No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Teyla Emmagan Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, been a while since I checked out this thread, and find out all the McWeir fans are hanging out here too. lol.

People have to admit that it makes a lot of sense considering she's the woman he spends the most time with of late. And so far we've never seen him or her really get into a fight with one another.
    For a copy of "Have A Little Faith in Me", My Kate Heightmeyer Appreciation Vid Click Here

McWeir Central by PurpleYin (who deserves much appreciation for it) | aka: the reason why the McKay/Weir Thread on GW is Quiet

Comment

Originally posted by dahan
      Wow, been a while since I checked out this thread, and find out all the McWeir fans are hanging out here too. lol.

People have to admit that it makes a lot of sense considering she's the woman he spends the most time with of late. And so far we've never seen him or her really get into a fight with one another.
      And she's one of the few women he actually acts like he respects.
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Hee! So many new victims converts to this ship since the last couple of episodes aired...it's great! This is the most light-hearted and angst-free pairing for me, so it's nice to see other people joining in the fun even if it contradicts your OTP.

I wrote a new fic for the letter_love challenge at LiveJournal that I signed up to last week, if anyone's interested:

W for Water

It's mainly Rodney/Teyla friendship, but you can read more into it if you're that way inclined

Comment

Having finally got my hands on Sateda...

Spoiler:
          is it wrong of me to keep re-watching the "pretty girl" scene over and over again? Rodney has the most adorable smile on his face when he says it!

Comment

Originally posted by purple_cube
            Hee! So many new victims converts to this ship since the last couple of episodes aired...it's great! This is the most light-hearted and angst-free pairing for me, so it's nice to see other people joining in the fun even if it contradicts your OTP.

I wrote a new fic for the letter_love challenge at LiveJournal that I signed up to last week, if anyone's interested:

W for Water

It's mainly Rodney/Teyla friendship, but you can read more into it if you're that way inclined
            Oh that was a very nice story! I grew up on the beach, but I'm currently living in Missouri, so your story made me homesick.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
              Oh that was a very nice story! I grew up on the beach, but I'm currently living in Missouri, so your story made me homesick.
              Aww, sorry for making you homesick! I grew up as far inland as you can get in England, so I've always had a fascination with the sea. Atlantis would be my ideal home

Comment

Aww, sorry for making you homesick! I grew up as far inland as you can get in England, so I've always had a fascination with the sea. Atlantis would be my ideal home
                Homesick in a good way, actually. I get to move home in three months (if everything goes okay). And I can hardly wait! If only I can make it through this dreadfully hot summer!

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

W for Water
                  I really like this story. Rodney and Teyla in the water - splash, splash - so cute!

You know I was thinking about
                  Spoiler:
                  the possible kiss that never happened between Rodney and Teyla at the end of Irresistable (if that was indeed the ep RL was referring too in that Q&A posted about a while back) and how it would have made Rodney's comment about the "pretty lady" from Sateda carry a little more meaning.

EDIT: Just read the new David Hewlett interview and he has some things to say about McKay and Teyla:
                  GW: Obviously you've had more screen time with your cast mates than with others. The writers have said that they want to focus on the team's relationships with one another this season. Tell us which Atlantis character you'd most like to explore Rodney's relationship with.

DH: I'm always interested with -- well, we've done it this year with Ronon. But Teyla. There's no connection with Teyla. There's sort of a healthy respect, because he's seen her with the sticks. I would love to be in a situation where it's Teyla and McKay stuck in a situation, because I'd be very curious to see how they get along or don't get along. Because McKay also has two settings with women: absolute disregard, or complete love. Obsessive, almost.

So I think it would be very interesting to see what he's like with somebody who is neither. Obviously he respects her and yet he also is not all over her all the time.
                  Last edited by pavaneofstars; 11 August 2006, 03:03 PM.

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Since I'm not going to get kicked out of the McWeir shipping club...*shifts nervously* I kinda sorta accidentally-on-purpose made a TRAWA (Teyla/Rodney and Weir angst) story. Lost Love
                    *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
                    *~*
                    sigpic
                    *~*
                    photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

So what no McKay/Teyla moments in The real world or Common ground?

Comment

hmm... I didn't see anything in Common Ground, but aaobuttons noticed this in RW and I made a sig... a crappy sig cuz I'm still learning how to use GIMP... well, ok, it's McKeyla/Beckeyla

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
                          hmm... I didn't see anything in Common Ground, but aaobuttons noticed this in RW and I made a sig... a crappy sig cuz I'm still learning how to use GIMP... well, ok, it's McKeyla/Beckeyla

I like it; it's cute and very fun.

~starfox, who's hoping desperately for a Rodney/Teyla friendship scene in next week's episode.
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by nebulan
                            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...lworld0346.jpg
                            Very nice.

Just finished reading Deep Down Below. McKay/Teyla friendship, a little music, and a ghost story!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

So, McKay and Mrs. Miller...

Spoiler:
                              not much by way of any shippiness seeing as Teyla was hardly in it, but the fact that 'Rod' suggested that his version of Teyla was hard to talk to does suggest that our version of Teyla isn't, and that Rodney and Teyla do in fact talk to each other. I also liked the fact that all three of them (John, Ronon, Teyla) were keen to make him feel better when Rod had left - it shows the level of friendship that they have. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Comment

So, McKay and Mrs. Miller...

Spoiler:
                                not much by way of any shippiness seeing as Teyla was hardly in it, but the fact that 'Rod' suggested that his version of Teyla was hard to talk to does suggest that our version of Teyla isn't, and that Rodney and Teyla do in fact talk to each other. I also liked the fact that all three of them (John, Ronon, Teyla) were keen to make him feel better when Rod had left - it shows the level of friendship that they have. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
                                M&MM:
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't have much else to add to what you said. Not much ship in this one. But I like what you pointed out about the fact that the AU Teyla is hard to talk to suggesting that ours isn't. Hooray for that!

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

Working...
                                X