No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So my hubby's coworker gave hubby a bunch of computer games that he doesn't play anymore today...(Sims3 is one of them! squee!) *ahem* anyway...one of them is a game where you can write, cast and shoot your own little simulated movies...and the first thing I thought was..."Oooo I can make a movie for Joe and Torri!" *sigh* I think I need an intervention....
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Evening sparkies! Man, Da Bears suck worse than a hungry Wraith. Anyways, I thought I might get some opinions on a fic I shelved a while ago. It's really not sparky per se, but John is the poor schmuck and Lizzie the devil in this twist on the Faust tale. Please see the spoiler below.

Spoiler:
      Sheppard could feel pain coursing through his body as he tried opening his eyes. When he finally forced his eyes open, he wasn’t quite sure what he saw was real.

A pair of white stiletto heals and toned bronze legs. As his vision moved upward he saw a white nurses’ uniform; cut short just barely covering a round and firm bottom. Form fitting through the body to show off a perfect hourglass figure. The nurse turned to inject his IV with some drug, and John couldn’t help but stare at the deep v-neck showing a generous amount of cleavage.

“Feeling better now John,” the nurse asked?

“Actually... yeah I am,” John answered trying to sit up. The attractive nurse sat down on the bed next to him.

“Elizabeth?” John questioned when he finally managed to look at the nurse’s face.

“Yes John,” Weir answered with mischief in her green eyes.

“Uh, are we having a Halloween party this year?” Sheppard asked as he tried to scoot away from her.

“Not quite. Thing is John, you’re dead,” Elizabeth answered with a playful smirk.

“What? No, who put you up to this? Was it McKay? I’m gonna make that guy eat a basket of grapefruit when I get outta here,” John seethed as he jumped out of his hospital bed.

“Jeez, don’t be silly. Actually... I’m the Devil. And you,” Elizabeth pointed at Sheppard, “have some choices.”

“Yeah, you’re the Devil and I’m a Wraith queen. Jokes over Elizabeth, go change before somebody sees you in that ‘outfit’,” John made the bunny-ear quotes to add to his sarcastic reply.

“I’m being serious John,” Elizabeth answered placing her hands on her hips.

“So, maybe for the sake of argument, I might believe you’re the Devil. Prove it,” John said defiantly.

“Here’s my card,” Elizabeth handed Sheppard a white business card that had “The Devil” written in black calligraphy.

“A business card. Please, it’ll take a lot more than that,” John guffawed while he looked at the card.

“All right, fine. Make a wish,” Elizabeth sighed.

“Make a wish?” Sheppard repeated.

“Yes, silly. Make a wish, and I can make it happen,” answered as she paced around impatiently.

“Alright, fine. I wish I had a beer and pizza. A pepperoni pizza, Chicago style,” John said as he began pacing himself.

“No problem, follow me,” Weir answered with a smile as she walked out of the infirmary.

John caught up to Elizabeth and followed her as the walked through Atlantis. Nobody said anything about Elizabeth’s nurse’s costume let alone look at all the skin. Not one person said “hi” or a single word as the two made their way around the city. Sheppard was starting to think his companion was right. Weir stopped to open a door and John followed her into the room.

“Hey, these are my quarters. What are we doing here?” John questioned, upset his privacy was being violated.

“Getting you a beer,” Elizabeth answered dryly, opening John’s refrigerator and handing him a beer. She waved John on to follow her walking out of the room. Sheppard just shook his head and followed her around more of the city. The pair reached the mess hall and sat down.

“Just wait right here,” Elizabeth said with a wink. A few moments later she returned with a tray and placed it in front of John.

“One pepperoni pizza, Chicago style,” Weir stated as she sat down.

“Give me a break, you call this,” John gestured with his hands, “wish granting? You stole my beer and got pizza from the chow hall. Haha funny, you can stop now,” the annoyed tone in his voice getting more obvious.

“I really am the Devil, John. Perhaps you prefer this look?” and with puff of smoke Elizabeth transformed into a large bat like creature. “Or maybe this,” and with another puff of smoke she turned into a man with red skin, a goatee, and horns. One more puff of smoke and back to Elizabeth, this time wearing a backless red cocktail dress and black peep-toe pumps.

“Ok fine, you’re the Devil!” John yelled standing up from their table.

