• Show
Clear All

Favorite JT

Season 1: Necklace scene - Rising
    Season 2: Tied together in the cave - Runner
    Season 3: Headtouch scene - The Return 1
    Season 4: Hug scene - Spoils of war
    Season 5: Dream sequence - Search & Rescue
    Yet there are far more favorite scenes for me with them during the seasons...so these are just one of... I can't really say one is way better then another.. so I just picked at the top of my head...

Also I think I've already stated my reasons why I don't post as much anymore and all that...
    Basically it's down to time - way to much in real life.. lack of new stuff.. and another show that actually gives me what I want... but I'm still here ,, I post at times.. and I still love SGA and JT...
    sigpic
    Sigs by Scifan

Comment

Yappi, this will be my third attempt at posting this to your question. I think i forgot the question already!!! I had this long post....*sighs* never mind.

Season 1. Rising. The necklace scene in the cave
      Season 2: Conversion: The KISS!!!
      Season 3: The infirmary Scene in the Ark
      Season 4: Baby belly touch in Quarantine
      Season 5: Teyla's I knew you'd come for me John!!! *that has to count as equal to the dream sequence*

This so better work. If it does, Blue I'll reply to your question cause yours is longer!
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah...it worked!!!

Okay, Blue...I see that other things are being posted and I'm too busy to quote your question but it was something in the nature as to would we continue to post or find interest in JT, right?

Okay. Here goes my simple reply.

I love John and Teyla. I wasn't name "thread mommy" for most of the five seasons for nothing and I don't have the amount of postings that I have in any other thread but mostly here and in the Galleria for nothing. I think it's clear that I, at one point, was too obsessed with this pairing that I found myself doing things that I've never ever done before...

First, finding info online about this show/pairing.
        Two, joining forums...scifi forum first...awful experience there and then here in GW.
        Third, chatting online making friends, and the whole shebang!
        Fourth, writing stories, fics and doing fanart.

All of that and more I learned and did only and solely because of my love towards John and Teyla.

I've always confessed that it was Teyla that pulled me into this show and it was through her eyes that I acknowledge, respected and fell in love with John Sheppard. It was all her doing.

So, that will never diminished. The only other couple on TV/movies that ever came close to me as John and Teyla did was Joannie and Chachi from Happy Days.

Don't laugh and don't ask!

And yet, I'm so glad you asked this question cause I know if I look back at my postings I will find some confession such as when the show gets cancelled so will I leave, etc...but my biggest concern was that the show would steer away from John and Teyla or that John and Teyla wouldn't continue in their relationship as I thought they would.

Surprisingly something like that has happened and yet, I'm still here!!! * :O

Well, there is a logical explanation:

First, as you *blue* have added in your statement, I, we, never imagined John and Teyla. It was there till the very end. Even while Teyla has supposedly settled with another man, her heart is still with John. That's not my saying, they've all been saying it! And as much as I hate that, I so hate that, it makes sense to me and everything that I've seen even in Season 5 testify to that. The fact that Teyla has steered away from John, although personally I think it's just the lack of writing and character development for season 5, in my little fantasy world, I'll assume that Teyla is simply keeping her distance from John and he from her because those feelings are so there and because once Teyla got pregnant, that's when both John and Teyla realized what they lost in each other.

So, because there is still a John and Teyla, the ones that I love and the ones that I continue to love, there will always be a part of me that will still want to read fics, converse with friends that love JT and do some fanwork.

Mind you, it's not as it used to be. I find it so hard to be inspired to write and to do my artwork but when it comes, it comes.

The other thing that keeps me here and in this fandom is the fact that I continue to read and hear that Joe and Rachel and the rest of the cast still have such love and passion for these characters and despite the fact that they were clearly shoved and pissed on by TPTB, they still want to have a movie, they still want to continue with these characters and I honestly don't think that any of them will ever love any other character or show as they did these and that to me means the world because that's how I fell for these characters as well. That is real to me, precious to me, meaningful. It means that although the writers didn't deliver for me in the end, the actors did. I didn't waste my time because they devoted their hearts and soul till the very end and that's what I did as well as a fan.

So, I won't be here a lot. There's not much more to add about these two that I haven't shared in one form or another. The best I can do now is continue with the artwork, continue with the friendships, continue with the fanfics and continue to love and support the actors that brought these characters especially John and Teyla to life for me.

The other reason is, I just don't have the time to come as often as I used to.

I was here a lot because I was out of a job for an entire year. Now, it's all work, family and play.

Still, I love what you guys do here. This was my dream and it has surpassed my hopes. I came here at the end of Season 1 and this thread was basically dead. Not only have you along with others contributed to the amount of postings that we have here but it's such a tribute to Joe and Rachel to John and Teyla to finally see that this was the ship that the writers let go of.

