Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Totally! I love that she's listed as second in the guest star list, too--before she was fourth or fifth. Hopefully that means a few more scenes.
    I still haven't seen the first ep. she was in. Never watched it before, and I loose track what season is on what day/week. I'm sure I missed the episode already.
    BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26 View Post
      So weirdly enough, I had the urge to go watch Outcast and something struck me in light of GitM:
      Spoiler:
      Outcast establishes a way to get Elizabeth back.
      Interesting that Joe would pitch such an episode, n'est-ce pas? Especially in light of his recent comments.
      Hmmm I am trying to remember Outcast ... pardon the old dusty brain. How do you mean?

Anuna - what's wrong??? Kick that man and get your hands on some chocolate!!!
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
        Hmmm I am trying to remember Outcast ... pardon the old dusty brain. How do you mean?

Anuna - what's wrong??? Kick that man and get your hands on some chocolate!!!
        Spoiler:
        So the old guy (pardon me, I don't remember his name) uses replicator technology to essentially bring his assistant back from the dead. They end up locking her in a virtual reality but it could just as easily worked for Elizabeth

Interesting, eh? That Joe would pitch such an episode? Especially in light of the SG mag comments we all squeed about a few days ago.
        Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
        Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
        Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Totally! I love that she's listed as second in the guest star list, too--before she was fourth or fifth. Hopefully that means a few more scenes.
          I hope so too, she was absolutely adorable with David McCallum and I really had hopes they'd make her recurring and she and Ducky would be friends. Though, I keep hearing squees on LJ that Joe should be the fed in the NCIS spinoff...wouldn't it be awesome if they put them both in the spinoff? *fantasizes dreamily*
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

I have a question for those that watched Vegas.

Spoiler:
            Did they change John's backstory? Meaning did they change why he went to Antarctica? It seemed like they did but it's been forever and I can't remember. In Vegas it was John was dishonorably discharged for disobeying orders and trying to rescue a field medic trapped behind enemy lines. He was shot down, the crashed killed 4 soldiers and 8 civilians. John was involved with the field medic he tried to save.
            Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 23 December 2008, 04:33 PM.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              I have a question for those that watched Vegas.

Spoiler:
              Did they change John's backstory? Meaning did they change why he went to Antarctica? It seemed like they did but it's been forever and I can't remember. In Vegas it was John was dishonorably discharged for disobeying orders and trying to rescue a field medic trapped behind enemy lines. He was shot down, the crashed killed 4 soldiers and 8 civilians. John was involved with the field medic he tried to save.
              I think they did slightly. Yes. Now tell me something ..

Spoiler:
              does this mean John's gay in this AU? Since from what I gather, the medic was a "he"?
              sig made by me

Comment

I think they did slightly. Yes. Now tell me something ..

Spoiler:
                does this mean John's gay in this AU? Since from what I gather, the medic was a "he"?
                HAHAHAHA.

Spoiler:
                It was a her. Rodney said "you knew her personally"

It kind of goes with the song "Solitary Man" that tptb played at the end. Until he finds his love John will be by himself.

I'm trying to figuere out how much of it was an AU and when exactly it changed. So I'm guessing that in our Atlantis there was no medic and John just risked his life to save his friends. Since John did get married in our Atlantis but not in the AU.
                sigpic

Comment

HAHAHAHA.

Spoiler:
                  It was a her. Rodney said "you knew her personally"

It kind of goes with the song "Solitary Man" that tptb played at the end. Until he finds his love John will be by himself.

I'm trying to figuere out how much of it was an AU and when exactly it changed. So I'm guessing that in our Atlantis there was no medic and John just risked his life to save his friends. Since John did get married in our Atlantis but not in the AU.
                  *snicker* OK. Now the
                  Spoiler:
                  song makes so much more sense!! Although seeing John laying there dying did make me sad. I enjoyed this episode though. Wish they'd fit Elizabeth in there somehow.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Spoiler:
                    So the old guy (pardon me, I don't remember his name) uses replicator technology to essentially bring his assistant back from the dead. They end up locking her in a virtual reality but it could just as easily worked for Elizabeth

Interesting, eh? That Joe would pitch such an episode? Especially in light of the SG mag comments we all squeed about a few days ago.
                    You know I strongly believe Joe's a sparky shipper at heart. I'd buy into your theory!
                    sig made by me

Comment

*snicker* OK. Now the
                      Spoiler:
                      song makes so much more sense!! Although seeing John laying there dying did make me sad. I enjoyed this episode though. Wish they'd fit Elizabeth in there somehow.
                      You just made me lol so much with thinking that. Imagine if tptb actually had the guts to do that.

Spoiler:
                      It made me sad too. I was all ELIZABETH WHERE ARE YOU? John needs you. Some people don't think that John died but I think it was pretty obvious he did. I'm surprised as to how much I liked it. I would gladly watch this show over the past two season of SGA.

Also Elizabeth = field medic. YES/YES. I mean why didn't they give her a name or mention Elizabeth? Woosley was an FBI agent Elizabeth so could have been a field medic in this AU.
                      sigpic

Comment

Damn, you guys have been busy today!

You just made me lol so much with thinking that. Imagine if tptb actually had the guts to do that.

Spoiler:
                        It made me sad too. I was all ELIZABETH WHERE ARE YOU? John needs you. Some people don't think that John died but I think it was pretty obvious he did. I'm surprised as to how much I liked it. I would gladly watch this show over the past two season of SGA.

Also Elizabeth = field medic. YES/YES. I mean why didn't they give her a name or mention Elizabeth? Woosley was an FBI agent Elizabeth so could have been a field medic in this AU.
                        Spoiler:
                        Exactly what I was thinking. Which means that in the Vegas AU, they're now together in death. I love the irony.

Funny how the episode that's officially billed as an AU is better than the rest of the past two seasons, which we've all declared an unofficial AU for their sheer lunacy.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

Man I *heart* this theory soooo much!! Yes! She completely fits the profile. Strong, independent, caring and brave. YEAH baby!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Damn, you guys have been busy today!

Spoiler:
                          Exactly what I was thinking. Which means that in the Vegas AU, they're now together in death. I love the irony.

Funny how the episode that's officially billed as an AU is better than the rest of the past two seasons, which we've all declared an unofficial AU for their sheer lunacy.
                          I chuckled at that.
                          Spoiler:
                          take that PTB! You fail keeping the sparkies down!
                          sig made by me

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                            Sheppard even suggested doing such a thing for Elizabeth in GitM... but then, GitM was written by Carl Binder, and we all know he's a closet Sparky shipper.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hmm...
                              Spoiler:
                              given that Ducky gets stabbed in the episode, maybe Jordan's brought in to assist on the ME duties while Ducky's recovering? Which would certainly mean more scenes. Ohhh yeah.

Comment

So weirdly enough, I had the urge to go watch Outcast and something struck me in light of GitM:
                                Spoiler:
                                Outcast establishes a way to get Elizabeth back.
                                Interesting that Joe would pitch such an episode, n'est-ce pas? Especially in light of his recent comments.
                                ITA, but we know they no longer listen to anything he says. So maybe he should suggest the opposite of whatever he wants to happen in the movie.

*snicker* OK. Now the
                                Spoiler:
                                OMG!
                                Spoiler:
                                Solitary Man is a Neil Diamond song. He was my former celebrity boyfriend before Joe came along. I love it when fandoms collide.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X