“Good,” Elizabeth grinned and with a snap of her finger they were sitting in her office.

“Alright John, here’s how the deal works. I give you seven wishes, and you give me your soul,” Weir said as she went to a large filing cabinet in her office. She was wearing a black silk business suit with a grey blouse and red boots.

“Why seven wishes?” Sheppard asked when Elizabeth dropped a large binder in his lap.

“Oh, you know. Seven deadly sins, seven days of the week...” Elizabeth responded.

“Seven dwarves,” John interrupted her dryly.

“You’re a quick one,” Elizabeth laughed as she put her finger on John’s nose.

“Whoa whoa whoa whoa! If you’re the Devil, there must be a God,” John said curiously.

“Why does everybody ask about God?” Elizabeth pondered out loud. She sat down behind her desk and continued. “Yeah, he’s up there, being all knowing and blah blah. Spiteful jerk, kicked me out for a simple question,” she crossed her arms and huffed.

“So what about the whole ascension thing. Where does that fit in?” John asked.

“The human brain can’t really understand the whole thing, but they’re like watchers. Back to business now,” Elizabeth moved briskly to sit on her desk in front of John. “So, the contract says you get seven wishes and I get your soul. Follow along in your contract,” Elizabeth opened the large binder in Sheppard’s lap.

“I, Jonathan Sheppard, the party in the first part, will be hitherto known as the condemned-the condemned?” John looked up puzzled.

“Just semantics. So in accordance with paragraph 3,487 part 2 section C subsection R...” Elizabeth offered John an archaic feather pen but is interrupted again.

“Why should I sign this. I mean, I was happy with how my life went,” Sheppard replied putting down the pen.

“Why, you say? You really were not happy John. You had nice friends and an honorable profession. But there is one thing you missed more than anything else in the world. Nancy,” Elizabeth began just as a large scree popped up with Nancy’s image.

“My ex-wife. Elizabeth, how did you find out about her?” John turned, anger growing in his voice.

“Well, I am the Devil. You still love her. You don’t know why she left. You didn’t hit her, cheat on her, insult her. John, I’m giving you a chance to be with her. Kiss her, hold her in your arms. All you have to do is sign,” Elizabeth whispered into John’s ear, putting the pen into his hands.

“So I get to live and have Nancy back?” John asked. His grip on the pen getting tighter by the second.

“Life, Nancy, whatever you wish. Sign your name and you have seven wishes. The possibilities for you and Nancy would be whatever you desire them to be,” Elizabeth continued tempting John.

Unable to resist, Sheppard signed his name. Elizabeth picked up the binder and filed it away with all the others. John was trying to put all the things he wanted for him and Nancy together in his head. He could not wait for a life without the Wraith or fighting.

“So, let’s pick your first wish,” Weir said with a sly grin and a twinkle in her eye.
      Well...once I got past the stilettos and the little white nurse's uniform...*ahem*
      I like it...I wanna know what all goes wrong, because you know these things never go completely without a hitch!
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        Well...once I got past the stilettos and the little white nurse's uniform...*ahem*
        I like it...I wanna know what all goes wrong, because you know these things never go completely without a hitch!
        C'mon, the man just woke up in the after life with the devil, let him have some eye candy! If you've ever read the book (I did read the cliff notes) or watched either version of "Bedazzled" the devil (Lizzie in this case) seems to find a way to mess it up. Only got to wish five, not sure if I want a Wizard of Oz ending or Devil's Advocate ending.
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Drew: I wanted to answer to your PM but after ten minutes, I don't have an answer. I can't choose. There are many great scenes. For the moment, I will take the coffee scene but I' m not sure.

Question for everybody: What is your favorite sparky scene?

I will give you my answer after that, Drew.lol
          I find this impossible to answer. It's like in a restaurant when you think you know what you want but then everybody else starts to order and what they are getting sounds so good that you change your mind.

But I would have to say that the quintessential Sparky scene that casts this ship in stone is that scene from The Eye when John shoots Kolya. Mainly because it is really hard to interpret it as anything but shippy.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to do this, but....

Spoiler:
          [ATTACH]9233[/ATTACH]
          Wow, is it hot in here? No, it's a cave, it's cold and drafty.

[ATTACH]9234[/ATTACH]
          Hark, fair maiden in distress. Let me prove my infatuation by helping my second in command up instead of you.

