Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Gee, I guess this means Sparky is not only a "Ghost Ship" but a "Flying Dutchman" under their definition:
    1. A pairing with the minor obstacle of one side being dead (or "just hiding") at the time.
    2. The Crack Pairing that wouldn't go away, or the Draco In Leather Pants ship that refuses to die despite the best efforts of the author and other fans.
    3. A ship involving undead characters. Most ships in Bleach qualify for this definition of Ghost Ship by the very nature of the show.
    * Flying Dutchman: A Ghost Ship that actually outlives the run of the series.

*snickers*

*dies laughing*
    This is SO HYSTERICAL. I know there's more minor Sparky stuff around...I don't remember exactly where it is.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And Rodney apparently is the Little Black Dress . ROTFLMAO!

There's something on SGA here about abandoning ship . *snort*

And really I have in no way done a comprehensive survey because you could spend days reading this but I haven't found anything negative about Sparky.
    I'm in hysterics about Dean Winchester as a LBD, although that's totally true.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Here's a list of all the Tropes involved with SGA

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...argateAtlantis

Comment

Watching the rerun of Trinity on SyFy right now... ZOMG, the Spanky anvils are flying left and right!

And ooh, here comes that big Sparky anvil where McKay pleads to Sheppard to convince Lizzie to let McKay keep working on Arcturus because he knows that Lizzie will listen to John!

And Rodney apparently is the Little Black Dress . ROTFLMAO!

There's something on SGA here about abandoning ship . *snort*

And really I have in no way done a comprehensive survey because you could spend days reading this but I haven't found anything negative about Sparky.
        *shrieks of laughter* Oh, that's priceless!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Here's a list of all the Tropes involved with SGA

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...argateAtlantis
        *falls over laughing some more*

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
        *sneaks in and pokes everyone with a stick*

SPARKY ROCKS!
        *pokes back* Yes, Sparky totally rocks!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm watching Trinity as well...I was squeeing with the scene with Caldwell. This is such a good episode...I miss episodes like this *grumbles*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Gee, I guess this means Sparky is not only a "Ghost Ship" but a "Flying Dutchman" under their definition:
            1. A pairing with the minor obstacle of one side being dead (or "just hiding") at the time.
            2. The Crack Pairing that wouldn't go away, or the Draco In Leather Pants ship that refuses to die despite the best efforts of the author and other fans.
            3. A ship involving undead characters. Most ships in Bleach qualify for this definition of Ghost Ship by the very nature of the show.
            * Flying Dutchman: A Ghost Ship that actually outlives the run of the series.

*snickers*

*dies laughing*
            I'm going to double quote you....*dies laughing*
            '
            So it's sparky day and smutty tuesday? Where's the fics people? Ohhhh and eye!sex pic spams *cough*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

:: runs in .. wavies.. runs out ::

Miss me?

Comment

This is SO HYSTERICAL. I know there's more minor Sparky stuff around...I don't remember exactly where it is.

I'm in hysterics about Dean Winchester as a LBD, although that's totally true.
                I agree about Dean but I see John as more of an LBD than Rodney. ???

Originally posted by yunadax View Post

Miss me?
                We do indeed.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Miss me?
                  Yes we do! Don't be a stranger!

That's true... with the whole 'Kirk'/'slut of the Pegasus Galaxy'/'hot flyboy with a pulse' thing some people seem wont to pin on him, John really is a bit of an LBD in fandom.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Havn't been a stranger, just havn't had much time lately :: hugs :: missed you all!!!

Comment

Havn't been a stranger, just havn't had much time lately :: hugs :: missed you all!!!
                      We miss you too!

And so does Sparky

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Shep+little black dress... eh. Now Audrey Hepburn+little black dress... YOWZA!

It's late on the 18th, but here is an itsy bitsy morsel. It's a song fic with song courtesy of my man Mr. Holly. If you fancy a listen to the song, here's a link to the REAL song, not a hack job cover. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OHge1fQJfo

Spoiler:

Elizabeth Weir walked the halls of Atlantis thinking about what happened to her earlier. Carson explained nanites had taken over her body. She overtly shuddered at the thought and stopped to regain her bearings. Apparently John Sheppard had come to her rescue again.

Everyday it's a gettin' closer
                        Goin' faster than a roller coaster
                        Love like yours will surely come my way

John Sheppard laid on his bed staring at the ceiling. Another close call with Elizabeth. The lecture about quarantine procedures from Carson was rather dry, but he scored the day a winner. John got up to grab a beer and heard a knock on his door.

"Come on in," John answered.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you. I just wanted to... talk," Elizabeth said as she entered John's room.

"It's no problem. Hey, you want a beer?" John asked as he held up another bottle.

"Actually yes, that would be great," Elizabeth responded taking the bottle.

"Glad I could help," John smiled.

"You know what the grapevine is going to say about us?" Elizabeth joked with a brow raise.

Everyday it's a gettin' faster
                        Everyone said go ahead and ask her

"Screw the grapevine," John said flatly and took a drink of his beer.

"I've heard they even have a pool about when we start dating," Elizabeth grinned.

"What!" John coughed and wiped away some beer he spilled on himself.

"Maybe they see something we don't," Elizabeth shrugged and took a drink form her beer.

"Yeah sure," John tried to be nonchalant in his answer.

Everyday seems a little longer
                        Every way love's a little stronger
                        Come what may
                        Do you ever long for
                        True love from me

"John, does that bother you?" Elizabeth asked.

