Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I was kidding. Don't be mad at me. lol Sorry....

I applaud you because it's so true. They don't about the episodes. I like the commentaries with Martin Gero when he's with an actor.
    The only commentaries I ever liked are the ones with actors. Too bad we got so few of those in the later years.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      The only commentaries I ever liked are the ones with actors. Too bad we got so few of those in the later years.
      Too bad they didn't translate them in french or didn't put some of them on the dvds. Yes I'm talking about the commentary with Torri and Rachel.

I'm watching a comic french show and there is a "hommage" for Stargate.
      It was the good old times when Stargate was a popular show in France....lol
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        and when he and PD do them together, they immediately slide right back to being adolescent boys and it's just annoying....
        I think PD is funny (seaQuest DSV!! Anyone, anyone?) but one of the most disappointing S2 commentaries for me was Intruder. PD directed it, and you're right, it's all adolescent commentary. With as much Sparky goodness as that episode had, I don't remember them saying anything about John or Elizabeth, together or separate.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I applaud you because it's so true. They don't about the episodes. I like the commentaries with Martin Gero when he's with an actor.
          I'm not a big fan of the commentaries with MG and the actors...he tends to talk over them a lot...I watched the commentary for Grace Under Pressure and I'm really not even sure why AT was there - the boys hardly gave her a chance to say anything at all (until she was half naked on screen of course....)...but that's just me

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          ITA...
          although I don't mind Martin Wood too much...in fact I love when he and JF do commentaries together because Joe asks lots of questions and Martin's great about answering them...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          I think PD is funny (seaQuest DSV!! Anyone, anyone?) but one of the most disappointing S2 commentaries for me was Intruder. PD directed it, and you're right, it's all adolescent commentary. With as much Sparky goodness as that episode had, I don't remember them saying anything about John or Elizabeth, together or separate.
          I don't mind PD as much when he's NOT commenting with GJ...there's just something about the two of them together that just sets my nerves on edge... And I was disappointed with the commentary for Epiphany...
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Keeping the Sparky song game moving along....

1. Better days - Bruce Springsteen
            2. Girl from the North Country - Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash
            3. Bubbly by Colbie Caillat
            4. I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes by Dierks Bentley
            5. Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra
            6. Fly Me To The Moon-Frank Sinatra
            7. Come What May - Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge Soundtrack)
            8. I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
            9. There you'll be - Faith Hill.
            10. Something to Talk About - Bonnie Raitt
            11. Wink and a Smile - Harry Connick Jr
            12. Black Roses Red - Alana Grace
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

1. Better days - Bruce Springsteen
              2. Girl from the North Country - Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash
              3. Bubbly by Colbie Caillat
              4. I Wanna Make You Close Your Eyes by Dierks Bentley
              5. Come Fly With Me - Frank Sinatra
              6. Fly Me To The Moon-Frank Sinatra
              7. Come What May - Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman (Moulin Rouge Soundtrack)
              8. I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
              9. There you'll be - Faith Hill.
              10. Something to Talk About - Bonnie Raitt
              11. Wink and a Smile - Harry Connick Jr
              12. Black Roses Red - Alana Grace

You forgort my addition -

13. Things - Dean Martin and Nancy Sinatra
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

so i found this site where i was able to look up old atlantis archive news and i found the original character breakdowns for sheppard and weir and well here they are

MAJOR JOHN SHEPPARD
                PLAYED BY - Joe Flanigan
                A gifted military pilot, posted at McMurdoch Air Force Base because it's the only place they will let him fly; Sheppard once defied a direct order and flew his helicopter to rescue two Rangers trapped behind enemy lines. Though people might see a good-ol' boy exterior, he is also a closet mathematical genius. He has a wry sense of humor and likes to pretend he's not as smart as he really is.

Most of the time a perfect gentlemen -- who tries his best to be charming -- when he's pushed to fight he can be an absolute animal with single-minded purpose. He distrusts authority and always goes with his gut, letting his strong sense of common sense morality lead his actions. The character is listed as being between 35 and 40 years old.

