Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey my fellow Sparkies!

No I havn't fallen off the face of the earth.. just been really busy.... :: sighs::

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Probie, I want to hug your mom!! She totally gets Sparky from the first second of an episode.... I love her :^)
      And you too of course ;^)
      For the scene at the beginning of the ep in the cafeteria, a lot of people were saying that John and Lizzie were playing footsie... and if you look at their faces, I can't help but agree ;^)
      Same with the 'check the rest later' line and her smile. You just know she'll check it for him... isn't there a fic about that somewhere? I clearly remember reading something like that once *curses crappy memory*

"Hermiod = Teal'c" *dies laughing*
      *reads it again*
      *dies laughing again*
      Why did that take me back to SK's corn dog comment? And I immediately thought of spicy mustard. I cannot believe I said that.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Why did that take me back to SK's corn dog comment? And I immediately thought of spicy mustard. I cannot believe I said that.
        Did you say corn dogs? Add some ferris wheels, a manly display of winning large stuffed animals, and a trip under the boardwalk would make a nice date with Lizzie
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          Did you say corn dogs? Add some ferris wheels, a manly display of winning large stuffed animals, and a trip under the boardwalk would make a nice date with Lizzie
          Yeah, the carnival...that's what I was thinking about...sure...um.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the carnival...that's what I was thinking about...sure...um.
            Oh yes, I bet you were! Looks like I should do some writing ASAP.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I just fixed chapter four our highschool fic. It's actually Jimmy Stewart in Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. So don't start yelling at me
              *goes to read*

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
              Hey my fellow Sparkies!

No I havn't fallen off the face of the earth.. just been really busy.... :: sighs::
              *huggles Yunadax*
              Hope it'll be better for you soon!

Inspiration for your fic maybe?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Oh yes, I bet you were! Looks like I should do some writing ASAP.
              I wholeheartedly agree

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Intruder
                Coffee scene:
                This episode starts well with a scene between John and Elizabeth. There is a lot to say on this.
                It’s the night. Elizabeth is alone in a room. John smiles when he sees her. He’s happy and excited but tries to not show this.
                My mom said: “It is when they want. Give them a bedroom please. All the sexual tension between them is obvious. Their looks are…wow. They devour each other with the eyes.” The last sentence is a French expression. I don’t know if there is an equivalent in English. Definition: Keep your eyes fixedly attached to a person or a thing, with the expression of desire; lay on her eager eyes= Sparky.
                “SHEPPARD: Well, McKay says we're only at the edge of the Pegasus galaxy. You'll be fine once we get back to Atlantis” Go sleep (or do others things) with her and she will be fine NOW.
                I remember seeing someone do a comparison of this scene with dinner scene in S&R. I can’t find the page and I don’t know who did this but it was excellent.
                There are some good pic comparisons (not by me) contained within this thread, and LJ

Walter Skinner A.K.A Caldwell is pissed. I love the tension between Elizabeth and him. It brings something interesting.
                So did I & I wish they had kept it longer than they did. Heck, look at Roslin & Adama in BSG - they played that out for over a season.

He wants to speak with her. She passes front of Sheppard which follows her with his eyes and he smiles. He can't stop watching her. The power of the love....
                I love TH's little smirk as she walks away - stay here while I go kick Caldwells ass

Flashback :[/I]
                Elizabeth knows what Base jumping is. One of her hobbies?
                “WEIR: Carson, you are my chief surgeon. No-one is more qualified than you.” Even Keller is not better than you, Carson…Oups
                Um, you all know my position on Keller (Keller/shield, Keller/airlock, Keller/Walter, Keller/iris, Keller/wraith, Keller/instant death)

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Rodney finds the Wraith virus.
                Later…later…John is in an F-302. He can’t return to the Daedalus. Elizabeth tries to reassure him.
                “WEIR: Don't worry – we're not about to give up on you just yet.” My mom said “Of course, she wants him to come back. I'm sure she broke with Simon. Now she’s free. Brings your ass, Sheppard. ”
                Flashback.
                That would have been a good follow up line
                sigpic

Comment

Probie, I want to hug your mom!! She totally gets Sparky from the first second of an episode.... I love her :^)
                  And you too of course ;^)
                  For the scene at the beginning of the ep in the cafeteria, a lot of people were saying that John and Lizzie were playing footsie... and if you look at their faces, I can't help but agree ;^)
                  Same with the 'check the rest later' line and her smile. You just know she'll check it for him... isn't there a fic about that somewhere? I clearly remember reading something like that once *curses crappy memory*

"Hermiod = Teal'c" *dies laughing*
                  *reads it again*
                  *dies laughing again*

It's entirely possible. If it were a certain other pairing, no doubt a certain producer would have drawn attention to that scene
                  sigpic

