Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the latest issue of SFX in the Uk has a Torri interview.
    Not noticed it but will probably go look when I next go into the city.
    Strange how suddenly alot more Torri interviews compared to before but it's all very interesting to read, like the BBc one above.

Comment

I forgot about this Weir pic that I made during my hours of Gateworld deprivation... hope you like it...

sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
        I forgot about this Weir pic that I made during my hours of Gateworld deprivation... hope you like it...

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...insonSeige.jpg
        that's great! Do you think she's reading Gateworld? I can't wait for that episode to come on in the UK. I hear she was awesome in it!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily

Oooo she's looking very thoughtful in that pic. I really can't wait to see those episodes. From what I've read theres a lot of great acting and thats what keeps me engrossed in a show.

Hope everyones okay. Have been away from Gateworld for a day but am back now

Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by lucylou
            Oooo she's looking very thoughtful in that pic. I really can't wait to see those episodes. From what I've read theres a lot of great acting and thats what keeps me engrossed in a show.

Hope everyones okay. Have been away from Gateworld for a day but am back now

Lucy
            Hey lucy - good to have you back around!
            The rest of the episodes are fantastic and TH does a fab job - she really goes from strength to strength over the season. Its like she really got into the character and it just clicked. Looking forward to seeing the episodes again and its going to be a long wait til next season!!!!

Comment

Reading an interview I mentioned earlier on in this thread Torri said she found it hard to start off with but it does seem like she's grown a lot more comfortable playing Elizabeth and yes she really has gone from strength to strength in her portrayl of the character. I loved Weir from the start but in Before I Sleep we really got to see what Torri can do and it just reinforced my view that Torri is such an amazing actress. She was just so good in that episode and hopefully season 2 will give her many more opportunitys to show what she's capable of.

Lucy

Comment

Reading an interview I mentioned earlier on in this thread Torri said she found it hard to start off with but it does seem like she's grown a lot more comfortable playing Elizabeth and yes she really has gone from strength to strength in her portrayl of the character. I loved Weir from the start but in Before I Sleep we really got to see what Torri can do and it just reinforced my view that Torri is such an amazing actress. She was just so good in that episode and hopefully season 2 will give her many more opportunitys to show what she's capable of.

Lucy
                Indeed!!!
                Took me a while but I've really warmed up to both TH and the character. Now honestly, I think shes my favorite character. I think the way TH is playing the contrast between the tough and strong leader with the underlying sense of vulnerability and insecurity is great to watch.

Comment

Lucy
                  Yes, hoping she gets several great episodes in Season 2. Alot of this season have been very McKay-centric (not that I mind - as he's my first favourite character) but it would be really great to see Elizabeth have more storylines and development and give Torri a chance to delve deeper into the character.

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler for Season 2 but to be safe rather than sorry I'm putting it in the tags - also has Seige spoiler in there
                  Spoiler:

With the the script Joe Flanigan is writing for Season 2 we will see more of the city and have a better chance of seeing Elizabeth playing a larger role in that episode at the very least.

Plus it would be nice to see her doing some more negotiations, like with Prenim of the Genii - I'm sure they'll want to know how things went with their bomb, although I'm not sure going back would be wise unless they have something else to offer to keep the upper hand, in case they do the bound and blindfolded virtually a hostage thing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
                    Indeed!!!
                    Took me a while but I've really warmed up to both TH and the character. Now honestly, I think shes my favorite character. I think the way TH is playing the contrast between the tough and strong leader with the underlying sense of vulnerability and insecurity is great to watch.
                    I totally agree. Something I love about Weir and also about McKay and many of the other characters in Atlantis are that they are not only strong characters with many different character traits but they're also characters who are played with a sense of vulnerability and insecurity (particularly McKay) which makes them so easy to relate to and more human. They all have flaws and things that they're insecure about. None of them are perfect and they show it's okay not to be perfect.

I love watching them as they all find their place on Atlantis and I think that with luck we will see all of them being further developed in season 2. As Torri said in an interview she likes to explore the vulnerabilities and fears of characters. Those things are the things that I personally love to see explored and that I hope we get to see the actors deal with in season 2.

Lucy

Comment

Lucy
                      I think this pretty much parallels Weir's journey as well... she IS becoming much more comfortable with the role of being a de facto military leader. They even give her Winston Churchill type speeches to deliver...

Astro: She was very good in The Seige I & II... Gateworld or no Gateworld things were pretty grim
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Ok, thread needs a little bumping and also lacking piccies a bit.

Here's some for everyone. All from 'The Storm'.

An amused Elizabeth at the superman comment

Trying to convince Sora that Teyla isn't her responsible

And finally two of Elizabeth negotiating with Kolya - love the second one for that defiant look - she has guts even when he has the upperhand.

Comment

Hiya everyone!

Thought everyone might like to know that Torri's up for a Saturn Award for Best Supporting Actress In A Television show. She's up against Amanda Tapping. Not bad for an actress who appears in a shows first series but then Torri is an exceptional actress. Lets hope she wins it!

Lucy x

Comment

Congrats Torri!

Don't know if she can beat Amanda. . but SG1 has been a bit weak this season.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

They're both amazing actresses and both deserve the award. I'd love for Torri to win though. I think she deserves it. She totally showed what she was capable of in Before I Sleep and Elizabeth has so much potential because of Torris capabilities as an actress. It'd be nice to see her win, especially after a lot of the negativity that both Torri and Elizabeth have faced.

Lucy

Comment

The worst actress, and at the same time, character in both series. I can't find any other actor/actress that has similar limited expressions like her. She looks and acts like a school teacher. Her character also is pretty pointless, why would you need someone like her in a mission like this? She doesnt know anything, doesnt understand a thing or help with anything. The main role of Weir is just to say 'Do it', Becket can do that for god sake.

Comment

Working...
                                X