No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/Teyla Emmagan Discussion/Ship/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my thread searching, I found this abandoned thread! A long time ago I wrote a ficlet called Bad Idea with Rodney/Teyla friendship...and I thought, what the heck? There's a ship for everything else! I know it won't become canon, but what with their interaction in "Siege, Part III" and, as someone else mentioned, "Suspicion"... But anyway, there is a Yahoo! group for the ship (albeit not all that active) called Teyney . Teyney, McKayla... (What other ships have such fun names for 'em? jp, jp)

Anyhow... I'd like to see Teyla and Rodney interact more on the show. Out of the whole team, they're the ones who talk the least. I have persistent M/T bunnies, so there will probably be a Teyney/McKayla fic in the future.

Comment

Yay! LittleKnux, that was great! You should definitely write more Teyney/McKayla interaction in the future, even if it's only friendship. Quite frankly, we get so little of it on the show, I really feel deprived. I also have a little plot bunny for McKay/Teyla, just friendship and possibly UST, involving their polarized world views. Kind of an 'opposites attract' type thing.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
      McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
      Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
      McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

Originally posted by Porthos1013
        Yay! LittleKnux, that was great! You should definitely write more Teyney/McKayla interaction in the future, even if it's only friendship.
        Thank you! And I plan on it.

Quite frankly, we get so little of it on the show, I really feel deprived.
        The same. I loved their little interactions and I wish there were more of them! /pout/ I haven't seen "Runner" yet, so I have my fingers crossed! (Okay, so there probably won't be any.) It seems like the only time we see Teyla is off-world and practicing with John with the Athosian fighting stick things. I'd like to see Rodney attempt to spar with her. Can you imagine? (Of course, until TPTB wish to subject more than four lines between the two, imagination is all we have!)

I also have a little plot bunny for McKay/Teyla, just friendship and possibly UST, involving their polarized world views. Kind of an 'opposites attract' type thing.
        Heehee. I was thinking about that the other day, odd as it seems. A lot of other relationships people see on the show are predictable in their own way. John and Elizabeth - the two leaders (well, Elizabeth is *the* leader, but you know what I mean). They butt heads over leadership issues sometimes, but they're both strong (and the leads of the show. ). Rodney and Elizabeth have more of a supportive relationship. Teyla and John - the alien and the hero, much? - have their 'tension' moments while they spar.

But my point is that none of those are really as opposite as Teyla and Rodney. Teyla comes from a close-knit group of family and friends, whereas Rodney grew up in what seemed to be a feuding family. It seems obvious - at least, to me, which doesn't really account for much - that Rodney didn't have a good past, that many people didn't care for him, which caused him to put up a "shield". There's many more, but I'm far too lazy to type them out.

But anyway... I'd like to see a conversation between Rodney and Teyla where Teyla brings up the fact that he hides his emotions behind sarcasm. Teyla states the truth bluntly, and I wonder what Rodney's reaction to that bluntness would be.

((Hmmm....we need to get s'more people around here! ))

Comment

LOL, I found this thread while I was looking for the original McKay/Teyla ship thread. There was one you know, created by yours truly way back when. It'd be great if they could be merged... that is... if they can find it...I've been looking all over the place for it and still can't locate it...
          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Oh lookie here! I found it!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=20
            May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
              LOL, I found this thread while I was looking for the original McKay/Teyla ship thread. There was one you know, created by yours truly way back when. It'd be great if they could be merged... that is... if they can find it...I've been looking all over the place for it and still can't locate it...

I didn't notice there was another thread! I looked all over for this one . So many unbelievers! Tsk, tsk... Can I come into the fan club?

Comment

Oh, I want to join to! McKeyla shippers, unite!

And I really do think they'd be an interesting ship. McKay is loud and obnoxious, Teyla is calm and soothing, McKay is arrogant but insecure, Teyla is modest but confident, McKay takes great pains to shield himself from others, Teyla is very open and trusting, McKay came from a broken home and hated his father, Teyla had a tight-knit family group and loved her father very much, McKay is an atheist (or at least non-religious), Teyla is deeply spiritual, McKay is a geek, Teyla is a warrior. Wow, with all that dipolarism, where do you think they'd find common ground?
                Last edited by Porthos1013; 02 August 2005, 10:27 AM.

Sheppard: Why does it smell like I'm on vacation?
                McKay: (proudly) Could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter?
                Sheppard: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you.
                McKay: Right, like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?

Comment

I came across a teyla_mckay Lj community today. I don't see the ship no show at all really but I do like fic for it, always like reading new pairings.

Comment

Interesting pairing, and one I'd never thought about before (although, honestly, I don't really see McKay with anybody). Not sure if I'm feeling it, but it's unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                      I came across a teyla_mckay Lj community today. I don't see the ship no show at all really but I do like fic for it, always like reading new pairings.
                      Thanks! I'll have to check it out. I don't particularly see it in the show either, but it's all fun in fanon In fact, a lot of the times Teyla has seemed rather irritated at Rodney, so I wonder if, after knowing him better, how her opinion has changed of him? They had a little interaction in "The Siege, Part III", but not really anything I can recall since then. I wonder, if, in "Conversion",
                      Spoiler:
                      they bonded at all through John's predicament? Doubtful, but you never know.

