John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Sheppy currently has three soldiers (he'll get a special ops guy at lvl 16) and they are called Major Lorne, Sargent Bates and Lt Ford!
    HA! That rules. City of Villains is another game the geeks who bugged me until I started WoW wanted me to try. But I'd never see the light of day again if I started another one, lol.

And about Sunday...
    Spoiler:
    I'd love to see the "he'll never make the first move" talk inspire Teyla to do something. Personally, I'd like that something to be grabbing Shep by the lapels, throwing him against the wall and planting a wet one on him, but somehow I don't see that happening, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
      And there was me thinking it was something to do with Wayne Rooney, HA.

Hello by the way, welcome.

Yes i'm also hoping for many quality JT moments in the rest of the season, can't believe how few episods there are left, where did they all go eh? Time flies when you're having fun.
      hehe errr no!
      THANKS for the welcome!!! everyone has been great at welcoming me into the sheyla thread family!!
      So can not wait for SUBMERSION!!!!! yeh i cant believe theres only a few left too...only seems like 5 minutes ago since i was getting all excited that the season was coming back on!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Gigajules View Post

And about Sunday...
        Spoiler:
        I'd love to see the "he'll never make the first move" talk inspire Teyla to do something. Personally, I'd like that something to be grabbing Shep by the lapels, throwing him against the wall and planting a wet one on him, but somehow I don't see that happening, lol.
        LOL!!! Oh how I wish it would though!
        Now THAT would be something to rewind-rewatch-rewind-rewatch-... well you get my drift..

~JB
        Last edited by Just_breathing; 19 January 2007, 10:42 AM.
        Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

And about Sunday...
          Spoiler:

You never know - John has grabbed Teyla and planted a wet one so after a few glasses of Athosian ale - Teyla gets fed up waiting on John to make the first move - and plants one on him.
          sigpic

Comment

HA! That rules. City of Villains is another game the geeks who bugged me until I started WoW wanted me to try. But I'd never see the light of day again if I started another one, lol.

And about Sunday...
            Spoiler:
            you know that got me thinking about something...
            Spoiler:
            Shep and Ronon were in the gym when the explosion happened, Teyla was going back to the gym with the excuse that she'd forgotten her rods there right? or did i hear wrong. So, and this is really imagining things, but isn't it possible that the talk about 'liking someone' and who will make the first move, stemmed from Dr.Housten seeing Shep and Teyla as she and Teyla left the gym. So i'd think since we know Ronon and Teyla's relationship is more of bro/sis then it's almost positive to say that the 'he' they're talking about is Shep...not that we didn't know that....

BTW....WELCOME to all the new posters!!!!

R.I.P Wraithlord
            Spoiler:

Awesome sig by SciFan

Comment

Originally posted by WitchBlade007 View Post
              you know that got me thinking about something...
              Spoiler:
              Shep and Ronon were in the gym when the explosion happened, Teyla was going back to the gym with the excuse that she'd forgotten her rods there right? or did i hear wrong. So, and this is really imagining things, but isn't it possible that the talk about 'liking someone' and who will make the first move, stemmed from Dr.Housten seeing Shep and Teyla as she and Teyla left the gym. So i'd think since we know Ronon and Teyla's relationship is more of bro/sis then it's almost positive to say that the 'he' they're talking about is Shep...not that we didn't know that....

Umm...
              Spoiler:
              weren't they in Johns room? Yeah, pretty sure because they were having The Conversation and the bomb interrupted Johns answer to Ronons "Yeah, why not?" Though, if they'd just got there then it's possible...

~JB
              Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

Woooow it’s so awesome having all of you guys join us…so many new friends…it’s just fantastic. A huge welcome you guys.

By the by, I don’t know if any of you are already aware of this…if so I’m sorry for the repeat post…

Anyhoo, it seems that First Strike will also possibly, and this is based on what Rachel’s stated on THE SCIFI WORLD,...

Spoiler:
                be a very Teyla heavy episode one that will have her coming up against a Wraith Queen it seems.

This would be so awesome and would make sense since it was also stated in Stargate Magazine that we would be seeing some more focus on her Wraith DNA in season three…which we did have earlier in the season, but unfortunately it was very little attention.

