John Sheppard/Teyla Emmagan Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FORUM DUDE View Post
    Sheppards a mans man and Teylas a mans kind of woman well at least for me she is....
    WHAT!

Well like Sheppard I consider myself a guy’s guy and for me, and I’m going back to what I said about Teyla being a mans kind of woman, to be that kind of girl she’d have to be smart, understanding, able to hold her own in a confrontation and beautiful; Teyla fits that bill…she’s the type of girl I wouldn’t hesitate to show off to my friends because first she’s proven she can hang with the guys and second It'd be great watching them fall all over themselves trying to impress her. And what I get from Sheppard is he wouldn’t hesitate in showing a woman like her off to his buddies either. It’s a great boost for the ego.....
    OMG! I can't believe you said that!

Spoiler:

My goodness, I'm the devil. *shakes head at self* That was so funny! Don't mind me Shep Jr.......ur...... Forum Dude. I'm bored and have a sick sense of humor. I agree with what you said whole heartedly. And don’t worry, we won’t get all girly or waive the banner for women’s rights whenever someone posts something that might appear to be more of a male’s perspective….. ……well, most of us won’t. Anyway, Welcome to the Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gatinha View Post
      that's not a ...

Spoiler:
      classic romance plotline....it's a real thing....I've been divorced for almost 4 years and it's just so difficult to get into a commitment again...even sometimes I am not sure I want it to ... just like sheppard
      I understand. It's hard. I've been there too...sort of...though mine was the stuff of PTS.

It can take a long, long time to get over relationships.

Anyone want to speculate on WHY John's not
      Spoiler:
      married
      anymore?

Comment

Hey, Camy, thanks for the peekage! Yeah, it kinda looked pink to me too. And you know, Joe seems to wear his own clothes in a lot of his "civvies" scenes in his shows.

LOL.

Great to see the JT challenge calendar again. So what do you mean by "fortnight" for next week?

Doxy

Comment

I have been gone for while, but i'm back finally. I've been lurking around so that i'm not so behind, but i have time to reply now.
          Since i havent seen Sunday yet, I've read what everyone has put for the spoilers
          Spoiler:
          when i started reading the first spoilers, i was in complete shock to find out that shep had been married before! i wasnt expecting that. the whole scene with ronan sounds so great! obviously john was lying about not being interested in anyone in atlantis b/c we have seen all of the sqee moments between j/t. I was also shocked to find out that ronan just came out and said that he thought john and teyla would get together. but on a serious note, i was so sad when i found out my fav scottish doctor died. I know im probably going to get a lump in my throat when i finally watch it.

sry, im sure you all have heard the same thing since the ep aired, but i just had to give my 2 cents

BTW, does anyone know if the ep is on youtube yet?

mish

Comment

Sunday...

Spoiler:
            I had always felt that Ronan knew that John and Teyla were attracted on one another. In the Return he stepped back when John approached Teyla - also in Echoes when John came over to Teylas bed in the infirmary Ronan once again stood back for John. Ronan next to Teyla is probably the most observant person on the team. I loved the look on Johns face after Ronan asked him about liking Teyla - it was priceless - but only to be interruped by the bomb. John's reaction when he saw Teyla hurt on the guerney was pretty much answered Ronans question. He almost flipped and shouted at Carson if she was going to be ok. The ptb are certaintly upping the ante when it comes to our favourite couple. They have been leading us to this moment all through season three. Teyla and John have such a wonderful connection and bond, and John is just so different in the way he treats Teyla. Its really wonderful watching them interact - its usually the only times we get a glimpse of what is behind those emotional barriers that John so desparately tries to keep in place. He has tried not to let anyone in possibly for fear of being hurt again - who knowns what he has been through in his past - but Teyla is slowing worming her way into his heart and even though John is still in denial about his feelings - those feelings are becoming obvious to those around him.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh jeez! i was away for so long!

Needed to catch up on, what, 17 pages!!!

LC The vid was beautiful m'dear!!

Welcome to all the de-lurkers and newbies it's always great to hear new peoples opinions!