Originally posted by Greesha
                      Interesting pairing, and one I'd never thought about before (although, honestly, I don't really see McKay with anybody). Not sure if I'm feeling it, but it's unusual.
                      Welcome! My favorite ship happens to be McKay/Weir, so I suppose I do tend to ship McKay with others.

Unfortunately, not much to talk about in the way of new episodes. Between all of the team members, even
                      Spoiler:
                      Ronan and the others
                      , Teyla and Rodney have had the least bit of interaction. Oh well, gives us more room to tinker.

Comment

I'm kind of worried that the writers are going to cop out and be unoriginal. If they put Shep and Weir together, I think it'll morph into the Atlantis version of Jack and Sam, which really doesn't cut it. It's not so much the two of them together that I don't like, more what I think will happen as a result of it that doesn't appeal to me. Plus, I think that'll mean a Ronon/Teyla, and having the two aliens hook up and the two humans get together seems like an easy way to chicken out. The relationships could get bland in this case. Thoughts?

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                          I'm kind of worried that the writers are going to cop out and be unoriginal. If they put Shep and Weir together, I think it'll morph into the Atlantis version of Jack and Sam, which really doesn't cut it. It's not so much the two of them together that I don't like, more what I think will happen as a result of it that doesn't appeal to me. Plus, I think that'll mean a Ronon/Teyla, and having the two aliens hook up and the two humans get together seems like an easy way to chicken out. The relationships could get bland in this case. Thoughts?

Hey SnoggingPicard...
                          You know how I feel about Teyla and who she belongs with...but I must say that I really like in the last few episodes how Rodney is interacting with Teyla. I think that the fact that he has burned his bridges, or at least, hinder the relationship for awhile with Sheppard and Weir, he is turning to Teyla for moral support and friendship.....I would love that because I think these two can really learn to respect and interact with each other in such an interesting and uncommon way...You know the Genius with the Hot Smart Alien Girl....don't see them romantically, though.....she just doesn't seem his type and neither does he look like her type....but certainly they should allow Rodney to interact better with another female...we can see how great he does this with the other females in the show...Why not with Teyla? I just think it would be hilarious....half of the time she wouldn't even underastand what he is saying and she would have to run to John for help...Love it....
                          sigpic

Comment

McKay came from a broken home and hated his father
                            Hmm, does he hate his Father? Does he come from a broken home? This is not fully know is it? Yes in LFP you certainly get that impression but it is still a big leap to Hate and Broken! If only life or fiction was that clear cut.
                            McKay is an atheist (or at least non-religious), Teyla is deeply spiritual
                            Well just because he is an atheist doesn't mean he can't understand someone being spiritual even if in Sanctuary he is mocking their beliefs. I still think he is too intelligent not to want to understand something and if it is important to someone he cares for I can see him like most other people finding a mutual understanding and working from there. I also think that no matter who McKay is with he would have to work at his relationship/s he is that kind of personality if he doesn't work for it, it won't last no matter what.

As time goes on I can see this shipp, I do prefer slash McKay/Sheppard, McKay/Beckett but hey when in Rome.

With the whole

Spoiler:
                            forced kiss from Sheppard in Conversion

I can see Teyla not wanting to have a lot of contact with John and IMO it would be wrong of TPTB to move that relationship further because of that incident. IMO that would send a bad message.

So I see the coast as clear for Rodney to move on in.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                              I'm not much for the Shep/Weir side of things: I simply can't see it in romantic terms. But I don't think that TPTB will have both ships at the same time, as it'd get rather complicated with some people liking ship and others not, etc etc. I do think R & T flirt and have some sort of familiarity about them because they do come from the same galaxy. Anyway, I enjoy McKay/Teyla because it's, well...unconventional. Some of the wackier ships are the funnest - Teyla/Ford, Zelenka/Teyla, etc. And most of them have Teyla in them. Weird.

Originally posted by Drwho'srose
                              Hmm, does he hate his Father? Does he come from a broken home? This is not fully know is it? Yes in LFP you certainly get that impression but it is still a big leap to Hate and Broken! If only life or fiction was that clear cut.
                              Actually, in "Redemption, Part 2" (from SG:1), he does reveal a little about his childhood. He might have in "48 Hours" as well, but I don't recall. Anyway, here's a little tidbit that I remember:
                              Spoiler:
                              RODNEY: I had a not-so comfortable childhood. My parents hated each other, blamed me.

With the whole

Spoiler:
                              forced kiss from Sheppard in Conversion

I can see Teyla not wanting to have a lot of contact with John and IMO it would be wrong of TPTB to move that relationship further because of that incident. IMO that would send a bad message.

So I see the coast as clear for Rodney to move on in.
                              Yep. Even though
                              Spoiler:
                              Shep & Teyla did decide to ignore it and pretend like it didn't happen
                              , you would have to think that it'd put a little bit of awkwardness into their relationship regardless. We'll just have to see where TPTB go with it. Though, in a later S2 episode, it's rumored that
                              Spoiler:
                              Sheppard ends up on a planet whose time passes faster than anywhere else and he gets romantically involved with someone, but when I read the spoiler it really wasn't clear. So who knows?

Comment

Is it too late to join this happy little thread?

I just read my first fanfic last week (a really sweet McKay/Teyla story), and I sure would like to read more.

Whistler84: Thanks for the link to that story--I really enjoyed it.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Working...
                                X