From the January/February 2007 Official Stargate Magazine:

Affecting her both mentally and physically, Teyla’s Wraith DNA and the mental connection she shares with Atlantis’deadly enemy has been developing steadily since her arrival in season one, yet both Luttrel and Teyla have yet to understand the full extent of its power. “That’s a huge part of who Teyla is, and it is touched upon [in seasong three],”shares Luttrell. “I’m hoping that they’ll continue to do it, because it’s a very unique, very intresting aspect of whos she is and she doesn’t know how much she can use, and to what extent

And From THE SCIFI WORLD:

Gilles Nuytens: Where do you think the show will leave fans at the end of the season?
                Rachel Luttrell: There will certainly be another cliffhanger, you know, there will definitely be another cliffhanger ... I don’t know, I don’t really know... there’s a script floating around, it's not the next one we’re shooting it’s the one after, but that one I’m told it’s a very heavy Teyla episode and I know there's something to do with the wraith queen and that’s one of our final episode. I don’t know what they have in store for us. I can promise you it will be a cliffhanger, and I can promise you there will be a lot of peril involved ... we don't know who is going to survive! [laughter] But I have no idea about that for the moment, so we shall see!

Now I’m left wondering…if Teyla should come face to face with a W.Queen will we again hopefully get to see her make use of her special genetic makeup and, with any luck, in some sort of mental battle of wills with the WQ because as stated above from Star.Mag. she has (or imo should have without doubt ) been progressing/getting much stronger in her unique ability since being in Atlantis.

I think if we should see Teyla come up against such a formidable foe we should get as much out of their meeting as possible … but is it too much to expect to see this from her right now…is it still to early for Teyla to take on such an endeavor? IMO I don’t think so. I would love to see something like this occur.

I'm not looking for Teyla the super hero here either, just further progression in her ability already.

And also from the January/February 2007 Official Stargate Magazine:

Also Another relationship which seems to be progressing, is that of Teyla and John Sheppard. The will they/won’t they couple have shared many an intimate moment since their first meeting. Might Sheppard be a potential love interest for the ever-softening warrior?”

It seems that many of our observations regarding Teyla becoming softer and more engaging especially towards John, and the ever budding intimacy between them appears to be right on point.
                “…Luttrell’s…character,…has often hinted at having strong feelings for the heroic Sheppard.”

Now if there ever was any doubt…there really shouldn’t be anymore...
                Spoiler:
                because the ending scene in the Ark has definitely provided confirmation of how true this statement is.

It's Friday already; only 2 more days until submersion airs, and with how the weeks are just flying by, the other episodes right after.

Oh please tptb do continue on with the yummy JT goodness.

Comment

Originally posted by fates4jt View Post
                  Woooow it’s so awesome having all of you guys join us…so many new friends…it’s just fantastic. A huge welcome you guys.

By the by, I don’t know if any of you are already aware of this…if so I’m sorry for the repeat post…

Anyhoo, it seems that First Strike will also possibly, and this is based on what Rachel’s stated on THE SCIFI WORLD,...

Spoiler:
                  be a very Teyla heavy episode one that will have her coming up against a Wraith Queen it seems.

This would be so awesome and would make sense since it was also stated in Stargate Magazine that we would be seeing some more focus on her Wraith DNA in season three…which we did have earlier in the season, but unfortunately it was very little attention.

From the January/February 2007 Official Stargate Magazine:

Affecting her both mentally and physically, Teyla’s Wraith DNA and the mental connection she shares with Atlantis’deadly enemy has been developing steadily since her arrival in season one, yet both Luttrel and Teyla have yet to understand the full extent of its power. “That’s a huge part of who Teyla is, and it is touched upon [in seasong three],”shares Luttrell. “I’m hoping that they’ll continue to do it, because it’s a very unique, very intresting aspect of whos she is and she doesn’t know how much she can use, and to what extent

And From THE SCIFI WORLD:

Gilles Nuytens: Where do you think the show will leave fans at the end of the season?
                  Rachel Luttrell: There will certainly be another cliffhanger, you know, there will definitely be another cliffhanger ... I don’t know, I don’t really know... there’s a script floating around, it's not the next one we’re shooting it’s the one after, but that one I’m told it’s a very heavy Teyla episode and I know there's something to do with the wraith queen and that’s one of our final episode. I don’t know what they have in store for us. I can promise you it will be a cliffhanger, and I can promise you there will be a lot of peril involved ... we don't know who is going to survive! [laughter] But I have no idea about that for the moment, so we shall see!

Now I’m left wondering…if Teyla should come face to face with a W.Queen will we again hopefully get to see her make use of her special genetic makeup and, with any luck, in some sort of mental battle of wills with the WQ because as stated above from Star.Mag. she has (or imo should have without doubt ) been progressing/getting much stronger in her unique ability since being in Atlantis.

