Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    So... this morning I woke up with this sentence buzzing around in my head: I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
    And of course it didn't let go and this drabble sprouted from it.
    It's unbeta'd, so be kind

Spoiler:
    I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
    Atlantis: now city of the Lanteans.
    My parents came here as strangers to this world, this city and this galaxy. It quickly became their home though and the people in this galaxy started looking towards Atlantis and its residents as a beacon of hope. As a final solution to the Wraith and the Asurans.
    The Asurans are wiped out now and the Wraith are barely none existent. I know I owe the peace I grew up with to my parents and their colleagues… friends… family.
    That’s what we are now: one large family.
    All the people that moved here from Earth found a home here and people who cared about them and people they cared about.
    My parents have told me dozens of stories from before I was born: how they got settled here, how my mother had to fight to keep control of the city, how she fought to keep my dad in his position and how they both fought to keep Atlantis in Pegasus, how they fought the Wraith, how my dad nearly got killed more than once, how he nearly lost my mom to the Asurans and so many more stories.
    I have never seen Earth and I really don’t have to. This city is my home. A home Earth could never be.
    Atlantis is completely self ruling now. My mom has been in charge for nearly 25 years. And today I will take over that responsibility from her.
    I’m a true Pegasus child. I have the strong ATA gene that I inherited from my dad and I have inert nanites in my body that my mom unwillingly passed along when she was pregnant with me. Teyla and Ronon trained me in most of the fighting techniques they know. I’m one of the best jumper pilots in the team. I know my city by heart and McKay and Zelenka have thought me everything they know about its technology. My mom thought me the finer art of negotiating while my dad thought me how to efficiently use a gun. I speak five languages fluently: English, Ancient, Wraith, Genii and Hyuno, the language the Travelers use.
    And now, on the dawn of my 20th birthday, my mother is passing the torch of ruler of Atlantis over to me.
    I honestly admit that I’m nervous. I have watched her carry that burden for so long, but she was never alone. Not really. My dad has always stood by her side and as I watch them now, as they are standing on their favorite balcony, right outside of the control room, I know I will need someone who loves me unconditionally to support me and help me through all the **** that will surely happen.
    I may have found someone like that in Ginny McKay. I know I love her, but will we last like my parents did? Will we save each other’s lives? Will we be able to risk everything we have and are for each other?
    It won’t be easy. I know that well enough. But my mother prepared me for the worst and I will be forever grateful for that.
    I’m still watching them. His arm is around her shoulder, her arm is around his waist and her head is resting on his shoulder while he lays a kiss on her head. I have never known them not loving each other, even when they were fighting, you could still clearly feel the love they share.
    Ginny takes my hand and her smile makes my heart beat faster. I promised myself I will ask her to marry me if we can survive one year of me ruling the city. If we can survive that, I’m positive we can survive the rest too.
    I hear the balcony doors open and turn to my parents who now stand in front of me, both wearing proud smiles on their faces. My mother takes my arm and guides me down the stairs, towards the gate, where several people are waiting for the ceremony to begin. Dad and Ginny follow us closely.
    My mother starts the ceremony with a small speech, thanking everyone for their trust in her and hoping that trust will last when I take over. Then she turns back to me. A console comes up in front of us and for some reason a sudden calmness overtakes me. I just know everything will work out.
    “Do you, Jason Ronon Sheppard, take the responsibly over this city and its inhabitants? Do you promise to protect both with your live and rule as a fair and just leader?”
    “I do.”
    She points to the console and I put my hand on it. “Then I, Elizabeth Weir Sheppard, now officially give my leadership in the hands of Jason Ronon Sheppard.”
    A green light appears under my hand which signals the city also accepts me.
    “Congratulations.” The pride in my mom’s voice is obvious and the next second dad nearly tackles me in a bear hug.
    Atlantis is now officially in the hands of the next generation and somehow I know we will keep the city and the Pegasus Galaxy safe, just like our parents did.
    EXCELLENT!!! As always...

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I just found this vid . Anyone who doubts Sparky, if there are any doubters left, should watch this. The idea that they would each sacrifice themselves to save the other has never been presented better.

