• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I think he needs some cream for that.

And Daedalus Variations with Alan McCullough and Andy Mikita

Spoiler:
    That little indoor balcony that we've seen John and Liz on so many times is called the Romeo and Juliet balcony. I know that's a common expression for that kind of balcony, but still.

The special effects in this one went 4 times over budget.

The star field outside the ship is just a curtain with pieces of glass glued to it.

The network initially said this episode was boring, not gripping enough and slow.

Kavan is a great guy and a great actor.

The boxes in the store room all said "Do not ring transport". Cute and puzzling.

They commented on the "touching" scene with Ronon and Teyla.

The part where Ronon and John get all excited over the alien's gun was Joe's suggestion. Andy M said it was a very good one.

They talked quite a bit about the online discussion of these aliens and that fans hoped to see them again. They would have been brought back in S6.

The part with Ronon at the console was very funny and Jason was also confused which made it even better.

Having Teyla know about the techie stuff and Ronon not brought out a "neat side of Ronon and Teyla". WTF? Teyla maybe.

They showed alt!Shep in the fighter jet because the network wanted it. Used old footage.

David had a cold and they had to wait to shoot the scene with the baby later.

Sorry I don't have any good tidbits. It was interesting to listen to but mostly about the sets and the flashing lights and how they shot the scenes. *yawns*
    That was about the bent of Season 3. I love technical commentary but sometimes all you just want to hear about characters.

John flew fighter jets too? Wasn't he a chopper pilot? Isn't there sort of a huge difference between them?

Although I guess F-302's and the PJs were more like jet flight controls...
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      The rear part of John, obviously. He does have a very neat gluteus maximus.
      Spoiler:
      http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x130/anuna_81/brothers%20in%20arms/12a.jpg
      And really manly boxers too
      Oh, I know there's a fic out there somewhere that explain those pink boxers because he accidentally washed them with Elizabeth's red shirts....
      Anyone know this one?

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Plot Bunny! Ooo, I can see it! I know stuff like this has been done a whole bunch, but still. They run across some planet with a feudalistic society where the leaders will only deal with other royalty, so in order to negotiate with them (they have something that the expedition needs, not sure what) Liz has to pretend to be an actual queen and dress up and everything. *imagines John's face when he sees Liz come out in a long medieval style red velvet dress* Squeee! If not a fic that at least demands a drawing!
      Hope you're writing that bunny already... it sounds pretty good

I like this one better. Anyone care to speculate if alt!Shep goes commando?
      Spoiler:
      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/sga519_vegas-jc04.jpg
      *drools*
      Commando would fit alt!Shep's style.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      [SIZE="1"]On a different note: I was just watching SG-1's '200'. I about died during the fake wedding scene because I started picturing what it would have been like if Atlantis had done something like that. John and Liz wedding! *flails at the massive amount of squee that mental image brings up* I can so see it! A scene pretty much like the one they did, only in Atlantis and with Atlantis people. Rodney as best man, then Ronon and Lorne as groomsman, then Teyla could be maid of honor and Jennifer and somebody else as bridesmaids. (or cut it down and just have Rodney and Teyla be part of the wedding party *shrugs*) Shep in a tux, Liz in a white dress carrying red roses. *flails some more*
      *grins* Another plotbunny?
      I could totally see that happening btw
      Too bad they never made it to 200
      And even if they did, Liz wouldn't have been a part of it :'(

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Wedding... (looks around nervously) run away! just kidding. I'll keep my opinions on mens' wedding attire to myself and just say I'd prefer white or pink roses over the red. That whole purity thing motif and all. In 200 Walter cried, so maybe Ronon can cry this time. Or Lorne, just because people think he's gay. (Nothing wrong with that, I'm not trying to offend anybody. Most fans for whatever reason think Lorne's that way.)
      If Walter is the one who's crying, then Chuck should be the one that's crying in the Atlantis version...
      I'm just wondering who could perform the ceremony... Todd maybe?