I think if we should see Teyla come up against such a formidable foe we should get as much out of their meeting as possible … but is it too much to expect to see this from her right now…is it still to early for Teyla to take on such an endeavor? IMO I don’t think so. I would love to see something like this occur.

I'm not looking for Teyla the super hero here either, just further progression in her ability already.

And also from the January/February 2007 Official Stargate Magazine:

Also Another relationship which seems to be progressing, is that of Teyla and John Sheppard. The will they/won’t they couple have shared many an intimate moment since their first meeting. Might Sheppard be a potential love interest for the ever-softening warrior?”

It seems that many of our observations regarding Teyla becoming softer and more engaging especially towards John, and the ever budding intimacy between them appears to be right on point.
                  “…Luttrell’s…character,…has often hinted at having strong feelings for the heroic Sheppard.”

Now if there ever was any doubt…there really shouldn’t be anymore...
                  Spoiler:
                  because the ending scene in the Ark has definitely provided confirmation of how true this statement is.

It's Friday already; only 2 more days until submersion airs, and with how the weeks are just flying by, the other episodes right after.

Oh please tptb do continue on with the yummy JT goodness.
                  Oh yay! Thanks so much for sharing this! It's put a nice big smile on my face!
                  An I agree, please TPTB, continue with the lovely JT!

~JB

Comment

You know I think it was Sel who told me that Submersion has a lot of Teyla goodness in it, and it's one we should be watching as Teyla fans, so you have no clue what surprises lay ahead. If we have Submersion and then with this news of First Strike I'm a purring kitten----think Ronon when you rub that special spot!

Yet...
                    Spoiler:
                    I thought First Strike was shown as more of a Asuran versus Earth/Atlantis episode than wraith episode. Has anyone heard anything about Vengeance? I do like the fact that it's actually this season we see Teyla take on a wraith, I though that was in season 4, but heh, who am I to complain right?

As for Giggy...
                    Spoiler:
                    You know what I thought she said, even after watching the ep like 4 times, 'He'll MAKE the first move,' ---damn this hearing of mine and it's wishful thinking. He is unlikely to make a first move, I say she beats him to a pulp as way of saying she likes him if not love him.
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hello everyone...and welcome...

I've been having some difficulty with the computer, not to mention real life...

I saw Sunday...and...

Spoiler:
                      well, I don't want to be the devil's advocate and for those newbies....bare with me..since if you don't know me, AG invented the shippy glasses not for me...but for the rest of you to see what I see...so, this may sound ackward...but....as much as I liked Sunday...and I didn't like Sunday...it has it's very very nice moments for me....The infirmary scene was awesome, the scene where John finds Teyla injured, PRICELESS!

However, the sticky point for me is the wording in that first scene coming out of Teyla's friends mouth....she says or confirms with Teyla by asking her, "you like him?"

Now, am I the only one that finds this strange.....am I to believe that after almost 4 years that Teyla knows John..knows everything about him...that now, Teyla finds herself having a crush on John? she likes him? What exactly does that mean? I mean Thalen gave more emotion by saying "he cares for you more than you know...."

so, that bothered me.....Teyla doesn't like John....Teyla has deep feelings for John....John said he loves them, like a family.....and Teyla now is only liking John?...UH, NO!

So, that bothered me....

and the last thing that bothered me.....So, John was married....could he be more screwed up....I mean, we already know the baggage that he's carrying...but now, he feels like he can't do another marriage...or at the very least the way he said it, he's not good at it....does John now have issues with commitment? jeepers....and what does that mean for Teyla and him....

I still believe like Ms. Houston said to Teyla..he's oblivious to the whole thing....he doesn't think that Teyla likes him at all....romantically or physically at least...that conversation in Conversion I think did it for him and so now he says, I"m not even going to bother, hence his reaction when Ronon told him that he always saw John with Teyla.....

so, John has no clue, he feels that he's not good at any type of long relationship and Teyla is not going to make the first move cause its against her tradition...
                      which to me spells, either Ronon is going to have to intervene and smack them both across the face...

or this is going to go on like this for a very long time...which then to me looks like we are almost starting up again with this relationship as if it was season 1....

WHAT?

Now, your job....especially my old timers here..that know me, is to correct me, enlighten me and clarify this for me....LOL

cause right now, I"m not feeling what you guys are feeling....could be that I've been sleepless and that the stupid computer keeps shutting down on me everytime I"m watching the episode...so, take that for what it's worth....

