Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw the Signourney Weaver similarities from the start. I have no prob with that - Ripley was a strong, yet likeable character. As for the eyeliner. . did that start AFTER she got her birthday gift? *snicker*

And the hair. Well, I don't like it curly, but I like that sometimes it is very dishevelled, like she was stressed and kept running her hands through it. Or maybe she was just leaving someone else's room and didn't have time to comb it.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazan
      Fantastic to see a thread finally for Torri/Weir.
      I think there has been a really good progression and development of the character so far and you can see some real opportunities / possible story lines going forward.
      Its always encouraging to see a strong and resourceful woman character portayed without the need to resorting to the stereotypical tough but emotionally devoid woman so often seen.
      Torri has done a really great job so far with Weir showing her soft and vunerable side along with the toughness of spirit and determination to do whats needed for "her" team.
      I'd not come across Torri before SGA and wasn't sure what to expect or how the character would fit in but I'm very impressed so far!
      I agree. In lots of shows where there's a strong female character the character can be written just to show her strength but then other aspects of the character are missing or lost just because writers choose to focus only on that. In Atlantis however we have two strong female characters and Elizabeth is written in such a way that it's shown that you can be strong and determined, you can be intelligent and a good leader but you can also make mistakes and show vulnerability without undermining your position and its shown that it's okay to make mistakes and still be that strong willed, dedicated person. I think this is a really good portrayl and makes the character easy to relate to and enjoy and Torris acting is just amazing when she's given a chance to show what she can do.

Lucy

Comment

hehe I noticed the eyeliner too, but then again my shippy brain just takes it on a Shep/Weir spin...so yeah.

With all this discussion about Elizabeth's hair...maybe I should take caps over her hair over of the season and see how it looks each episode.

Yes i'm the insane screen capper!
        ~Athena

Comment

http://elnino.is-a-geek.com/hannah/110/

Quite a number of Weir shots there, for The Storm.

Comment

Nothing really new to add to insights, but I just thought I'd chime in with the Weir appreciation.' Definately worthy of leading the Atlantis expedition.

I was reading a few of the threads around here and did not really understand all the hostility towards Torri's Weir.

Love her interactions with the other characters, especially her disputes with Sheppard in the 'Hot Zone'.

She definately ranks as one of my favourite characters, third probably after Sheppard and Beckett.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              As for the eyeliner. . did that start AFTER she got her birthday gift? *snicker*
              If you're thinking mints - Do. Not. Go. There.

I noticed the eyeliner thing too. Maybe it's like the lipstick thing with Amanda in the first season of SG-1. They were trying to get it right. It looks different on camera than in real life, so you have to try a little to get the right amount.

Can't wait for the Siege II. Spoilers read VERY interesting.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
              it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
              It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
              And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                If you're thinking mints - Do. Not. Go. There.

I noticed the eyeliner thing too. Maybe it's like the lipstick thing with Amanda in the first season of SG-1. They were trying to get it right. It looks different on camera than in real life, so you have to try a little to get the right amount.

LOL...mints...

who wants a mint?
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  who wants a mint?
                  *cough* No, thanks. I'm trying to quit.

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
                  it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
                  It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
                  And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeGirl
                    I know, can't wait to see how it turns out
                    And gah! 5 month wait for the rest too.
                    But I suppose it will all be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      I know, can't wait to see how it turns out
                      And gah! 5 month wait for the rest too.
                      But I suppose it will all be worth it.
                      Waiting just sux...I was never really good at waiting patiently.
                      ~Athena

Comment

I have always liked Weir. I think TH does a terrific, believable job. She's turned Weir into a sympathetic character.

.... But, I never notice the hair, thing. I'd have to tear myself away from the fantastic stories long enough to notice.

BTW, did anyone see Balls UP? It's a comedy about a couple of people who try to scam the Canadian lottery for the 25 million dollar jackpot. TH plays the ringleader.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          .... But, I never notice the hair, thing. I'd have to tear myself away from the fantastic stories long enough to notice.
                          Honestly, I can say I've only noticed the hair thing because I make screen caps of episodes. When you're going frame-by-frame through an episode looking for good shots, you tend to notice things like Torri's everchanging hairstyle or Joe's apparent inability to keep his boxers from showing.
                          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                          Last update: 14 April 2006
                          Melyanna's Multimedia
                          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I never noticed Joes boxers! How bad is that! I notice Torris always changing hair but not the boxers of a cute guy! I did notice though that in almost every scene McKay has with Weir...well it must be a bit chilly in the room, either that or he's over excited lol.

Great to see all the Torri adn Weir appreciation peeps!

Lucy

Comment

Joe's boxers a bit harder to catch in comparison to Torri's hair.

Like Mel said, when we do caps frame by frame, it's hard not to notice things like Joe's boxers.

I guess its one of the reasons why make caps so often.
                              ~Athena

Comment

Maybe I should start making screencaps lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X