Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Well, there's my problem. I listen mostly to country. *waves at Anuna*

I just found a new Mary Chapin Carpenter song Bright Morning Star You can listen on that link also. It's angsty enough to make you suicidal but dang if it isn't Sparky all over from John's perspective. I would never survive vidding it.

Why does that line make me think about a Bruce Springstein song? I'm in a funny mood today. Maybe because I'm about to go for my mammogram. The fun never ends when you're over 40.

I never watched BSG but have seen Mary McDonnell on Grey's Anatomy and just recently on The Closer. She's a great actress who plays a ***** better than anyone I've ever seen but for some reason I don't like watching her either. Odd that.
    Because it does sound like Springsteen song? I'm listening to him day in and day out lately, and I just can't help myself for finding lots of Shep in his songs - like in Dancing in the dark - I don't know why, but my mental Shep simply fits into that guy who's "tired and bored with himself" and thinks you "can't start a fire without a spark". Or this song - "Better days" -- there's something about that line "I've got a new suit of clothes and a pretty red rose, a woman I can call my friend"; and it rings true for John. In my mind, he's a simple man who needs simple things. I know John's love for Johnny Cash is canon, but I can easily imagine him being, say, Springsteen and The Eagles fan.

And speaking about John and Johnny Cash... how about self pimping, for the folks who haven't seen this? It's my video, to Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt"
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I'm not too big on Coldplay, they're too.... depressive for me. But that song is full of some quiet rage and defiance and it just rocks.
      Coldplay depressive? How weird... their songs always cheer me up...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Coldplay depressive? How weird... their songs always cheer me up...
        Bruce Springsteen is my pick me up music. And I listen to Robbie Williams when I'm really really furious

Comment

Well, there's my problem. I listen mostly to country. *waves at Anuna*

snippy...
          Why does that line make me think about a Bruce Springstein song? I'm in a funny mood today.
          Because it does sound like Springsteen song? I'm listening to him day in and day out lately, and I just can't help myself for finding lots of Shep in his songs
          snip...
          there's something about that line "I've got a new suit of clothes and a pretty red rose, a woman I can call my friend"; and it rings true for John. In my mind, he's a simple man who needs simple things. I know John's love for Johnny Cash is canon, but I can easily imagine him being, say, Springsteen and The Eagles fan.

And speaking about John and Johnny Cash... how about self pimping, for the folks who haven't seen this? It's my video, to Johnny Cash's version of "Hurt"
          I know where y'all are coming from. Mom being from Rocky Top, in the house it was stuff like Reba, Dolly, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, etc. Dad being from the South Side of Chicago, in the garage it was Styx, AC/DC, Aerosmith, CCR, Clapton (hence my fancy for Layla), Eagles, and Da Boss.

Ah if I could convince Liz to "Just wraps your legs 'round these velvet rims And strap your hands across my engines." (Born to Run) Nice hurt vid.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Bruce Springsteen is my pick me up music. And I listen to Robbie Williams when I'm really really furious
            Robbie Williams when you are furious...why? His songs make me want to dance.
            I love Bruce Springsteen. Sometimes, his songs made me cry.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            I know where y'all are coming from. Mom being from Rocky Top, in the house it was stuff like Reba, Dolly, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, etc. Dad being from the South Side of Chicago, in the garage it was Styx, AC/DC, Aerosmith, CCR, Clapton (hence my fancy for Layla), Eagles, and Da Boss.

Ah if I could convince Liz to "Just wraps your legs 'round these velvet rims And strap your hands across my engines." (Born to Run) Nice hurt vid.
            Hum...My mom and dad don't listen music like this. They listen portuguese songs and I can tell you that the Portuguese are not very...how to say nicely....talented for this.lol
            My brother and sisters listened rock songs when I was young. So now I'm a big fan of Led Zep, The Who, Bowie, Depeche mode, Radiohead, Aerosmith...
            My mom thinks I'm a "junkie" since she saw me listening to this song.
            I don't know why...
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Oooooo, Eagles, CCR, Da Boss! *bows* I love them too. I once spoke to some guy from USA and he was all shocked I was a fan of Springsteen.

Born to Run is great, another uplifting song. Thank you for the vid comment. Probably the best one I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post

Hum...My mom and dad don't listen music like this. They listen portuguese songs and I can tell you that the Portuguese are not very...how to say nicely....talented for this.lol
                My brother and sisters listened rock songs when I was young. So now I'm a big fan of Led Zep, The Who, Bowie, Depeche mode, Radiohead, Aerosmith...
                I don't know why...
                ARGH, you hell! I hate it, I can't see that song, the page won't let me. What is it?

Comment

ARGH, you hell! I hate it, I can't see that song, the page won't let me. What is it?
                  Radiohead-Pyramid song
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2VzLn6DMCE
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank youuuu! I like being introduced to new music.