Now, please, do NOT misinterpret me....I liked the episode and I saw and understood the story and the pieces held together....I just didn't get the vibe and excitement that I get with an episode say like The Ark...for me it was like, forget the past three to almost four years that these two have known each other and lets' start up again from scratch!

Spoiler:
                      in the Ark.....everything was clear and everything was done without hesitation and question...Okay, I know it was two different scenarios, here they were relaxed and the Ark was all about survival....I get it...but still...I guess I just don't see Teyla and John as questioning and playing around with their feelings and asking each other out on cutesy dates....*rolls eyes* I don't see John and Teyla asking each other to give this a try...they know each other already, what's there to question...this isn't your ordinary relationship.....

Devine's series has one scene where John and Teyla are secretly seeing each other and they just started out together unknowngst to the rest...and in one scene John explains to Teyla what courtship is like on Earth especially in his culture..and he mentions dating and figuring out if the couple likes each other....and one thing I love is what John says to Teyla...something in the nature as to "we are beyond that"...now John and Teyla are just seeing each other in the fic and yet, John is able to say that to Teyla...that's how I see these two....when and if they ever get together, I don't expect them to be all cutesy and loveydouby and trying to figure out whether they belong with each other or not...for me, the only thing stopping these two is to acknowledge their feelings for each other and then, the rest is just history...now, with Sunday...I don't get that feeling.....

Oy, I"m leaving...I think I"m making my point worse....LOL

*clears throat* and no throwing tomatoes at Camy for being honest!
                      sigpic

Comment

had to add this..everything that I wrote above has no meaning and no context if I"m to believe that..

Spoiler:
                        Teyla was not being completely honest to her friend, and that John wasn't being completely honest to Ronon.....now, I can see that John was not being completely honest with Ronon because clearly these two have not had the type of relationship that two buddies have.....they are just starting it....and perhaps I missed the whole point that Teyla's friend was the same way...DANG IT! I might have just solved my own concerns....Yeah, I could see that.....John's relationship with Ronon is just starting, so he's not going to confess to Ronon his undying love for Teyla...and Teyla is just starting her friendship with poor Ms. Houston.....and was only slightly revealing her feelings.....but then why say anything at all?

Okay..I"m done! Tata ta!

Just ignore me!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                          Hello everyone...and welcome...

I've been having some difficulty with the computer, not to mention real life...

I saw Sunday...and...

Spoiler:
                          well, I don't want to be the devil's advocate and for those newbies....bare with me..since if you don't know me, AG invented the shippy glasses not for me...but for the rest of you to see what I see...so, this may sound ackward...but....as much as I liked Sunday...and I didn't like Sunday...it has it's very very nice moments for me....The infirmary scene was awesome, the scene where John finds Teyla injured, PRICELESS!

However, the sticky point for me is the wording in that first scene coming out of Teyla's friends mouth....she says or confirms with Teyla by asking her, "you like him?"

Now, am I the only one that finds this strange.....am I to believe that after almost 4 years that Teyla knows John..knows everything about him...that now, Teyla finds herself having a crush on John? she likes him? What exactly does that mean? I mean Thalen gave more emotion by saying "he cares for you more than you know...."

so, that bothered me.....Teyla doesn't like John....Teyla has deep feelings for John....John said he loves them, like a family.....and Teyla now is only liking John?...UH, NO!

So, that bothered me....

and the last thing that bothered me.....So, John was married....could he be more screwed up....I mean, we already know the baggage that he's carrying...but now, he feels like he can't do another marriage...or at the very least the way he said it, he's not good at it....does John now have issues with commitment? jeepers....and what does that mean for Teyla and him....

I still believe like Ms. Houston said to Teyla..he's oblivious to the whole thing....he doesn't think that Teyla likes him at all....romantically or physically at least...that conversation in Conversion I think did it for him and so now he says, I"m not even going to bother, hence his reaction when Ronon told him that he always saw John with Teyla.....

so, John has no clue, he feels that he's not good at any type of long relationship and Teyla is not going to make the first move cause its against her tradition...
                          which to me spells, either Ronon is going to have to intervene and smack them both across the face...

or this is going to go on like this for a very long time...which then to me looks like we are almost starting up again with this relationship as if it was season 1....

WHAT?

Now, your job....especially my old timers here..that know me, is to correct me, enlighten me and clarify this for me....LOL

cause right now, I"m not feeling what you guys are feeling....could be that I've been sleepless and that the stupid computer keeps shutting down on me everytime I"m watching the episode...so, take that for what it's worth....

