Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Hi JT'ers..

Just got back from the Chicago Con and I'm pretty exhausted and my brain is kinda mushy...

So a very quick re-cap

Spoiler:
    Joe looked drop dead gorgeous..

At the photo shoot the photographer was checking to see if the photo he took of us was ok .. so I was left standing there with my arm around Joe's waist waiting for him to decide .. he finally decided it was ok... I was happy to stand there all night.. just so the photo would be ok of course.. ahem!!

Joe's talk was awesome... he didnt want the chair and spent the entire 45 minutes strutting around the stage.. he said he's hyper active.. nooo !! you would never guess... great talk and some very funny stories.. I'm sure there will be lots of con reports floating around where you can read about it in detail... Knightie from the whump thread is going to send me the full audio...

Rachel phoned Joe while he was on stage... he said he's always forgetting to turn his cell off... even on set... he didnt get to it in time and it rang again a few minutes later but it wasnt Rachel so he said he wouldnt answer it..

SGAfan said Rachel crept up on him backstage and she kissed him on the cheek and he turned around surprised and when he saw it was Rachel.. he picked her up and swung her around... Awww!

Rachel is so incredibly beautiful.. even more so off screen... her talk with Paul was hilarious..

I went to the private sitting with her and a few others and guess what.. Joe phoned her while she was talking to us ... we told her we didnt mind if she spoke to him.. but by the time she got her cell out she missed his call.. she said that she was disappointed as she hadnt had a chance to spend much time with him ... and he was most likely calling her from the airport.

She talked about her family and background and what she thought of Joe/Jason/David and Paul..
    She also spoke about the show and its ending and how disappointed they were..
    But they all seem to be moving on and looking forward to their new projects.. Rachel is now writing herself and has her own company and wants to do her own thing... Joe the same and David has always been doing his own stuff.. so they are all busy...and they would love to work with each other again... they are all close and you can see that they have a wonderful bond.... Rachel said she was always teased by Joe and Jason and it sounds like they had such fun on set.. though I think Rachel got to put them in their place at times..

Rachel gave us all a hug at the end ..she is incredibly warm and friendly and I got a lovely pic with her but I cant post it as it includes 7 other fans and I didnt know most of them..

PS. Michael Shanks asked the audience if they were looking forward to SGU and the repsonse was dismal.. I was quite surprised...he seemed really surprised .. and he also seemed surprised that 95% of the audience were fans of both SGA and SG1..
    Thanks for your update! They all sound like they get along so well together.
    Sounds like you had a great time! Kinda wish they had put Joe and Rachel together though, but Rachel and Paul sound awesome too.
    sigpic
    Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
    Forever!!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post

Sure thing!

I'm in. Let's do it.

School.
      Now I'm down to 90%

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
      *peeks in*

Anyone miss the little faerie who had a very amazing surprise of a family trip yet?

Does anyone want to know what the big surprise was?
      Glad you had a great time.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
      Hi everyone

Thanks I love the gif spam and yeah it would have been awesome to see JT falling. I'm bad at manip but I want to try something lOL

Youhou I so want to green you but i can't I love it it's awesome I missed your one shots they're awesome. Great story. I felt disappointed too even if i waited for a twist but seriously Teyla's sentence about desire and all was so well written. Awesome

Thanks for sharing it's really sad but so great
      Yeah it's time to work again

This is a great idea. I'm in too

I had difficulties to connect too it said error all the time

Great news I've found an appart
      So I thought tokeep on going with the book club didn't you like the last one I posted I try a new one I hope you'll like it

http://www.darkangelsfanfic.com/fanf...yla/rumors.htm

My review
      Spoiler:
      I really love this fic too. As the other this is a short one but all is in it. The first time I felt bad for the end I found it really too angsty but in the end I like it like this. They know it's what matter.
      I often read fanfics for what they are but this one I would have loved to see it in the serie. It wasn'"t too long to bother any one and to make it a fluff ep. It wasn't more than Conversion.

The other one was true in characterqs I could totally picture them in season 1. This one represants totally season 2 or as this is Sateda quote season 3. But IMO mor season 2 because there is again the UST while in season 3 they are as one.

