Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Eyesex, eyesex, and more eyesex! And then there's that bit of radiosex from Conversion we were talking about earlier today.

Holy crap, that's awesome!!! And this is your first attempt at doing a vid? Girl, you done great! *bows in worship*

But what music is it?
    How could I have forgotten that? You know they eye!sex a lot...that must be tiring...

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
      Ah, I did have the pleasure of viewing Anuna's recap, but now I'll have to see Eri's.

I admire you for doing Big Bang. I don't think I could make a good story of at least 40,000 words... that's a lot. lol

And pic spam is always good. Yes indeed.
      The idea I came up with is pretty darn epic, so it'll definitely fill up the word count... The trouble for me is getting the idea out of my head and expanding the outline into a full-fledged story. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth.

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      How could I have forgotten that? You know they eye!sex a lot...that must be tiring...
      Just think, whenever they get tired, they can go back to their quarters and snuggle up together in bed for a little nap. Aaaahhhh, snugglebunnies.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The idea I came up with is pretty darn epic, so it'll definitely fill up the word count... The trouble for me is getting the idea out of my head and expanding the outline into a full-fledged story. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth.

Just think, whenever they get tired, they can go back to their quarters and snuggle up together in bed for a little nap. Aaaahhhh, snugglebunnies.
        I can totally relate to that, it's like you have the perfect idea but it's so hard to add all those little details to it

Aww... that so wasn't what I would think they'd be doing when they get back to their quarters...I'd bet they'd have some...other...more fun...stuff on their minds

Comment

I can totally relate to that, it's like you have the perfect idea but it's so hard to add all those little details to it
          Yes, exactly! But when you finally do get those details in and it's done... Ahhh, it feels so good.

Aww... that so wasn't what I would think they'd be doing when they get back to their quarters...I'd bet they'd have some...other...more fun...stuff on their minds
          Well, you did say they'd be tired... I figured they'd want a little nap first to get their strength up before... play time.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes, exactly! But when you finally do get those details in and it's done... Ahhh, it feels so good.

Well, you did say they'd be tired... I figured they'd want a little nap first to get their strength up before... play time.
            So true One of these days I'm going to write another Sparky story...one of these days

Well...they're not that tired I don't think they'd pass up any chance at...play time

Comment

So true One of these days I'm going to write another Sparky story...one of these days
              Doooo iiiiiiittt!

Well...they're not that tired I don't think they'd pass up any chance at...play time
              True, dat. But of course, sometimes the slow build up from a quiet cuddle to something more... exuberant... can be rather satisfying, too.

Comment

Doooo iiiiiiittt!

True, dat. But of course, sometimes the slow build up from a quiet cuddle to something more... exuberant... can be rather satisfying, too.
                I started writing like 5 words yesterday John angst...that should make me want to write

Very true...plot bunny!! I need Sparky smut day and I need it now *head desk*

Comment

*bounces* I still can't wait to read your story!!
                  Mine is pretty epic too as I'm rewriting most of what happened in SGA
                  But you're right... getting the ideas in your head on paper is sometimes very difficult. And if you try to force it, it just feels wrong.
                  Having a stubborn muse who takes way too much vacation is very frustrating at times

Hehe, so very true

Yay, can't wait for that day to come

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                    But you're right... getting the ideas in your head on paper is sometimes very difficult. And if you try to force it, it just feels wrong.
                    Having a stubborn muse who takes way too much vacation is very frustrating at times

Hehe, so very true

Yay, can't wait for that day to come
                    Yay for rewriting SGA! Don't we all want to do that

*crosses fingers* Maybe one day soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                      *whew* It's done. I said I was going to make a trailer for my fanfic, and darn it if I didn't do it.

The trailer for Light in the Dark.
                      Now this is my first ever attempt at vid making of any kind, so you guys tell me what you think.
                      You did that with iMovie? Talented much? Now that you've mastered that one get Final Cut Express and really go to town.

I loved the way it sped up and slowed down and the reaction clips that fit the music perfectly.

I have about 3 songs in my head right now for vids and 2 unfinished ones that just don't motivate me anymore. I don't seem to have the patience these days to fit the clips and the transitions and the effects all together and fiddle with it until I'm satisfied.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        You did that with iMovie? Talented much? Now that you've mastered that one get Final Cut Express and really go to town.

I loved the way it sped up and slowed down and the reaction clips that fit the music perfectly.

I have about 3 songs in my head right now for vids and 2 unfinished ones that just don't motivate me anymore. I don't seem to have the patience these days to fit the clips and the transitions and the effects all together and fiddle with it until I'm satisfied.
                        I tell you what if I ever get 'Vegas' on DVD I'll totally make a Sparky vid to 'I still miss you' ever time I hear that song (Or see your sig ) I want to make it so bad...it's so them...

Comment

Holy crap, that's awesome!!! And this is your first attempt at doing a vid? Girl, you done great! *bows in worship*

But what music is it?
                          Wow, bowing! Thanks very much!
                          It's Lux Aeterna by Clint Mansell.

Welcome! aw you have a Mac don't you? I've heard there movie editing software is supposed to be very good The music is perfect for the vid, it's so angsty and epic- like Now you should try making music videos!
                          Yup. Mac. And the software did seem to be good. As long as you use the newer '09 version. *refuses to talk about the older version* *glares at it in hatred*
                          And what's perfect for the vid is perfect for the fic too.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Aw, thanks.
                          It was a bit of a pain getting everything to fit, but overall I'm satisfied with how it turned out.
                          And I can see how you wouldn't have patience for the vids. It took for-e-ver just to do what I did, and it was shorter than your normal song-with-clips vid. I definitely sympathize with and have a new admiration for vid makers now.
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

And here's an amusing fic rec to start your day:

If It Ain't Broke, by peanutbutterer. Rodney's latest "modification" to Atlantis creates an annoying problem for Elizabeth. The solution: John must become Elizabeth's latest fashion accessory.

Happy reading!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Muses taking too much vacation is right! I've got some serious catching up to do!

Excellent! *rubs hands together gleefully*

Comment

Yup. Mac. And the software did seem to be good. As long as you use the newer '09 version. *refuses to talk about the older version* *glares at it in hatred*
                              And what's perfect for the vid is perfect for the fic too.

Aw, thanks.
                              It was a bit of a pain getting everything to fit, but overall I'm satisfied with how it turned out.
                              And I can see how you wouldn't have patience for the vids. It took for-e-ver just to do what I did, and it was shorter than your normal song-with-clips vid. I definitely sympathize with and have a new admiration for vid makers now.
                              *is a teeny bit Jealous* I have windows...and the video editing sticks *sighs*

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

And here's an amusing fic rec to start your day:

If It Ain't Broke, by peanutbutterer. Rodney's latest "modification" to Atlantis creates an annoying problem for Elizabeth. The solution: John must become Elizabeth's latest fashion accessory.

Happy reading!

Muses taking too much vacation is right! I've got some serious catching up to do!

Excellent! *rubs hands together gleefully*
                              Aww that was an awesome fic rec! And one have any awkward UST Sparky fics? I'm so in a Sparky mood!

Comment

Aww that was an awesome fic rec! And one have any awkward UST Sparky fics? I'm so in a Sparky mood!
                                Thanks!

Awkward UST fics... here's a couple by Shane Vansen (aka lone_pyramid on LJ) that start out UST, and end up... not UST :

Quarantine. After being exposed to something that might or might not be hazardous, John and Elizabeth are stuck in the infirmary for three days.

Hypothetically Speaking, and its sequel, Re-Testing the Hypothesis. Epilogue to the episode, The Long Goodbye.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X