Now, please, do NOT misinterpret me....I liked the episode and I saw and understood the story and the pieces held together....I just didn't get the vibe and excitement that I get with an episode say like The Ark...for me it was like, forget the past three to almost four years that these two have known each other and lets' start up again from scratch!

Spoiler:
                          in the Ark.....everything was clear and everything was done without hesitation and question...Okay, I know it was two different scenarios, here they were relaxed and the Ark was all about survival....I get it...but still...I guess I just don't see Teyla and John as questioning and playing around with their feelings and asking each other out on cutesy dates....*rolls eyes* I don't see John and Teyla asking each other to give this a try...they know each other already, what's there to question...this isn't your ordinary relationship.....

Devine's series has one scene where John and Teyla are secretly seeing each other and they just started out together unknowngst to the rest...and in one scene John explains to Teyla what courtship is like on Earth especially in his culture..and he mentions dating and figuring out if the couple likes each other....and one thing I love is what John says to Teyla...something in the nature as to "we are beyond that"...now John and Teyla are just seeing each other in the fic and yet, John is able to say that to Teyla...that's how I see these two....when and if they ever get together, I don't expect them to be all cutesy and loveydouby and trying to figure out whether they belong with each other or not...for me, the only thing stopping these two is to acknowledge their feelings for each other and then, the rest is just history...now, with Sunday...I don't get that feeling.....

Oy, I"m leaving...I think I"m making my point worse....LOL

*clears throat* and no throwing tomatoes at Camy for being honest!
                          Hi Camy! I was wondering where you were! Sorry to hear about your computer problems. That was me about two weeks ago! I hope everything gets fixed and back to normal for you!

My thoughts on your thoughts, LOL!

Spoiler:
                          I totally understand what you're feeling. And I do get that feeling sometimes too, that once in a while the writers seem to yank them out of season three and put them back into season one. Probably a bit of inconsistency I suppose. But in this episode, none of that bothered me. For me, I took her friend's comment as teasing. They were not having a serious, "You love him, don't you?" discussion. It was more of a "Oh, you l-i-k-e him, don't you?" (Said with a big teasing grin and sing-songy voice). I imagine Teyla said something like, I care for him deeply or I have deep feelings for John. And then her friend starting asking her if she's done anything about it....which lead to the teasing and to the part of the conversation we were privy to. It wasn't a serious, "I love him" moment between friends, it was simple teasing. It doesn't reflect the level of said feelings.

For John, he was totally denying it to Ronon, classic defensive reaction when put on the spot or suddenly confronted about secret feelings.

Now with that said, I do believe that Teyla is way more ready than John is. They've been building over the years. Season one was about sexual tension and building trust. Season two was learning about each other and season three was about building more strongly the emotional connection. They are moving very slowly yes, but for good reason. We now know John has been hurt and have who knows what kind of baggage in his past. We know that Teyla feels her alienation every day and is just now learning how deeply he really does care about her and that it goes beyond basic trust. They are now family. She is finally opening up more freely herself just now. We also knows she believes in waiting for John to make the first move. She has not been waiting for him to make this first move since season one, she has just recently acknowledged these feelings herself.

So perhaps that is not as far along as you had hoped, but I think it all does make sense with what we've seen so far. I think those feelings of love are there now, but I don't think John has even fully realized it yet and I think Teyla has just begun to. Sunday was a bit of a wake up call to them both.

Steph
                          Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Hey, guys...today is officially Rachel Luttrell's B-day...I'd like to think that you guys like Teyla's character aside from the fact that you "like" *yeah that's gonna stick for a while...* her with John....

so, it would be nice if you pay her a tribute by posting your favorite Teyla caps over in the Rachel/Teyla WOW thread...and wish Rachel a happy B-day...she may never see it, but you never know who's lurking..

Have a great Weekend.....
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Just_breathing View Post
                              LOL!!! Oh how I wish it would though!
                              Now THAT would be something to rewind-rewatch-rewind-rewatch-rewind-rewatch...(etc.)

~JB
                              Hey, JB, would you mind cutting the "rewind-rewatch-rewind-rewatch" part? It's throwing the thread window out - makes it too wide to read and really difficult to scroll down and read the responses.

(Although I understand the sentiment very well. )

Sel.

Comment

SWEETIE, you put a big smile on my face!

THANKS!

Spoiler:
                                okay...so what the hell have they been doing for the past 3 years....DENIAL!*grins*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X