Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    um i was watching brain storm (just for the john/ronan part) cause something john said had me thinking DEX: You sure you don't wanna spend your leave going back to Earth with McKay and the others?

    SHEPPARD: Nah. The S.G.C. doesn't have a ZeeP.M., so two weeks on Earth means three weeks cooped up in the Daedalus. That's five weeks of missing work. We only get one of those every year and a half, so I'd like to save mine for something more special.

    i dont think he'll do anything special cause that special someone we probably would've gone back to earth with isnt there. so since this is pre enemy at the gate. do u think john ever went back to earth after elizabeths "Death" i mean im sure he went to go see her mom to tell her the bad news but im sure that was it.

    Comment


      Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Yeah... when I saw 'Adrift' again and McKay started talking about the nanites replacing the damaged tissue, I didn't think of it straight away, but one of the posts here did make me think of it (my brain is so stupidly slow at times). So, I could go for my believable happy ending
      Thx for that info, I'll make those adjustments before I send it off to my beta.



      Oh, he does seem very comfortable like that... almost like he does it regularly.
      And the fact that she doesn't seem to have a problem with it (which I can't imagine if she isn't used to it) is also very telling.




      *grins* They look so adorable, don't they
      The love is all in the eyes




      Thank you, guys
      Glad you liked it.
      How many bosses are really going to let people put their feet on their desk and sit on their desk? I mean really

      Originally posted by Probie View Post
      He puts his feet on the desk but his ass too.
      pic 1 pic 2

      And yes, it's not a problem for her. It's like "Fran and Maxwell". I love my comparison.lol I don't remember the name of this TV show. I was a kid when I watched this.
      But John is Fran and Elizabeth is Maxwell. And Fran and Maxwell are married at the end of the show...lol

      I have a problem: How do you do to post a pic in this thread? I tried once but it didn't work.
      So true

      Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Good morning folks. A new chapter of Teenage Wasteland is up with soundtrack listed. I only use music I like, so I hope you enjoy.

      Kris: Whatever the guy equivalent of "awwwww" is.


      I agree, sitting on another persons desk is like the feet thing. You need to be comfy with them to do it (unless one is rude and just does it) and they need to be just as comfy with you not to say anything.
      There's a man equivalent of 'awww'? Is a man equivalent of that supposed to be like a cool?

      You guys are making me want to write something Sparky

      My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

      Comment


        Okay, Probie, you thought I had forgotten you special request for the commentary on The Queen, but at last here it is:

        Spoiler:
        Done by Alan McCullough and Brenton Spencer the director. These guys really like their own work. The Queen is Shakespeare. Well granted, Chris Heyerdall is a Shakespearean actor and it shows but dudes please. AM says they felt they needed a Teyla episode at this point because everyone else already had one. WTF?

        One comment interested me greatly. All scripts get rewritten in editing. Well duh. Sparky was always in the editing.

        Chris brings "wit and menace" to Todd. They compliment his subtle facial expressions.

        Much too much talk about axis, eye line and lights.

        Now we also have a Faustian pact. What happened to Shakespeare?

        They think they kept what was being done to Teyla a secret until the big reveal in the episode. I kid you not.

        This episode supposedly defined the Wraith mythology.

        OMG! They killed a wraith queen. Shakespeare! Are these guys smoking crack?

        A network note had them change the script to leave the explanation for WTF was going on until later in the episode. That explains so much.

        On Rachel. She is "so strong" as the Wraith queen. Much praise for her being such a trooper and acting like a real leader, setting an example, etc. The fight with the wraith was disappointing. The actor playing the commander had a serious reaction to the contacts and couldn't see. The fight looked fake so they shortened it. (Bam Bam has said they shortened it because RL was tired.)

        They thought seriously about having Teyla go all wraithified but decided that it was betrayed just in her look that she was feeling the wraith power. There was another moment earlier when she stared at her hand when she was a wraith but they cut it because the scene was too long. (Or maybe because that would have made the last scene actually make sense.)

        Laughed about Shep being a joker when he teased her in the last scene.


        Pardon my sarcasm throughout but these guys were just so proud of themselves I almost fell over laughing. And they genuinely seem to value Rachel and the character of Teyla, so I hope this makes her fans feel better. Shep, on the other hand, is evidently just there for the lol's.
        sigpic

        Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

          snip

          There's a man equivalent of 'awww'? Is a man equivalent of that supposed to be like a cool?

          You guys are making me want to write something Sparky
          SR suggested "heyyyyy" from da Fonz. If only beautiful women would come running at the snap of my fingers

          I also forgot to mention something about the soundtrack. Most of the songs are familiar, but I'm sure y'all have checked youtube if there's one you haven't heard. But youtube doesn't have Buddy Holly singing "Listen to Me." (It's one of his lesser known songs) They have some covers, but not the real McCoy. I can send a PM to anyone who wants the real song.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

          Comment


            Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Scary Kitty, it's been a while. Good luck with your fic.

