Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Hello and welcome to the Sparky thread! Pull up a chair, have a mojito and some chocolate cake, and enjoy the fun!
    Thanks! Definitely will!
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Okay, I watched Vegas and I loved it. JF did awesome.

As for the Teyla/Ronon issue ... because we discussed this right before I watched, I couldn't stop thinking about where you could have put them, lol. But sadly, all those places would be wallpaper, so, alas, I think things would stay the same. ;_;

But

Spoiler:
      Not much Keller YAY.
      Yay, told ya so.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Hi! *pokes in head and looks around cautiously*

This is me, a bit of a lurker, finally deciding to get an account and participate in all the wonderful sparkiness of this thread. And really, loving sparky as much as I do, it's about time! Every time I come and read on this thread I about scream with happiness at finding other people who are as obsessed with it as I am and who think some of the same things about this ship as I do. So... here I am.

Just have to say, agree about Vegas. It was an awesome episode that really showed you a lot about John as a character. (and the field medic was definitely Elizabeth)
      Welcome. Jump in anytime. We don't bite unless it's called for. *grin*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Yes, especially in episodes like "The Shrine", which was McKeller fest of stupidity, John was good in that one, but Ronon and Teyla? Total background. Keller choked everyone out and she was just terrible.

In Vegas I didn't feel that the episode suffered because Ronon and Teyla weren't there, if fact without them we could see just how and why this universe was different. But PTW have no excuse for The Shrine and other Keller fests.
        Yup, 'The Shrine' is a perfect example. Ronon and Teyla both knew about the affliction affecting McKay, knew the stories about the Shrine, and yet were pushed to the side for Keller to have her 'civilized medicine over witch doctor voodoo' rant. Ugh.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Oh, beautiful! I'm nearly crying here
          Which is a good thing... just a bit depressing for me...
          *Goes back to look at the John:"Oops, sorry I let one rip" picture to cheer up*
          ROFL!!! Oh someone please send me the link for that pic ... evil fic bunny finally has awaken from hibernation ... and he has a slight case of amnesia due to a head wound in the shape of a rubber mallet ... if ya catch my drift!

I have a few Sparky fics that I haven't finished yet, but I'm feeling inspired ... Kris, post some more chapters of "Beautiful Children" and my muse might come back!!!

G'night, everybody!

Comment

Oh, that is an awesome video find! Thanks for sharing it!
            Ya welcome!

Oh, that is delicious! *licks lips*

And in reading the rest of the Q&A, apparently the DVDs will have an extended version of Vegas with about 4 minutes added back in. Yum!
            OOH!!!

And I forgot to quote it, but what is the part that some members of this thread won't like??? Does it involve flashbacks
            Spoiler:
            to a certain field medic
            or is it McKellery in nature?

Not that I'm adverse to either ...

Ok, NOW I'm goin to sleep ...

Comment

It's not McKeller that I dislike per se, I don't like how PTW wrote them. *kicks something*
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                OOH!!!

And I forgot to quote it, but what is the part that some members of this thread won't like??? Does it involve flashbacks
                Spoiler:
                to a certain field medic

Hmm, I'm actually not sure what that's in reference to.
                Spoiler:
                There were no flashbacks to the field medic (which is good for us, since it leaves us free to assume she was Elizabeth). And the McKeller was at a bare minimum; a few seconds as they passed each other in a hallway. So I would guess it was neither of the two.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's not McKeller that I dislike per se, I don't like how PTW wrote them. *kicks something*
                  Exactly. Way too rushed, way too in our faces, inserted into scenes where it really seemed out of place given what else was going on, and at the expense of the other characters.

Comment

A big hello to Erin87 to the Sparky thread.

In Vegas I didn't feel that the episode suffered because Ronon and Teyla weren't there, if fact without them we could see just how and why this universe was different. But PTW have no excuse for The Shrine and other Keller fests.
                    Because of this, I think Vegas is one of the only episodes that should get away with being Ronon/Teyla-less. Everything else is not a exception, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      Because of this, I think Vegas is one of the only episodes that should get away with being Ronon/Teyla-less. Everything else is not a exception, though.
                      Word. Ronon and Teyla are in a unique position to be bigger players in events, to stop the Wraith and rebuild Pegasus. They need to be portrayed as actually taking that front line position, instead of being pushed to the side for mindless trivialities.

Comment

Word. Ronon and Teyla are in a unique position to be bigger players in events, to stop the Wraith and rebuild Pegasus. They need to be portrayed as actually taking that front line position, instead of being pushed to the side for mindless trivialities.
                        Hello! This is my first post on this thread and I don't mean to dissapoint anyone here but I am a John & Teyla fan --however --- I do believe that Ronan and Teyla could not have been in the ep as John would not have met them in his reality. To put them in as you say "mindless trivalities" would have been insulting to their characters and their place in Atlantis. At first I thought that they should have fit them in, but in retrospect, it would have
                        been wrong to put them in another character just to play the ep since we know them so well as who they are .. Ronan and Teyla. Any other portrayal would have been disserving to them.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                        Forever!!

Comment

OMG do you read mind (or my email)?

I was discussing that X Files ep with a friend and we thought it was very sparky. I wish someone would work on that idea, because it's great and it suits them.
                          Alas, I am not a computer hacker. It was just our great minds thinking alike. *cough*

I think so, too. We know that some of them do read the forums, and again and again, people keep speaking up about how they miss Weir and Torri on the show. It's not stopping. That's got to be getting through on some level.
                          I'll tell you what really made my day a while back. When they ran the SGA marathon leading up to the finale, I saw comments on other forums about Elizabeth and how much better the episodes were when she was there. Hah!