[ATTACH]9235[/ATTACH]
          W: bla bla bla wraith bla bla bla atlantis bla bla bla athosians
          S: I'm sorry, did you say something? I got lost in your eyes for a moment
          You can do it until someone complains and we get modded for being mean. So go for it.

Evening sparkies! Man, Da Bears suck worse than a hungry Wraith. Anyways, I thought I might get some opinions on a fic I shelved a while ago. It's really not sparky per se, but John is the poor schmuck and Lizzie the devil in this twist on the Faust tale. Please see the spoiler below.

<snip>
          I love crack fic and that is the crackiest.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Sheppard could feel pain coursing through his body as he tried opening his eyes. When he finally forced his eyes open, he wasn’t quite sure what he saw was real.

A pair of white stiletto heals and toned bronze legs. As his vision moved upward he saw a white nurses’ uniform; cut short just barely covering a round and firm bottom. Form fitting through the body to show off a perfect hourglass figure. The nurse turned to inject his IV with some drug, and John couldn’t help but stare at the deep v-neck showing a generous amount of cleavage.

“Feeling better now John,” the nurse asked?

“Actually... yeah I am,” John answered trying to sit up. The attractive nurse sat down on the bed next to him.

“Elizabeth?” John questioned when he finally managed to look at the nurse’s face.

“Yes John,” Weir answered with mischief in her green eyes.

“Uh, are we having a Halloween party this year?” Sheppard asked as he tried to scoot away from her.

“Not quite. Thing is John, you’re dead,” Elizabeth answered with a playful smirk.

“What? No, who put you up to this? Was it McKay? I’m gonna make that guy eat a basket of grapefruit when I get outta here,” John seethed as he jumped out of his hospital bed.

“Jeez, don’t be silly. Actually... I’m the Devil. And you,” Elizabeth pointed at Sheppard, “have some choices.”

“Yeah, you’re the Devil and I’m a Wraith queen. Jokes over Elizabeth, go change before somebody sees you in that ‘outfit’,” John made the bunny-ear quotes to add to his sarcastic reply.

“I’m being serious John,” Elizabeth answered placing her hands on her hips.

“So, maybe for the sake of argument, I might believe you’re the Devil. Prove it,” John said defiantly.

“Here’s my card,” Elizabeth handed Sheppard a white business card that had “The Devil” written in black calligraphy.

“A business card. Please, it’ll take a lot more than that,” John guffawed while he looked at the card.

“All right, fine. Make a wish,” Elizabeth sighed.

“Make a wish?” Sheppard repeated.

“Yes, silly. Make a wish, and I can make it happen,” answered as she paced around impatiently.

“Alright, fine. I wish I had a beer and pizza. A pepperoni pizza, Chicago style,” John said as he began pacing himself.

“No problem, follow me,” Weir answered with a smile as she walked out of the infirmary.

John caught up to Elizabeth and followed her as the walked through Atlantis. Nobody said anything about Elizabeth’s nurse’s costume let alone look at all the skin. Not one person said “hi” or a single word as the two made their way around the city. Sheppard was starting to think his companion was right. Weir stopped to open a door and John followed her into the room.

“Hey, these are my quarters. What are we doing here?” John questioned, upset his privacy was being violated.

“Getting you a beer,” Elizabeth answered dryly, opening John’s refrigerator and handing him a beer. She waved John on to follow her walking out of the room. Sheppard just shook his head and followed her around more of the city. The pair reached the mess hall and sat down.

“Just wait right here,” Elizabeth said with a wink. A few moments later she returned with a tray and placed it in front of John.

“One pepperoni pizza, Chicago style,” Weir stated as she sat down.

“Give me a break, you call this,” John gestured with his hands, “wish granting? You stole my beer and got pizza from the chow hall. Haha funny, you can stop now,” the annoyed tone in his voice getting more obvious.

“I really am the Devil, John. Perhaps you prefer this look?” and with puff of smoke Elizabeth transformed into a large bat like creature. “Or maybe this,” and with another puff of smoke she turned into a man with red skin, a goatee, and horns. One more puff of smoke and back to Elizabeth, this time wearing a backless red cocktail dress and black peep-toe pumps.

“Ok fine, you’re the Devil!” John yelled standing up from their table.