            Guess Shep still sees it as Lizzie's desk no matter who is sitting behind it.

            And I always admired Lizzie's pocket watch from her pops. (Southern Red has a pic where you can see it on the desk.) The simple silver chain and fob have an understated elegance to it. I would wear it with a suit any day
            Thanks!

            Lizzie's desk, Lizzie's office, Lizzie's city... yeah. John knows who the real Queen of Atlantis is.

            I love pocket watches, they're so classic. And I loved the little backstory behind the watch; those kinds of details really give life to a character, make them more real, more human.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Probie View Post
              He never did this with Sam. He knew that Jack will kick his ass if he did this.
              Besides, John wasn't interested in Sam. At all.

              Originally posted by Probie View Post
              This is not nice. Poor Woolsey.lol
              *snickers* Hey, back when we 'thonned Misbegotten, didn't someone say something about Woolsey and Caldwell trading tips for how to keep their bald spots nice and shiny?

              Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Liz was checking John's muscles behind his T-shirt or....Oh no, I can't say that. It's a little pervert.lol
              Mom, what did you do with my brain? Now I'm pervert.lol
              What do you mean, you can't say it? Of course you can say it, we're all perverted here! LOL!

              Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Welcome back!
              Thanks!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Okay, Probie, you thought I had forgotten you special request for the commentary on The Queen, but at last here it is:

                Spoiler:
                Done by Alan McCullough and Brenton Spencer the director. These guys really like their own work. The Queen is Shakespeare. Well granted, Chris Heyerdall is a Shakespearean actor and it shows but dudes please. AM says they felt they needed a Teyla episode at this point because everyone else already had one. WTF?

                One comment interested me greatly. All scripts get rewritten in editing. Well duh. Sparky was always in the editing.

                Chris brings "wit and menace" to Todd. They compliment his subtle facial expressions.

                Much too much talk about axis, eye line and lights.

                Now we also have a Faustian pact. What happened to Shakespeare?

                They think they kept what was being done to Teyla a secret until the big reveal in the episode. I kid you not.

                This episode supposedly defined the Wraith mythology.

                OMG! They killed a wraith queen. Shakespeare! Are these guys smoking crack?

                A network note had them change the script to leave the explanation for WTF was going on until later in the episode. That explains so much.

                On Rachel. She is "so strong" as the Wraith queen. Much praise for her being such a trooper and acting like a real leader, setting an example, etc. The fight with the wraith was disappointing. The actor playing the commander had a serious reaction to the contacts and couldn't see. The fight looked fake so they shortened it. (Bam Bam has said they shortened it because RL was tired.)

                They thought seriously about having Teyla go all wraithified but decided that it was betrayed just in her look that she was feeling the wraith power. There was another moment earlier when she stared at her hand when she was a wraith but they cut it because the scene was too long. (Or maybe because that would have made the last scene actually make sense.)

                Laughed about Shep being a joker when he teased her in the last scene.


                Pardon my sarcasm throughout but these guys were just so proud of themselves I almost fell over laughing. And they genuinely seem to value Rachel and the character of Teyla, so I hope this makes her fans feel better. Shep, on the other hand, is evidently just there for the lol's.
                *snerks* Speaking of TPTW feeling proud of themselves, I can't wait to read what you have to say about the commentary on Brain Storm...

                The dumbing down of Sheppard continues. It's so depressing. Without Elizabeth's presence, he's lost his gravitas and been relegated to the dumb jock role.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  He never did this with Sam. He knew that Jack will kick his ass if he did this.
                  *grins*
                  So true

                  Imagines scenario:

                  Spoiler:
                  Shep & Sam are on Earth, in Jack's office.
                  SAM: Sir, Colonel Sheppard needs to learn military protocol again. He sat down on my desk.
                  Jack turns to Shep, glaring madly.
                  JACK: What the hell were you thinking? Sitting on my wife's desk? That's my spot!
                  SAM (panicked): Jack!!
                  Shep (surprised): Wife, sir?
                  Jack curses madly: Alright, let's make a deal Sheppard. I won't kick your ass and then demote it for breaking military protocol if you don't tell anyone about what you heard here.
                  SHEP: Is there anything I should have heard, sir.
                  JACK: I knew there was a reason I liked you. Just don't ever sit on her desk again.
                  SHEP: Understood, sir


                  Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  Liz was checking John's muscles behind his T-shirt or....Oh no, I can't say that. It's a little pervert.lol
                  Mom, what did you do with my brain? Now I'm pervert.lol
                  Mind in gutter... no problem: we all have that... and I think we're all thinking about the same body part

                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Wow, y'all have been busy little bees while I was away! Congratulations and kudos to everyone who posted all those fantastic fics and pictures, they were wonderful! I'm probably going to be cutting back my time here just a little bit so I can work on the Big Bang fic of doom, but don't worry, I'm not leaving.

