Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Joe kept that description of Sheppard to a tee. Except for the part where they eventually downgraded that mathematical genius and 'smarter than he seems' trait.

Elizabeth's is also true to form, but how is it exactly that by going through the gate to Atlantis they were going 'on a grand mission to save all of humanity'? HUH? I don't recall anyone anywhere stating that Atlantis boasted anything for saving humanity...
    I think on SG-1 it was kinda sorta implied that Atlantis held secrets and technology that Earth could use to defeat the Goa'uld, or that the Goa'uld could use to enslave the galaxy, which was why Anubis and SG-1 were racing each other to find clues about where Atlantis was.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    and trying to keep elizabeth outta trouble.
    You mean Elizabeth keeping John out of trouble. LOL!

By the way, can you post a link for where you found these casting sides? And did they have any for the other characters?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

go to webarchive.org and then type in gateworld.net and then go to like early 2004 and go to spin off-news and u'll find what u need if u need help just pm me.

here's Ford and Ingram (McKay) and sumner: http://web.archive.org/web/200401100...inoffnews.html

and here's John, Elizabeth, and teyla : http://web.archive.org/web/200401100...70855589,89033,
      Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 10 November 2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

let me see if i can find carson's background slides. DR. CARSON BECKETT
        PLAYED BY - Paul McGillion
        The team's medical doctor, Beckett is a Scottish man with a witty sense of humor. Beckett must become an expert in xenobiology when he joins the expedition to the Pegasus galaxy, and he learns early on that he possesses the rare gene that allows him to use the Ancients' technology.

Comment

go to webarchive.org and then type in gateworld.net and then go to like early 2004 and go to spin off-news and u'll find what u need if u need help just pm me.

here's Ford and Ingram (McKay) and sumner: http://web.archive.org/web/200401100...inoffnews.html

and here's John, Elizabeth, and teyla : http://web.archive.org/web/200401100...70855589,89033,
          Thanks. I didn't know for Adam Baldwin. It would be cool to see him in Atlantis.
          A lot of things changed.
          I need to say that but I hide it because I don't want problem here.lol
          Spoiler:
          I find funny the description of the possible relation between "Mikala" and Shep. Moreover, she's 20/25 and he's 35/40. I have nothing against relationships with age differences but we already saw it in SG1. Not original.
          I have a question. Teyla is supposed to be younger than the other in the show?
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

he was probably going to play Sumner.

Comment

Some of those are funny! I'd heard the story of moving McKay into the slot of the main scientist, but it's interesting to wonder how they got there. I'm glad they did, because I like McKay.

How about Adam Baldwin gunning for Sumner?

Teyla's description kinda makes me giggle. Was Athos post-apocalyptic? I guess so...too bad they didn't follow through with what they intended for her. Initially she was spunky but she grew more demure and quiet as the season progressed. I would have loved to have seen her stay active and a little snarky in temperament.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

he was probably going to play Sumner.
                Killed in the first episode .... Perhaps it was a good idea not to have him in the show. I would have been sad since the beginning of the show.
                sigpic

Comment

u gotta wonder how the first season would've gone if sumner was still alive.

Comment

Ooooh, that's wonderful, thank you!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Thanks. I didn't know for Adam Baldwin. It would be cool to see him in Atlantis.
                    A lot of things changed.
                    Spoiler:
                    I find funny the description of the possible relation between "Mikala" and Shep. Moreover, she's 20/25 and he's 35/40. I have nothing against relationships with age differences but we already saw it in SG1. Not original.
                    Heh.
                    Spoiler:
                    I find it ironic that people who think that Weir was older than Sheppard (when the sides clearly show that they were supposed to be in the same age group and the actors certainly seemed to portray them as such) and thus Sheppard/Weir was impossible, have no problem with the intended age difference between Sheppard and Teyla. But maybe it's just me.

Ford was supposed to be in the same age group as Teyla (in fact, he does say in Childhood's End that he's 25, so that stayed in), so there would've been someone there around her age.

Some of those are funny! I'd heard the story of moving McKay into the slot of the main scientist, but it's interesting to wonder how they got there. I'm glad they did, because I like McKay.

How about Adam Baldwin gunning for Sumner?

