No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a slow Saturday....how 'bout a few prompts for Sparky drabbles that you can post here?

*You've Got Mail
    *S'mores
    *Mud Puddles
    *Tree Swing
    *A jeep ride on a mountain road
    *Wildflowers

Enjoy and have fun!
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

[QUOTE=SGLAB;11257711]Here's another pic I created with my ipod app Framed.
      [IMG][/IMG]

they do look they would win i wonder whio the other candidates were?

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I've been out running around shopping and various errands all day long! In the rain! And now I'm pooped.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        This is OT but I think we can all use some Spring. When you get a black screen just click anywhere or hold down your mouse button and drag. Enjoy Spring!
        *squees* Whee, flowers!

I admit to having my hopes up but from the start I predicted they would either cast a well known TV actor or a lesser known movie actor who hasn't had a hit lately. But then I thought they must realize how perfect Joe is when they see him in action. I'm afraid the SciFi label will always follow Joe around and the idiots who cast shows will never be able to get past it. Very disappointed.
        Yeah, I had a feeling they wouldn't cast Joe. I think he even talked about this a little during the acting discussion at the LAX con last year, how producers, casting directors and studio executives all have their own particular favorites in mind, and to hell with choosing someone who's really right for the role and will bring in the viewers.

Yeah, but I believe everything happens for a reason. For example, Thoughtcrimes was a great pilot and should have been a show but then we would never have known Joe as John Sheppard. So there 'ya go. Maybe there is something really great just waiting for him. I'm thinking he needs to be on the USA Network. Characters welcome! He would be a great fit there in the right show.
        Hell, get him a guest shot on Burn Notice while the next JoeF vehicle is warming up. That's another show he'd fit right in on.

Meanwhile I doubt he's suffering much financially. Rockford is like an icon to people my age. It's like remaking Casablanca or Bonanza. It just shouldn't be done. Joe was the only thing I saw good about it. In fact when I told Mr. SR that it was being remade I got a very negative response but then when I told him Joe might be Rockford he completely changed his tune. I think the majority of fans who know the old show will react negatively. Those who watch the new one will most likely not even have been born (1974) when the old one first came on. So who knows if it will be a hit. Plus I hear it's likely to come on Fridays which is the graveyard. Who knows?
        Seriously. I predict it won't survive past six episodes.

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
        Here's another pic I created with my ipod app Framed.
        http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...lasscouple.jpg

I didn't know JF was possibly up for the role on the new Rockford Files show. Too bad he didn't get it. I agree with SR, in regards to how she felt about a remake of the show and then about JF possibly having the role. I watch The Rockford Files with my dad occassionally. Watched Maverick with him as a kid too.
        Eeeeeee, that is so cute! *snerches pic*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        *boooored*
        And tired... *falls over*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I guess I'll just drop by to say goodnight. I was bored today too so I worked on my Atlantis Cafe AU. This may actually turn into something. We'll have to see.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I guess I'll just drop by to say goodnight. I was bored today too so I worked on my Atlantis Cafe AU. This may actually turn into something. We'll have to see.
            Nighty-night, SR! Pleasant Sparky dreams!

Oooh, more Atlantis Café stories? Looking forward to it!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I feel like leaving another sample. Though these are all subject to change. I seem to be writing this inside out.

Spoiler:
              Rodney headed to the men's room to wash his hands and John slid into their usual booth. Spotting him, Elizabeth grabbed the coffee pot and put a chocolate covered donut on a small plate. The donut she placed on Rodney's side of the table and filled both coffee cups. John raised an eyebrow at her and she shrugged. “He looks like he needs sugar.”

John glanced toward the short hallway down which Rodney had disappeared and back at her. “We had to chase down a meth head. Rodney got his hands dirty.”

“And you?”

“I ran faster, tripped the guy and McKay did the thing with the handcuffs.”

“What a team.” Elizabeth seemed in no hurry to depart so John took the opportunity to find out a little more about her.

“So, Elizabeth huh? Most of the women I've known who work in diners have short names like Sue or Debbie or Marge. You need a nickname.” He studied her for a moment not noticing that her eyes were beginning to narrow. “How about Liz? Or Lizzie?”

Her eyes narrowed even more and she pointed a finger at him. “Do not ever call me Lizzie again? Just remember, Detective, I serve your food.”

Rodney arrived just in time to hear the last of the exchange. He slid into his seat, grabbed the donut and mumbled “Oh thank God” just before taking a huge bite.

“So, what's my partner done to offend you? I knew it was just a matter of time. He seems to have a knack.” Rodney swallowed the bite of donut and glanced between the other two.

“He called me Lizzie.” Elizabeth turned and made a rapid retreat to refill the cups of two lawyerly types at the next booth.

“Uh oh, she hates that.” Rodney smirked at John and sipped his coffee with a sigh of relief.

“So I gathered. Good to know.” John smirked back at him.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                It's a slow Saturday....how 'bout a few prompts for Sparky drabbles that you can post here?

*You've Got Mail
                *S'mores
                *Mud Puddles
                *Tree Swing
                *A jeep ride on a mountain road
                *Wildflowers

Enjoy and have fun!
                Ok so one of these bit me. Wildflowers in Bloom

Well it is more than a drabble, but oh well. Thanks for the prompts.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

*reads and shrieks in laughter*

Poor John, whumped by a bug! Again! At least Elizabeth liked the flowers, heehee!

Comment

Awww this was sweet ... and hylarious! John can't do anything the easy way

Comment

Ah fluff! I love it so. Thanks for writing that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice job Pocus! Glad you found a little inspiration off the list. Poor John......he doesn't have very good luck with bugs....does he? LOL
                        sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good evening, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I've been out running around shopping and various errands all day long! In the rain! And now I'm pooped.

*squees* Whee, flowers!

Yeah, I had a feeling they wouldn't cast Joe. I think he even talked about this a little during the acting discussion at the LAX con last year, how producers, casting directors and studio executives all have their own particular favorites in mind, and to hell with choosing someone who's really right for the role and will bring in the viewers.

Hell, get him a guest shot on Burn Notice while the next JoeF vehicle is warming up. That's another show he'd fit right in on.

Seriously. I predict it won't survive past six episodes.

Eeeeeee, that is so cute! *snerches pic*

And tired... *falls over*
                          Awww. Well, no inducement for me to watch Rockford now.

Pocus, I loved the ficlet! That was great!

What else has been going on? I've been running around this weekend, but it's a good kind of running around.

Hockey today!!

I'm writing on like 3 different SS6 things at the moment. Nothing definitive, just to get the thoughts on paper. But it's fun!
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

OT: Has anyone heard from Probie? There was a big storm in France...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Not yet. I believe she lives near Lyon--where did it hit?
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Not yet. I believe she lives near Lyon--where did it hit?
                                Not primarily Lyon, I think. But it's coming over, so it can't just have hit at the coast.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Working...
                                X