs to work. How do I know? He said so. He said he couldn't do theatre work because it didn't pay well enough and he has three mouths to feed. And does anyone think he'd be doing two cons if he didn't need the money? Because, trust me, he wouldn't be. As much as he might like interacting with the fans at times.

So, no Joe wouldn't be happy about being unemployed, I'd say. Who would be? He loved SGA and was very proud of it. He's a smart guy. He'd get the business models etc.. but personally I think he'd have been pretty upset and like the rest of us, would feel SGA had been shafted.

It's hard to say. But in this recession, MGM genuinely might be strapped for cash and literally can't afford to make SGA at the moment. It sees SGU as the future for the franchise. It might well be right for all I know. Doesn't make me happy, of course. But, SGU could do really well for all I know. But, damn I'm annoyed and upset about SGA!

Nope. Not speculation. It was offered as fact. But things could have changed recently. It wasn't a definite 'no' for the movie. The exact wording was that the movie had been 'shelved' for the time being because of the financial climate and that it would be looked at again before the summer when MGM would have an idea how things were going. Kavan said it was understandable as it's pretty bleak out there at the moment, which I'm sure we're all aware of.

Well, we could. But I don't ask him things any more. I don't dislike JM at all, though I don't always like what he posts on his blog or agree with what he says or how he words things. But he most likely would feel the same way about my posts!

Personally, he was very charming and sweet, and actually quite handsome, IMO. Not that looks have anything to do with anything... But, he never answers my questions and he thinks I'm a whining Sheppard fan... something Joe F and I have in common. We might be polite, but we love a good whine!

But he might not want to answer or be in a position to anyway. It's worth a try, but the situation was made pretty clear at the con. I'm just hopeful that the movie will go ahead as soon as the financial situation clears up or is sorted out.

When you went on the set visit was it before or after the cancellation notice?

Just curious
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
              Love the gift SAF

and Happy Birthday ccmac
              thank you

Strey.... a blindfolded pen??? LOL. But where´s the fun in that??
              Oh but I do hope that story comes along nicely, rhymer!!! *waits impatiently*

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
              picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                thank you

Strey.... a blindfolded pen??? LOL. But where´s the fun in that??
                Oh but I do hope that story comes along nicely, rhymer!!! *waits impatiently*
                Y'right. No fun. Gag the pen, say I! Score it with an X-acto/Stanley knife and rub in some red paint!

(Thwow him to the gwound and stwike him vewwy woughly, centuwion... )
                Last edited by Strey; 26 January 2009, 02:59 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Tidbit from JM's blog:

As much as we love Kari, there are presently no plans to include her (or any Atlantis characters) in SGU.

Happy Birthday cc! ...again

I'll post my pressie for you here seeing as its on topic

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Sheppard is looking up at you going "no no, please, please don't whump me" but you just cackle and ignore him, don't you? Yes, yes

Comment

I'm rather glad there won't be any SGA folks as regulars on SGU. I'd hate to not have them around for the movies. JM said it was too early to discuss guest stars. It would be fun to see some of our SGA folks pop in for a visit.

Movie info from JM:
                      So what, many of you have been asking, IS happening with the SG-1 and SGA movies? Well, at last report, Carl was about 20 pages away from a first pass of the script which will then find it’s way onto Brad’s laptop where he will do his pass. The Atlantis movie is still an outline but Paul and I will be starting work on the script in the coming weeks and hope to have it completed by April. An official production start date for either movie has yet to be announced. More detailed discussions on both movies will be taking place in the coming weeks and, hopefully, I’ll have more definitive news for you then regarding everything from actor participation to a preliminary schedule.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I thought Chuck sounded exactly like Nicholson! I think all of the other actors overdo Joe's voice and it doesn't sound exactly like him, but it's still very funny, IMO. I know this story's been told before, but Chuck did say that Joe is a good sport about it all. Joe obviously saw Chuck's impersonation of him on YouTube. So, Chuck is walking through the lot, Joe is standing there leaning on a wall, as he does, and he spies Chuck, looks up from what he was doing, and motions with his finger for Chuck to come over. He looks at Chuck, tells him he's seen his impersonation of him on YouTube. Chuck is feeling a little concerned... but Joe just says, "It was very funny!" and gets back to his reading.
                        That would be so odd to see, but in that business, it's the norm now I think

