This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
    I love Weir too! And I hope to meet Torri at a convention some day. Since we're all here - does anyone know where I can find some pictures of Torri? I'm looking for a particular photo shoot, from 2004 I believe. She's wearing Jeans, a light blue top and in one shot, she has her dog with her. Anyone know what I mean and where I can find the pictures in fairly decent quality?

And I love her hair too. Especially in curly mode.
    They're also here at GateWorld.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I am so, so, so happy to see so much support for Torri and Elizabeth here on this thread. I wasn't sure whether to start it as when I first came onto Gateworild there seemed to be a lot of hostility towards Weir and towards Torri, some of it which really was a bit cruel and I didn't want to start a thread which was going to fill up with negative comments so to see all this positivity and Torri and Weir love is great because I think it's much deserved! Torri is very talented and Elzabeths intriguing. What could be more interesting than that? hehe.

Vicki are you on the TorriSquee LJ group? I've looked around on there but haven't joined. I was the girly who bid for Torris signed JR fan magazine. I bid £27.00 for it but then it did have a cute message on the front and I had writing in it yay. So it was deffinately worth the money to me.

I've loved Weir right from the first episode. There's something about Torri which makes her so likeable and I look forward to any screen time that Weir gets because like McKay she's a character who I always want to see different facets of and who I consistently want to learn more about, particularly after Before I Sleep where some really interesting character traits were brought up that I'd love to see explored (and how amazing was Torri in that episode!) I love the darker aspects to characters and having their vulnerablilities explored because thats what makes them human and I hope we get to see this in season 2.

I love that Elizabeth a leader with heart. She's strong willed, thoughtful and determined to do the best by her people and she's a leader who really cares about her people. She's in charge but she's also a friend and a confidant. She seems to be one of the only people McKay seems to really openly repsect and someone he'd go to extreme lengths to protect. That's gotta be the sign of a good leader. I also love the fact that under the strength she possesses as leader of Atlantis Elizabeth is also portrayed as quite a lonely character in that role as is explored in Suspicion during a conversation Weir and Teyla have. She's friends with the other characters but she also has to distance herself from them somewhat because of being leader. I also love that as well as having strength she also has vulnerabilities and feelings just the same as everybody else. I think that's what makes her great as does Torris portrayl. She can show the strength and the vulnerability all at the same time and hint at a wicked sense of humour too. I think Atlantis has an amazingly talented cast.

As for Torris hair it is different quite often yup. It could be that she has naturally curly hair which was straightened for the first episode but which was then left to do its own thang lol. Either that or Weir took a pair of curling irons to Atlantis with her.

Thanks for posting everyone. Keep it up

Lucy x

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
        You know one of the gripes my SG1 housemate ha about her is that he thinks she's too like Ripley from Alien.
        I admit i can see the similarities, strong female role and also that Torri does sort of look like Sigourney Weaver at some angles.
        But it's not like they copied the character at all and so I can't see his problem.

Also anyone got an opinion on something from recent episodes (spoilers for Letters from Pegasus, The Gift and Seige part 1)
        Spoiler:
        Why do you think Weir is suddenly using alot of eyeliner? There's also its fluctuations in The Gift, like it changes to being alot stronger, retouched - happening to be stronger in the scenes with McKay. This being so ever since she effectively dumped Simon. A friend and I were wondering if it might be a makeup department conspiracy, some secret McWeir shippers in it but we are hopeful shippers...

But anyway, she also seems to have lots of eyeliner in the Seige and were wondering if its the whole thing of makeup like warpaint, making a mask of strength as the situation with Wraith gets serious. Anyone else think this?
        Her hair reminds me of Sigourney's hair too sometimes. and her face is kinda shaped like hers i think

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
          I love Weir too! And I hope to meet Torri at a convention some day. Since we're all here - does anyone know where I can find some pictures of Torri? I'm looking for a particular photo shoot, from 2004 I believe. She's wearing Jeans, a light blue top and in one shot, she has her dog with her. Anyone know what I mean and where I can find the pictures in fairly decent quality?

And I love her hair too. Especially in curly mode.
          Those are cute pictures. I know exactly which ones you mean. Her dog in those is the dog that was used in Home wasn't it?

I hope to meet Torri too one day. I've met most of the SG1 cast at the last two Gatecons but now I'd so love to meet the Atlantis cast, particularly Torri and David who are my absolute favourites on the show. They play of each other so well and are both really talented and good in their roles. I think if I met them then my con days would be over lol.

Lucy

Comment

Anyone got any links to interviews with Torri about Atlantis?
            I've read the one on gateworld and the other one that pops up everywhere and is on Stargate project website.
            Someone I know mentioned an interview where she says how she'd love for Weir to go offworld but that it ain't happening - since i haven't read that does anyone know where to find it.

Any links to interview would be great because I'm finding it hard searching for them. There are plenty for the other leads characters but lack of hers.

Also if anyone wants screencpas for Weir I have plenty for following 2 episodes (they are mix of Weir only, McKay only, Weir/McKay and few random - you'll have to find the Weir ones but many there)

Hide and Seek ones
            http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/103/

38 minute ones (lots of Weir here)
            http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/104/

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              You know one of the gripes my SG1 housemate ha about her is that he thinks she's too like Ripley from Alien.
              I admit i can see the similarities, strong female role and also that Torri does sort of look like Sigourney Weaver at some angles.
              But it's not like they copied the character at all and so I can't see his problem.

Also anyone got an opinion on something from recent episodes (spoilers for Letters from Pegasus, The Gift and Seige part 1)
              Spoiler:
              Why do you think Weir is suddenly using alot of eyeliner? There's also its fluctuations in The Gift, like it changes to being alot stronger, retouched - happening to be stronger in the scenes with McKay. This being so ever since she effectively dumped Simon. A friend and I were wondering if it might be a makeup department conspiracy, some secret McWeir shippers in it but we are hopeful shippers...

