John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strey View Post
    So all you con goers - how do you recognise each other? Shep whump T-shirts? Secret handshakes? Funny walks? Single red rose tucked behind left ear? Baseball caps with user names written on them? Huh? Huh?
    Combination of some of us having met each other at previous cons, much swapping of mobile numbers etc behind the scenes, and, when all else fails, walking up to complete strangers in the hotel lobby and saying, "Are you Rhymer?"
    sigpic

Comment

So all you con goers - how do you recognise each other? Shep whump T-shirts? Secret handshakes? Funny walks? Single red rose tucked behind left ear? Baseball caps with user names written on them? Huh? Huh?
      There's usually some perusing/exchanging of photos beforehand. Ali is pretty easy to spot with her hair and height. As for me, one of my friends just looks for a hole in the crowd since I'm a head shorter than most here (in the US).
      sigpic

Comment

So that's how you find each other! Hm. So the usual stuff. No wearing bloodied and bandaged Shep action figure on chain around neck, then.
        sigpic

Comment

So that's how you find each other! Hm. So the usual stuff. No wearing bloodied and bandaged Shep action figure on chain around neck, then.
          Oh my... you *don't* want to know what people were doing to poor, defenceless action figures on the Friday afternoon!
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 18,000 Ali!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              Oh my... you *don't* want to know what people were doing to poor, defenceless action figures on the Friday afternoon!
              Mine stayed face-down in my suitcase all weekend, surrounded by Cup-a-soup and instant mash (which is probably quite traumatic in itself.) Once I saw the size of the rubber duck in the bath, I did almost take Shep out for a photographic adventure with a giant plastic duck of DOOM, but forgot in the end.

Was planning to write fic tonight, but since I don't feel so well, I'm wallowing in nostalgia by playing Baldur's Gate - a game that must be a good ten years old by now. My character? A paladin called Sheppy - charisma of 18, high dexterity, high strength... and, unfortunately, as thick as two short planks, due to unfortunate dice rolls. Trouble is, once he gets wounded, I'll have that dilemma: do I heal him and thus avoid losing the game, or do I let him get worse and worse, just for the pleasure of watching him stagger along saying, "I... I am surely close to death."

Comment

Oh, but I do! I do! Pray, tell!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                  great sig, snow!

would love to see that!
                  edit: found it!
                  (old one though)
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INJ_2SfGeKI
                  heh.. that was Vancon last year I remember it.

Originally posted by SheppAddictedFangirl View Post
                  Anyway, some fun stuff, with all those peeps taking their shots at JF, how about some turnaround

JF doing a Wraith impression:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArZIzd7se2U

JF doing an impression of his kids watching SGA
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KpQn...eature=related

Joe getting a phone call from "sweetie" during bts interview (season 1)
                  ... also a "live" ride on his skateboard!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRLgP...eature=related

found this one, too ...
                  David about mocking JF on set ("everybody does it, you can´t help it")
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1IfvVgyi2c
                  those are great, thanks!

Combination of some of us having met each other at previous cons, much swapping of mobile numbers etc behind the scenes, and, when all else fails, walking up to complete strangers in the hotel lobby and saying, "Are you Rhymer?"
                  when all else fails, that works well too. *G*

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                  Congrats on 18,000 Ali!!
                  Congrats Ali!
                  sigpic
                  My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

There's usually some perusing/exchanging of photos beforehand. Ali is pretty easy to spot with her hair and height. As for me, one of my friends just looks for a hole in the crowd since I'm a head shorter than most here (in the US).
                    That´s with most my friends too

that´s a great idea, though

hmm, yes, I´m interested

Congrats on 18,000 Ali!!
                    Congrats, Ali!

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                    Mine stayed face-down in my suitcase all weekend, surrounded by Cup-a-soup and instant mash (which is probably quite traumatic in itself.) Once I saw the size of the rubber duck in the bath, I did almost take Shep out for a photographic adventure with a giant plastic duck of DOOM, but forgot in the end.

Was planning to write fic tonight, but since I don't feel so well, I'm wallowing in nostalgia by playing Baldur's Gate - a game that must be a good ten years old by now. My character? A paladin called Sheppy - charisma of 18, high dexterity, high strength... and, unfortunately, as thick as two short planks, due to unfortunate dice rolls. Trouble is, once he gets wounded, I'll have that dilemma: do I heal him and thus avoid losing the game, or do I let him get worse and worse, just for the pleasure of watching him stagger along saying, "I... I am surely close to death."
                    What a dilemma

Originally posted by SGAFan View Post
                    heh.. that was Vancon last year I remember it.

those are great, thanks!
                    you´re welcome

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                    picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Congrats on 18,000 Ali!!
                      *looks at post count*

Whoops! Hadn't even noticed!

