No announcement yet.

John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

September birthdays: (If you have/know of one, let me know)

Sept 1: Elflinn
    Sept 8: Hope24
    Sept 9: Me
    Sept 19: AMC
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      Hey chickies! I've been busy...Keira started school this week! This proud mommy will probably be posting pics on Facebook later. I'm working on the fourth episode of the VS, so I haven't been slacking in my JT duties! But, I have another (yes, another) fic idea...so I thought I would ask y'all for a bit of a poll of sorts.

What is the most JTish moment in each of the five seasons? I have my own ideas, but I would love to see what y'all think.
      The most JTish moment has got to be the dream in Search & Rescue.

It is NOT, however, my favourite. But we should alllll know what my favourite is
      don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
        Title: The Enabled
        Summary: John leaves Atlantis on an undercover mission to help rid the galaxy of the Wraith. But will become of him and the power he holds? Will Atlantis be able to survive without their strongest link?
        Characters: Everyone
        Pairing: Teyla/Kanaan, Teyla-John, Other
        Rating: T/PG-15

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5237028/4/The_Enabled
        Spoiler:

oh the ANGST!
        I was forcing back tears during the last few scenes.

Beautifully written. More. Please more!

I've seen the updates for VS6- just too caught up in many thoughts to really get involved in it all.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          The most JTish moment has got to be the dream in Search & Rescue.

It is NOT, however, my favourite. But we should alllll know what my favourite is
          The last scene of EatG, right?
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Am I suddenly on everyones ignore lists??

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
            "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
            "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
              Hey guys, I need a 5 word idea, give as many as you can, it is part of something big, really big, basically give me a 5 word line in list format
              • like this see? like
              • this see? like this
              • see?
              when you respond, bascially every idea given will be used in some way in a majorly insane (pretty much totally senseless) story I'm working on.

This had better not be ignoired, my last challenge was passed over as if I said nothing >.<
              Are they words to do with JT or just random words...

Hey chickies! I've been busy...Keira started school this week! This proud mommy will probably be posting pics on Facebook later. I'm working on the fourth episode of the VS, so I haven't been slacking in my JT duties! But, I have another (yes, another) fic idea...so I thought I would ask y'all for a bit of a poll of sorts.

What is the most JTish moment in each of the five seasons? I have my own ideas, but I would love to see what y'all think.

Season 1 - When John puts the necklace around Teyla's neck..

Season 2 - The kiss in Conversion..

Season 3 - The infirmary scene in the Ark..

Season 4 - When John grabs Teyla when she stumbles in Spoils of War.

Season 5 - The dream sequence in Search and Rescue.... totally confirms that John is in love with Teyla....
              sigpic

Comment

The last scene of EatG, right?
                Yaaayyyy! It wz jst soooooooo shippy!!!!
                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Testing, testing
                  What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Now it works! I've been trying to answer Jess's quest all day! Stupid phone!

Comment

I'm going to come up with activities to do on here for each day, if nobody's bothered about participating then I'll just continue to talk to myself

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                        I'm going to come up with activities to do on here for each day, if nobody's bothered about participating then I'll just continue to talk to myself

Hey hey hey...I tried to get everyone's fav JT for each season...so far only Blue answered And the next month is going to be busy, but I'll participate if I can.

I do have a question about the VS for you...

Spoiler:
                        Episode 2 ends with Atlantis going back to the PG because they see a fleet of Wraith Hive ships, right? Then Episode 3 has those Atlantis getting infected with a mysterious virus en route to PG. Then my episode has McKay finding a hive ship and figuring out that they are going to cull a planet, they evac the planet (or start to) when the hive ship comes. Then you have your earthquake episode

So my question is, when do they actually engage the fleet? Or am I totally missing something?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey hey hey...I tried to get everyone's fav JT for each season...so far only Blue answered And the next month is going to be busy, but I'll participate if I can.

I do have a question about the VS for you...