The UST is really well written totally fluffy true but it was what I wanted and that we missed. The series confrontation between JT were painful. This one was true in the logic of the serie and I think we missed them in season 3. They were so alright with each other that it was as if they were a couple and I missed a little the UST.

I find it well written, you read it well and you're in the action immediately. Teyla was perhaps a little out of character because too emotional but it's what i missed sometimes, she had feelings too and tptb forgot it. The last line too IMO is out of character, but this is a private moment he can do what he wants.

As I said I don't often review because except say I love it i'm not a lot of help. But this story as No excuse are story that I really appreciate.
      YW hun. I think zuz made them.

Thanks for the ficrec. If I find time, I'll read it.

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
      And in order to follow Laura idea here a vid of Suspicion in french. I love the difference between voices i find Shep voice hotter. Teyla and Weir have a voice more low (in France a lot of female have low voice in translation, it's always fun to listen to their real voices they're so high).
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXYwXAa3x7E
      Thanks Flo. Do the actors of the shows do it or does someone else do the voice overs???

Some JT fanvids by Sariana. They are very sad. So be warned. Vid 1 and 2
      Last edited by scifan; 25 August 2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
        Now I'm down to 90%
        Excellent! I still have quite a bit of room.
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Hey y'all! We've got another birthday in the house. Nina's birthday is on August 30th!

Her favorite character is John.

Her favorite episodes are Search and Rescue, Spoils of War, Rising, The Return 1, Doppelganger.

She would love siggies...or fics.

Her other interests are Danny/Lindsay from CSI:NY or Criminal Minds.

So let's get out there and celebrate!
          sigpic
          Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Hiya all!

Since my last post:
            - The network card in the computer refused to connect to the internet.
            - 3 days later, my brother FINALLY fixed it.
            - The next day, came online & THE STUPID FORUM STOPPED WORKING RIGHT WHEN I WAS CATCHING UP! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
            - Had a blackout last night due to wild winds. Power went off for an hour, came back on (only some things worked) before it went off again- only coming back on like 2 hrs later (& after we saw flashing lights from 2 sets of trucks).

Originally posted by MrsB108 View Post
            Knock, knock

Spoiler:
            A knock sounded at Sheppard’s door and he turned towards it, slightly confused by the arrival of a visitor at this late hour. He had been awake though, reading the latest Earth-sent comic book about two scantily dressed women and a half-man half-wolf. He put the book down on the bed and swung his feet over the side a little faster than normal. If someone was looking for him at this time of night, chances are something was wrong.

He reached the door in only four steps and was surprised to find Teyla standing there, an apologetic smile flashing across her face.

“Teyla?” he said uncertainly. She certainly didn’t have a ‘there’s a big emergency’ face on.

“I’m sorry for the late intrusion Colonel. May I come in?”

Sheppard ruffled his hair and stepped back, giving a gesture of his hand and saying, “Sure.”

She entered his room timidly, standing just enough inside so that the automatic door would slide shut behind her.

She said nothing.

“Teyla? I don’t mind you coming to see me like this, you know that, but what’s going on? Is everything all right?” He scratched confusedly at the scruff of hair growing on his chin.

“I have a question for you sir…..” she said with a small voice.

John frowned. This was becoming stranger and stranger by the minute.

“Um….okay. Go ahead,” he said reluctantly. He crossed his arms over his chest waiting for her to continue.

“I was just wondering if you found me attractive,” Teyla said her eyes not leaving the floor.

John’s jaw fell slack and both his arms dropped to his sides.

“I’m sorry,” he said slowly examining her downward face. “Could you say that again please?”

She looked up and met his gaze evenly; a newfound confidence in her voice when she spoke next.

“I said, I was wondering if you found me attractive John.”

Sheppard felt his face flush considerably and looked away in surprise staring at anything he could that was not her for a moment; first the ceiling, then the walls, and then the floor.

“Um yeah, that’s what I thought you said…..” he mumbled, feeling completely unsure of what to say next.

While he pondered what to say, Teyla started towards him. At her movement, Sheppard looked up at her and his eyes widened huge as he watched her hands pulling away the leathery vest that was covering her thin cotton shirt as she made her way to him.

He stammered, “What….what….”