Now I'm outta here. Housework is calling me

Comment

Because it does sound like Springsteen song? I'm listening to him day in and day out lately, and I just can't help myself for finding lots of Shep in his songs - like in Dancing in the dark - I don't know why, but my mental Shep simply fits into that guy who's "tired and bored with himself" and thinks you "can't start a fire without a spark". Or this song - "Better days" -- there's something about that line "I've got a new suit of clothes and a pretty red rose, a woman I can call my friend"; and it rings true for John. In my mind, he's a simple man who needs simple things. I know John's love for Johnny Cash is canon, but I can easily imagine him being, say, Springsteen and The Eagles fan.

Or I'm On Fire . I think that vid would work better with an actor...you know an actor with messy hair...and...uh...scruff. Just sayin'.

Even though I am 90% country, I also love the Eagles and the Boss and pretty much anything done before the 90's except heavy medal or whatever you younguns are calling it nowadays. Oh and rap. OMG! Just no.

I don't know why...
                      Did you know you have the same taste in music as Joe Flanigan? He's a huge Led Zep fan along with pretty much anything loud and what I call carcrash music. He once said he and his wife fight over the radio in the car because she likes the lush romantic ballads and he hates them. Sadly, I have finally found something less than perfect about the man. In my eyes anyway. LOL
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Or I'm On Fire . I think that vid would work better with an actor...you know an actor with messy hair...and...uh...scruff. Just sayin'.

Did you know you have the same taste in music as Joe Flanigan? He's a huge Led Zep fan along with pretty much anything loud and what I call carcrash music. He once said he and his wife fight over the radio in the car because she likes the lush romantic ballads and he hates them. Sadly, I have finally found something less than perfect about the man. In my eyes anyway. LOL
                        I still listen to my parent's old vinyls of Zepplin and Black Sabbath. The mushiest I go is Styx "Show me the Way". I like the story about the radio. I was driving in the city with my girl and Spread Your Wings by Queen came on. She said, "Queen is boring." I thought about kicking her out around Wabash and Roosevelt. Instead I just turned up the radio loud as it could go, rolled down the window, and starting singing along. Hey, my truck, my music.
                        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Thank youuuu! I like being introduced to new music.

Now I'm outta here. Housework is calling me
                          Radiohead is a great group. I listen their songs when I'm stressed. It relaxes me.

Runner
                          Before I start, thank you everyone for your comment on my report. My mom and I are happy to see that we are stars here.lol

First scene with Lorne and Dr Parrish.
                          Kavan Smith is handsome. My mom has a crush for him. She can’t stop asking me “He’s in the next episode huh? We will see him more huh?”
                          “Williamsonia suardiana » They can’t give others names for plants.
                          They find a dead Wraith. And Hello Ford!
                          Opening credits:
                          My mom and I sang. We have beautiful voices. lol
                          Elizabeth’s office:
                          My mother (almost) fainted when she saw John and Lorne in the same room. I can understand but I must remind her that she is married and very happy with her husband. I think she didn’t listen to me.lol
                          She said when she saw Teyla “Belly on legs is here. She's already a beautiful woman. She doesn't need this type of clothing."
                          Rodney is funny in this scene.
                          Corridor:
                          Nice scene between John and Caldwell. (= scene between Sheppard and Carter in…I don’t remember the name of the episode but it was in the season 4)
                          “SHEPPARD: Look, I'm gonna find HER, and I'm gonna bring HER back.”
                          Yes again I change the line. He’s talking about Elizabeth here.
                          I love Caldwell in this scene and the tension between them. Caldwell reminds him that he’s his superior. John is so pissed.
                          Planet:
                          My mom said anything here because she was concentrate on Lorne.lol
                          “SHEPPARD: It smells like I'm on vacation. /McKAY: Mmm, could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter? SHEPPARD: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you. /McKAY: Like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?”
                          Important information: John smells good. Elizabeth bought him the Aqua Velva
                          David is hilarious here. Lorne have to stay with Mckay “LORNE: Oh, lucky me!” Poor him.
                          Later:
                          We learn that Rodney is not a friend of Ford. It’s not a surprise but he could make efforts to talk to him.
                          Bye Teyla and John. We can see the “belly” (strange picture lol) of John when he falls.
                          Atlantis:
                          Little scene with Elizabeth. She’s not really worried for the moment.
                          Jumper:
                          Teyla and John are tied together. When John said “Ford?”, my mom rolled her eyes “This man has no memory or he’s blind. Ford is his friend and he thinks this man is his friend. Oh, I see the resemblance.lol” Like Teal'c and Hermiod.lol
                          Jumper:
                          Rodney with his radiation suit. He loves this type of clothes.
                          “RODNEY:As it is, I may have to forego reproducing. /LORNE: Yeah, that's funny – I was just thinkin' that might be wise.” But Lorne has to reproduce himself.
                          I love the scenes between them. My mom didn’t say anything again. She was busy “drooling over” Lorne. Oh yes, she said something: “Lorne must remove these clothes because it's hot in this planet.” I will say that to daddy.
                          “SHEPPARD: What the hell are you doing?! /TEYLA: Getting my hand free. /SHEPPARD: Didn't feel that way!” John is happy, Sheyla are happy. I want to be Teyla for this scene just for touch the…hmm…Back to the episode.lol