                  I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, 'cause I sure did! Hot dogs, beer, fireworks, and even a little bit of ficcage! Hooray! Gah, and now I've got the image of a Fourth of July barbecue on Atlantis, complete with fireworks... of many kinds! *shoos plot bunny away*

                  Since today is Canon Monday, I'll drop off this lesson to live by: No matter how much mud that TPTW and the naysayers try to throw, canon is still Sparky's best friend.
                  *huggles SK*
                  I missed you!! And I was beginning to worry about you... Glad to see you're ok
                  Maybe you can intertwine that 4th of July plotbunny into your bigbang story

                  Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                  You guys are making me want to write something Sparky
                  *grins*
                  Go for it, we're not stopping you

                  Sig by me

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    I love pocket watches, they're so classic. And I loved the little backstory behind the watch; those kinds of details really give life to a character, make them more real, more human.
                    Just a shame tptb never took real advantage of those backstories

                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    *snickers* Hey, back when we 'thonned Misbegotten, didn't someone say something about Woolsey and Caldwell trading tips for how to keep their bald spots nice and shiny?
                    *dies laughing*
                    Whoever said that is brilliant
                    And somebody should write a fic about that... preferably with Liz and John overhearing

                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Shep, on the other hand, is evidently just there for the lol's.
                    Wasn't he there for the lol's for most of s5?
                    Cause he wasn't much of a main character...

                    Sig by me

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                      *grins*
                      So true

                      Imagines scenario:

                      Spoiler:
                      Shep & Sam are on Earth, in Jack's office.
                      SAM: Sir, Colonel Sheppard needs to learn military protocol again. He sat down on my desk.
                      Jack turns to Shep, glaring madly.
                      JACK: What the hell were you thinking? Sitting on my wife's desk? That's my spot!
                      SAM (panicked): Jack!!
                      Shep (surprised): Wife, sir?
                      Jack curses madly: Alright, let's make a deal Sheppard. I won't kick your ass and then demote it for breaking military protocol if you don't tell anyone about what you heard here.
                      SHEP: Is there anything I should have heard, sir.
                      JACK: I knew there was a reason I liked you. Just don't ever sit on her desk again.
                      SHEP: Understood, sir




                      Mind in gutter... no problem: we all have that... and I think we're all thinking about the same body part



                      *huggles SK*
                      I missed you!! And I was beginning to worry about you... Glad to see you're ok
                      Maybe you can intertwine that 4th of July plotbunny into your bigbang story



                      *grins*
                      Go for it, we're not stopping you
                      lol on that Jack scene...I could so see that happening...and I'm not good at writing Sparky I can write others fine but I can't write Sparky But I still love them! ((()))

                      My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        *snerks* Speaking of TPTW feeling proud of themselves, I can't wait to read what you have to say about the commentary on Brain Storm...

                        The dumbing down of Sheppard continues. It's so depressing. Without Elizabeth's presence, he's lost his gravitas and been relegated to the dumb jock role.
                        Oh hell no. Surely you aren't expecting me to listen to that. I'll go only so far for this thread. Maybe if everyone begs. And I have lots of alcohol.
                        sigpic

                        Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Oh hell no. Surely you aren't expecting me to listen to that. I'll go only so far for this thread. Maybe if everyone begs. And I have lots of alcohol.
                          *sends scotch and cigars*

                          Do you want some smut too? I think we need a fic on "John doing something special".
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Okay, Probie, you thought I had forgotten you special request for the commentary on The Queen, but at last here it is:

                            Spoiler:
                            Done by Alan McCullough and Brenton Spencer the director. These guys really like their own work. The Queen is Shakespeare. Well granted, Chris Heyerdall is a Shakespearean actor and it shows but dudes please. AM says they felt they needed a Teyla episode at this point because everyone else already had one. WTF?

                            One comment interested me greatly. All scripts get rewritten in editing. Well duh. Sparky was always in the editing.

                            Chris brings "wit and menace" to Todd. They compliment his subtle facial expressions.

                            Much too much talk about axis, eye line and lights.

                            Now we also have a Faustian pact. What happened to Shakespeare?

                            They think they kept what was being done to Teyla a secret until the big reveal in the episode. I kid you not.

                            This episode supposedly defined the Wraith mythology.

                            OMG! They killed a wraith queen. Shakespeare! Are these guys smoking crack?

                            A network note had them change the script to leave the explanation for WTF was going on until later in the episode. That explains so much.