I think he needs some cream for that.
      And I'm sure Liz wouldn't mind helping him to rub it in

That little indoor balcony that we've seen John and Liz on so many times is called the Romeo and Juliet balcony. I know that's a common expression for that kind of balcony, but still.
      Are you serious? That is so... waw... I mean... Romeo and Juliet ended in heartbreak and sorrow and so did Sparky...
      It's really kinda fitting...

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hmm, dunno if that plot bunny can get in on BB, the story's in the wrong time of year. Maybe if I change it a bit...
      *grins*

Given that I'm seeing the shadow of the top of his butt cleavage, I'd say he's either got some really low-rider undies on, or he's gone commando.
      Maybe we should investigate further and study the photo some more

Sig by me

Comment

LMAO!

*sends a case of scotch*

Bring on the snark!
        For some reason the commentaries kick my snark up a notch.

Given that I'm seeing the shadow of the top of his butt cleavage, I'd say he's either got some really low-rider undies on, or he's gone commando.
        In The Prodigal they had to paint out RL's lavender undies in one shot. I wonder if they painted out alt!Shep's pink boxers. Or maybe they had little dice on them. Thank goodness that through the years they didn't paint out all the peekage. What's the fun in that?
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh, on a completely different matter... I've just started watching 'Kyle XY' and the woman playing the leading role (Marguerite MacIntyre as Nicole Trager) has so many mannerism of Elizabeth that I'm gaping at her every time she's on screen...
          It's scary... Nicole Trager and Elizabeth Weir could easily be twin sisters of you just compare them by mannerism.
          I'm not kidding you, same way of looking, pursing lips, turning her head, squeezing her eyes... It's so freaking me out!
          The really weird thing though is that every time she's in a long shot, she reminds me of Sam Carter... Maybe she's a half sister to both Liz and Sam...
          I'm just wondering if anyone else noticed this or if my mind is just playing tricks on me...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            That was about the bent of Season 3. I love technical commentary but sometimes all you just want to hear about characters.

John flew fighter jets too? Wasn't he a chopper pilot? Isn't there sort of a huge difference between them?

Although I guess F-302's and the PJs were more like jet flight controls...
            He was a chopper pilot before Rising, but I guess when he and Lizzie and the rest of the Atlantis command staff went back to Earth between The Siege and Intruder, John got training on the F-302's. Hmm, good thought about the jumper controls maybe preparing him for jet controls.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              True, that. Because it's all about screwing over Weir, isn't it?

If Walter is the one who's crying, then Chuck should be the one that's crying in the Atlantis version...
              Oh, heck no. Maybe Teyla, if it's an Athosian ceremony.

And hey! Why can't John wear his Air Force dress uniform to his own wedding? Now that would be hot.

Are you serious? That is so... waw... I mean... Romeo and Juliet ended in heartbreak and sorrow and so did Sparky...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And hey! Why can't John wear his Air Force dress uniform to his own wedding? Now that would be hot.
                Teyla wouldn't be bad, but a real alien alien should do the ceremony...
                SGA didn't really encounter a lot of alien aliens, did they?

John in his dress uniform *drools*
                We have never seen enough of that, now have we?

Sig by me

Comment

For some reason the commentaries kick my snark up a notch.
                  Especially these later ones.

In The Prodigal they had to paint out RL's lavender undies in one shot. I wonder if they painted out alt!Shep's pink boxers. Or maybe they had little dice on them. Thank goodness that through the years they didn't paint out all the peekage. What's the fun in that?
                  *snerks* If they had painted out anything of JF's, they'd better hope no one finds out, otherwise the fans are gonna march on Bridge with torches and pitchforks!

Oh, and that bit in the commentary about the special effects for DV going four times over budget? Gee, well I guess that explains why the effects for the rest of the season sucked as much as they did. They couldn't afford anything better.

Comment

Teyla wouldn't be bad, but a real alien alien should do the ceremony...
                    SGA didn't really encounter a lot of alien aliens, did they?
                    Nope. Of course, given that TPTW couldn't even figure out what to do with the human characters, maybe that's a good thing.