So i'm going to get my thoughts on Sunday up lol:

Spoiler:
              It truely was a beautiful episode! I loved the start! Normally i miss the start of an episode getting comfy lol, but when i heard what teyla was saying i rewound it! It was shocking lol! I liked seeing Teyla and Elizabeth being shown to spend time together! And i loved the team moments. When I saw the scene with John and Ronon in Johns room i actually giggled; i had been in that situation on Monday, except with 15 ppl asking me whether i fancied this guy lol. John's reply was more composed, but the similarities are astoundng! RONON KNOWS!!! *squeee*

I also think it's great that TPTB are showing the fact that they realise that Teyla and Elizabeth are WOMEN! The way John stopped dead in the corridor when Carson didn't say whether Teyla would make it or not showed how much he cared for her. Then the way his military mode took over.

But oh Carson! I wasn't expecting this to be the episode! I liked the fact he died after saving someones life; exactly what he did best, but as soon as he pulled out the radio i knew this was it. It was only a few weeks ago we were taught about the dangers of electromagnetic waves and its dangers. We were also told about it about a month ago in the cadets program my school runs I managed to hold it together through the scene in Carson's room, but as soon as Elizabeth's speech began and the bagpipes started playing i burts into tears! Fortunately, no members of my family were around to ask what was wrong!

The infirmary scene in Sunday was very sweet and showed their trust in each other was lovely. An episode which for me was an emotional rollercoaster!

And, now that i have got that written I'm hopefully going to remember what i though of the ark! To be honest most of it was washed away by Sunday!

Spoiler:
              Okay i though that the start was a thing that defines John and Teyla's relationship a lot; their trust! John was the only one who really listened to Teyla when she told him something was wrong! The way he kept saying for her to stay behind i though was his way of saying; i dont want you to get hurt.

I can't remember much detail; it's all a bit blurry now, but i remember the scene where John came into the room and Teyla was caught in the beam and the look of shock on his face. I also remember just how HOT he looked with the blowtorch and the protective, supercool shades ...oops wrong thread!!!

I think that it showed how much he cares for her that he went on the 'suicide mission' on the off chance that he could save her. It wasn't even though of before Teyla got put into the device, it seemed that Janus was using John and Teyla's bond to ensure the survival of his people! He hadn't known them for very long but still could tell how much they cared for each other as a team!!!!!! The Ark infirmary Scene was gorgeous! The way they convayed their emotions with their eyes!!! There was one moment, just before Teyla blinked I think, that she looked so smitten that i grinned, and kept on grinning!!!!

I hope everyone is well!!!

Oh and Mishy the episode is up on youtube!!!

Daisy
              Magnificent sig by Sheylafan87!!! *hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                I can't speak for anyone else ...

Me, I'd like to see John teach Teyla how to slow dance.
                How about an AU ep where they are like a Mr. and Mrs. Smith thing?

http://www.myspace.com/lord_robbo
                Last edited by Mr_Fantastic; 17 January 2007, 01:52 PM.

Great Sig by Bella

Comment

Hey to all newbies, it’s really great having you guys here showing support and expressing really great refreshing opinions…a huge welcome to you all.

LC…Wooooooow... amazing amazing video; just laced with so much anguished emotions…which by the way I revel in.

Fantastic work.

By the by thanks for recommending Movie Maker I’m currently playing around with it.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                  Sunday...

Spoiler:
                  I had always felt that Ronan knew that John and Teyla were attracted on one another. In the Return he stepped back when John approached Teyla - also in Echoes when John came over to Teylas bed in the infirmary Ronan once again stood back for John. Ronan next to Teyla is probably the most observant person on the team. I loved the look on Johns face after Ronan asked him about liking Teyla - it was priceless - but only to be interruped by the bomb. John's reaction when he saw Teyla hurt on the guerney was pretty much answered Ronans question. He almost flipped and shouted at Carson if she was going to be ok. The ptb are certaintly upping the ante when it comes to our favourite couple. They have been leading us to this moment all through season three. Teyla and John have such a wonderful connection and bond, and John is just so different in the way he treats Teyla. Its really wonderful watching them interact - its usually the only times we get a glimpse of what is behind those emotional barriers that John so desparately tries to keep in place. He has tried not to let anyone in possibly for fear of being hurt again - who knowns what he has been through in his past - but Teyla is slowing worming her way into his heart and even though John is still in denial about his feelings - those feelings are becoming obvious to those around him.

As for Sunday, I saw it and I agree, agree, with you BA a gazillion %.

It sure is interesting that the scene they decided to...

Spoiler:
                  play, immediately before the explosion involving Teyla occurred, just so happened to be one fairly focused on Ronon blatantly telling Sheppard how he always thought John would eventually end up with Teyla.

