Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    I already love my new family! But we have a problem.
    I was at the airport this morning, but I realized that I don't know where you reside so it is difficult to take a plane to join you.lol
    I'm also excited to see my new daddy. Can I call him "Papounet"? It's a french word to say "Daddy". And I'm happy to have an older brother. I don't like the one that I have for the moment.lol

I'm with you on this one. Definitively not romantic. Teyla was scared.

Hey I need your help. Mom wants to see all the Sparky episodes (it means all the seasons.lol) but I want to pick few episodes. So I have a question for you. Can you give me your "Top 5 Sparky episodes" (in the order of your preference)? After that I will choose the episodes that I will see with my "old" mom.lol Thanks
    I'm sure he'd love to be called "Papounet" Now if I only knew how to pronounce it.

Oh dear. You don't know where your new family lives. Just catch a plane to Washington, DC. Reagan National Airport is the closest. We live just across the river in Virginia.

My 5 favorite Sparky episodes in no particular order:

1. TRW
    2. Echoes
    3. The Eye/The Storm
    4. Lifeline
    5. GitM

That was really hard because I had to leave out so many good ones. Like BIS. But I think the later ones showed John's intense emotion so well that it can't be misinterpreted as just friendship. And the romantic symbolism of Echoes is overwhelming also.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    Homie, you can come lay over in Chicago. Gate 5 at O'hare is an experience all in itself. We can hang out until you figure were you need to go. Sparky Top Five episodes... hmm... 38 minutes, The Real World, The Storm/The Eye (I count two parters as one episode), Common Ground, and The Intruder. First Strike/Adrift/Lifeline gets an honorable mention.

Off to bed. I have to go in on midnights (1900-0700) tonight. Night er... morning?
    Hands off my new daughter. She can come visit you in Chicago once she settles in her new home in Virginia.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

pkprd O'Hare has to be the scariest place I've ever been in my entire life (and I spent a few days on base in Bosnia)! I've done quite a bit of traveling and that airport is just scary! (Nothing against the rest of Chicago though....)

SR I could probably reasonably drive to your house...I didn't realize that you live that close to me....

*makes list of 'must-see' sparky eps*
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        pkprd O'Hare has to be the scariest place I've ever been in my entire life (and I spent a few days on base in Bosnia)! I've done quite a bit of traveling and that airport is just scary! (Nothing against the rest of Chicago though....)

SR I could probably reasonably drive to your house...I didn't realize that you live that close to me....

*makes list of 'must-see' sparky eps*
        *Squeee!* You can help me plan the International Sparky meeting.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          *Squeee!* You can help me plan the International Sparky meeting.
          Yay! I love planning stuff!
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Homie, you can come lay over in Chicago. Gate 5 at O'hare is an experience all in itself. We can hang out until you figure were you need to go. Sparky Top Five episodes... hmm... 38 minutes, The Real World, The Storm/The Eye (I count two parters as one episode), Common Ground, and The Intruder. First Strike/Adrift/Lifeline gets an honorable mention.

Off to bed. I have to go in on midnights (1900-0700) tonight. Night er... morning?
            Oh cool! I will be happy to visit you. I think I will like Chicago. Be ready to see me (even if my mom doesn't want lol).

I'm sure he'd love to be called "Papounet" Now if I only knew how to pronounce it.

Oh dear. You don't know where your new family lives. Just catch a plane to Washington, DC. Reagan National Airport is the closest. We live just across the river in Virginia.

My 5 favorite Sparky episodes in no particular order:

1. TRW
            2. Echoes
            3. The Eye/The Storm
            4. Lifeline
            5. GitM

That was really hard because I had to leave out so many good ones. Like BIS. But I think the later ones showed John's intense emotion so well that it can't be misinterpreted as just friendship. And the romantic symbolism of Echoes is overwhelming also.

Hands off my new daughter. She can come visit you in Chicago once she settles in her new home in Virginia.
            Ok now that I know where you live, I can come. I will be happy to live in Virginia with Papounet (I will try to learn you how to pronounce it) and Mamounette (yes it's you). Oh and my new brother.
            But please mom, don't fight with my homie.lol

I just saw the movie "Trick or treat". I'm happy that we don't have Halloween in France. Too dangerous.lol I found this movie very funny.
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I guess that Lizzie's reason for objecting to going out on a "date" with Mike in Sunday was supposed to be the answer to that. You're right, it's so not enough.
              Yeah, I still wonder why John was nowhere around those sets of scenes. Everybody else got a taste of Liz and the Noah Wylie look-a-like Bearded Mike. And yet no John (no Ronon, either, but would we ever expect Ronon?).

