Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I'm watching "Desperate Housewives" with mom (it's strange because she doesn't like TV shows except NCIS and SGA) and she would love to see John and Elizabeh instead of Lynette and Tom. Don't ask me why she thinks this. She just said that she find them very funny and she can imagine John and Elizabeth in this show.
    Now question: If you can choose a movie or a TV show and put Elizabeth and John in it instead, which one? (not very clear)
    I know someone already said "Bones". Joe takes "Moonlighting" lol
    And you?

    By the way, mom gives you kisses and she hopes you're still her fans.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Evil Clown of Apocalypse View Post
      saw your comment while lurking,and made this

      Oh, so pretty and so sad!

      Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      Hi Pocus! *huggles* Oh...I love Harry Connick, Jr!

      icon I made from one of JoeRocks' pics from the con....
      Spoiler:
      Hee. Cute.
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

      Comment


        Originally posted by Probie View Post
        I'm watching "Desperate Housewives" with mom (it's strange because she doesn't like TV shows except NCIS and SGA) and she would love to see John and Elizabeh instead of Lynette and Tom. Don't ask me why she thinks this. She just said that she find them very funny and she can imagine John and Elizabeth in this show.
        Now question: If you can choose a movie or a TV show and put Elizabeth and John in it instead, which one? (not very clear)
        I know someone already said "Bones". Joe takes "Moonlighting" lol
        And you?

        By the way, mom gives you kisses and she hopes you're still her fans.lol
        We send kisses right back to your mom. We are all definitely still fans.

        TV shows with Sparky. Castle without a doubt. The cuteness will kill you.
        sigpic

        Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I'm watching "Desperate Housewives" with mom (it's strange because she doesn't like TV shows except NCIS and SGA) and she would love to see John and Elizabeh instead of Lynette and Tom. Don't ask me why she thinks this. She just said that she find them very funny and she can imagine John and Elizabeth in this show.
          Now question: If you can choose a movie or a TV show and put Elizabeth and John in it instead, which one? (not very clear)
          I know someone already said "Bones". Joe takes "Moonlighting" lol
          And you?

          By the way, mom gives you kisses and she hopes you're still her fans.lol
          I'm totally her fan!

          Hmmm...I'd say Mulder/Scully of the X-Files had the best UST relationship of all time and Sparky mirrors that in a way, because it was mental forever. John's a little more happy-go-lucky than Mulder but Elizabeth totally carries off Scully's seriousness.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            New thread that might be interesting: Who Should Be Together
            At least until it gets modded. But hey, maybe it'll stay sane this time.

            Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I'm watching "Desperate Housewives" with mom (it's strange because she doesn't like TV shows except NCIS and SGA) and she would love to see John and Elizabeh instead of Lynette and Tom. Don't ask me why she thinks this. She just said that she find them very funny and she can imagine John and Elizabeth in this show.
            Now question: If you can choose a movie or a TV show and put Elizabeth and John in it instead, which one? (not very clear)
            I know someone already said "Bones". Joe takes "Moonlighting" lol
            And you?

            By the way, mom gives you kisses and she hopes you're still her fans.lol
            Big Trouble in Little China. Jack Burton and Gracie Law. Yeah, you know you want it.

            ETA: And yes, Probie, we still love your mom!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              We send kisses right back to your mom. We are all definitely still fans.

              TV shows with Sparky. Castle without a doubt. The cuteness will kill you.
              Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I'm totally her fan!

              Hmmm...I'd say Mulder/Scully of the X-Files had the best UST relationship of all time and Sparky mirrors that in a way, because it was mental forever. John's a little more happy-go-lucky than Mulder but Elizabeth totally carries off Scully's seriousness.
              She will be happy to learn that you're still like her.

              Oh X-Files. Great choice! I never make the link between Sparky and them but now I will.

              For Castle, I don't know this show. You're the second person who talks me about it. I have to watch it.

              We have Mulder/Scully, Richard/Kahlan, Booth/Bones, Lynette/Tom (for my mom), Jack Burton and Gracie Law and the people of Castle (sorry I don't have their names)
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Probie View Post
                She will be happy to learn that you're still like her.

                Oh X-Files. Great choice! I never make the link between Sparky and them but now I will.

                For Castle, I don't know this show. You're the second person who talks me about it. I have to watch it.

                We have Mulder/Scully, Richard/Kahlan, Booth/Bones, Lynette/Tom (for my mom), Jack Burton and Gracie Law and the people of Castle (sorry I don't have their names)
                Castle's awesome. The couple's names are Castle/Beckett
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Funny you should mention that. I seem to recall hearing that later on they'd regretted killing off Sumner so quickly, as they'd really liked Robert Patrick's performance. Then this past summer, Brad Wright made an offhand remark (that subsequently sent the fandom into an uproar) about how they were going to "do it right this time" with SGU, basically implying that SGU was a do-over. *sighs*
                  Do Over My Butt. Universe is a weird Doppelganger of Atlantis and i thought i would like it but after re watching some of the episodes i'm starting to change my mind. in atlantis Season One They Didn't get back into contact with earth until the end of the season with Universe its like every other episode they are in contact with earth. Atlantis Did it right the first time. but according to Joe F he didn't exactly like the idea of them getting back in contact with earth so quickly. or something like that.
                  Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 10 November 2009, 01:16 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Do Over My Butt. Universe is a weird Doppelganger of Atlantis and i thought i would like it but after re watching some of the episodes/ cause in Season One They Didn't get back into contact with earth until the end of the season with Universe its like every other episode they are in contact with earth. Atlantis Did it right the first time. but according to Joe F he didn't exactly like the idea of them getting back in contact with earth so quickly. or something like that.
                    *cackles*