Seems like an intentional setup to me, because then we have John running to the area affected by the blast to find a gravely injured Teyla.

What better way to have John drop any pretense or artifice hindering him from conveying his feelings for Teyla then to have him see her hurt from the blast…and that’s exactly what we got…a seriously injured Teyla and John unabashedly conveying raw emotion as a result of her being hurt.
                  The scene with him fretting over her was very telling indeed.

So yeah, even though Sheppard didn’t come right out and admit to any intimate feelings he has for Teyla…we were treated to both his angry and angst riddled reaction to her being injured from the blast, which does basically answers Ronon’s question.

Now regarding the infirmary scene, after she states ‘I would like to stand as a testament to him’, the way he stares at her after she said those words…literally I got the impression that he didn’t think she could get anymore amazing; his entranced reaction showed how impressed he was with her, because despite her serious injuries, she insisted on paying Carson his due respect by standing during his memorial; it was just yummy how he couldn’t take his eyes from her…cute too, because if it wasn’t for her cutting his gazing at her short by asking him how he was feeling, I truly believed he would have kept that absorbed look of his on her.
                  Ahhhh…I, also, simply love how Sunday’s infirmary scene sorta paralleled the Ark’s in that John again sought her out in order to make sure she was okay and she being selfless once again ended up focusing her attentions instead on Carson’s passing and John’s feelings regarding his passing. He, of course being typical John, tried to sweep his feelings under the rug, but because she wasn’t having it, he ultimately opened up and genuinely shared how he felt with her.

Together they were delightfully sweet

On the JT front I was not disappointed in any way at all.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

Really nice and I would have to say Hurting Hurt is your best one of the two.

I also wanted to say that I heard some songs on the radio I thought they might fit / (The 1st one I'm sure fits them but the second I'm not sure about)

Count On Me by Whitney Houston - This one I think would make a good music video

For the First Time
                    by Kenny Loggins
                    Thank you so much!! I thought Hurting Heart came out better too, LOL! But so glad you liked it! Thanks for commenting! And thanks for the song recs! I've got over 17 songs on my list currently, but hopefully someone here can take a look at them! Otherwise, maybe in a year or so once I make my way through my list, hehe.

White Tigress, thank you so much for your comments too!!!! I really appreciate it! Good to hear from you again as well!

Fates, thank you!!! I love trying to tell emotional stories. So glad you felt that! Awesome! Thank you!!
                    Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                      Sunday...

Spoiler:

Exactly! Well said, Blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Devine27 View Post

OMG! I can't believe you said that!

Spoiler:

My goodness, I'm the devil. *shakes head at self* That was so funny! Don't mind me Shep Jr.......ur...... Forum Dude. I'm bored and have a sick sense of humor. I agree with what you said whole heartedly. And don’t worry, we won’t get all girly or waive the banner for women’s rights whenever someone posts something that might appear to be more of a male’s perspective….. ……well, most of us won’t. Anyway, Welcome to the Thread.

Hehe. I find it refreshing.

Comment

Well, I just watched Sunday...

Spoiler:
                          First off, yay for all the JT moments- I really liked the whole conversation between John and Ronon. Oh he knows!
                          And John was clearly denying it because that's just what guys (and girls) do! The expression on his face; sort of an embarrassed grin- the look of a man caught out..
                          I also liked the infirmary scene at the end. Their conversation was so sweet and I just love the way he helped her up and to the memorial. One question though; when they left the infirmary Teyla was in the PJ things they get and at the memorial she was in her clothes... I wonder if John gave her a hand changing?

And now....*sobs onto keyboard* You know, as much as I enjoyed the loooovely JT moments, all I can think about is Carson. Man I'm going to miss him! I literally burst into tears when Rodney was saying it was his fault. It was really rather embarrassing- good job it's 4am here and I'm all alone. Seriously though, I was crying so much! And then the bagpipes... oh my life I was in floods I tell ya! Floods!
                          I'm gonna miss Carson so much!!! And he's the only Scott on the show- I'm totally in love with the Scottish accent- it's so SEXY (imo anyway )
                          Aw he's dead. He's really dead... *bursts into tears once again*
                          R.I.P Carson!!!

~JB
                          Someone notices you. Someone somewhere notices you the second you walk into a room. Find them. Because they’re waiting for you. Waiting for you to turn your head, say hello, and make their day the way you’ve made every single one of theirs. Find them.