And at no time did canon have to be twisted to fit the vidders perception of the ship. Lovely.
    OH MY GOD! Placebo and Sparky...Everything I love
    I had to watch the video twice because the first time I closed my eyes and I sang. lol Nice video which shows that Sparky is indeed present in SGA.
    Thank you for the link.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

So... this morning I woke up with this sentence buzzing around in my head: I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
      And of course it didn't let go and this drabble sprouted from it.
      It's unbeta'd, so be kind

Spoiler:
      I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
      Atlantis: now city of the Lanteans.
      My parents came here as strangers to this world, this city and this galaxy. It quickly became their home though and the people in this galaxy started looking towards Atlantis and its residents as a beacon of hope. As a final solution to the Wraith and the Asurans.
      The Asurans are wiped out now and the Wraith are barely none existent. I know I owe the peace I grew up with to my parents and their colleagues… friends… family.
      That’s what we are now: one large family.
      All the people that moved here from Earth found a home here and people who cared about them and people they cared about.
      My parents have told me dozens of stories from before I was born: how they got settled here, how my mother had to fight to keep control of the city, how she fought to keep my dad in his position and how they both fought to keep Atlantis in Pegasus, how they fought the Wraith, how my dad nearly got killed more than once, how he nearly lost my mom to the Asurans and so many more stories.
      I have never seen Earth and I really don’t have to. This city is my home. A home Earth could never be.
      Atlantis is completely self ruling now. My mom has been in charge for nearly 25 years. And today I will take over that responsibility from her.
      I’m a true Pegasus child. I have the strong ATA gene that I inherited from my dad and I have inert nanites in my body that my mom unwillingly passed along when she was pregnant with me. Teyla and Ronon trained me in most of the fighting techniques they know. I’m one of the best jumper pilots in the team. I know my city by heart and McKay and Zelenka have thought me everything they know about its technology. My mom thought me the finer art of negotiating while my dad thought me how to efficiently use a gun. I speak five languages fluently: English, Ancient, Wraith, Genii and Hyuno, the language the Travelers use.
      And now, on the dawn of my 20th birthday, my mother is passing the torch of ruler of Atlantis over to me.
      I honestly admit that I’m nervous. I have watched her carry that burden for so long, but she was never alone. Not really. My dad has always stood by her side and as I watch them now, as they are standing on their favorite balcony, right outside of the control room, I know I will need someone who loves me unconditionally to support me and help me through all the **** that will surely happen.
      I may have found someone like that in Ginny McKay. I know I love her, but will we last like my parents did? Will we save each other’s lives? Will we be able to risk everything we have and are for each other?
      It won’t be easy. I know that well enough. But my mother prepared me for the worst and I will be forever grateful for that.
      I’m still watching them. His arm is around her shoulder, her arm is around his waist and her head is resting on his shoulder while he lays a kiss on her head. I have never known them not loving each other, even when they were fighting, you could still clearly feel the love they share.
      Ginny takes my hand and her smile makes my heart beat faster. I promised myself I will ask her to marry me if we can survive one year of me ruling the city. If we can survive that, I’m positive we can survive the rest too.
      I hear the balcony doors open and turn to my parents who now stand in front of me, both wearing proud smiles on their faces. My mother takes my arm and guides me down the stairs, towards the gate, where several people are waiting for the ceremony to begin. Dad and Ginny follow us closely.
      My mother starts the ceremony with a small speech, thanking everyone for their trust in her and hoping that trust will last when I take over. Then she turns back to me. A console comes up in front of us and for some reason a sudden calmness overtakes me. I just know everything will work out.
      “Do you, Jason Ronon Sheppard, take the responsibly over this city and its inhabitants? Do you promise to protect both with your live and rule as a fair and just leader?”
      “I do.”
      She points to the console and I put my hand on it. “Then I, Elizabeth Weir Sheppard, now officially give my leadership in the hands of Jason Ronon Sheppard.”
      A green light appears under my hand which signals the city also accepts me.
      “Congratulations.” The pride in my mom’s voice is obvious and the next second dad nearly tackles me in a bear hug.
      Atlantis is now officially in the hands of the next generation and somehow I know we will keep the city and the Pegasus Galaxy safe, just like our parents did.
      *claps* That was wonderful! It's funny, because in the few SGA: Babies paragraphs I've written (for a story that will never be published) your character shares many of the same traits as mine, so I was sorta going 'WOW' we all think alike!

Until I got to the part with the character being in love with Ginny McKay and I thought 'that very forward-thinking'.

Then I realized you were writing about a boy. My John/Elizabeth progeny is a girl.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        EXCELLENT!!! As always...