John in his dress uniform *drools*
                    We have never seen enough of that, now have we?
                    Only the one time. And they screwed up the order of his award ribbons, which annoyed me.

Comment

KR: You live in Belgium, no? Don't worry, I'm not a spy.lol
                      I just want to know if you have all the commentaries for the season 1. If you live in Belgium, you are in Zone 2 for the dvds. It's why I ask you this. I'm frustrated because all of you say a lot of good things about commentaries. I want to know if I can find these dvds in the Zone 2.
                      Thanks
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Nope. Of course, given that TPTW couldn't even figure out what to do with the human characters, maybe that's a good thing.
                        Yeah, you're right... it probably was a good thing...

Only the one time. And they screwed up the order of his award ribbons, which annoyed me.
                        One time isn't enough... far from... I mean one dress uniformed John in five seasons... nope, not nearly enough.
                        I can imagine it annoyed you, but I was too busy looking at the hotness that was John in his dress uniform

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        KR: You live in Belgium, no? Don't worry, I'm not a spy.lol
                        I just want to know if you have all the commentaries for the season 1. If you live in Belgium, you are in Zone 2 for the dvds. It's why I ask you this. I'm frustrated because all of you say a lot of good things about commentaries. I want to know if I can find these dvds in the Zone 2.
                        Thanks
                        Yup, I do live in Belgium.
                        And no, I don't have all the commentaries for s1 on the zone2 DVD's
                        So, I have s1 double... zone1 and zone2. You have to love having a region free DVD player
                        I'm actually thinking of getting s2 and s3 in zone1 too as I've noticed there appear to be differences too in the extra's.

Sig by me

Comment

One time isn't enough... far from... I mean one dress uniformed John in five seasons... nope, not nearly enough.
                          I can imagine it annoyed you, but I was too busy looking at the hotness that was John in his dress uniform
                          Hah!

Yup, I do live in Belgium.
                          And no, I don't have all the commentaries for s1 on the zone2 DVD's
                          So, I have s1 double... zone1 and zone2. You have to love having a region free DVD player
                          I'm actually thinking of getting s2 and s3 in zone1 too as I've noticed there appear to be differences too in the extra's.
                          Apparently, other countries have gotten extras not on the discs; it seems that the UK discs for each season were packaged with code cards that allowed access to a "secret" website with computer desktop wallpapers for download. I've seen some official-looking wallpapers (complete with all the correct copyright tags) floating around on the web that may be those "secret" ones from S1-3, though I haven't seen any new ones recently.

How annoying. Why can't they just give each country/region the same discs with the same features?

Comment

How annoying. Why can't they just give each country/region the same discs with the same features?
                            I know. It's very annoying. Other shows don't have that issue... not as far as I know at least and I have bought tons of shows on DVD. Some do have differences, but they are so tiny, you don't really care.
                            SGA is the only one that I know that differs so much from region to region and from country to country. And it totally blows. I mean, what's it good for? It's not like all fans are gonna buy multiple copies of the seasons. I did, but only because I have a region free player and I don't know a lot of people who have that same privilege.

Little OT trivia (funny for you too Probie): I bought the region free player to be able to play the region1 'The Pretender' DVD's as the only country in which the region2 DVD's have been released is France
                            French people are so lucky sometimes (ignoring the whole dubbing thing now )

Sig by me

Comment

But hey, by the time they got to 200 another 5 seasons would have gone by. Who knows what could have happened. But now we'll never know.

HA! Now that would be funny (albeit a little creepy) and I can see them doing that if they went for the same level of satire that they did for SG-1.

*sniff sniff*

Ooo yeah, definitely dress uniform! I was just thinking tux cause that's what Jack was wearing in '200'.
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Okay, another drawing. And just so you're warned, it is shamelessly and hopelessly off topic. I have absolutely no excuse for posting it here other than wanting you guys to see it. So forgive me.

OT Portrait of Vala MalDoran:
                                Spoiler:

sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X