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
                          I haven't seen seasons 3 and 4 . So, I can't really comment on how dark and more self-contrained John became, but I have been roaming across the Gateworld forums and I've been surprised by how many posters agree with this assessment. There are also a good number of posts complaining about the loss of Weir and how it took something away from the show, almost as if it was the beginning of the end.
                          *waves* Nice to see you again! Even when it's too late, it's great to see the love for Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          I'm hearing all this talk about how SGU will be different and how they will actually show feeling O_O. I'm just sad that tptb didn't feel like they could do this with SGA and just stuck with formula. Vegas showed that they could do something different and it was good. I just wish they would have had that mindset throughout all of SGA.
                          I'll believe it when I see it. They need fresh blood on the writing team to make this happen.

JM is writing the movie. Ugh so I don't expect anything. I just need consistent distant, sad Shep and I'm good.
                          Maybe we've been focused on the wrong thing. Maybe we should tell the network how awesome JM is and push for him to be writing just for SGU. Ahem.

From reading JM's blog he seems to insinuate that the network have very little to do with creative decisions on the show. I don't know to me that was always a little off because from what I see from other shows is that networks have a lot of influence is some of the creative decisions. Ex if they like a certain character they will push for that character to get more screentime or for a storyline to happen.
                          Well, go ask Joss Whedon about networks and how they interfere with your show. I do think the trainwreck that SGA became was a collaborative effort between everybody involved. Cause it was an epic trainwreck.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          *bows to the awesome VLC* That player works when nothing else does.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                          Hi! *pokes in head and looks around cautiously*

This is me, a bit of a lurker, finally deciding to get an account and participate in all the wonderful sparkiness of this thread. And really, loving sparky as much as I do, it's about time! Every time I come and read on this thread I about scream with happiness at finding other people who are as obsessed with it as I am and who think some of the same things about this ship as I do. So... here I am.

Just have to say, agree about Vegas. It was an awesome episode that really showed you a lot about John as a character. (and the field medic was definitely Elizabeth)
                          Hi and welcome Erin87!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          to a certain field medic

I'm thinking that might have been my post, but I was teasing about certain people hating the fact that Vegas will be longer on the DVD. I mean, it's not like anyone here likes the episode.
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Rockhound View Post
                            Hello! This is my first post on this thread and I don't mean to dissapoint anyone here but I am a John & Teyla fan --however --- I do believe that Ronan and Teyla could not have been in the ep as John would not have met them in his reality. To put them in as you say "mindless trivalities" would have been insulting to their characters and their place in Atlantis. At first I thought that they should have fit them in, but in retrospect, it would have
                            been wrong to put them in another character just to play the ep since we know them so well as who they are .. Ronan and Teyla. Any other portrayal would have been disserving to them.
                            Um, you must have read my post incorrectly. I was responding to Reiko's assertion about pushing Ronon and Teyla to the side in general in Season 5 (note my bolding of her line 'Everything else is not a exception, though.'); 'mindless trivialities' was in reference to Season 5's emphasis on badly written and frivolous stories like 'Brain Storm' and 'Identity,' at the expense of character development for more important characters, like Ronon and Teyla. I was NOT referring to Vegas, in which I agree (and have stated several times already today) that Ronon and Teyla were rightly not a part of.

Please be more careful in the future in reading posts and also reading any previous post that it may refer to, so as to not lose the context of the conversation and incorrectly misinterpret someone's comments. That can lead to all sorts of unpleasant consequences.

Now, BACK TO SPARKY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                              Alas, I am not a computer hacker. It was just our great minds thinking alike. *cough*
                              I keep saying it: Shared Psychic Psychosis. It's part of what makes us Sparkies so dangerous.

I'll tell you what really made my day a while back. When they ran the SGA marathon leading up to the finale, I saw comments on other forums about Elizabeth and how much better the episodes were when she was there. Hah!
                              That was absolutely slaying me. So much for the so-called 'focus groups' being right that Weir was boring. Hah!

I'll believe it when I see it. They need fresh blood on the writing team to make this happen.
                              And it sounds like that's not going to happen. Yeah, they've made some handwaving towards searching for new writers, and they've got a new "consultant" on board, but we all know who's going to be in charge. Which means it's going to be business as usual.

Maybe we've been focused on the wrong thing. Maybe we should tell the network how awesome JM is and push for him to be writing just for SGU. Ahem.
                              Well, I suppose that's one way to ensure that SGU crashes and burns. *snorts*

Well, go ask Joss Whedon about networks and how they interfere with your show. I do think the trainwreck that SGA became was a collaborative effort between everybody involved. Cause it was an epic trainwreck.
                              Or J. Michael Straczynski; TNT massively screwed with the Babylon 5 spinoff, Crusade. The show was dead after only one season and damn, JMS really ripped into TNT for all their shenanigans. Apparently, Warner Bros. actually cut some of the more wicked things he said in his commentaries on the DVDs; in response, he had the commentaries removed entirely from subsequent pressings of the DVDs. Bitter times...

I'm thinking that might have been my post, but I was teasing about certain people hating the fact that Vegas will be longer on the DVD. I mean, it's not like anyone here likes the episode.
                              [sarcasm]Oh no, Vegas sucked. Really, it did.[/sarcasm] NOT! IT ROCKED THE WORLD!!!!

Comment

I
                                And it sounds like that's not going to happen. Yeah, they've made some handwaving towards searching for new writers, and they've got a new "consultant" on board, but we all know who's going to be in charge. Which means it's going to be business as usual.
                                Well they added Carl Binder as a producer which makes RCC, BW, and Carl Binder as the ones in charge. The rest are just writers. Although I wish they'd get new writers.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X