I am still of the opinion that they just knew it would be difficult to gauge John's reaction and pretty much anything he did would be interpreted as Sparky. He could have reacted like Rodney (smirk and shrug) but I think most people would have realized John probably wouldn't have done that. He would have been a bit more suspicious. No mention of Mike, and of course no mention of her outfit in the scene they share (not that they would at that point in the story) but IMHO I think they didn't want to bother figuring out how to work him in without trying to seriously circumvent the ship stuff, so they just had him oblivious. *snerks*

I'm sorry....that's why I put it in spoilers...I just forgot to warn you! I blame it on my cold!!!

yep...that's the Sanctuary commentary...and I remember being irked because they made me want to make some chai and I was all out, I had finished what I had the night before! lol and there were a lot of quiet moments, as neither of them had seen the episode before! they were just cute...

Yes...I've seen the light....and I agree, Teyla/Kate do seem a bit canon-ish imo too....not that I slash or anything....*whistles innocently*
              They also talk a lot about "Leo" (aka, Leonora Varela, who played Chaya) and how nice she was. Makes it harder to dislike Chaya.

My favorite part has to be Torri's commentary on her credit scenes, though...they're the season 1 credits, of course, and if I remember correctly she says something like 'and here I am looking worried...looking worried...looking more worried...'

I already love my new family! But we have a problem.
              I was at the airport this morning, but I realized that I don't know where you reside so it is difficult to take a plane to join you.lol
              I'm also excited to see my new daddy. Can I call him "Papounet"? It's a french word to say "Daddy". And I'm happy to have an older brother. I don't like the one that I have for the moment.lol

I'm with you on this one. Definitively not romantic. Teyla was scared.

Hey I need your help. Mom wants to see all the Sparky episodes (it means all the seasons.lol) but I want to pick few episodes. So I have a question for you. Can you give me your "Top 5 Sparky episodes" (in the order of your preference)? After that I will choose the episodes that I will see with my "old" mom.lol Thanks
              Do you want Sparky in terms of 'strongest Sparky' or Sparky in terms of favorites to watch? If it's 'strongest Sparky' then I'd say:

1. The Eye
              2. The Real World
              3. Adrift
              4. The Siege III
              5. Lifeline

If it's the Sparky I love to watch, then

1. The Eye (I generally watch 'The Storm' too)
              2. The Real World
              3. The Siege III
              4. Echoes
              5. The Gift (that's today's pick)

Number 5 is really up in the air for me, because there's so much goodness to choose from. I'd list The Hot Zone, Intruder, 38 Minutes, Suspicion, The Gift, Siege II, Coup d'etat, Before I Sleep, Duet, Conversion, Progeny, Tao of Rodney, Misbegotten...because our ship is unscripted there's no anvil moments that make a particular episode solely Sparky just tons and tons of really fun Sparky moments spread throughout episodes.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Yeah, I still wonder why John was nowhere around those sets of scenes. Everybody else got a taste of Liz and the Noah Wylie look-a-like Bearded Mike. And yet no John (no Ronon, either, but would we ever expect Ronon?).

I am still of the opinion that they just knew it would be difficult to gauge John's reaction and pretty much anything he did would be interpreted as Sparky. He could have reacted like Rodney (smirk and shrug) but I think most people would have realized John probably wouldn't have done that. He would have been a bit more suspicious. No mention of Mike, and of course no mention of her outfit in the scene they share (not that they would at that point in the story) but IMHO I think they didn't want to bother figuring out how to work him in without trying to seriously circumvent the ship stuff, so they just had him oblivious. *snerks*

They also talk a lot about "Leo" (aka, Leonora Varela, who played Chaya) and how nice she was. Makes it harder to dislike Chaya.

My favorite part has to be Torri's commentary on her credit scenes, though...they're the season 1 credits, of course, and if I remember correctly she says something like 'and here I am looking worried...looking worried...looking more worried...'

