No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Angsty Wednesday!

And have I got an angst-fest of a fic rec for you!

My Country's Only River, by hihoplastic. Post-Lifeline. It's the weight in his pocket. It has to be.

Enjoy, and be sure to have some tissues handy.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Buddy Holly! *squees a little* Now we're talking music. And you just gave me a plot bunny for a fluffy song fic.

BTW Sparkies!

Spoiler:
    86,000 posts!
    86,000 posts! Whoo Hoo! *passes out mojitos*

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
    I can't wait to read your fic.

I had to look up what LBD meant. Yes, TPTW put Shep up as the LBD. But I still wanted to see Lizzie in a little black dress. (Drools... more drool.) Thanks y'all for the compliments and I glad you enjoyed it. I'm also glad y'all are Buddy Holly fans. I've used a few of his songs ("Girl on my Mind" and "Rave On") recently. Hmm, maybe the next topic for the great debate series; "More influential rock'n'roller: Elvis or Buddy Holly?"
    Oh, now that sounds like a fun debate fic!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Angsty Wednesday!

And have I got an angst-fest of a fic rec for you!

My Country's Only River, by hihoplastic. Post-Lifeline. It's the weight in his pocket. It has to be.

Enjoy, and be sure to have some tissues handy.
      Do you happen to have fluff rec to go along with that one? Because that's helluva angst fest, really heart breaking.

I second rec it. Just don't read it if you want a happy fic.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

So, 'Nuna wants some fluff, eh?

A Taste for Scandal, by Azar. Sparky meets Jane Austen.

It's All in the Delivery, by AngelQueen. Five things Elizabeth would not normally wear.

and The Kidnapping of Elizabeth Weir, by SGAngeL. On a hot day on Atlantis, John decides that Elizabeth needs a break.

Happy reading!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK, would you mind beating a fic of mine into submission?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            SK, would you mind beating a fic of mine into submission?
            Oooh, is the muse being naughty again? Send it my way! *pulls out whip and grins evilly*

Comment

Oooh, is the muse being naughty again? Send it my way! *pulls out whip and grins evilly*
              I'm on it *grins*

Comment

I'm on it *grins*
                *twirly dance*

Comment

Do you happen to have fluff rec to go along with that one? Because that's helluva angst fest, really heart breaking.

I second rec it. Just don't read it if you want a happy fic.
                  Indeed that was an angst fest. I LOL'd at someone on the new thread about what you would have liked who wanted to see less emo!John. See everybody noticed he was suffering. Hee.

I've had a busy day getting my hair done and spending $90 on bras. And that was a half price sale! So I need some Sparky fluff. The new song fic will have to wait until tomorrow.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Indeed that was an angst fest. I LOL'd at someone on the new thread about what you would have liked who wanted to see less emo!John. See everybody noticed he was suffering. Hee.

I've had a busy day getting my hair done and spending $90 on bras. And that was a half price sale! So I need some Sparky fluff. The new song fic will have to wait until tomorrow.
                    Ergh...no angst. I have to watch First Strike sometime in the next few days, then Adrift/Lifeline. I think I could do a recap of the last two just off memory, but I don't want to miss any of the truly Sparky things (for example, on my first watch of Adrift, I totally missed John standing in Elizabeth's office alone.)

so you guys are so going to owe me canon!style fluff in the next few weeks.

And I've been listening to Lara Fabian's Broken Vow, which is a lovely song but very angsty. I think I need some Metallica now...

On the topic of emo!Joe, I finally caught up with Warehouse 13. I'm more amenable to it, having watched all the eppies (I honestly really like the guy--the girl kinda gets on my nerves).

But Joe's guest-starring role sorta had me laughing a little bit because he looked so lost most of the time. Not terribly John, and yet somewhat so...

But he did look pretty in his sloppy suit.
                    Last edited by Eri13; 19 August 2009, 11:10 AM.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*cracks up*

Ugh, I went shopping for jeans a couple of weeks ago. I swear, having to go through half a dozen just to get the right fit... argh.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Ergh...no angst. I have to watch First Strike sometime in the next few days, then Adrift/Lifeline. I think I could do a recap of the last two just off memory, but I don't want to miss any of the truly Sparky things (for example, on my first watch of Adrift, I totally missed John standing in Elizabeth's office alone.)

so you guys are so going to owe me canon!style fluff in the next few weeks.

And I've been listening to Lara Fabian's Broken Vow, which is a lovely song but very angsty. I think I need some Metallica now...
                      Oh yeah, we are so going into the mojitos early today! *passes the pitcher*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      On the top of emo!Joe, I finally caught up with Warehouse 13. I'm more amenable to it, having watched all the eppies (I honestly really like the guy--the girl kinda gets on my nerves).

But Joe's guest-starring role sorta had me laughing a little bit because he looked so lost most of the time. Not terribly John, and yet somewhat so...

But he did look pretty in his sloppy suit.
                      I think we're all still feeling a little lost. But Joe in rumpled suit is always good for a smile.

Comment

*cracks up*

Ugh, I went shopping for jeans a couple of weeks ago. I swear, having to go through half a dozen just to get the right fit... argh.

Oh yeah, we are so going into the mojitos early today! *passes the pitcher*

I think we're all still feeling a little lost. But Joe in rumpled suit is always good for a smile.
                        Jeans shopping! Don't even go there. I wish I only had to try on 6 pairs. It's exhausing.

And when is Joe not rumpled? It's part of his charm. A very large part. BTW, do we know anyone who's going to the Chicago con?
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                          I'm back!
                          I will read all the pages that I missed during my vacation but just for the moment I'm happy to be here.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Hiya Probie! *waves*

Jeans shopping! Don't even go there. I wish I only had to try on 6 pairs. It's exhausing.

And when is Joe not rumpled? It's part of his charm. A very large part. BTW, do we know anyone who's going to the Chicago con?
                            Exhausting is right. I still don't have a new pair of dressy black jeans. I swear, it's like they deliberately cut the black ones smaller in the waist just to piss me off. Argh.

Mmmm, rumpled Joe...

I think justhere was going to go to the Chicago con, but something else came up.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Hi everyone!
                              I'm back!
                              I will read all the pages that I missed during my vacation but just for the moment I'm happy to be here.
                              Hello, welcome back!

Nope, sorry.

I like shopping. I just have no money.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Finished my homework.
                                Erin87: Your vid is awesome. I like the music and what you did. You made me want to watch some Sparky episodes.
                                pkprd869: Your fics are excellent as always.
                                Anuna: I'm sorry for your grandma. I hope you will be fine.
                                Vixen:You're not the only one to be a bad Sparky shipper. Look at me...
                                Scary Kitty: I have 10 fics (and more) to read thanks to you.
                                I will go read all the fics.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X