And in my mind and in my heart, they are indeed together because although I still haven't seen Enemy at the Gate...*yup* I did love that last scene of John and Teyla standing side by side. As they should always be. And to have Joe and Rachel practically shout out that these two should have been together and have feelings for each other, and to know that this is how they played it onscreen, that is all I need to keep me going. Till when? I have no clue. But I've certainly surprised myself. I thought I'd be long gone by now.

*hugs to all my John and Teyla shippers*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          1. ??
          2. Rachel
          3. Joe
          4. ??

They attended the Chicago convention and are SGA characters..
          Originally posted by gater101 View Post
          Paul
          Rachel
          Joe
          Connor??
          Yep.....
          I thought I had them in thew right order outsdide of Mike? I did not know Mike had gone to the con anyhow... now Dragon*Con is in a few days, i'm really looking forwards to that!!!

Last I heard Tony (Bra'tac) was to attend, but it might have changed

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Laura...I like your list, but I have a few questions: [QUOTE=gater101;10548488]
            My favourites, however...

S1: The fight they have about her dreams *They have a fight?*
            S2: The scene at the END of Conversion *Yes, love that scene....such a turning point for them*
            S3: Sunday *I think that's my second choice*
            S4: Be all my sins remember'd *What scene? Isn't that the Weir episode?*
            S5: When he has a go at her about needing to make a decision/when she says "John I need to speak with you". His little hop/skip melts myheart.Why can't I remember this last scene that you wrote....AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
            sigpic

Comment

50 ways the team find out about Sheppard and Teyla

1. Ronon watches them sparring and is surprised by the way it ends.
              2. (...)
              3. Ronon MAKES them fess up, either by having them admit it to him privately or just flat out asking. 'Cause, you know, Ronon can get away with stuff like that.
              4. Rodney taps into the security feed outside John's quarters (inspired by Ronon, of course)
              5. Rodney hears John talk in his sleep while on an off world mission..
              6. John is interrigated by Todd and forced to confess!! *evil laughter
              7. Ronon notices them playing footsie under the table..
              8. Kanaan comes into the mess hall, throws a glass of water in Sheppard's face and yells at him for claiming his woman. ROFL [COLOR="rgb(72, 61, 139)"]*who wrote this one? FIC PLEASE*[/COLOR]
              9. Torren asks Rodney why John has a sleepover party with Mommy. *grin*
              10. Teyla confesses her feelings to John in Rodney's dream. ROF
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                50 ways the team find out about Sheppard and Teyla

1. Ronon watches them sparring and is surprised by the way it ends.
                2. (...)
                3. Ronon MAKES them fess up, either by having them admit it to him privately or just flat out asking. 'Cause, you know, Ronon can get away with stuff like that.
                4. Rodney taps into the security feed outside John's quarters (inspired by Ronon, of course)
                5. Rodney hears John talk in his sleep while on an off world mission..
                6. John is interrigated by Todd and forced to confess!! *evil laughter
                7. Ronon notices them playing footsie under the table..
                8. Kanaan comes into the mess hall, throws a glass of water in Sheppard's face and yells at him for claiming his woman. ROFL who wrote this one? FIC PLEASE*
                9. Torren asks Rodney why John has a sleepover party with Mommy. *grin*
                10. Teyla confesses her feelings to John in Rodney's dream. ROF
                LOL, I wrote #8...did you really question that?
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

First, as you *blue* have added in your statement, I, we, never imagined John and Teyla. It was there till the very end. Even while Teyla has supposedly settled with another man, her heart is still with John. That's not my saying, they've all been saying it! And as much as I hate that, I so hate that, it makes sense to me and everything that I've seen even in Season 5 testify to that. The fact that Teyla has steered away from John, although personally I think it's just the lack of writing and character development for season 5, in my little fantasy world, I'll assume that Teyla is simply keeping her distance from John and he from her because those feelings are so there and because once Teyla got pregnant, that's when both John and Teyla realized what they lost in each other.
                  The Kanaan storyline was the easy way out for the writers.... it solved their lack of imagination for Teyla.... and it gave them a convenient storyline for her... they really didnt put a whole lot of thought into it as seen by the clumsy attempts to rewrite previous episodes and then not even bothering to acknowledge the feelings between John and Teyla... though I think they made a half hearted attempt in season 4 and definitly in Search and Rescue in season 5 .. but then it was like they forgot about them... but then all the storylines went to pot in season five and all they concentrated on were Keller and McKay..

The other thing that keeps me here and in this fandom is the fact that I continue to read and hear that Joe and Rachel and the rest of the cast still have such love and passion for these characters and despite the fact that they were clearly shoved and pissed on by TPTB, they still want to have a movie, they still want to continue with these characters
                  The friendship and chemistry between Joe and Rachel definitley contributed to their wonderful onscreen presense.... they are both very at ease in one anothers company and it showed on screen.. and its this bond they all share thats makes them want to come back together to make a movie... so even if the writing is as lacklustre as season 5 I know I'd still enjoy seeing them all together again..