Do you want Sparky in terms of 'strongest Sparky' or Sparky in terms of favorites to watch? If it's 'strongest Sparky' then I'd say:

1. The Eye
                2. The Real World
                3. Adrift
                4. The Siege III
                5. Lifeline

If it's the Sparky I love to watch, then

1. The Eye (I generally watch 'The Storm' too)
                2. The Real World
                3. The Siege III
                4. Echoes
                5. The Gift (that's today's pick)

Number 5 is really up in the air for me, because there's so much goodness to choose from. I'd list The Hot Zone, Intruder, 38 Minutes, Suspicion, The Gift, Siege II, Coup d'etat, Before I Sleep, Duet, Conversion, Progeny, Tao of Rodney, Misbegotten...because our ship is unscripted there's no anvil moments that make a particular episode solely Sparky just tons and tons of really fun Sparky moments spread throughout episodes.
                You're not helping.lol
                I just wants few episodes to watch with mom. (the other mom, the real one lol). We will do a "Sparky afternoon" to finish the show so we will pick 5 episodes. We will watch "The Eye and The Storm" and TRW, it's sure but we are not agree with the rest. I think we will do 2 "Sparky afternoon".lol
                Now I have to made a confession: Where are the sparks in "The Gift" and "Duet"? Don't beat me.lol
                sigpic

Comment

You're not helping.lol
                  I just wants few episodes to watch with mom. (the other mom, the real one lol). We will do a "Sparky afternoon" to finish the show so we will pick 5 episodes. We will watch "The Eye and The Storm" and TRW, it's sure but we are not agree with the rest. I think we will do 2 "Sparky afternoon".lol
                  Now I have to made a confession: Where are the sparks in "The Gift" and "Duet"? Don't beat me.lol
                  No beating involved. Yet.

In "The Gift" you have a lot of scenes that are J/E friendly, mostly towards the end. The benefit is it is a good episode, too, with lots of fun Teyla stuff (and yes, since I know the lemming is lurking, lots of Kate, too ).

- When Teyla confronts John for sending Kate to see her, he responds that one of the reasons he did so was because she snapped at Elizabeth (for me it's a 'defending her honor' kinda moment.
                  - The eye!sex is off the charts in the moments where they're together
                  - I love her silencing him and Rodney with 'the finger' as she's figuring out the translation to Wraith
                  - There's some good tension--after Teyla's first hypnotism goes wrong, plus, them and Bates--they sort of double-team him.
                  - The balcony discussion.
                  - And the final scene where Elizabeth gets attacked, love the look John gives Bates for saving her--sort of begrudging.
                  - Final infirmary scene.

In "Duet" there's not a ton, but we get the golden scene of "I knew you'd say yes!". They just sort of pop when they're together. Plus, it's a funny episode all around.

*shrugs* I like those eppies because they are good episodes, plus you sort of get subliminally Sparky throughout. *shrugs* Maybe it's just the episodes you prefer and the Sparky in them you love.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

In "The Gift" you have a lot of scenes that are J/E friendly, mostly towards the end. The benefit is it is a good episode, too, with lots of fun Teyla stuff (and yes, since I know the lemming is lurking, lots of Kate, too ).

- When Teyla confronts John for sending Kate to see her, he responds that one of the reasons he did so was because she snapped at Elizabeth (for me it's a 'defending her honor' kinda moment.
                    - I love her silencing him and Rodney with 'the finger' as she's figuring out the translation to Wraith
                    - There's some good tension--after Teyla's first hypnotism goes wrong, plus, them and Bates--they sort of double-team him.
                    - And the final scene where Elizabeth gets attacked, love the look John gives Bates for saving her--sort of begrudging.
                    - Final infirmary scene.

In "Duet" there's not a ton, but we get the golden scene of "I knew you'd say yes!". They just sort of pop when they're together. Plus, it's a funny episode all around.

*shrugs* I like those eppies because they are good episodes, plus you sort of get subliminally Sparky throughout. *shrugs* Maybe it's just the episodes you prefer and the Sparky in them you love.
                    I'm a bad shipper and I'm a little lost. I didn't remember those scenes in "The Gift". But I have an explication. I'm watching the season 5 so my brain is off.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh cool! I will be happy to visit you. I think I will like Chicago. Be ready to see me (even if my mom doesn't want lol).

