Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camy
    Hi there...

For those of you who don't know...I have posted lots of info so far about my experience in the Con meeting Rachel Luttrell...I have a nice little addition for you McKay/Teyla fans..but you are going to have to wait...I promise you it will be worth the wait.... Go check out what I have written so far in the Teyla Thread..and please ask me anything that you think I might be able to respond..More reports will come in the next couple of days..thanks....hope you enjoy it!
    Camy, I just read what Rachel said about David in one of the Teyla threads. How sweet. It would be great to see them in more scenes together.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo
      Camy, I just read what Rachel said about David in one of the Teyla threads. How sweet. It would be great to see them in more scenes together.

She spoke so highly of him..and really they are very close friends..she said that she just trust him and they have gotten so close that I think it is just wonderful...David seems like a great person...I can't wait till I hear from someone who went to a con where David was there....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy
        She spoke so highly of him..and really they are very close friends..she said that she just trust him and they have gotten so close that I think it is just wonderful...David seems like a great person...I can't wait till I hear from someone who went to a con where David was there....
        I can't wait until they are all able to attend the same con together. That would be great! It would be fun to see them interacting as themselves and to see Rachel and Torri gang up on the TPTB about hiring female writers.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Okay, I just had to pipe in here, because Teyla/Rodney is my het OTP. I think that a relationship between these two would bring out sides of their characters we haven't seen before. I just love the possibilities. This is a legit ship that is definitely under-represented. So writers, vidders, if you feel the inspiration, don't hesitate to support our fair ship.

*blows kiss*
          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
          Spoiler:
          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

A pretty big list of recs (compiled by shroomy) for this ship, here.

Comment

Fonud a few stray McKay/Teyla fics on fic_on_demand LJ comm (you can make one fic request a month there). Didn't know if people had already found them but, anyway, links...

The Value of a Man by Rysler (friendship)

A Small Token of Thanks by lady_lefaye (also friendship)

EDIT: There's also Watershed Moment by Rysler (pre-relationship)

Comment

I just love to read fic with these two ship or friendship. It's nice to see they've been given more interaction this season. Still could use more though. Thanks for the great reccs. Purpleyin.

Comment

Here's the most recent one from Tigs:

http://tigs.livejournal.com/508638.html#cutid1

I think she's done four or five others--and they are all just marvelous.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Thanks for the Rodney/Teyla links, I look forward to reading them. Lately, when reading team fic, I've noticed a focus on the R/T dynamic and I don't know if it's just the team fics I've been reading or if their relationship is usually addressed in team fic. Whatever the reason, the more I read about them, the more interested I become in seeing them in more scenes together.

As different as they are, I've noticed that they have impatience in common and this was clear in Epiphany, the Tower, and several other episodes where one or both was impatient to get things moving. Rodney's method of getting things on track is to use snark and Teyla's preferred method is to try to get the offending party/parties to focus by using more diplomatic means. Those styles are so different that I would love to see more on-screen interaction.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      A pretty big list of recs (compiled by shroomy) for this ship, here.
                      Ooh nice list. Thanks Purpleyin, I had been dipping my toe in this shipp for a little while, but finding fics when I don't normally go for Het was a bit of a challenge *and a little unsettling* any way I will check these recs of shroomy's out.

As I said I am vv new to the shipp but I really like Teyla's character and I adore Rodney, so why not?!

Comment

I've been meaning to write a mini-essay on why Rodney and Teyla would be the best couple ever, but i just haven't had time to get arjound to it. It's coming though...eventually.

Here's a bit of a self-pimp with a fic I wrote not too long ago. It's a friendship fic, but could easily be viewed as pre-ship if you wanted to.

"Defined" - http://www.wraithbait.com/viewstory.php?sid=5808

spoilers for "200"
                        Spoiler:
                        Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Comment

I enjoyed your story starfox.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I loved your fic, starfox. While reading it, I was reminded of how Rodney practically bristled in his defense of Teyla's innocence in Suspicion and how upset he was when he found that tracking device. I remember thinking that he and Teyla must have become quite close for him to be so sure of her innocence. I also loved that you tackled his relationship with his sister. I hope you plan to keep writing for this pair.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Alright, bumping this baby back up to page 1.

So, why do you think think Teyla and Rodney would work? I think that because they're coming from such different places, they would be able to relax more with each other. After all, Teyla will never judge Rodney's ability as a scientist and Rodney will never judge her ability as a fighter, so they can just be, without worrying about how things will look.

spoilers for "200"
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by starfox
                                Alright, bumping this baby back up to page 1.

So, why do you think think Teyla and Rodney would work? I think that because they're coming from such different places, they would be able to relax more with each other. After all, Teyla will never judge Rodney's ability as a scientist and Rodney will never judge her ability as a fighter, so they can just be, without worrying about how things will look.
                                Oh, I totally agree. I also think that Rodney totally respects and is impressed by Teyla's fighting ability and that she respects and is impressed by Rodney's intellect. She knows how to deal with his personality quirks (in the episode "Aurora"). And she would help him feel better about himself with women, but not put up with his pulling massive ego trips on her. Rodney might feel intellectually superior, but emotionally he would be so in awe of her that he would generally treat her very well indeed (well, as well as he can with his quirks). I think they would probably start out pretty tentative, but grow into something quite solid and complementary.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X