OH MY GOD! Placebo and Sparky...Everything I love
        I had to watch the video twice because the first time I closed my eyes and I sang. lol Nice video which shows that Sparky is indeed present in SGA.
        Thank you for the link.
        Any time. I don't know Placebo but I've heard that song somewhere and thought Sparky. Perfect combo.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*waits impatiently*
          Will it make you feel better if I give you a chapter tomorrow? The way things are shaping up, there's going to be 11 chapters. I hope that's not too long, the way I write there's always lots of white space in chapters.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
            Will it make you feel better if I give you a chapter tomorrow? The way things are shaping up, there's going to be 11 chapters. I hope that's not too long, the way I write there's always lots of white space in chapters.
            What do you think of when you say "white space"? I'm looking forward to new chapter too! And eleven chapters? Wooo hooo!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Any time. I don't know Placebo but I've heard that song somewhere and thought Sparky. Perfect combo.
              I think this rock band is not well known at the USA. This is not the first Sparky vid with this song.
              I change the subject but I am sooooo happyyyyy!!!!! I found a job!!!!!
              I can't stop smiling.lol I'm happpppppppppppppyyyy!!!!!

Sorry for my madness....
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                What do you think of when you say "white space"? I'm looking forward to new chapter too! And eleven chapters? Wooo hooo!
                White space is my own term. It's just space on the page where there is no text. I use line spaces between paragraphs and quotes in a conversation. It takes much more pages, but I think it provides for an easier read.

Probie congrats on the job. Being laid off at the steel mill sucks. But I do have more time to play with y'all.

Comment

I think this rock band is not well known at the USA. This is not the first Sparky vid with this song.

Sorry for my madness....

OMG! Congratulations, Probie!!!! Sparky partyyyyyy!!!!!

Comment

White space is my own term. It's just space on the page where there is no text. I use line spaces between paragraphs and quotes in a conversation. It takes much more pages, but I think it provides for an easier read.

Probie congrats on the job. Being laid off at the steel mill sucks. But I do have more time to play with y'all.
                    Ah! You mean space between paragraphs. Yes, it does make things easier to read, and I'm very thankful to the person who taught me that. *nods*

Comment

Ah! You mean space between paragraphs. Yes, it does make things easier to read, and I'm very thankful to the person who taught me that. *nods*
                      Youuuuuu betcha ya. Glad you like it. I indent everything too for the same reasons. But Command Dynamics gets rid of them.

Comment

Hm, I'm not impressed by that Placebo's song. The vid is very good, but it's just not my kind of music.

Gosh, I used to make decent videos. I must make myself make one again. My current project, for which I'm still cutting clips is for Springsteen's song "The Wrestler", but I'd love to vid "Viva la vida". Someone I don't know made Adama/Roslin vid to that song, and although they're not my favorite ship in the world (actually my dislike of Roslin is quite big), the vid rocks. Check it out.

Comment

Youuuuuu betcha ya. Glad you like it. I indent everything too for the same reasons. But Command Dynamics gets rid of them.
                          CD and their coding can be evil. Have you tried Live Journal? (also, thank you for the comment you left

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            *claps* That was wonderful! It's funny, because in the few SGA: Babies paragraphs I've written (for a story that will never be published) your character shares many of the same traits as mine, so I was sorta going 'WOW' we all think alike!

Until I got to the part with the character being in love with Ginny McKay and I thought 'that very forward-thinking'.

Then I realized you were writing about a boy. My John/Elizabeth progeny is a girl.
                            Lol, alike and yet not
                            I was actually thinking, while I was writing it: 'would some people think the kid is female and therefore gay? Probably' It made me grin, so I just continued writing

*grins*
                            There can never be enough chapters in a Sparky fic
                            *waits impatiently for new chapter*

Gosh, I used to make decent videos. I must make myself make one again. My current project, for which I'm still cutting clips is for Springsteen's song "The Wrestler", but I'd love to vid "Viva la vida". Someone I don't know made Adama/Roslin vid to that song, and although they're not my favorite ship in the world (actually my dislike of Roslin is quite big), the vid rocks. Check it out.
                            *flails* That entire Coldplay CD made me think of Sparky!
                            I *heart* Coldplay!

Sig by me

Comment

I'm not too big on Coldplay, they're too.... depressive for me. But that song is full of some quiet rage and defiance and it just rocks.

Comment

Sorry for my madness....
                                Well, there's my problem. I listen mostly to country. *waves at Anuna*

I just found a new Mary Chapin Carpenter song Bright Morning Star You can listen on that link also. It's angsty enough to make you suicidal but dang if it isn't Sparky all over from John's perspective. I would never survive vidding it.

Why does that line make me think about a Bruce Springstein song? I'm in a funny mood today. Maybe because I'm about to go for my mammogram. The fun never ends when you're over 40.

Hm, I'm not impressed by that Placebo's song. The vid is very good, but it's just not my kind of music.

I never watched BSG but have seen Mary McDonnell on Grey's Anatomy and just recently on The Closer. She's a great actress who plays a ***** better than anyone I've ever seen but for some reason I don't like watching her either. Odd that.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X