Originally posted by rhymer View Post
                      Sorry you're feeling crummy hon - I used to LOVE Baldur's Gate! We have the PC Game and also Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 on the PS2. Oh and Neverwinter Nights on PC is brilliant...

Oh, but I do! I do! Pray, tell!
                      Well, there were Daleks involved and a Dr Who or two, as well as Sheppy and McKay, and someone kept putting certain figures in *ahem* compromising positions!
                      sigpic

Comment

*looks at post count*

Whoops! Hadn't even noticed!

Sorry you're feeling crummy hon - I used to LOVE Baldur's Gate! We have the PC Game and also Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 on the PS2. Oh and Neverwinter Nights on PC is brilliant...

Well, there were Daleks involved and a Dr Who or two, as well as Sheppy and McKay, and someone kept putting certain figures in *ahem* compromising positions!
                        If I ever get to meet you guys, I'd definitely have to bring along my Planet of the Apes TV series action figures - the blond one, the dark-haired one and Galen.
                        2 guys and a chimpanzee... Doesn't bear thinking about!

My whumpable dark-haired one lost his foot* many moons ago. I stuck a band-aid/plaster on it to keep it rigidly in place and the poor bugger's been hobbling for some 30 years! Forgot the drippy blood - silly me, eh? - but I'm not into Burke whumping anymore so I'll leave well enough alone.

*It wasn't me, it was the one-armed man/action figure! That wasn't me either!
                        Last edited by Strey; 26 January 2009, 12:06 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

If I ever get to meet you guys, I'd have to bring along my Planet of the Apes TV series action figures - the blond one, the dark-haired one and Galen.
                          2 guys and a chimpanzee... Doesn't bear thinking about!
                          But that could be fun!!
                          I can´t believe what I just did!!

OT
                          Spoiler:
                          I called my sister (entirely different matter but anyway)

... well, her number anyway, but got BIL instead .... and kinda told him about England /Bedford and EVERYTHING about Bedford!!!!

Now he knows why I´m going!! (well, he was about the only one that didn´t cause last time that slipped, he and sis weren´t present... )

He even knows JF!! Well, he said he knows the name but can´t picture him just now Told him he´s on Stargate Atlantis which is running on TV atm (not today but still...) and he´s like "AH! Probably from there

Well, told him he´s not THAT well known (not a big movie star ---yet ) but that I still think he SHOULD not be on TV only, cause he´s too good for that (although I love it when he´s on TV every week and you know what he said?!

"But you´d rather have him at your place, huh?!"

Great, now he knows my crush
                          He´s sooo gonna tease me for that next time we meet!! LOL

But my sister offered to drive me to the airport , had kinda planned on taking a cab or train .... but whoa!!
                          I think somebody stole my family and replaced them with nice(r) copies

So .. yeah... a little nervous ... still...

I`m good

Check out this amazing vid by SGAFan on YouTube Joe IS Rockford!
                          picfic craziness against boredom: Col.Sheppard & the nutty whumpers

Comment

Well, in an effort to be on-topic (for once! ) Epiphany was on TV tonight and I had to go out to the supermarket but I just couldn't tear myself away until I'd watched poor Sheppy struggle with the pain of transiting the portal and then getting beaten up by the beast and waking up in bed... *shakes fist at Hedda for healing him so easily*
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, in an effort to be on-topic (for once! ) Epiphany was on TV tonight and I had to go out to the supermarket but I just couldn't tear myself away until I'd watched poor Sheppy struggle with the pain of transiting the portal and then getting beaten up by the beast and waking up in bed... *shakes fist at Hedda for healing him so easily*
                              Watched Epiphany last night. Said it before - blast that interfering brat to the very bowels of Hades...
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh, one more thing... I forgot to take a pen with me to P4, which was a bad, bad thing, since I always take pen and paper when I go away, for planning stories. So I bought a pen from the dealers' room... and it's freaky! It totally unnerved me when I was trying to write notes.

I mean, here I am trying to plan out some Shep whump, and those eyes are looking up at me from between my fingers. It's just wrong. I'd write a few sentences, and then my eyes would be drawn by magic to those eyes, and it was as if they were looking at me, saying, "oh, please, please don't hurt me any more. Please write about puppies and flowers, not pain. Please, please."

(I don't know if it shows up, but the words Shep is looking so anxiously at read "S waking up in pain." )

Comment

Working...
                                X