DR. ELIZABETH WEIR
                PLAYED BY - Torri Higginson
                Attractive, brilliant, and the master of five languages, this 35-year-old started out as a critic of government spending on the military. But she ultimately decided the best way to fight the establishment was to join it and change what she could from within by brokering peace and being a voice of reason to whoever would listen. She worked behind the scenes for the U.S. government as a high level international negotiator for years before being offered command of the Stargate Program by the new President. Now, she has been given the opportunity to lead an international team through the gate to a new galaxy on a grand mission to save all of humanity and she is not one to turn that challenge down.

Comment

Sorry Anuna!
                  sigpic

Comment

and when he and PD do them together, they immediately slide right back to being adolescent boys and it's just annoying....
                    I'm not a big fan of the commentaries with MG and the actors...he tends to talk over them a lot...I watched the commentary for Grace Under Pressure and I'm really not even sure why AT was there - the boys hardly gave her a chance to say anything at all (until she was half naked on screen of course....)...but that's just me

Snippy snip
                    C'mon gals, y'all oughta know by now any time us menfolk gather in groups adolescent behavior is a 100000% certainty.
                    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                      C'mon gals, y'all oughta know by now any time us menfolk gather in groups adolescent behavior is a 100000% certainty.
                      yep...I know that...doesn't mean I have to listen to it! (I live in a houseful of testosterone....I know all about what boys are like when you get them together.... )
                      sigpic

Comment

Squee...the last, like, minute and a half of the commentary for Coup D'etat made listening to the whole thing SO worth it! "So do you think they hook up off screen when this scene ends!?" UM....DUH!

*mumbles* sorry....getting carried away again...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          so i found this site where i was able to look up old atlantis archive news and i found the original character breakdowns for sheppard and weir and well here they are

MAJOR JOHN SHEPPARD
                          PLAYED BY - Joe Flanigan
                          A gifted military pilot, posted at McMurdoch Air Force Base because it's the only place they will let him fly; Sheppard once defied a direct order and flew his helicopter to rescue two Rangers trapped behind enemy lines. Though people might see a good-ol' boy exterior, he is also a closet mathematical genius. He has a wry sense of humor and likes to pretend he's not as smart as he really is.

Most of the time a perfect gentlemen -- who tries his best to be charming -- when he's pushed to fight he can be an absolute animal with single-minded purpose. He distrusts authority and always goes with his gut, letting his strong sense of common sense morality lead his actions. The character is listed as being between 35 and 40 years old.

DR. ELIZABETH WEIR
                          PLAYED BY - Torri Higginson
                          Attractive, brilliant, and the master of five languages, this 35-year-old started out as a critic of government spending on the military. But she ultimately decided the best way to fight the establishment was to join it and change what she could from within by brokering peace and being a voice of reason to whoever would listen. She worked behind the scenes for the U.S. government as a high level international negotiator for years before being offered command of the Stargate Program by the new President. Now, she has been given the opportunity to lead an international team through the gate to a new galaxy on a grand mission to save all of humanity and she is not one to turn that challenge down.
                          Joe kept that description of Sheppard to a tee. Except for the part where they eventually downgraded that mathematical genius and 'smarter than he seems' trait.

Elizabeth's is also true to form, but how is it exactly that by going through the gate to Atlantis they were going 'on a grand mission to save all of humanity'? HUH? I don't recall anyone anywhere stating that Atlantis boasted anything for saving humanity...
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Joe kept that description of Sheppard to a tee. Except for the part where they eventually downgraded that mathematical genius and 'smarter than he seems' trait.

Elizabeth's is also true to form, but how is it exactly that by going through the gate to Atlantis they were going 'on a grand mission to save all of humanity'? HUH? I don't recall anyone anywhere stating that Atlantis boasted anything for saving humanity...
                            Agreed on the first two counts. I guess saving humanity means fighting life sucking aliens in a whole other galaxy?
                            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                              Agreed on the first two counts. I guess saving humanity means fighting life sucking aliens in a whole other galaxy?
                              and trying to keep elizabeth outta trouble.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*huggles*

Squee...the last, like, minute and a half of the commentary for Coup D'etat made listening to the whole thing SO worth it! "So do you think they hook up off screen when this scene ends!?" UM....DUH!

*mumbles* sorry....getting carried away again...
                                *cackles* Oh, no, don't be sorry for getting carried away! LOL!
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X