Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    er... yep!

Just agree with Christine... she likes organs.
    You've got me all figured out, eh?
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Potential shippy moments -- that I've seen in at least a few episodes:

Notice how whenever McKay says something REALLY obnoxious and tactless they pan/cut to Teyla giving him a dirty/'tsk, tsk' look? As if maybe they have private conversations, during which Teyla tries to teach him some tact and tells him to 'behave'?

Only problem with this is I think I have seen Teyla give Shep similarly dirty looks, but not sure if they are the same 'type' of look or given with the same frequency...

Food for thought, in any case!

Comment

Originally posted by fair_nymph
        Potential shippy moments -- that I've seen in at least a few episodes:

Notice how whenever McKay says something REALLY obnoxious and tactless they pan/cut to Teyla giving him a dirty/'tsk, tsk' look? As if maybe they have private conversations, during which Teyla tries to teach him some tact and tells him to 'behave'?

Only problem with this is I think I have seen Teyla give Shep similarly dirty looks, but not sure if they are the same 'type' of look or given with the same frequency...

Food for thought, in any case!
        Yes, exactly. That's what I felt but failed to notice in words! Well spotted. Can I kiss you?

I really see Teyla giving Rodney lessons in tact. Which would also mean why he seems to be less...agravating...when she's around. He's trying

Comment

Yay, I'm glad I'm not crazy! And of course you can kiss me, I'm alll about ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
            The first ever McKeyla fic is now online Written by your truly Not my best work but since there aren't any other of it's kind (at least that I've found) you could say I'm the best author in the ship

an unusual pairing
            awww... that's cute

And that's my two cents...
            My LiveJournal
            ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Well I can't say I see the ship myself. But then again I only see S/J ship when its blantly and patecally obivous (D&C, TLC2 and Heros Pt1)

I remain open and would love it to be so for the sheer comedey value they could pump it for.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

I myself am a lover of Rodney (he's so cute when he's unconcious), however I do like a Mckay/Teyla ship much better then any others. Although the McKay/Shep one was very interesting. Might I offer myself as the fourth member to this ship fan club?

Old extras never die, they reappear in the next season.
                --Major J. Traylor--

Comment

While I don't see any evidence on the show of any McKay/Teyla ship, I kinda like the idea of the highly annoying, yet unexplainably cute nerd get the hot alien babe. We expect her to fall for someone like Sheppard or even Ford, but in real life, guys like MaKay do get the girl.

It would be an interesting play of her calmness against his frantic-ness. This idea is growing on me....
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Major J. Traylor
                    I myself am a lover of Rodney (he's so cute when he's unconcious), however I do like a Mckay/Teyla ship much better then any others. Although the McKay/Shep one was very interesting. Might I offer myself as the fourth member to this ship fan club?
                    Well, of course! Everyone is welcome in McKeyladom!

Anyone see the Gift?
                    Spoiler:
                    When McKay left the office of the shrink and told Teyla they were seeing each other, he seemed ashamed of saying that. Like Teyla wouldn't like him anymore, maybe? And did Teyla look a little disappointed to you? Not that I believe he's dating Kate, she didn't look very interested in him. Maybe he had practiced the lie and it came out from his mouth before he realized it was Teyla he was talking to

Comment

I just thought I'd test the waters, and see if there are any other McKay/Teyla (McKeyla??? ) shippers out there, or if it's just me. I never really considered them much as a couple, until I read The Silent Art of Watching by tafkar, over on Wraithbait. (It's an NC-17 OT3 fic, with Shep, so I don't think I can link directly to it, but I did link to the archive site.) Anyway, when I was reading it, I found that I got sad when the sweet scenes between the two of them had to end, and it turned darker. Ever since then, it's kind of been playing in the back of my mind, and the scene from the premiere
                      Spoiler:
                      where Teyla tells McKay she thinks he's "very brave" and he straightens up and says "Really?" as if that is a huge compliment from her
                      really cemented it in my mind, so now I've been looking for McKay/Teyla fanfic where ever I can find it, but there's not much out there. I did find some good stuff on Wraithbait, under the McKay/Teyla ship category. Anyway, I just wanted to touch base with any other McKay/Teyla shippers out there. What makes you like the ship?

EDIT: I changed the title so that now it's not just about ship, but any interaction between McKay and Teyla. (As far as I know, there's only two of us shippers out there anyway. )
                      Last edited by Porthos1013; 23 July 2005, 01:41 PM.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                      McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                      McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

The only McKayla fanfic I have ever read was a rather excellent fic. Beautifully written. It's based on the "Beneath the Surface" idea from SG-1 and runs with that. Amnesia and new personalities abound.

Here's a link. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...fic/19478.html

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                        I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                        Spoiler:
                        Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                          The only McKayla fanfic I have ever read was a rather excellent fic. Beautifully written. It's based on the "Beneath the Surface" idea from SG-1 and runs with that. Amnesia and new personalities abound.

Here's a link. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.livejournal.com/community...fic/19478.html
                          Oh my goodness! Read it, loved it, cried like a baby. Thanks Whistler!

Comment

Lol, I just posted over in the Sh/Weir thread asking if "McKeyla" existed.
                            Spoiler:
                            Their scenes in Siege III were great. "I thought you were brave" it was pretty adorable I must admit

Good shipping to all those McKeyla [perhaps "TeKay"?--reminds me a little too much of Sulu though lol], or whatever name you guys choose, shippers. I have no idea how their relationship will play out, but I think it will be interesting, whether it be friendly or romantic.

Royal

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
                              Oh my goodness! Read it, loved it, cried like a baby. Thanks Whistler!
                              Glad you liked it. This fanfic was rather endearing, wasn't it? Personally, I don't quite see the McKayla vibes on the show, other than that of friendship, but I do hope you find many followers! I saw their interactions in Siege III
                              Spoiler:
                              to be more geared in friendship. But was it me, or did they almost have banter?!! Teyla and McKay banter! Never in a million years did I see that coming. I suppose McKay brings that out in nearly everyone. Anyway, I liked that they finally had some interaction between these two characters - and it was totally in-character, too. There's was definately a moment of relief when McKay sees that Teyla is alive.

I remember in "Suspicion" that McKay was morally opposed to snooping through her belongings and strongly defended Teyla, but other than that, is it me, or do their characters never talk to each other? I really hope that they flush this relationship out a bit. In SG-1, every character had lots of interaction with every other character. I hope they manage to do that here in Atlantis.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                              I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                              Spoiler:
                              Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

^ LOL! Thanks! Yeah, I doubt anything romantic would ever happen on the show, it's one of those "underdog" ships, but it makes for great fanfic! I have a couple ideas, but considering I'm only a recent convert, I'll have to rewatch the eps from last season to figure out any shippy moments to post. Anyone else notice any they care to share?

Comment

Working...
                                X