John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
    Part One of an Interview with Rachel, I think you will like the answer to the first question!
    http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/sc...part-1.html#tp
    I get all misty when I read things like this. I don't think that the writers didn't see it, I think they just backed off and didn't pursue it. They so needed a Season 6. I think they would have gone with what we wanted it or something to it. Especially if SGA ran back to back with SGU. If they can go all commando and sex in SGU, I'm sure they would have given us JT eventually.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandria7 View Post
      Sorry for the delay with the RR. Things suddenly got a little busy, I'll have my part posted by the end of the weekend.
      I look forward to it...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
        I get all misty when I read things like this. I don't think that the writers didn't see it, I think they just backed off and didn't pursue it. They so needed a Season 6. I think they would have gone with what we wanted it or something to it. Especially if SGA ran back to back with SGU. If they can go all commando and sex in SGU, I'm sure they would have given us JT eventually.
        I honestly think that if they had given us a season 6 and then did SGU, SGA fans would've been more open to watching SGU. But it was how they ended and started everything. They abruptly ended SGA, a few days later announce the beginning SGU and then try to say that one had nothing to do with the other.
        I'm sure some were expecting a movie right away and thought that would be a great band-aid, but how long do we really need to wait. How long do we need to wait for some more JT lovin'?

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
          I honestly think that if they had given us a season 6 and then did SGU, SGA fans would've been more open to watching SGU. But it was how they ended and started everything. They abruptly ended SGA, a few days later announce the beginning SGU and then try to say that one had nothing to do with the other.
          I'm sure some were expecting a movie right away and thought that would be a great band-aid, but how long do we really need to wait. How long do we need to wait for some more JT lovin'?
          That might have been a good idea. But I went into watching the first 10 episodes of SGU with I hope an open mind. And it was so different, and so not me. In the last month or so, there have been a lot of friends online saying that the second 10 episodes were so much better so I watched Ep 111, and really, just no. I've had two years getting used to no more SGA and still... I might watch online, but I'm not watching Tuesday nights.

And it seems to me that tptb are letting us get our JT love with the books and they don't seem to care about anything else.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

That's the beauty of this. We don't have to wait much longer. We have the GREATEST fanbase writers and fanartist that give us more than what the writers ever could and we have the SGA novels coming out that I promise you will be worth the read.

The John and Teyla loving may not be on-screen, and trust me that hurst me more than most, but it's still in fandom in one form or another.

And to read that Rachel and Joe and even the writers were all playing John and Teyla on-screen only confirms to us that we weren't seeing things, that although we didn't get the ending that we wanted, the story is not over!

Teyla is NOT in love with Kanaan. And when she flinches, John will be there to pick her up and this time he won't let the opportunity slip by him.

Can't you see it, Lea? I know you do.

And I so agree with you in how SGU was presented to us the fans. Even SG-1 stayed in the air two years after SGA started. And I am one that would have never given SGA a chance if it wasn't that I was watching SG-1 and then just hung out and snuggle with Mr. Camy to continue with SGA. Little did I know that it would add a new layer/chapter in my life forever! *hugs thread*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
              And it seems to me that tptb are letting us get our JT love with the books and they don't seem to care about anything else.
              Sad isn't it. I truly believe that there's nothing else out in the TV world that compares to what SGA was and how it was taken over ratings. I'm not saying I would have loved SGU because if it's anything like BSG, I never watched that. I'd get up and leave and wouldn't watch it with Mr. Camy. It just got too weird and complicated for me. It wasn't what it used to be or what the original BSG brought to the screen back in the days, *eventhough I watched it in syndication*. But at least I would have given a try.
              sigpic

Comment

I never watched the new BSG so I can't make the comparison. I just know there were some eps that were painful to watch with my 12 year old daughter. That was about where I'd decided to not watch.
                sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

That might have been a good idea. But I went into watching the first 10 episodes of SGU with I hope an open mind. And it was so different, and so not me. In the last month or so, there have been a lot of friends online saying that the second 10 episodes were so much better so I watched Ep 111, and really, just no. I've had two years getting used to no more SGA and still... I might watch online, but I'm not watching Tuesday nights.

Well they have put everything into SGU and their entire focus has been on SGU for several years now and thats' why SGA was so neglected in the last 2 years. I don't think JM was up to the task of producer and it seemed at times that no one was at the helm and as others have said the writers just seemed to be doing their own thing. I think we had enough confirmation that John and Teyla had feelings for each other, the writers and the actors have confirmed this but would they have ever done them justice. Would we have gotten the "will they won't they" scenario indefinitley..:

This is why I'm not sure even a 6th season would have done JT justice with the present writers... Its nice to know that both Joe and Rachel would have liked JT to be re visited but at least MGM have given the go ahead for the books and are fully behind the JT relationship.. I'm sure they always were.. it was just the writers who couldnt seem to get their act together.... So JT will continue.. they have been officially sanctioned by MGM the same way MGM sanctioned what happened on the show so thats canon enough for me...
                  sigpic

Comment

Joe's going to a Swedish convention..

http://www.scifiworld.se/

Where's Nina...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Joe's going to a Swedish convention..