                            On Rachel. She is "so strong" as the Wraith queen. Much praise for her being such a trooper and acting like a real leader, setting an example, etc. The fight with the wraith was disappointing. The actor playing the commander had a serious reaction to the contacts and couldn't see. The fight looked fake so they shortened it. (Bam Bam has said they shortened it because RL was tired.)

                            They thought seriously about having Teyla go all wraithified but decided that it was betrayed just in her look that she was feeling the wraith power. There was another moment earlier when she stared at her hand when she was a wraith but they cut it because the scene was too long. (Or maybe because that would have made the last scene actually make sense.)

                            Laughed about Shep being a joker when he teased her in the last scene.


                            Pardon my sarcasm throughout but these guys were just so proud of themselves I almost fell over laughing. And they genuinely seem to value Rachel and the character of Teyla, so I hope this makes her fans feel better. Shep, on the other hand, is evidently just there for the lol's.
                            Oh cool! Thanks. I like this episode because of Rachel. For once, she has something to do. It's a shame that it's just 1 episode in 5 years.

                            Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                            SR suggested "heyyyyy" from da Fonz. If only beautiful women would come running at the snap of my fingers

                            I also forgot to mention something about the soundtrack. Most of the songs are familiar, but I'm sure y'all have checked youtube if there's one you haven't heard. But youtube doesn't have Buddy Holly singing "Listen to Me." (It's one of his lesser known songs) They have some covers, but not the real McCoy. I can send a PM to anyone who wants the real song.
                            Can you send a PM, please? I would love to hear the real song.

                            Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            *grins*
                            So true

                            Imagines scenario:

                            Spoiler:
                            Shep & Sam are on Earth, in Jack's office.
                            SAM: Sir, Colonel Sheppard needs to learn military protocol again. He sat down on my desk.
                            Jack turns to Shep, glaring madly.
                            JACK: What the hell were you thinking? Sitting on my wife's desk? That's my spot!
                            SAM (panicked): Jack!!
                            Shep (surprised): Wife, sir?
                            Jack curses madly: Alright, let's make a deal Sheppard. I won't kick your ass and then demote it for breaking military protocol if you don't tell anyone about what you heard here.
                            SHEP: Is there anything I should have heard, sir.
                            JACK: I knew there was a reason I liked you. Just don't ever sit on her desk again.
                            SHEP: Understood, sir



                            Mind in gutter... no problem: we all have that... and I think we're all thinking about the same body part


                            *huggles SK*
                            I missed you!! And I was beginning to worry about you... Glad to see you're ok
                            Maybe you can intertwine that 4th of July plotbunny into your bigbang story



                            *grins*
                            Go for it, we're not stopping you
                            I was talking about his hands.... lol
                            No seriously, we have all the same strange mind.
                            I love the little scene between John, Jack and Sam.

                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Oh hell no. Surely you aren't expecting me to listen to that. I'll go only so far for this thread. Maybe if everyone begs. And I have lots of alcohol.
                            "Brain storm" is when Rodney and Keller are on Earth? I don't remember this episode. I have to re-watch the season 5 one day.lol
                            If it's the case, you have to be brave. I know you can do that. You are strong. You can listen the commentary. Drink a lot of alcohol, think is just 40min in your life and there are worse in the life (Harmony, Trio, Whispers....season 4 lol).
                            Everything will be fine....I hope.lol
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              *sends scotch and cigars*

                              Do you want some smut too? I think we need a fic on "John doing something special".
                              I'll take the scotch. Shep and Wooley can keep the cigars.

                              Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Oh cool! Thanks. I like this episode because of Rachel. For once, she has something to do. It's a shame that it's just 1 episode in 5 years.



                              Can you send a PM, please? I would love to hear the real song.



                              I was talking about his hands.... lol
                              No seriously, we have all the same strange mind.
                              I love the little scene between John, Jack and Sam.



                              "Brain storm" is when Rodney and Keller are on Earth? I don't remember this episode. I have to re-watch the season 5 one day.lol
                              If it's the case, you have to be brave. I know you can do that. You are strong. You can listen the commentary. Drink a lot of alcohol, think is just 40min in your life and there are worse in the life (Harmony, Trio, Whispers....season 4 lol).
                              Everything will be fine....I hope.lol
                              Thanks for the pep talk, but I have to fortify myself first. And I liked Harmony and didn't mind Trio and Whispers. Brainstorm is just beyond bad. Maybe tomorrow. Now I'm off to do DV. Alan and Andy Mikita. I really like Alan McCullough. He does a good job in these.
                              sigpic

                              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                *grins*
                                Maxwell was always eying Fran's legs, wasn't he?
                                Makes you wonder what Liz was checking out
                                The rear part of John, obviously. He does have a very neat gluteus maximus.

                                Spoiler:


                                And really manly boxers too
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X