“Good,” Elizabeth grinned and with a snap of her finger they were sitting in her office.

“Alright John, here’s how the deal works. I give you seven wishes, and you give me your soul,” Weir said as she went to a large filing cabinet in her office. She was wearing a black silk business suit with a grey blouse and red boots.

“Why seven wishes?” Sheppard asked when Elizabeth dropped a large binder in his lap.

“Oh, you know. Seven deadly sins, seven days of the week...” Elizabeth responded.

“Seven dwarves,” John interrupted her dryly.

“You’re a quick one,” Elizabeth laughed as she put her finger on John’s nose.

“Whoa whoa whoa whoa! If you’re the Devil, there must be a God,” John said curiously.

“Why does everybody ask about God?” Elizabeth pondered out loud. She sat down behind her desk and continued. “Yeah, he’s up there, being all knowing and blah blah. Spiteful jerk, kicked me out for a simple question,” she crossed her arms and huffed.

“So what about the whole ascension thing. Where does that fit in?” John asked.

“The human brain can’t really understand the whole thing, but they’re like watchers. Back to business now,” Elizabeth moved briskly to sit on her desk in front of John. “So, the contract says you get seven wishes and I get your soul. Follow along in your contract,” Elizabeth opened the large binder in Sheppard’s lap.

“I, Jonathan Sheppard, the party in the first part, will be hitherto known as the condemned-the condemned?” John looked up puzzled.

“Just semantics. So in accordance with paragraph 3,487 part 2 section C subsection R...” Elizabeth offered John an archaic feather pen but is interrupted again.

“Why should I sign this. I mean, I was happy with how my life went,” Sheppard replied putting down the pen.

“Why, you say? You really were not happy John. You had nice friends and an honorable profession. But there is one thing you missed more than anything else in the world. Nancy,” Elizabeth began just as a large scree popped up with Nancy’s image.

“My ex-wife. Elizabeth, how did you find out about her?” John turned, anger growing in his voice.

“Well, I am the Devil. You still love her. You don’t know why she left. You didn’t hit her, cheat on her, insult her. John, I’m giving you a chance to be with her. Kiss her, hold her in your arms. All you have to do is sign,” Elizabeth whispered into John’s ear, putting the pen into his hands.

“So I get to live and have Nancy back?” John asked. His grip on the pen getting tighter by the second.

“Life, Nancy, whatever you wish. Sign your name and you have seven wishes. The possibilities for you and Nancy would be whatever you desire them to be,” Elizabeth continued tempting John.

Unable to resist, Sheppard signed his name. Elizabeth picked up the binder and filed it away with all the others. John was trying to put all the things he wanted for him and Nancy together in his head. He could not wait for a life without the Wraith or fighting.

“So, let’s pick your first wish,” Weir said with a sly grin and a twinkle in her eye.
            You are an evil man.

And John doesn't want Nancy. He wants Lizzie. In that nurse's uniform. Or maybe the red dress.

Yeah, like John turning the tables on the Devil!

C'mon, the man just woke up in the after life with the devil, let him have some eye candy! If you've ever read the book (I did read the cliff notes) or watched either version of "Bedazzled" the devil (Lizzie in this case) seems to find a way to mess it up. Only got to wish five, not sure if I want a Wizard of Oz ending or Devil's Advocate ending.
            Wizard of Oz. John wakes up in bed. Next to Lizzie. Good times.

ETA: Yes, it is all about the gutter, why do you ask?
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So my hubby's coworker gave hubby a bunch of computer games that he doesn't play anymore today...(Sims3 is one of them! squee!) *ahem* anyway...one of them is a game where you can write, cast and shoot your own little simulated movies...and the first thing I thought was..."Oooo I can make a movie for Joe and Torri!" *sigh* I think I need an intervention....
              I could swear that I've heard about more than one person that has done up their own Atlantis!Sims, and John and Lizzie have wound up together with lots of Sparky!babies.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

pkprd, I wasn't complaining about the outfit...not one little bit...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                I could swear that I've heard about more than one person that has done up their own Atlantis!Sims, and John and Lizzie have wound up together with lots of Sparky!babies.
                When I used to play Sims2, I had a Sam/Jack household...they had four kids (some of them were Jack's alien babies) lol Yeah...I'm obsessed focused!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                  Finished! Finally. And now all I want to do is go to bed... I need more spare time for Sparky fic-writing...