Comment

So... this morning I woke up with this sentence buzzing around in my head: I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
                    And of course it didn't let go and this drabble sprouted from it.
                    It's unbeta'd, so be kind

Spoiler:
                    I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
                    Atlantis: now city of the Lanteans.
                    My parents came here as strangers to this world, this city and this galaxy. It quickly became their home though and the people in this galaxy started looking towards Atlantis and its residents as a beacon of hope. As a final solution to the Wraith and the Asurans.
                    The Asurans are wiped out now and the Wraith are barely none existent. I know I owe the peace I grew up with to my parents and their colleagues… friends… family.
                    That’s what we are now: one large family.
                    All the people that moved here from Earth found a home here and people who cared about them and people they cared about.
                    My parents have told me dozens of stories from before I was born: how they got settled here, how my mother had to fight to keep control of the city, how she fought to keep my dad in his position and how they both fought to keep Atlantis in Pegasus, how they fought the Wraith, how my dad nearly got killed more than once, how he nearly lost my mom to the Asurans and so many more stories.
                    I have never seen Earth and I really don’t have to. This city is my home. A home Earth could never be.
                    Atlantis is completely self ruling now. My mom has been in charge for nearly 25 years. And today I will take over that responsibility from her.
                    I’m a true Pegasus child. I have the strong ATA gene that I inherited from my dad and I have inert nanites in my body that my mom unwillingly passed along when she was pregnant with me. Teyla and Ronon trained me in most of the fighting techniques they know. I’m one of the best jumper pilots in the team. I know my city by heart and McKay and Zelenka have thought me everything they know about its technology. My mom thought me the finer art of negotiating while my dad thought me how to efficiently use a gun. I speak five languages fluently: English, Ancient, Wraith, Genii and Hyuno, the language the Travelers use.
                    And now, on the dawn of my 20th birthday, my mother is passing the torch of ruler of Atlantis over to me.
                    I honestly admit that I’m nervous. I have watched her carry that burden for so long, but she was never alone. Not really. My dad has always stood by her side and as I watch them now, as they are standing on their favorite balcony, right outside of the control room, I know I will need someone who loves me unconditionally to support me and help me through all the **** that will surely happen.
                    I may have found someone like that in Ginny McKay. I know I love her, but will we last like my parents did? Will we save each other’s lives? Will we be able to risk everything we have and are for each other?
                    It won’t be easy. I know that well enough. But my mother prepared me for the worst and I will be forever grateful for that.
                    I’m still watching them. His arm is around her shoulder, her arm is around his waist and her head is resting on his shoulder while he lays a kiss on her head. I have never known them not loving each other, even when they were fighting, you could still clearly feel the love they share.
                    Ginny takes my hand and her smile makes my heart beat faster. I promised myself I will ask her to marry me if we can survive one year of me ruling the city. If we can survive that, I’m positive we can survive the rest too.
                    I hear the balcony doors open and turn to my parents who now stand in front of me, both wearing proud smiles on their faces. My mother takes my arm and guides me down the stairs, towards the gate, where several people are waiting for the ceremony to begin. Dad and Ginny follow us closely.
                    My mother starts the ceremony with a small speech, thanking everyone for their trust in her and hoping that trust will last when I take over. Then she turns back to me. A console comes up in front of us and for some reason a sudden calmness overtakes me. I just know everything will work out.
                    “Do you, Jason Ronon Sheppard, take the responsibly over this city and its inhabitants? Do you promise to protect both with your live and rule as a fair and just leader?”
                    “I do.”
                    She points to the console and I put my hand on it. “Then I, Elizabeth Weir Sheppard, now officially give my leadership in the hands of Jason Ronon Sheppard.”
                    A green light appears under my hand which signals the city also accepts me.
                    “Congratulations.” The pride in my mom’s voice is obvious and the next second dad nearly tackles me in a bear hug.
                    Atlantis is now officially in the hands of the next generation and somehow I know we will keep the city and the Pegasus Galaxy safe, just like our parents did.

Sig by me

Comment

*goes to read*

Inspiration for your fic maybe?
                      Eh, It's only that one line I fixed. The rest of the chapter is the same. For reason I mix up Jimmy Cooper and Jimmy Stewart. I know who each one is, I mix up which movies they star in.

Hmmmm, carnivals. Well now that the rabbit is out of the hat, I can't use the carnival. It would ruin the surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        It's entirely possible. If it were a certain other pairing, no doubt a certain producer would have drawn attention to that scene
                        Would that be like a writer/producer revealing ship anvils in a commentary that make almost everyone go ? And ignoring the ones that are oh so obvious to anyone with half a brain.