I think people have to realise MGM isn't doing great at the moment. The rumour is it simply couldn't afford to produce two shows, so SGA went. Also as has been mentioned before, they wanted to do movies as they're more cost effective. However, common sense says SG1 has had two movies direct to DVD before and they've sold incredibly well. It's proven in that format. Thus with RDA starring in the new SG1 movie, they're going to go with that rather than SGA at the moment as far as is known. Sure, the SGA dvd's sell well, but on dvd movie format, SG1 is proven.

Kavan wasn't speculating about the movie, he said it as fact. But, things could change or might have already and he might not know about it. But he was definite that the movie had been temporarily shelved because of the financial climate and that they'd be looking at the situation towards the summer.
                        I read an article in Varietynot long ago about how studios are very closely studying who gets what. Just cuz you're a big name will no longer qualify you for that big paycheck. You're only as good as your last movie, so if an agent goes in and says "5 million" the studio shrugs and goes "two million, take it or leave it." (wish they'd done that on Wall Street!)

Trouble is that MGM could easily decide to sink money meant for SGA flick into something animated, etc. that they think is easy money on dvd.

As for what to do with SGA off the air? Well, the Skiffy lineup on Fridays doesn't interest me. Invasion didn't do much for me when it originally aired, ditto for Moonlight, but I am having lots of fun with CBS' FLASHPOINT - a canadian drama about a police emergency swat type team. Despite the explosions, bullets etc. not much in the way of injuries, but they had a great emotional angst episode with the lead sniper last week. So, it's on at the same time as SGA (sniff) but I can pop in a DVD of SGA later on

Comment

Good evening whumpers!!

it took me a while but I finally catch you up...the best I could...

Now, I believe, "Hide and Seek" is in order next
                          picfic --- for those interested...
                          thanks! it was good!!!

Linzi and Ali and all of you goers to P-4- thanks for all you P-4 reports, I had a great time with every each of them. (specially those Joe's stories)

About the SGA movie:

Spoiler:
                          The whole thing have me now pretty scare!!! I never took as a fact that not going with it could be a serious possibility, untill now, I'm not a expert in that theme, so I just have to say that the financial matters messing up with the SGA movie really sucks!!!! Still I'll keep my fingers cross.

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                          Well, it does provide a way to 'accidentally' bump into JF - stake out the local coffee places or sneak onto set - "Coffee delivery for Mr. Flanigan!"
                          I'll do that without hesitation....I used to sneak and break hospitals security to get the information I need it....pretty scary though....

Ok if you insist . It's about Search and Rescue, so I'll spoiler it.

Spoiler:
                          David's a little, um, well, Kavan said he's... I can't use the word here because of the language filter. But he's a bit of a hypochondriac and well, he loses it frequently because he's highly strung and all and he's basically a baby! So, anyway, you know the bit in S and R when McKay and Lorne are trapped? Well some poor guy was tipping dust on them from way above and David looked up and got dust in his eye. And Kavan said he went beserk! Screaming his head off, going: 'Oh my GOD! MY EYE, MY EYE' and totally overreacting. He said it was hysterical! Apparently he's always like it. Which again, I knew anyway. David's totally adorable though and I love him how he is!

Joe, as Ali said, whines and gets told to shut up by BamBam. joe hurt his neck in one stunt on DG and Jason said 'emememememememem!' and called Joe a baby so he shut up!

Kavan and David are friends so Kavan said David will know what he's saying about him!
                          OMG!!! LOL!

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                          For those who asked, me as pregnant Teyla!

Spoiler:

The wig seems to have slipped back a little bit in this photo so doesn't look quite right...

Wow Ali!!! both of you look amazing!!! nice to meet you.

