No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any luck on the story Anuna? Loved the tag, it's going to be such a great collection!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Half an hour earlier.

I figured that since we'll be doing three episodes (instead of our usual two), it might be a good idea to start a little earlier so we don't run so late at the end.
      Makes sense. Thanks for that.

*dies laughing*

OMG, everyone go read this one NOW!!!!!
      Already have, and I commented (and something tells me I should check LJ after I finish here for the night...

Just to make this post constructive, has any one got any ideas other than Johnny Cash as a Chrissy gift to John from Elizabeth? (not that there's anything wrong with the Johnny Cash suggestion) For some reason I thought of replacement strings for his guitar, but then thought that was a bit impersonal. And odd, but that could be because I was drowsy on a train...

Comment

And hey, everybody! Southern Red just hit 4,000 POSTS!

John and Elizabeth say it's time to have a party!

*starts passing out glasses of mojitos, and plates of chocolate cake and mints*
        Thanks guys. I didn't even notice, but I was tired yesterday.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
          Got another John/Elizabeth pic fic for y'all

Caffeine Fix

Loved it! And (OT for Picard/Crusher love):
          Spoiler:

I've been sucked into Picard/Crusher fanfic lately. Got any recommendations? Writing any other PC stories?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Congratulations on 4 000 posts Southern Red! And welcome back, I missed you!

I have a tiny ficlet for you guys.... Making meals - it's a snippet from my Sunday fathers universe. Enjoy
          And what a great little snippet it is! Loved it!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          CONGRATS!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

And hey, everybody! Southern Red just hit 4,000 POSTS!

John and Elizabeth say it's time to have a party!

*starts passing out glasses of mojitos, and plates of chocolate cake and mints*
            Congrats, SR!

I love seeing mcat and JT on the thread--it's like old home week!

#1 They have the matching eyes.
            #2 They are completely original.
            #3 They're always watching over each other.
            #4 They'll have beautiful children.
            #5 They finish each other's thoughts.
            #6 They care about each other.
            #7 They make grey BDUs look sexy.
            #8 They are both great leaders.
            #9 They go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
            #10 They take care of the people under their command.
            #11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.
            #12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.
            #13 Their chemistry is hot enough to melt a sun.
            #14 They mirror each other's body language!
            #15 They like to hang out on balconies together.
            #16 Their smiles can light up the entire city. Who needs a ZPM?
            #17 They angst about each other yet still manage to get the job done.
            #18 They can go from flirting with each other to mutually snarking an opponent into the floor at the drop of a hat.
            #19 They would personally risk everything for the sake of the other, but not their principles, no matter the cost.
            #20 Sparky is the obvious ship.
            #21 He cheers her up when she is down.
            #22 She is there for him even when he's turning into a big, ugly, blue bug.
            #23 He risks his life to save her without thought or hesitation.
            #24 He cries for her.
            #25 Her face lights up when he comes home alive.
            #26 He sits on her desk.
            #27 She sits by his side in the infirmary while he turns into a bug.
            #28 She fights to keep him as her second in command and he defends her honor.
            #29 The STARE.
            #30 He defends her when Woolsey questions her decisions.
            #31: She's with him and he's with her, either way or eye-ther way.
            #32: When her name is mentioned somewhere around him he gives a look that he still cares about her.
            #33: He understood that she wouldn't want to live as a machine.
            #34: She understood he would never want her to give in to Kolya's demands.
            #35 He found out when her birthday was so he could give her a surprise present.
            #36 She insisted he be promoted so he would still be military commander.
            #37 She entered the time field to help rescue him.
            #38: She took a chance by asking him on the expedition even though he had a black mark on his record.
            #39 They look cute lying on side-by-side beds in the infirmary wearing their matching patient scrubs.
            #40 They've turned saving each other into an art form.
            #41: They're so obvious everyone else notices.
            #42 He allowed himself to be possessed by an alien for her.
            #43 Though their ideals may sometimes conflict, they're always willing to listen to what the other has to say.
            #44. He knows she'll always say yes, but gives her the puppy eyes just in case
            #45 They're canon, despite everything and everyone.
            #46 They're old souls.
            #47 She forgot protocol to welcome him home.
            #48 He broke quarantine to save her. Twice.
            #49 They will always come home to each other.
            #50 They're both hopeless romantics
            #51 She has an instinct for knowing when he's gotten into trouble so that she can have a rescue team standing by.
            #52 He tries not to fly into her favourite buildings.
            #53 War and Peace. Tolstoy didn't know the half of it.
            #54 Even an ordinary cup of coffee becomes a perfect opportunity to flirt.
            #55 They're just cute, darnit.
            #56 Eye!sex of impending DOOM.
            #57 Even when she is trapped in a nanite-induced dream world, he is her touchstone to the real world.

#58 He knows exactly what kind of gifts she'd like most

Originally posted by hopalong View Post
            Makes sense. Thanks for that.

Already have, and I commented (and something tells me I should check LJ after I finish here for the night...