But anyway, she also seems to have lots of eyeliner in the Seige and were wondering if its the whole thing of makeup like warpaint, making a mask of strength as the situation with Wraith gets serious. Anyone else think this?

Bahhahhahhah! we though the same on the Weir/Sheppard thread re Simon. Although I hadn't noticed the eyeliner. Any of my Weir/Sheppard fellow fiends, er... friends notice the eyeliner thing??

Comment

On the Weir/Ripley similarities - check out these artworks that are on the Torri site.
                You can really tell on them.

http://torrihigginson.info/photos/in...gmFilters=#pic

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
                  I am so, so, so happy to see so much support for Torri and Elizabeth here on this thread. I wasn't sure whether to start it as when I first came onto Gateworild there seemed to be a lot of hostility towards Weir and towards Torri, some of it which really was a bit cruel and I didn't want to start a thread which was going to fill up with negative comments so to see all this positivity and Torri and Weir love is great because I think it's much deserved! Torri is very talented and Elzabeths intriguing. What could be more interesting than that? hehe.

Vicki are you on the TorriSquee LJ group? I've looked around on there but haven't joined. I was the girly who bid for Torris signed JR fan magazine. I bid £27.00 for it but then it did have a cute message on the front and I had writing in it yay. So it was deffinately worth the money to me.

I've loved Weir right from the first episode. There's something about Torri which makes her so likeable and I look forward to any screen time that Weir gets because like McKay she's a character who I always want to see different facets of and who I consistently want to learn more about, particularly after Before I Sleep where some really interesting character traits were brought up that I'd love to see explored (and how amazing was Torri in that episode!) I love the darker aspects to characters and having their vulnerablilities explored because thats what makes them human and I hope we get to see this in season 2.

I love that Elizabeth a leader with heart. She's strong willed, thoughtful and determined to do the best by her people and she's a leader who really cares about her people. She's in charge but she's also a friend and a confidant. She seems to be one of the only people McKay seems to really openly repsect and someone he'd go to extreme lengths to protect. That's gotta be the sign of a good leader. I also love the fact that under the strength she possesses as leader of Atlantis Elizabeth is also portrayed as quite a lonely character in that role as is explored in Suspicion during a conversation Weir and Teyla have. She's friends with the other characters but she also has to distance herself from them somewhat because of being leader. I also love that as well as having strength she also has vulnerabilities and feelings just the same as everybody else. I think that's what makes her great as does Torris portrayl. She can show the strength and the vulnerability all at the same time and hint at a wicked sense of humour too. I think Atlantis has an amazingly talented cast.

As for Torris hair it is different quite often yup. It could be that she has naturally curly hair which was straightened for the first episode but which was then left to do its own thang lol. Either that or Weir took a pair of curling irons to Atlantis with her.

Thanks for posting everyone. Keep it up

Lucy x

Not to mention her great vibe with Sheppard...

What? Well sorry, a whole post about Weir and no mention of Sheppard?? Of course, I'm going to come in with the Weir/Sheppard thing..

Personally, I like her vibe with McKay and Sheppard, and Grodin and Zelenka and Bates and Tey'la even. She's just so good!

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the eyeliner thing too. I was trying not to notice.

To be honest, it looked like what we did with kids in drama when they were sick or, in one case, bruised. We didn't have understudies most of the time, so we had a ridiculously thick makeup we'd use to cover it up. I wondered while I was watching if Torri was ill or something.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

She does work really well with everybody it's true. She's prolly one of those actresses who could have chemistry with a rock lol.

I'm a McKay and Weir shipper I'm afraid but I do think Weir has cute scenes with Sheppard. I just like the potential for gritty storylines between Mckay and Weir lol because of their personalities hehe.

Can't say i noticed the eyeliner thing. I do think Torri looks like Sigourney Weaver though.

Luce

Comment

She does work really well with everybody it's true. She's prolly one of those actresses who could have chemistry with a rock lol.

I'm a McKay and Weir shipper I'm afraid but I do think Weir has cute scenes with Sheppard. I just like the potential for gritty storylines between Mckay and Weir lol because of their personalities hehe.

Can't say i noticed the eyeliner thing. I do think Torri looks like Sigourney Weaver though.

Luce
                        that's cool... I just like how it's all mixed up at the moment, and we can all be kept happy...

As long as it stays that way!

Comment

Yeah I hope it stays that way too. I hate it when all the different shippers start to pick on each other. There's certainly something for everyone in Atlantis. It's kinda sweet what Elizabeth brings out in all the Atlantis men.

Lucy

Comment

Yeah I hope it stays that way too. I hate it when all the different shippers start to pick on each other. There's certainly something for everyone in Atlantis. It's kinda sweet what Elizabeth brings out in all the Atlantis men.

Lucy
                            She does, doesn't she?

Comment

Yeah it's so sweet. It's like she brings out the best and the passion in all of them. Look at Sheppard and Rodney in The Eye. Wow! It's really good viewing that!

Lucy

Comment

Fantastic to see a thread finally for Torri/Weir.
                                I think there has been a really good progression and development of the character so far and you can see some real opportunities / possible story lines going forward.
                                Its always encouraging to see a strong and resourceful woman character portayed without the need to resorting to the stereotypical tough but emotionally devoid woman so often seen.
                                Torri has done a really great job so far with Weir showing her soft and vunerable side along with the toughness of spirit and determination to do whats needed for "her" team.
                                I'd not come across Torri before SGA and wasn't sure what to expect or how the character would fit in but I'm very impressed so far!
                                Last edited by Kazan; 28 January 2005, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X