Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, in all honesty, we caught the boxer shots because there was a shot in "The Storm" where Sheppard leaned over to pick something up from a guy he'd just shot, and the camera stayed on his butt. Athena's right. Elizabeth's ever-changing hair is more noticeable, and takes less in the way of frame-by-frame to catch.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Wow... I was just thinking yesterday that there doesn't seem to be any appreciation threads for ladies of SGA... but I was wrong obviously... Don't know how I missed it... I spend half my waking hours on the forum...

Yay... a thread for Weir (my third most favourite person in SGA)... I like Torri... she's pretty cool... does a great job trying to hold things together. I had misgivings at first but I think Weir is becoming the right person for the job. She has great interaction with everyone on the team and they seem to (in their own way) respect her.
      Before I Sleep was probably Weir and Torri's big moment... it's one of my favourite episodes now... the interaction, the dialogue, the plot... wonderful intimate moments. I even felt weepy in parts... and a lot of it was Torri.
      Spoiler:
      Doesn't she do "old" good or what?

Yes... and I did notice the eyeliner ... mentioned it my post on The Seige thread.
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Lucy - yes, I *am* involved in torri_squee on LJ... however did you guess?

Only another quick reply tonight (thank you 9am lecture - grrr)

Anyway... I adore the character of Elizabeth Weir (no, I don't think she's called Lizzie, except by possibly family members and Sheppard would totally try it if he knew that - heee!)

Elizabeth has "storage cupboard" hair... Shep always messes it up when they're in the storage cupboards together

Interview... there's one in Dreamwatch (? Or at least I think it's Dreamwatch!) this month....

*looks around unsuccessfully for her copy*

Damn. All I remember is:

"I've heard that some of the fans want us to get together. Bless them."

The us being Weir and Shep - heee *g*

(And I think that interview was before she met me, Jenny and Smish... although she did still call us adorable even after we explained the storage cupboards and everything)

Heeee!
        It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
        Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
        Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

I'm more of a McKay and Weir fan than a Shep and Weir fan. There's so much angsty emotional potential there lol. That said thats not the only reason i watch Atlantis and I think Elizabeth is a totaly cool and kick ass female character to watch.

Luce

Comment

Been searching interivews and the one I most want to read is the Starlog one - but it's American Magazine so I can't get it! Not on back issues yet, since it's recent enough - #330. If anyone has this I'd loved to hear a summary.

Other than the gateworld one and the stargateproject one that floats around alot of places other than that, there's alos a tiny snippet in this
            http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate...on=show&ID=106

Comment

And this is UGO.com Atlantis section which has a small video interview with Rainbow, David and Torri.

http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/e...rticleID=12424

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki
                Lucy - yes, I *am* involved in torri_squee on LJ... however did you guess? ;
                Can you give me the link to that? Would love to take a look at it.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Bumping to talk about "The Siege Part II." But first, yes, they fixed her makeup.

Spoiler:
                  Wow, what an episode. Torri was amazing. Throughout the episode she held herself with such poise, despite being cut down by the new commander at almost every opportunity. And Elizabeth got to go offworld, huzzah! Her negotiations with the Genii man were so very convincing. As I said to someone else, he might have had her tied up, but she was twisting his arm. (Quite the contortionist is she. )

This episode really had the whole gamut. Resignation of defeat, determination to stop the Wraith whatever the cost, standing up to Everett despite his attempts to brush her aside, surprise at Sheppard's standing up for her, her power in negotiating with the Genii, and fear — absolute fear — and horror at Sheppard's willingness to sacrifice himself for the many.

Best. Episode. Ever. And Torri really carried it.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Sounds like quite an amazing episode for Torri. I can't wait to see the latter half of the season and to see season 2! I think she's an excellent actress and deserves all the chaces she can get to shine.

Comment

The dreamwatch article is here

http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.ne...6higginson.php

As for the Seige Part 2
                      Spoiler:
                      I prefered Seige part 1 as an episode but adored Elizabeth in this. She took it all in her stride and I was thrilled to see her going offworld and flexing her diplomatic muscles. One thing I didn't like was the Sheppard/Weir 'look' scene. Not because of the actors, I'm sure they did fine but the end scene between them was too melodramatic for my tastes - like soap opera long angsty looks. I don't just say that because I ship McKay/Weir, but because it seemed over the top whether it was romantic or simply frendship. Either way Torri was great in this episode and expect she will be in it's conclusion next season

EDIT: For those who gave me bad rep for saying it was melodramatic

- Firstly I don't begrudge other people for their ships (and whether that scene is taken as friendship or romantic is matter of interpretation anyway)
                      - Secondly I can live with Shep/Weir on the show and I'm not saying anything against that. My complaint isn't with the ship that maybe well be there in the scene (I'm happy for all the ecstatic Shep/Weir shippers out there): it's with how they did it.

I personally felt that that scene was melodramatic and like it could have been out of Day of Our Lives or something. That's not me hating Shep/Weir, that's me not liking the way the scene was directed regardless of what it means.

I'm just annoyed other people give me bad rep for not liking something - it's not like I'm dissing Shep/Weir or claiming some other ship as an OTP that should be on the show - it's an opinion on the directing and not on the Sheppard/Weir relationship.

I just happen to not like that bit of the episode - why give me bad points for saying that when that's how I feel? It's not like I'm stating it as a fact because quite obviously it a matter of opinion and nothing more. you're entitled to yours and if you love it then I won't neg rep anyone for that.
                      Last edited by Purpleyin; 20 May 2005, 07:56 AM.

Comment

There is a totally amazing interview with Torri at the address :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/cult/...04/16859.shtml . She's so honest and it really is an amazing interview and really interesting to read. She sounds like an amazing and open woman!

Lucy

Comment

At first, i thought Weir would be a bland leader, but as the series developed, she grew on me, and in before I sleep in particular, I really started to like the character.

I would love to see what she'd be like offworld. She's got a diplomatic nature to her, so she'd definitely suit it. After all, McKay's idea of diplomacy is somewhat skewed by his sheer arrogance, and it's left to Teyla to do the diplomatic stuff. Of course, I'm having trouble imagining Weir with a P90, blasting the guts out of a wraith, so maybe not.

Oh, and Torri does a great job!

Comment

Oooo I'm now a Jaffa Warrior! How cool. So not Torri related but only just realised hehe.

Lucy

Comment

I admit, I found Weir a little cold at first, but she grew on me very quickly (prolly from the conversation with Sam of "I would never say that"). But the first thing that popped into my head when I saw there was a Weir thread was: "Man, she has an awful lot of red shirts. I wonder how big that suitcase was."
                              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                              Daniel: Oh! You see?
                              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Yeah she does seem to have a bigger wardrobe than some of the other characters hehe.

I liked Weir from the start but its really great to see that there are people who weren't sure about her at first who now like her a lot more. I think maybe as Torri's become more comfortable playing her it's shown in her acting as the series has progressed. She's going from strength to strength as Weir and Weir is going from strength to strength as the characters being developed.

Lucy

Comment

Working...
                                X