Teyla's description kinda makes me giggle. Was Athos post-apocalyptic? I guess so...too bad they didn't follow through with what they intended for her. Initially she was spunky but she grew more demure and quiet as the season progressed. I would have loved to have seen her stay active and a little snarky in temperament.
                    I guess the whole "ruined city" thing that we saw very briefly in Rising was supposed to be the post-apocalyptic part of Athos. Too bad we didn't see that developed any further. I would like to have seen some of that spunkiness stay with Teyla as well.

Adam Baldwin as Sumner? That could've been interesting, though I did really like Robert Patrick in the role.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK: Thanks for your answer.
                      Like I said I don't have anything against relationship with age differences. I'm in love with Mark Harmon, Hugh Laurie, Clint Eastwood......lol
                      I agree for Teyla. They had a fantastic actress and great ideas (at the beginning), but they ruined her character with poor writing and lack of development.
                      I also like Robert Patrick but I'm a big fan of Firefly (and Adam Baldwin).
                      sigpic

Comment

well i've been looking for these for quite some time ever since i saw the slides for Universe i wanted to go back and look at atlantis.

Comment

I think PD is funny (seaQuest DSV!! Anyone, anyone?) but one of the most disappointing S2 commentaries for me was Intruder. PD directed it, and you're right, it's all adolescent commentary. With as much Sparky goodness as that episode had, I don't remember them saying anything about John or Elizabeth, together or separate.
                          Is that the one where PD and GJ make fun of Joe's voice? They lost me with that.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                          I'm not a big fan of the commentaries with MG and the actors...he tends to talk over them a lot...I watched the commentary for Grace Under Pressure and I'm really not even sure why AT was there - the boys hardly gave her a chance to say anything at all (until she was half naked on screen of course....)...but that's just me

ITA...
                          although I don't mind Martin Wood too much...in fact I love when he and JF do commentaries together because Joe asks lots of questions and Martin's great about answering them...

I don't mind PD as much when he's NOT commenting with GJ...there's just something about the two of them together that just sets my nerves on edge... And I was disappointed with the commentary for Epiphany...
                          MW was great. And Joe said at a recent con that he studied directing while he was with SGA. I'll bet Martin was a good teacher.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                          yep...I know that...doesn't mean I have to listen to it! (I live in a houseful of testosterone....I know all about what boys are like when you get them together.... )
                          Wait until they are teenagers. LOL My son used to tell his friends that his mom taught 12-13 year olds so she was wise to any and all tricks. Heh.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          A lot of things changed.
                          Spoiler:
                          Heh indeed.
                          Spoiler:
                          It seems they changed Mikala quite a bit.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Ooooh, that's wonderful, thank you!

Heh.
                          Spoiler:
                          I find it ironic that people who think that Weir was older than Sheppard (when the sides clearly show that they were supposed to be in the same age group and the actors certainly seemed to portray them as such) and thus Sheppard/Weir was impossible, have no problem with the intended age difference between Sheppard and Teyla. But maybe it's just me.

Ford was supposed to be in the same age group as Teyla (in fact, he does say in Childhood's End that he's 25, so that stayed in), so there would've been someone there around her age.

I guess the whole "ruined city" thing that we saw very briefly in Rising was supposed to be the post-apocalyptic part of Athos. Too bad we didn't see that developed any further. I would like to have seen some of that spunkiness stay with Teyla as well.

Adam Baldwin as Sumner? That could've been interesting, though I did really like Robert Patrick in the role.
                          Heh again.
                          Spoiler:
                          I find it amusing that the same people who think Weir was too old for Sheppard point to the original description of a certain character to justify their non-existent ship. Can't have it both ways folks. I wonder how much the lack of change in Shep had to do with JF?
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

well when season 4 came around and they were dealing with the loss of elizabeth Joe F decided to play Sheppard like he lost some close to him and i enjoyed his performances. he showed what real people go through with loss. sure we didnt see him cry or anything but he did come close to it.

Comment

for those who have seen SGU doesnt the slide for Sumner remind u of telford? the whole hard nosed and wanting his orders to be followed with out question stuff.

Comment

for those who have seen SGU doesnt the slide for Sumner remind u of telford? the whole hard nosed and wanting his orders to be followed with out question stuff.
                                That's just your typical military officer. They're all like that. When I first got married, I had to tell my Marine husband that I wasn't one of his troopies on several occasions. LOL It's their command personality. In a war it saves lives when troops obey without question.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X