So... this morning I woke up with this sentence buzzing around in my head: I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
                        And of course it didn't let go and this drabble sprouted from it.
                        It's unbeta'd, so be kind

Spoiler:
                        I was born in the city of the Ancients 20 years ago.
                        Atlantis: now city of the Lanteans.
                        My parents came here as strangers to this world, this city and this galaxy. It quickly became their home though and the people in this galaxy started looking towards Atlantis and its residents as a beacon of hope. As a final solution to the Wraith and the Asurans.
                        The Asurans are wiped out now and the Wraith are barely none existent. I know I owe the peace I grew up with to my parents and their colleagues… friends… family.
                        That’s what we are now: one large family.
                        All the people that moved here from Earth found a home here and people who cared about them and people they cared about.
                        My parents have told me dozens of stories from before I was born: how they got settled here, how my mother had to fight to keep control of the city, how she fought to keep my dad in his position and how they both fought to keep Atlantis in Pegasus, how they fought the Wraith, how my dad nearly got killed more than once, how he nearly lost my mom to the Asurans and so many more stories.
                        I have never seen Earth and I really don’t have to. This city is my home. A home Earth could never be.
                        Atlantis is completely self ruling now. My mom has been in charge for nearly 25 years. And today I will take over that responsibility from her.
                        I’m a true Pegasus child. I have the strong ATA gene that I inherited from my dad and I have inert nanites in my body that my mom unwillingly passed along when she was pregnant with me. Teyla and Ronon trained me in most of the fighting techniques they know. I’m one of the best jumper pilots in the team. I know my city by heart and McKay and Zelenka have thought me everything they know about its technology. My mom thought me the finer art of negotiating while my dad thought me how to efficiently use a gun. I speak five languages fluently: English, Ancient, Wraith, Genii and Hyuno, the language the Travelers use.
                        And now, on the dawn of my 20th birthday, my mother is passing the torch of ruler of Atlantis over to me.
                        I honestly admit that I’m nervous. I have watched her carry that burden for so long, but she was never alone. Not really. My dad has always stood by her side and as I watch them now, as they are standing on their favorite balcony, right outside of the control room, I know I will need someone who loves me unconditionally to support me and help me through all the **** that will surely happen.
                        I may have found someone like that in Ginny McKay. I know I love her, but will we last like my parents did? Will we save each other’s lives? Will we be able to risk everything we have and are for each other?
                        It won’t be easy. I know that well enough. But my mother prepared me for the worst and I will be forever grateful for that.
                        I’m still watching them. His arm is around her shoulder, her arm is around his waist and her head is resting on his shoulder while he lays a kiss on her head. I have never known them not loving each other, even when they were fighting, you could still clearly feel the love they share.
                        Ginny takes my hand and her smile makes my heart beat faster. I promised myself I will ask her to marry me if we can survive one year of me ruling the city. If we can survive that, I’m positive we can survive the rest too.
                        I hear the balcony doors open and turn to my parents who now stand in front of me, both wearing proud smiles on their faces. My mother takes my arm and guides me down the stairs, towards the gate, where several people are waiting for the ceremony to begin. Dad and Ginny follow us closely.
                        My mother starts the ceremony with a small speech, thanking everyone for their trust in her and hoping that trust will last when I take over. Then she turns back to me. A console comes up in front of us and for some reason a sudden calmness overtakes me. I just know everything will work out.
                        “Do you, Jason Ronon Sheppard, take the responsibly over this city and its inhabitants? Do you promise to protect both with your live and rule as a fair and just leader?”
                        “I do.”
                        She points to the console and I put my hand on it. “Then I, Elizabeth Weir Sheppard, now officially give my leadership in the hands of Jason Ronon Sheppard.”
                        A green light appears under my hand which signals the city also accepts me.
                        “Congratulations.” The pride in my mom’s voice is obvious and the next second dad nearly tackles me in a bear hug.
                        Atlantis is now officially in the hands of the next generation and somehow I know we will keep the city and the Pegasus Galaxy safe, just like our parents did.
                        Now that is a Stargate:Babies that I would watch. Lovely.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm, carnivals. Well now that the rabbit is out of the hat, I can't use the carnival. It would ruin the surprise.
                          No!!! Please, use the carnival... please, pretty please...
                          So what if we know they're going to the carnival, it's what happens there that's going to be the surprise...
                          Please *falls on knees* use the carnival.

Now that is a Stargate:Babies that I would watch. Lovely.
                          Thank you!!

Sig by me

Comment

No!!! Please, use the carnival... please, pretty please...
                            So what if we know they're going to the carnival, it's what happens there that's going to be the surprise...
                            Please *falls on knees* use the carnival.
                            Eh, maybe. You'll just have to wait and see

Comment

Eh, maybe. You'll just have to wait and see
                              *waits impatiently*

Sig by me

Comment

I just found this vid . Anyone who doubts Sparky, if there are any doubters left, should watch this. The idea that they would each sacrifice themselves to save the other has never been presented better.

And at no time did canon have to be twisted to fit the vidders perception of the ship. Lovely.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X