Just to make this post constructive, has any one got any ideas other than Johnny Cash as a Chrissy gift to John from Elizabeth? (not that there's anything wrong with the Johnny Cash suggestion) For some reason I thought of replacement strings for his guitar, but then thought that was a bit impersonal. And odd, but that could be because I was drowsy on a train...
            Hmmm...well, on the friend to friend level she could get him something golf related--especially golf balls, since he's probably always losing them in the ocean. Maybe a coffee mug.

On a more personal level, I would think she could get him some new black t-shirts, since he probably goes through his like crazy. If you wanted to be really 'out there', she could get him tickets to an amusement park for his next 'leave' so he could enjoy a ferris wheel.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

*dies laughing*

OMG, everyone go read this one NOW!!!!!
              Thank you! I'm glad you got a giggle or two.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              Loved it! And (OT for Picard/Crusher love):
              Spoiler:

I've been sucked into Picard/Crusher fanfic lately. Got any recommendations? Writing any other PC stories?
              Thanks! OT for (Picard/Crusher goodness):

Spoiler:
              I'll be honest, I haven't read that much P/C fanfic (terrible, I know) and the stories I did enjoy I didn't save. But, if I find them, I'll give you the links.

As for me, yeah, I'm writing a P/C fic. It's an episode by episode look at the duo--so each chapter is a standalone even though I have it listed as one story. Confused? LOL

Anyway, it's here: Glimpses. I should have the next chapter up today if my little ones give me a few minutes of peace.

And if you have any P/C recs throw them my way, if you don't mind!
              sigpic
              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Congrats! *g*

Comment

So, more ideas for gifts that Lizzie can give to John...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Hmmm...well, on the friend to friend level she could get him something golf related--especially golf balls, since he's probably always losing them in the ocean. Maybe a coffee mug.

On a more personal level, I would think she could get him some new black t-shirts, since he probably goes through his like crazy. If you wanted to be really 'out there', she could get him tickets to an amusement park for his next 'leave' so he could enjoy a ferris wheel.
                  Don't forget surfing stuff! We've seen that he's got a skimboard in his quarters.

And on a completely joking note... how about a bottle of Wench of the Week Repellent?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Rawr! I've finally got both my ideas laid out for the Sparky advent, now just need to get started. *g*

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      Rawr! I've finally got both my ideas laid out for the Sparky advent, now just need to get started. *g*
                      Awesome!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So, more ideas for gifts that Lizzie can give to John...

Don't forget surfing stuff! We've seen that he's got a skimboard in his quarters.

And on a completely joking note... how about a bottle of Wench of the Week Repellent?
                        I think I need some of that to spray on my tv.

How about some sort of "all time best college football games" dvd? (Or whatever they watch movies on in Atlantis)

Ooh, or this

Sparky on youtube

Comment

Hey all! It;s been ages since IU've posted, but I had to comment on somethign I'm sure you've all already discussed! I noticed on JM's blog that in "the Remnant" the following line was cut
                          Spoiler:
                          "Elizabeth Weir was just another one you let slip through your fingers"
                          or somethign close. Did anyone else, whilst watching that scene, think Sheppard had
                          Spoiler:
                          Lizzie in mind the hwole time? I think losing her really gutted him and, hopefully, we'll get to see more evidence of that in the movies. Given the fact that it was his subconsious mind torturing him with that, it must be a big scar on his psyche

Signature By Amber Moon

Comment

Originally posted by mcat View Post
                            I think I need some of that to spray on my tv.
                            Heh!

How about some sort of "all time best college football games" dvd? (Or whatever they watch movies on in Atlantis)
                            Ooooh, that could work! Catch him up on all the games he's missed while on Atlantis.

Ooh, or this
                            Now, now, we all know that John passed the Mensa test, so he doesn't need Cliffs Notes. Rodney, on the other hand, could probably use them; though he does have the intelligence, he doesn't have the patience to sit through the entire book like John does.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch View Post
                              Hey all! It;s been ages since IU've posted, but I had to comment on somethign I'm sure you've all already discussed! I noticed on JM's blog that in "the Remnant" the following line was cut
                              Spoiler:
                              or somethign close. Did anyone else, whilst watching that scene, think Sheppard had
                              Spoiler:
                              Lizzie in mind the hwole time? I think losing her really gutted him and, hopefully, we'll get to see more evidence of that in the movies. Given the fact that it was his subconsious mind torturing him with that, it must be a big scar on his psyche
                              Hey and welcome back. We discussed this and agreed it would have been awesome to see that scene. Almost everything John has done in S5 has been a a reflection of his self torture and grief over losing Elizabeth. Even non-shippers have been noticing it.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal_Nonesuch View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                Spoiler:
                                Hiya, welcome back!

Ohhhhh yes, "Remnants." We were jumping all over that line of dialogue when we found out about it. And we definitely agreed that John totally had to have been thinking about Lizzie. His regrets about her will haunt him for the rest of his days. *evil grin*

Hey and welcome back. We discussed this and agreed it would have been awesome to see that scene. Almost everything John has done in S5 has been a a reflection of his self torture and grief over losing Elizabeth. Even non-shippers have been noticing it.
                                And when even the non-shippers start seeing it... well, there's just no stopping us.

Hmm, that gives me an idea....

Comment

Working...
                                X