Spoiler:
                          Episode 2 ends with Atlantis going back to the PG because they see a fleet of Wraith Hive ships, right? Then Episode 3 has those Atlantis getting infected with a mysterious virus en route to PG. Then my episode has McKay finding a hive ship and figuring out that they are going to cull a planet, they evac the planet (or start to) when the hive ship comes. Then you have your earthquake episode

So my question is, when do they actually engage the fleet? Or am I totally missing something?
                          Hey, hey, hey I typed an answer to that question three times and it refused to post, I got tired of typing the same thing in the end

As for the VS6
                          Spoiler:
                          They engage the fleet in ep 4 (your ep ) iirc They have the team on the planet trying to get people off before the hive ship arrives but it gets there early so the daedalus is fighting the hive while the team are fending off darts and wraith on the surface of the planet

And to actually answer your question
                          S1: The necklace
                          S2: Conversion kiss
                          S3: Forehead bump in Return
                          S4: Doppleganger hug (or Laura's fave scene
                          S5: Dream

I'd say the forehead bump is there iconic moment, it's there thing, but its the sum of the whole that builds the ship

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                            Hey, hey, hey I typed an answer to that question three times and it refused to post, I got tired of typing the same thing in the end

As for the VS6
                            Spoiler:
                            They engage the fleet in ep 4 (your ep ) iirc They have the team on the planet trying to get people off before the hive ship arrives but it gets there early so the daedalus is fighting the hive while the team are fending off darts and wraith on the surface of the planet

And to actually answer your question
                            S1: The necklace
                            S2: Conversion kiss
                            S3: Forehead bump in Return
                            S4: Doppleganger hug (or Laura's fave scene
                            S5: Dream

I'd say the forehead bump is there iconic moment, it's there thing, but its the sum of the whole that builds the ship

See how much I pay attention?
                            Spoiler:
                            I thought it was one Hive ship...ROFL. Good thing I hadn't written out the battle yet. LOL

And thanks for your answers... Just add it to the pile of stories that my Muse wants to write, but Time won't let me.
                            sigpic

Comment

See how much I pay attention?
                              Spoiler:
                              I thought it was one Hive ship...ROFL. Good thing I hadn't written out the battle yet. LOL

And thanks for your answers... Just add it to the pile of stories that my Muse wants to write, but Time won't let me.
                              Ah time, such a pain

Comment

The thread does seem particulary quiet lately and I was wondering if anyone is willing to share their reasons.

Admittedly I have been pretty busy lately but I'm on the verge of moving on, mainly because,,
                                1) The show is over and I soon get fed up going over the same old eps.
                                2) The writers butchered John and Teyla's relationship in seasons 4/5
                                3) I always followed JT because it was the ship that the ptb and the actors admitted to... I have no interest in making up stuff or rewriting eps just to suit my ship. We got confirmation over the years from Joe/Rachel/Jason/Martin Gero and Joe Mallozzi... they all confirmed that there was something between JT so we didnt imagine their relationship.

But as I mentioned earlier as much as Joe and Rachel were all for a relationship between their characters they have no control over the direction of the show.. things changed in season 4 due to Rachel's pregnancy.. the ptb panicked and could only see 2 options.... an unknown lover out of nowhere or John... so the fact that they even considered John to be the father just shows us that they acknowledged John/Teyla...

If the writers had been able to come up with something a little more believable than the unknown lover JT could have been as strong as ever today but unfortunatley their imaginations didnt stretch that far and then they got preoccupied with McKeller.. but it doesnt take away the fact that JT was the intended ship... no one ever denied that the way they denied other certain ships.... but at the end of the day it didnt happen and as much as I believe that John was most definitley in love with Teyla from so many instances we had during the years... the cancellation, Rachel's pregnancy, unimaginative writers all changed the direction of their relationship....

So I guess it's difficult to continue celebrating JT as unfortunately they didnt end up together... but on the other hand who knows what could have happened after they arrived back on earth.... did Teyla realise she make a mistake with Kanaan... are Teyla and Kanaan even together or is he just the baby sitter ... I know we are doing the virtual season 6 where we can put things right between them... I'm not going to pretend Kanann didnt happen or rewrite past eps to suit JT but there is nothing stopping us bringing JT back together in the future..

Is this enough to bring interest back into the thread or do you feel that because they didnt come togehter in the show ... or because the show is ended your interest in JT had died with it.. or you are just too busy with real life at the moment...

I'd like to hang around until the virtual season 6 eps are posted.. but we need people to participate... each ep can lead to discussion and new artwork
                                and we can celebrate the future of JT...

Could we have some feedback on how you feel.... do you wish to carry on celebrating JT or find your interest has gone because the show is over...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X