“I have become increasingly tired of waiting for you, John. Sometimes I get the feeling that you would enjoy nothing more than to die with this desire inside you, letting it consume you like a ravaging flame.”

The vest dropped to the floor as she was finally nearing him and Sheppard felt himself backing away, floored by these developments.

“I…I….,”. His heart was hammering like a fast-paced drum inside his chest. He couldn’t think. He could barely breathe.

His legs were stopped in their backtracking motion by the edge of the bed and he was forced to stop his retreat. Teyla closed the gap between them and forcefully pushed him onto the bed, his head bouncing once as it hit the mattress.

“Teyla, why are you……”he whispered hoarsely.

He could feel the tension inside him growing as she crawled onto the bed and straddled him, her hands beginning to lift her shirt up over her head.

“This is what you want, isn’t it John? Don’t you think its time to do something about it?”

Sheppard’s mind was reeling. Part of him wanted to say stop and another part of him screamed to keep going.

The battle inside him only waged for a moment before he said in a rough voice, “Hell yes…” as he grabbed her down towards him.

Sheppard woke up, gasping for air sitting upright in bed. The comic book was lying on his chest and his hands were clutching the ruffled sheets.

It took him a long painful moment to realize just how disappointed he truly was that it had only been a dream.
            AWESOME!
            Spoiler:
            *annoyed noise* only a dream.
            You should make a sequel- where it really happens.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            Spoiler:
            Joe looked drop dead gorgeous..

At the photo shoot the photographer was checking to see if the photo he took of us was ok .. so I was left standing there with my arm around Joe's waist waiting for him to decide .. he finally decided it was ok... I was happy to stand there all night.. just so the photo would be ok of course.. ahem!!

Joe's talk was awesome... he didnt want the chair and spent the entire 45 minutes strutting around the stage.. he said he's hyper active.. nooo !! you would never guess... great talk and some very funny stories.. I'm sure there will be lots of con reports floating around where you can read about it in detail... Knightie from the whump thread is going to send me the full audio...

Rachel phoned Joe while he was on stage... he said he's always forgetting to turn his cell off... even on set... he didnt get to it in time and it rang again a few minutes later but it wasnt Rachel so he said he wouldnt answer it..

SGAfan said Rachel crept up on him backstage and she kissed him on the cheek and he turned around surprised and when he saw it was Rachel.. he picked her up and swung her around... Awww!

Rachel is so incredibly beautiful.. even more so off screen... her talk with Paul was hilarious..

I went to the private sitting with her and a few others and guess what.. Joe phoned her while she was talking to us ... we told her we didnt mind if she spoke to him.. but by the time she got her cell out she missed his call.. she said that she was disappointed as she hadnt had a chance to spend much time with him ... and he was most likely calling her from the airport.

She talked about her family and background and what she thought of Joe/Jason/David and Paul..
            She also spoke about the show and its ending and how disappointed they were..
            But they all seem to be moving on and looking forward to their new projects.. Rachel is now writing herself and has her own company and wants to do her own thing... Joe the same and David has always been doing his own stuff.. so they are all busy...and they would love to work with each other again... they are all close and you can see that they have a wonderful bond.... Rachel said she was always teased by Joe and Jason and it sounds like they had such fun on set.. though I think Rachel got to put them in their place at times..

Rachel gave us all a hug at the end ..she is incredibly warm and friendly and I got a lovely pic with her but I cant post it as it includes 7 other fans and I didnt know most of them..

PS. Michael Shanks asked the audience if they were looking forward to SGU and the repsonse was dismal.. I was quite surprised...he seemed really surprised .. and he also seemed surprised that 95% of the audience were fans of both SGA and SG1..
            Joe's awesome- wish I could meet him..... *sigh*

Re: Rachel sneaking up on Joe- Awwwwww! (sooooo cute!)

Glad you had fun.

Originally posted by NinaM View Post
            Guess I didn't have to search to far...

CHICAGO STARGATE SGA/SG-1 CONVENTION LINKS

Wraithfodder has found several of links...to con reports, pics and twitter messages from the convention... so I will pass you along to the link where you can check out all the different links for the convention....

Have fun you guys

http://wraithfodder.livejournal.com/364836.html#cutid1

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....stcount=230556
            T4P. Will take a look.