BamBam basically said that Joe is a very physical, athletic guy (and explained about the soccer games etc) but that he's not so much into sharp, sudden sort of motion like snapping off rapid punches etc in martial arts or that kind of thing - or the kind of motions that you need to brace yourself for (like being pulled rapidly backwards on a harness! ). BamBam said that he was deliberately pulling really hard on the wire on the DG stunt to pull Joe back into the crashmats, trying to freak Joe out, and RC was in on the joke by saying they needed another take etc, just to wind Joe up by making him do it again! He did say Joe did get a bit of whiplash from that stunt though and strain the muscles in his neck/shoulders a little.. but they told him to stop whining and he got over it.
                          Ouch!!! now, that is the type of whump I deslike (specially on Joe)...and by the way we watched Shep falling backward on that particular DG's scene, I do not doubt for a moment the way Bam Bam pulled Joe backwars was, in fact, hard!!!.. neck is very dellicate though.

Cassie got it. I'm sure she can be convinced to put it on YouTube. I managed to get vid of Chuck doing his impression of Jack Nicholson (as a traffic cop) pulling over Joe Flanigan for a traffic violation.
                          I saw that one some time ago...it was just great!

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          If MGM are waiting for this financial slump to sort itself out ... they will be waiting a long time. The recession the world is caught up in not going to go away anytime soon..... so I honestly can't see the Movie going ahead if it has been shelved for finanial reasons..

It still makes me cross to hear why the PTB wanted to make SGU as they felt SGA had run out of ideas... SGA had so much potential and is was all squandered because the ptb were putting all their attention and focus into making their new show... it was pretty obvious from about Season 3 onwards that they had lost interest in SGA... but all it needed was a little more creative imput... which the ptb for some reason refused to do...

They are pulling all the stops out now for SGU.. new writers.. new creative consulants ..and a bigger budget.. Brad Wright confirmed that SGU would cost MORE than SGA to make.. he said if they were going to make a new show they wanted to do it right and therefore it was going to cost more..

So whichever way you look at it SGA got shelved because of the desire to make a new show... which the ptb are entitled to do.. but what makes me sad is how they went about doing it... they talk about SGU being the way forward and the new franchise but they already had a franchise in SGA.. but they lost interest in it and decided to toss it aside rather than going to any lenghts to make it better or utilise the wonderful cast they had to take Stargate into the future.

Personally I think they have made a huge mistake and SGU will shunter on for about 2-3 years but I don't see it being anymore sucessful than SGA and ultimateley the ptb won't really have achieved anything.
                          I complety agreed with you on that.

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

I'm sure the fans would have helped.

Shep beat up
                          Shep shot
                          Shep stabbed
                          Shep in a comma
                          Shep with hypothermia
                          Shep tortured....
                          Shep nekkid and ginger caked..
                          I could go on.

Absolutly!!! that kind of list to fill the season's eps it would have been pretty much what I'd have done as a writer/producer/director.... for season 6

Rhymer
                          I went to your LJ and have a look at your custome and notes, I think it was amazing!!! I leaved a comment there too!!!

Well, we missed a birthday today!!!
                          Can´t have that!!

[CENTER]Happy Birthday cc-mac!!!!!
                          Happy Birthday CC!!!!!!!!!

and

Congrats to Ali for your 18000!!!!
                          Last edited by Steve Austin; 26 January 2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Wow! A chatty day today. It is so nice to see.

Thank you so much for all the con stuff, Ali, Linzi, Rhymer, at al!! I wish I could have been there.

Rhymer, you look great and the costume is fab! I hope you feel better soon.

Congrats on 18000, Ali!

Happy Birthday, CC!!

Thanks for the bit from JM's blog, Cazz. (Lost the quote somehow.) I am slightly encouraged, but will hold any squee until they are actually filming.

Comment

Made this for cc its really spoilery for vegas sooooooo....dont tell the mods jk. But ask them first if ya wanna use it okay cc
                              Spoiler:
                              sig by Cazzblade

Comment

That is very nice, Snowball!

Comment

Working...
                                X