http://www.scifiworld.se/

Where's Nina...
                      I'm right here

You know I NEVER thought he would actually do a Swedish convention... this country sure isn't big on this stuff...not that any of the other guest are of intrest hahahah...
                      However it's a either over 5 hours by train with switching.. and I hate taking the train in the middle of the night getting back...then there is a bus straight to Stockholm..takes around 7 hours... got to think about it...not gonna do such a trip on my own though..but my friend might be intrested,,,so I'll see what I'll do... but it sure would be loads of fun to meet him again...
                      sigpic
                      Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
                        I'm right here

You know I NEVER thought he would actually do a Swedish convention... this country sure isn't big on this stuff...not that any of the other guest are of intrest hahahah...
                        However it's a either over 5 hours by train with switching.. and I hate taking the train in the middle of the night getting back...then there is a bus straight to Stockholm..takes around 7 hours... got to think about it...not gonna do such a trip on my own though..but my friend might be intrested,,,so I'll see what I'll do... but it sure would be loads of fun to meet him again...
                        I hope you get to go Nina... even if you have to go on your own.. you can read Death Game on the bus... it will be worth it seeing Joe again and you'll probably get loads of time to spend with him...
                        sigpic

Comment

A little update on my fanfic story......
                          Spoiler:

Title: Two Steps, Kill Bill
                          Rating: Mature/PG13 for strong violence, this story uses the supernatural thems and settings, reader decrition is advised
                          Characters: Sheppard, Teyla, Team, two OC,s Weir, Hammond.
                          Summary: Sheppard insults two ancient women, things snowball from there into a deadly game of cat and mouse.
                          Total chapters (planned) 18 when completed
                          Current word total: 3880,903 as of chapter 16 (word total target 400,000)
                          I want to get this done and online before NaNoWriMo begins. Need your eagerness guys!!! there a few referancesto LOTR in this story as well. And PLENTY of John & Teyla to be had by all!!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                            A little update on my fanfic story......
                            Spoiler:

Title: Two Steps, Kill Bill
                            Rating: Mature/PG13 for strong violence, this story uses the supernatural thems and settings, reader decrition is advised
                            Characters: Sheppard, Teyla, Team, two OC,s Weir, Hammond.
                            Summary: Sheppard insults two ancient women, things snowball from there into a deadly game of cat and mouse.
                            Total chapters (planned) 18 when completed
                            Current word total: 3880,903 as of chapter 16 (word total target 400,000)
                            I want to get this done and online before NaNoWriMo begins. Need your eagerness guys!!! there a few referancesto LOTR in this story as well. And PLENTY of John & Teyla to be had by all!!
                            Wow that's some fic..... I tend to prefer shorter fics because my attention span isn't that good... but if its got PLENTY of John/Teyla then I'll give it a go....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                              I hope you get to go Nina... even if you have to go on your own.. you can read Death Game on the bus... it will be worth it seeing Joe again and you'll probably get loads of time to spend with him...
                              Seems like my friend Helen seems to be intrested in going even though she doesn't like the other guests and have just seen a few epis of Atlantis...

Seems like it will be in that case a bus up during friday night getting there saturday morning a few hours before they open and since there is basically just him we would make the 4pm train back home... so it might be able to work...we'll see it's some time before it's time anyway...
                              sigpic
                              Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Totally agree with you there Sci! Here they were at some convention (can't remember which one, but I think it was in San Diego) but they are saying how SGA will continue and they have no intention of abandoning it and what 2 weeks later, they announce the cancellation! I think if they had done as they did with SGA's first season when the had SG1 at the same time, they would not have lost so many loyal fans. I know myself, I was not open to Atlantis immediatly, but would watch with my husband because it followed SG1!!!! Atlantis very quickly replaced SG1 in my heart.

My husband loves SGU. He watches it over and over and over. Ugh!!! I have tried and tried. I really have, and I will continue to try just because of my loyalty to anything Stargate, but I agree with you Everlovin. It is just too different for me. I hate the darkness, I hate the back and forth with the stones, and I hate the contstant fighting and bickering among everyone. I really miss the humor that was so present in SG1 and Atlantis along with the danger and drama.

Originally posted by Jeyla4ever View Post
                                Sad isn't it. I truly believe that there's nothing else out in the TV world that compares to what SGA was and how it was taken over ratings. I'm not saying I would have loved SGU because if it's anything like BSG, I never watched that. I'd get up and leave and wouldn't watch it with Mr. Camy. It just got too weird and complicated for me. It wasn't what it used to be or what the original BSG brought to the screen back in the days, *eventhough I watched it in syndication*. But at least I would have given a try.
                                I would have honestly never continued watching Atlantis if it wasn't for my husband watching it. After seeing that wraith do in Col. Sumner in the opener, I was actually really turned off. But....It did not take long after that for me to get completely, totally hooked!!
                                I never watched the new BSG so I can't make the comparison. I just know there were some eps that were painful to watch with my 12 year old daughter. That was about where I'd decided to not watch.
                                Tried it but totally could not get into it- not in a million years.

OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                Had a Black Widow Spider in my kitchen the other day. They make the Scorpions out here look like caterpillars!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                                Forever!!

Comment

Working...
                                X