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

"He just doesn't like going through the Stargate."

"He's worse than Dr. McCoy."

"Who?"

"The TV character Dr. Beckett plays in real life."
              sigpic
              Forever!!

Comment

AIEP!!!!

Nobody wanbts to ask the little pretty faerie (moi) about her recent beautiful trip to the middle of the Caribean Sea?! *cries*

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

AIEP!!!!

Nobody wanbts to ask the little pretty faerie (moi) about her recent beautiful trip to the middle of the Caribean Sea?! *cries*
                  Hey Teyilia!
                  How was the trip to the middle of the Carribean Sea?

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                    Hey Teyilia!
                    How was the trip to the middle of the Carribean Sea?
                    One word....

BEAUTIFUL!!

Also two more words...

Thanks Walt!!

Want details? See my LJ

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Thanks Blue for that little news of Joe. I loved to hear how he reacted to seeing Rachel, but also sad to hear that they didn't get too much time together. That's gotta be hard when you are good friends.

Thank Nina also for the link.

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                      Excellent! I still have quite a bit of room.
                      I've had 2 years of pics and art to sort through, but one day I'll get it down... or start another account.

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      Hey y'all! We've got another birthday in the house. Nina's birthday is on August 30th!

Her favorite character is John.

Her favorite episodes are Search and Rescue, Spoils of War, Rising, The Return 1, Doppelganger.

She would love siggies...or fics.

Her other interests are Danny/Lindsay from CSI:NY or Criminal Minds.

So let's get out there and celebrate!
                      Thanks Jess for giving us the update.

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                      Hiya all!

Since my last post:
                      - The network card in the computer refused to connect to the internet.
                      - 3 days later, my brother FINALLY fixed it.
                      - The next day, came online & THE STUPID FORUM STOPPED WORKING RIGHT WHEN I WAS CATCHING UP! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                      - Had a blackout last night due to wild winds. Power went off for an hour, came back on (only some things worked) before it went off again- only coming back on like 2 hrs later (& after we saw flashing lights from 2 sets of trucks).

AWESOME!
                      Spoiler:
                      *annoyed noise* only a dream.
                      You should make a sequel- where it really happens.

Joe's awesome- wish I could meet him..... *sigh*

Re: Rachel sneaking up on Joe- Awwwwww! (sooooo cute!)

Glad you had fun.

T4P. Will take a look.
                      Oh you poor thing. You just couldn't get a break. **HUGS**

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post

"Who?"

You stumped me again. Which ep is this from.

AIEP!!!!

I thought you went to Fla for vaca????

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        I thought you went to Fla for vaca????
                        I thought the same, it turns out I went on a DISNEY CRUISE VACATION!!!! See the lastest post in my LJ for more info and please leave all comments on there thanks

Comment

Landjrule - I thought we had it tough just with the forum down. I always feel lost with no computer.

Sci - It's from S1 Poisoning the Well.

Love looking at all the con pictures too. Found a lot on the JF thread.

"The weapon the Ancients built to defend this outpost."

"The Who?"

"You do have security clearance to be here?"

"Yeah, Yeah, General O'Neill just gave it to me."

"Then you don't even know about the Stargate."

"The What?"

He was so innocent then! And Sci, I know you know that one!
                          sigpic
                          Forever!!

Comment

I thought the same, it turns out I went on a DISNEY CRUISE VACATION!!!! See the lastest post in my LJ for more info and please leave all comments on there thanks
                            Oh wow! I hope you didn't feel any effects from Hurricane Bill.
                            sigpic
                            Forever!!

Comment

Oh wow! I hope you didn't feel any effects from Hurricane Bill.
                              Nope, Western Caribbean, meaning pretty much the Caribbean Sea itself, got to (almost actually) see the Tank, where POTC two and three ewere filmed for their ships and such. Got to see Davey Jones ship (which was COOL!!) Everythin was neat, no huirricanes troubles us, if a Hurricane comes into range we go south of it, where the wind and rain is weaker/less/nonexsistant

Comment

"Who?"

*rolls around laughing*

Loves it
                                don't worry, soon we won't have to say goodbye.

facebook | Celebrate Scotland |livejournal

Comment

Working...
                                X