Ok now that I know where you live, I can come. I will be happy to live in Virginia with Papounet (I will try to learn you how to pronounce it) and Mamounette (yes it's you). Oh and my new brother.
                      But please mom, don't fight with my homie.lol

I just saw the movie "Trick or treat". I'm happy that we don't have Halloween in France. Too dangerous.lol I found this movie very funny.
                      No fighting. I'll share you I guess. And I'd better tell your new brother about you. He thinks he's an only child.

- Final infirmary scene.

Is Duet this scene is one of my faves. You just know he wants to put his head in her lap.

Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

No fighting. I'll share you I guess. And I'd better tell your new brother about you. He thinks he's an only child.
                        hee hee that just sounds funny!

Is Duet this scene is one of my faves. You just know he wants to put his head in her lap.

Spoiler:
                        I highly doubt she'd stop him....
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I hope he will like me.
                          I'm so happy to have a new life. New parents, new brother, new neighbor (Drew). My other mom said I can go after the end of SGA.lol

And now I want to watch "Duet".
                          sigpic

Comment

if you can bear the fact that I have 21 years, I can't speak english very well and I eat like an ogre then it's official, I'm your new daughter. *jumps into the arms of her new mother * Say "hi" to my new daddy.
                            And I keep saying "Je suis 24 ans." *hehe* And lots of other stuff that is probably really funny if one speaks proper French

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I'll bring the wine!

Awww... sounds like a Sparky episode is just the kind of medicine the doctor ordered!
                            I'll go for beer, wine unfortunately gives me heart-burn.

That sounds like a great idea. I've got lots of room.
                            So SR when's that International Sparky Meeting? I have to arrange for sitters while I'm gone....
                            Pick a time when everybody can meet. It's beautiful here in the Spring usually.
                            Hey, I've been to Chicago before, when I was in 12th grade (that's junior year for you, I think) If I had known you back then I probably wouldn't have had to eat at this disgusting McDonald's when we were unable to find any suitable place for some food.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Oh please. last time I was accused of saying a large group of people is condemning rape, because they think that kiss is romantic. There were hissy fits on this very thread. *rolls eyes*

I'm sorry folks. It's aggression, no matter how hard you spin it.
                            Well, if there is evil people I can always protect you. Ever since I've been exercising regularly, I've developed this nice biceps

I am actually all for implementing Hallowe'en in Germany, if only that means that they don't start putting up feckin' Christmas decorations as early as September.
                            There was this little boy at my door a couple of years back who said a German Version of "Trick and Treat" that was something like "Give me sweets our I'll give you something sour" and I had no idea what he was on about, so I told him to bugger off. *g* Now if he'd said "Trick and Treat" I'd have known that it was Hallowe'en.

And now I'll use all of your favourite episodes lists to watch some Sparky

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                              And I keep saying "Je suis 24 ans." *hehe* And lots of other stuff that is probably really funny if one speaks proper French

I'll go for beer, wine unfortunately gives me heart-burn.

Hey, I've been to Chicago before, when I was in 12th grade (that's junior year for you, I think) If I had known you back then I probably wouldn't have had to eat at this disgusting McDonald's when we were unable to find any suitable place for some food.

Well, if there is evil people I can always protect you. Ever since I've been exercising regularly, I've developed this nice biceps

I am actually all for implementing Hallowe'en in Germany, if only that means that they don't start putting up feckin' Christmas decorations as early as September.
                              There was this little boy at my door a couple of years back who said a German Version of "Trick and Treat" that was something like "Give me sweets our I'll give you something sour" and I had no idea what he was on about, so I told him to bugger off. *g* Now if he'd said "Trick and Treat" I'd have known that it was Hallowe'en.

And now I'll use all of your favourite episodes lists to watch some Sparky
                              You'd think that....but alas, our Christmas stuff is up right next to the Halloween stuff
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post

We have a deal. You help me in english and I help you in French.

Each time I tried to celebrate Halloween, something strange happened. When we were young, a friend and I went to my neighbor. He didn't understand why we were there and wanted to give us some "fries". Another year, we have almost been attacked. Then we stopped. And one year, children came to our door. I was looking for candy. I took a lot of time because we do not celebrate Halloween in general. One child broke something in my garden. I spent my time yelling at him. My father wanted to kill him. I think we scared the children in our town. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X