                    Yes, Atlantis really shouldn't have gotten back in contact with Earth so quickly. I would've let them stay cut off until at least the end of Season 2, or better yet, the middle or end of Season 3. It should've been given enough time for the situation in Atlantis to get really, really desperate... they're running out of food and other supplies, they keep losing people to accidents from messing with Ancient tech in the city or off-world to the Wraith (and since they only had about 150-200 people in the city in Season 1, those losses would start hurting them a lot sooner), and the Wraith are slowly closing in. Freak out time. Episodes like "Michael" would've made a lot more sense under those kinds of conditions.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Well while I do certianly agree they could have conceivably held out the plot for being out of contact with Earth for longer than they did, I was really happy that they did establish regular contact with Earth. I didn't want it to end up a rehash of Star Trek: Voyager in the sense that "Oh look, they are about to get home. Gee, I wonder how this plan will turn out. Oh they failed. What a shock. What are the odds. " Because they would constantly have to fail to keep the tension going.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

                      *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

                      "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

                      "Elizabeth..."

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        *cackles*

                        Yes, Atlantis really shouldn't have gotten back in contact with Earth so quickly. I would've let them stay cut off until at least the end of Season 2, or better yet, the middle or end of Season 3. It should've been given enough time for the situation in Atlantis to get really, really desperate... they're running out of food and other supplies, they keep losing people to accidents from messing with Ancient tech in the city or off-world to the Wraith (and since they only had about 150-200 people in the city in Season 1, those losses would start hurting them a lot sooner), and the Wraith are slowly closing in. Freak out time. Episodes like "Michael" would've made a lot more sense under those kinds of conditions.
                        oh yeah. i would've loved seeing that and if they kept the season 3 cliff hanger like the way it was then it would've definitely would've hurt when they lost Elizabeth.

                        Comment


                          Thanks Erin I'm working on a sig now...
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            We send kisses right back to your mom. We are all definitely still fans.

                            TV shows with Sparky. Castle without a doubt. The cuteness will kill you.
                            Oh, I love Castle! The Halloween episode was made of awesome.
                            Spoiler:
                            Castle dressed up like Mal from Firefly! *squees*


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            *cackles*

                            Yes, Atlantis really shouldn't have gotten back in contact with Earth so quickly. I would've let them stay cut off until at least the end of Season 2, or better yet, the middle or end of Season 3. It should've been given enough time for the situation in Atlantis to get really, really desperate... they're running out of food and other supplies, they keep losing people to accidents from messing with Ancient tech in the city or off-world to the Wraith (and since they only had about 150-200 people in the city in Season 1, those losses would start hurting them a lot sooner), and the Wraith are slowly closing in. Freak out time. Episodes like "Michael" would've made a lot more sense under those kinds of conditions.
                            Ooo, that would have been really interesting to see! The tone of the show definitely would have been quite a bit darker.
                            And John and Liz would have had to lean on each other even more b/c the situation would be that much more difficult. And with the IOA and their rules and opinions so far away... who knows what could have happened. I can definitely see them having the whole 'we could very easily die tomorrow and there's no one to stop us, so I'm not going to waste a single opportunity to be with you' thing going on. And I'm trying to think of which episode (alternate version) that moment would finally take place in - after some really nearly disastrous event (probably in which one of them had nearly died)- but I don't know which one.
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              Well while I do certianly agree they could have conceivably held out the plot for being out of contact with Earth for longer than they did, I was really happy that they did establish regular contact with Earth. I didn't want it to end up a rehash of Star Trek: Voyager in the sense that "Oh look, they are about to get home. Gee, I wonder how this plan will turn out. Oh they failed. What a shock. What are the odds. " Because they would constantly have to fail to keep the tension going.
                              Oh, believe me, I agree, and the example you gave of ST Voyager illustrates very well how it can go wrong. Just look at how the team kept losing out on getting a ZPM, even after they got back in contact with Earth. Eventually, they would have needed to reestablish contact, but doing it at the end of the very first season when one of the show's primary story points was the expedition's isolation was way too soon, as it made the whole idea seem like a waste of time rather than a valid plot device.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                Ooo, that would have been really interesting to see! The tone of the show definitely would have been quite a bit darker.
                                And John and Liz would have had to lean on each other even more b/c the situation would be that much more difficult. And with the IOA and their rules and opinions so far away... who knows what could have happened. I can definitely see them having the whole 'we could very easily die tomorrow and there's no one to stop us, so I'm not going to waste a single opportunity to be with you' thing going on. And I'm trying to think of which episode (alternate version) that moment would finally take place in - after some really nearly disastrous event (probably in which one of them had nearly died)- but I don't know which one.
                                Damnit, now I'm getting another plot bunny nibbling my ankle asking for an AU series. *headdesk*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X