I really think it's nice that Brad Wright started Sparky
                  By all accounts, he was quite the Weir advocate in s1. Not so much towards the end though, it was more like
                  Spoiler:

Hi, I'm Colonel Carter, I'm here to replace Dr Weir. I'm riding in with a breath of fresh air, but most of the scripts I've seen so far has me doing exactly what Dr Weir did, but with less screentime. I'm only going to be here a year though, and when I leave you'll discover how wasted my time here has been, as I prove I'm a much better actor than I was ever allowed to be in this role. Also, on this new show, my costumes actually fit me, and I regain the intelligence I had before I became your leader.

*scratches head*

@gateraid: I'm the sleepy kind of drinker. Two glasses of wine and all I want to do is go to sleep. And hot spiced wine is nothing like wine. It's much worse in potency *g*
                  Every time I drink wine, even a little, I get a wicked hangover. I can drink over 20 of beer or whiskey without ill effects (okay, probably some liver damage)
                  Last edited by gateraid; 12 December 2009, 04:12 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I find this impossible to answer. It's like in a restaurant when you think you know what you want but then everybody else starts to order and what they are getting sounds so good that you change your mind.
                    That's a great analogy. Plus it depends on one's mood at the time

But I would have to say that the quintessential Sparky scene that casts this ship in stone is that scene from The Eye when John shoots Kolya. Mainly because it is really hard to interpret it as anything but shippy.
                    Plus:

S: are you all right?
                    W: No
                    S: You will be
                    takes hand, both of them run up the steps to the control room

I can't picture Colonel O'Neill & General Hammond doing that

You can do it until someone complains and we get modded for being mean. So go for it.
                    Gently does it, me thinks
                    sigpic

Comment

i was just bought The Storm/The eye off of itunes. and i was watching it just right now.

Comment

I know you shouldn't laugh at your own material, but this one cracked me up

Spoiler:

J: You know, cigars & whiskey are great, don't get me wrong, but it's not as good as what Elizabeth & I used to do out here
                        W: Just what did you two get up to out here?

Woolsey is so shocked by the response that he accidentally sets his face on fire
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          [ATTACH]9237[/ATTACH]
                          J: You know, cigars & whiskey are great, don't get me wrong, but it's not as good as what Elizabeth & I used to do out here

[ATTACH]9238[/ATTACH]
                          Woolsey is so shocked by the response that he accidentally sets his face on fire
                          ha ha ha ha GREEN!

Comment

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH]9237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9238[/ATTACH]
                            I wanted to green you but it won't let me!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

When I used to play Sims2, I had a Sam/Jack household...they had four kids (some of them were Jack's alien babies) lol Yeah...I'm obsessed focused!
                              Wicked!

By all accounts, he was quite the Weir advocate in s1. Not so much towards the end though, it was more like
                              Spoiler:

[ATTACH]9236[/ATTACH]
                              Hi, I'm Colonel Carter, I'm here to replace Dr Weir. I'm riding in with a breath of fresh air, but most of the scripts I've seen so far has me doing exactly what Dr Weir did, but with less screentime. I'm only going to be here a year though, and when I leave you'll discover how wasted my time here has been, as I prove I'm a much better actor than I was ever allowed to be in this role. Also, on this new show, my costumes actually fit me, and I regain the intelligence I had before I became your leader.

*scratches head*
                              *snorts* Yeah, pretty much.
                              Spoiler:
                              Sad, isn't it, that he couldn't even stick up for her, then this past year at Comic Con, he's all 'look at the cool strong intelligent women we have on SGU' and they're really... not. I wonder when he's going to start dropping the women on Universe like hot potatoes just like he did with Weir.

Plus:

S: are you all right?
                              W: No
                              S: You will be
                              takes hand, both of them run up the steps to the control room

I can't picture Colonel O'Neill & General Hammond doing that
                              AHAHAHAH!

Spoiler:
                              [ATTACH]9237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]9238[/ATTACH]
                              *dies laughing* Oh, poor Woolsey!

Damnit, I just greened you for something else and now I can't green you for that! *pouts*

Comment

I wanted to green you but it won't let me!!!!
                                It pretty much wrote itself when i saw the screencap
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X