Comment

Okay, i have fimally managed to put 45 odd minutes of episode too all the amazing words and caps, and i've gotta say...

Spoiler:
                            What a contrast of emotions it was. They were all there.

Just had to grin at Teyla successfully getting out of the golf lesson and Ronon, not quite so.

Ronon: "You know uh...John, i've got mission reports too." HA

And if the SGC are ever short of cash, they should enter Ronon into the US Masters Golf or something, Satedan vs Tiger Woods, no contest.

In the light hearted moments, there were a lot of good one liners.

Now having seen it, i have to agree with all of you who said that the parallel between the conversations that both Teyla and John were having was very telling. But i have to ask and this might sound dumb, did Dr Houston die knowing who Teyla meant or not?

As for John and Ronon, it's prety clear that John's denial was all bluff, a natural defence, although he might be asking himself now, are my feelings toward her really that obvious? How many others know? There was he under the mistaken impression that he'd kept them out of plain view. If not for the explosion, we might've seen John in another plot line become a bit evassive and awkward around Teyla i think.

His reaction to Teyla's condition at the bomb site would've reinforced Ronon's belief about how John feels about her, that is if it had wavered at all which i dbout.

Last but ny no means least, the infirmary scene. It caught the mood and events just how you'd want, John initially tried to brush off how he was feeling about it all but Teyla as no other would, broke though to his true sentiment at the time. Then as others said, they supported each other, shared the emotional burden.

We had some just lovely JT mometns, references, in the ep, it was more than i expected.

There was scope in this ep for it to be a two parter possibly, it left with you regrets, in that here we had a rare but deeper look at characters but only glimpses, and with Carson this cannot be reversed, looked at again, whichis a shame. However Sunday was utterly accurate for him, it was a microcosm of what and who Carson was as a person these past three years.

Oh and we gleemed a small nugget of info about the Athosians, they have a rest day every four nights.
                            Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 17 January 2007, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Guys, references to downloading/youtubing eps is strictly forbidden. Please don't ask for eps here or post links. We don't want to be modded.

Comment

Originally posted by Just_breathing View Post
                                Well, I just watched Sunday...

Spoiler:
                                First off, yay for all the JT moments- I really liked the whole conversation between John and Ronon. Oh he knows!
                                And John was clearly denying it because that's just what guys (and girls) do! The expression on his face; sort of an embarrassed grin- the look of a man caught out..
                                I also liked the infirmary scene at the end. Their conversation was so sweet and I just love the way he helped her up and to the memorial. One question though; when they left the infirmary Teyla was in the PJ things they get and at the memorial she was in her clothes... I wonder if John gave her a hand changing?

And now....*sobs onto keyboard* You know, as much as I enjoyed the loooovely JT moments, all I can think about is Carson. Man I'm going to miss him! I literally burst into tears when Rodney was saying it was his fault. It was really rather embarrassing- good job it's 4am here and I'm all alone. Seriously though, I was crying so much! And then the bagpipes... oh my life I was in floods I tell ya! Floods!
                                I'm gonna miss Carson so much!!! And he's the only Scott on the show- I'm totally in love with the Scottish accent- it's so SEXY (imo anyway )
                                Aw he's dead. He's really dead... *bursts into tears once again*
                                R.I.P Carson!!!

~JB
                                Great comments, JB! I totally agree! And I really hope someone writes a fic around that!

Spoiler:
                                I would love to see an episode tag written with John helping Teyla to her room, discreetly helping her while they continue to talk about their grief, and then a private goodbye as he knows he's going to earth and she cannot this time because of her injury. I love how he glances over to her before stepping forward to be pallbearer and go through the gate. That was such a pained and loaded look, like they had already said their goodbyes, but they said it silently one more time. I wouldn't want to see something humorous or overtly sexual as it wouldn't be fitting to the moment or to their grief, but something tender that continues the mood of the infirmary scene would be so beautiful to read! Although I wouldn't mind a angsty kiss during a shared moment of grief. Teyla wouldn't be capable of anymore than that anyway. I reallyyyyy hope someone writes something like this!

ETA: JB, I LOVE your sig!!!! Either it's new or I am just totally oblivious and didn't truly notice it before. Camy! *pointing to JB's sig* That is what I was imagining in my head, close-up of them but with a great shot of them faded in the background as well.
                                Last edited by LoveConquers; 17 January 2007, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X