TBC
                          sigpic

Comment

I still listen to my parent's old vinyls of Zepplin and Black Sabbath. The mushiest I go is Styx "Show me the Way". I like the story about the radio. I was driving in the city with my girl and Spread Your Wings by Queen came on. She said, "Queen is boring." I thought about kicking her out around Wabash and Roosevelt. Instead I just turned up the radio loud as it could go, rolled down the window, and starting singing along. Hey, my truck, my music.
                            Luckily over the years I have converted my husband to country, but he still hates the twangy stuff. Right now he's more into the Celtic than I am. I love the vocals but the instrumentals all sound alike. Last time I drove his truck to the Home Depot it was like someone was trying to kill a cat the whole way there and I couldn't make it stop. LOL But he's better than my son who listens to bagpipe music in his car. Those two types of music are only for live performances to me.

Radiohead is a great group. I listen their songs when I'm stressed. It relaxes me.

Runner
                            Before I start, thank you everyone for your comment on my report. My mom and I are happy to see that we are stars here.lol

First scene with Lorne and Dr Parrish.
                            Kavan Smith is handsome. My mom has a crush for him. She can’t stop asking me “He’s in the next episode huh? We will see him more huh?”
                            “Williamsonia suardiana » They can’t give others names for plants.
                            They find a dead Wraith. And Hello Ford!
                            Opening credits:
                            My mom and I sang. We have beautiful voices. lol
                            Elizabeth’s office:
                            My mother (almost) fainted when she saw John and Lorne in the same room. I can understand but I must remind her that she is married and very happy with her husband. I think she didn’t listen to me.lol
                            She said when she saw Teyla “Belly on legs is here. She's already a beautiful woman. She doesn't need this type of clothing."
                            Rodney is funny in this scene.
                            Corridor:
                            Nice scene between John and Caldwell. (= scene between Sheppard and Carter in…I don’t remember the name of the episode but it was in the season 4)
                            “SHEPPARD: Look, I'm gonna find HER, and I'm gonna bring HER back.”
                            Yes again I change the line. He’s talking about Elizabeth here.
                            I love Caldwell in this scene and the tension between them. Caldwell reminds him that he’s his superior. John is so pissed.
                            Planet:
                            My mom said anything here because she was concentrate on Lorne.lol
                            “SHEPPARD: It smells like I'm on vacation. /McKAY: Mmm, could it be the simulated tropical aroma of cocoa butter? SHEPPARD: Strong enough for anyone within five miles to smell you. /McKAY: Like they haven't been tipped off by the Aqua Velva?”
                            Important information: John smells good. Elizabeth bought him the Aqua Velva
                            David is hilarious here. Lorne have to stay with Mckay “LORNE: Oh, lucky me!” Poor him.
                            Later:
                            We learn that Rodney is not a friend of Ford. It’s not a surprise but he could make efforts to talk to him.
                            Bye Teyla and John. We can see the “belly” (strange picture lol) of John when he falls.
                            Atlantis:
                            Little scene with Elizabeth. She’s not really worried for the moment.
                            Jumper:
                            Teyla and John are tied together. When John said “Ford?”, my mom rolled her eyes “This man has no memory or he’s blind. Ford is his friend and he thinks this man is his friend. Oh, I see the resemblance.lol” Like Teal'c and Hermiod.lol
                            Jumper:
                            Rodney with his radiation suit. He loves this type of clothes.
                            “RODNEY:As it is, I may have to forego reproducing. /LORNE: Yeah, that's funny – I was just thinkin' that might be wise.” But Lorne has to reproduce himself.
                            I love the scenes between them. My mom didn’t say anything again. She was busy “drooling over” Lorne. Oh yes, she said something: “Lorne must remove these clothes because it's hot in this planet.” I will say that to daddy.
                            “SHEPPARD: What the hell are you doing?! /TEYLA: Getting my hand free. /SHEPPARD: Didn't feel that way!” John is happy, Sheyla are happy. I want to be Teyla for this scene just for touch the…hmm…Back to the episode.lol

TBC
                            Hopefully, Elizabeth wouldn't buy John Aqua Velva. It doesn't smell bad but it's the stuff people's grandpas use. LOL

And wait until your mom sees Teyla's maternity clothes. LOL
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh I love this man! I can be his wife.lol
                              I would like to dance with him on I can't quit you baby
                              Led Zep is not always "loud" or a carcrash music. For example this song: Going to California

I always say that when I am in my car with someone.lol
                              You listen Black Sabbath with M. Osbourne... You are brave.lol
                              Last edited by Probie; 24 June 2009, 08:44 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hopefully, Elizabeth wouldn't buy John Aqua Velva. It doesn't smell bad but it's the stuff people's grandpas use. LOL

And wait until your mom sees Teyla's maternity clothes. LOL
                                LOL oups...sorry. I didn't know for Aqua Velva. I saw the episode in french and there is no Aqua Velva in the dialog just a line who says that John smells good. I saw "Aqua Velva" on the transcript.
                                Ok so important information: John smells not good.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X