And in my mind and in my heart, they are indeed together because although I still haven't seen Enemy at the Gate...*yup* I did love that last scene of John and Teyla standing side by side. As they should always be.
                  I always see them as side by side and even through the whole Kanaan affair John and Teyla were always side by side.. thats why I dont see Teyla staying with Kanaan... she has been drawn to John since the first time she saw him and you cannot ignore attaction like that indefinitley.. I see John and Teyla getting back together in the future and once they do nothing will break them apart...

And to have Joe and Rachel practically shout out that these two should have been together and have feelings for each other, and to know that this is how they played it onscreen, that is all I need to keep me going. Till when? I have no clue. But I've certainly surprised myself. I thought I'd be long gone by now.
                  I love hearing how they were happy with their onscreen relationship but I love seeing their friendship in real life as well... the real bond between Joe/Rachel/Jason and David is something wonderful that came from their time on the show and I really hope we do get the opportunity to see them all get together for a movie and who knows what the ptb might do with John and Teyla... I think they are quite aware now that John and Teyla are a much loved part of the show...
                  sigpic

Comment

There has been a J/T/NICE K fic playing in my head for quite some time. Methinks I should write it (after updating/finishing my other 2).
                    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

The Kanaan storyline was the easy way out for the writers.... it solved their lack of imagination for Teyla.... and it gave them a convenient storyline for her... they really didnt put a whole lot of thought into it as seen by the clumsy attempts to rewrite previous episodes and then not even bothering to acknowledge the feelings between John and Teyla... though I think they made a half hearted attempt in season 4 and definitly in Search and Rescue in season 5 .. but then it was like they forgot about them... but then all the storylines went to pot in season five and all they concentrated on were Keller and McKay..

The friendship and chemistry between Joe and Rachel definitley contributed to their wonderful onscreen presense.... they are both very at ease in one anothers company and it showed on screen.. and its this bond they all share thats makes them want to come back together to make a movie... so even if the writing is as lacklustre as season 5 I know I'd still enjoy seeing them all together again..

I always see them as side by side and even through the whole Kanaan affair John and Teyla were always side by side.. thats why I dont see Teyla staying with Kanaan... she has been drawn to John since the first time she saw him and you cannot ignore attaction like that indefinitley.. I see John and Teyla getting back together in the future and once they do nothing will break them apart...

I love hearing how they were happy with their onscreen relationship but I love seeing their friendship in real life as well... the real bond between Joe/Rachel/Jason and David is something wonderful that came from their time on the show and I really hope we do get the opportunity to see them all get together for a movie and who knows what the ptb might do with John and Teyla... I think they are quite aware now that John and Teyla are a much loved part of the show...
                      Nicely commented Blue. I can't add anything more to what you've stated. I just hope the writers, if they ever get the chance, do see it our way too.

Thanks for asking this question btw. It's a good one to think about.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                        There has been a J/T/NICE K fic playing in my head for quite some time. Methinks I should write it (after updating/finishing my other 2).
                        Speaking of fanfic updating, I need to work on... how many... three... or was that four? Asension War trilogy is half done, so that is really a book and a half, then there's my Terminator/SGA crosover series of books. Then lastly, Mall Wars and some other stories that I've been stuck working on.

At least Ascension War is moving again

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                          LOL, I wrote #8...did you really question that?
                          Gosh, I'm not sure if John would react violently to that, or grin evilishly at Kanaan!!! ROF

In fact, I think the latter makes more sense, he might even challenge that statement! LOL

I would so love a one to one argument scene between Kanaan and John. I don't think I've read one yet, have I?
                          sigpic

Comment

Gosh, I'm not sure if John would react violently to that, or grin evilishly at Kanaan!!! ROF

In fact, I think the latter makes more sense, he might even challenge that statement! LOL

I would so love a one to one argument scene between Kanaan and John. I don't think I've read one yet, have I?
                            If you like I can have Canoe show up in Ascension War trilogy mayhap? Even though in the story Teyla is married to Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by gater101 View Post
                              That is soooo not my favourite scene!
                              I meant that OR your actual favourite one, the BAMSR'd one

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                              8. Kanaan comes into the mess hall, throws a glass of water in Sheppard's face and yells at him for claiming his woman. ROFL
                              9. Torren asks Rodney why John has a sleepover party with Mommy.

What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
                                Speaking of fanfic updating, I need to work on... how many... three... or was that four? Asension War trilogy is half done, so that is really a book and a half, then there's my Terminator/SGA crosover series of books. Then lastly, Mall Wars and some other stories that I've been stuck working on.

At least Ascension War is moving again
                                I haven't updated my Bones/SGA fic in almost a year!!! I blame my creative writing class.
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X