"Well, yeah it does. It's not like I'm..." John paused.

"Kirk?" Elizabeth tilted her head and raised her brow.

"Ouch," John frowned and suddenly found his beer to be very interesting.

"John, I was only kidding," Elizabeth smiled finding John's embarrassment endearing.

"I know. You know, there was a Mrs. Sheppard," John tried to perk up.

"Really?" Elizabeth raised her brow in interest.

"Yeah. She left me though. Said my work was too secretive. I was Spec Ops, not like I can grill steaks and tell her about my day. Oh well, I guess there's a good woman out there someplace," John kept his gaze fixed on his beer bottle afraid of what his boss might see in his eyes.

"She's a fool," Elizabeth put her hand on John's shoulder.

"You're a good man John Sheppard. Loyal, honest, and trustworthy. Three very admirable qualities," Elizabeth explained.

"Really? You think so?" John's boyish response made Elizabeth smile.

"Yes John. I do," Elizabeth looked John in the eye.

Come what may
                        Do you every long for
                        True love from me

John and Elizabeth locked eyes for a moment. For one of the rare times, they could not read each other. Elizabeth thought John might be hiding something. And John was unable to find if Elizabeth's words had more than meaning. The cat and mouse game continued until they mutually ended the search.

Love like yours will surely come my

"Well... thanks," Elizabeth spoke as she placed her empty bottle in the trash.

"For the beer? It's no big deal," John shrugged.

"And for the talk," Elizabeth added.

"I may have to come talk with you one day," John's tone went serious.

"Anytime," Elizabeth replied before the door closed.

Love like yours will surely come way

Enjoy
                        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

And we miss you! *hugs back*

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                          *snickers*

It's late on the 18th, but here is an itsy bitsy morsel. It's a song fic with song courtesy of my man Mr. Holly. If you fancy a listen to the song, here's a link to the REAL song, not a hack job cover. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OHge1fQJfo

Spoiler:

Elizabeth Weir walked the halls of Atlantis thinking about what happened to her earlier. Carson explained nanites had taken over her body. She overtly shuddered at the thought and stopped to regain her bearings. Apparently John Sheppard had come to her rescue again.

John Sheppard laid on his bed staring at the ceiling. Another close call with Elizabeth. The lecture about quarantine procedures from Carson was rather dry, but he scored the day a winner. John got up to grab a beer and heard a knock on his door.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you. I just wanted to... talk," Elizabeth said as she entered John's room.

"It's no problem. Hey, you want a beer?" John asked as he held up another bottle.

"You know what the grapevine is going to say about us?" Elizabeth joked with a brow raise.

"I've heard they even have a pool about when we start dating," Elizabeth grinned.

"Maybe they see something we don't," Elizabeth shrugged and took a drink form her beer.

Come what may
                          Do you ever long for
                          True love from me

"John, I was only kidding," Elizabeth smiled finding John's embarrassment endearing.

"Yeah. She left me though. Said my work was too secretive. I was Spec Ops, not like I can grill steaks and tell her about my day. Oh well, I guess there's a good woman out there someplace," John kept his gaze fixed on his beer bottle afraid of what his boss might see in his eyes.

"You're a good man John Sheppard. Loyal, honest, and trustworthy. Three very admirable qualities," Elizabeth explained.

Come what may
                          Do you every long for
                          True love from me

John and Elizabeth locked eyes for a moment. For one of the rare times, they could not read each other. Elizabeth thought John might be hiding something. And John was unable to find if Elizabeth's words had more than meaning. The cat and mouse game continued until they mutually ended the search.

Enjoy
                          Awwwww! That's so sweet! Lizzie hanging out with John and drinking beer, heeheehee! And Buddy Holly is awesome.

Comment

Spoiler:

Come what may
                            Do you ever long for
                            True love from me

Come what may
                            Do you every long for
                            True love from me

Enjoy
                            Buddy Holly! *squees a little* Now we're talking music. And you just gave me a plot bunny for a fluffy song fic.

BTW Sparkies!

Spoiler:
                            86,000 posts!
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

We do indeed.
                              I agree. John really was the LBD more than Rodney.

Hi! *hugs*

Spoiler:

Come what may
                              Do you ever long for
                              True love from me

Come what may
                              Do you every long for
                              True love from me

Enjoy
                              Wonderful fic! Thanks for the Wednesday pick-me-up!

Buddy Holly! *squees a little* Now we're talking music. And you just gave me a plot bunny for a fluffy song fic.

BTW Sparkies!

Spoiler:
                              86,000 posts!
                              Yay! Let's keep it going!

Comment

And we miss you! *hugs back*

snip
                                Awwwww! That's so sweet! Lizzie hanging out with John and drinking beer, heeheehee! And Buddy Holly is awesome.

BTW Sparkies!

Spoiler:
                                86,000 posts!
                                I can't wait to read your fic.
                                I agree. John really was the LBD more than Rodney.

snip

Wonderful fic! Thanks for the Wednesday pick-me-up!

Yay! Let's keep it going!
                                I had to look up what LBD meant. Yes, TPTW put Shep up as the LBD. But I still wanted to see Lizzie in a little black dress. (Drools... more drool.) Thanks y'all for the compliments and I glad you enjoyed it. I'm also glad y'all are Buddy Holly fans. I've used a few of his songs ("Girl on my Mind" and "Rave On") recently. Hmm, maybe the next topic for the great debate series; "More influential rock'n'roller: Elvis or Buddy Holly?"
                                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                                X