No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! (in the forum's Text Color menu the darkest orange is labeled "Pumpkin." I couldn't resist. )

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Happy halloween!

It's the 31st here. I can say it.
    Also loosing an hour tonight as we're switching clocks.
    We switch over next weekend. More hours of darkness for trick or treaters.

And hey look... my sigpic is back! Now, I probably shouldn't change it but it needs an update.
    Hey, it still looks good to me!

And now, for this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech 26-17, USC beat Arizona 41-34, Tennessee had a bye, Rhode Island lost to Maine 45-24, and in the Atlantis Cup, Air Force had a bye, and Navy beat Tulsa 20-17. On to next week!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

To be fair, the doc didn't ignore my pain. I have arthritis for which he gave me pills that I try to avoid taking so there's not much more that can be done. Getting old is not for sissies.
      Ah, I understand. Sometimes the side effects are worse than the actual condition.

And boo to RI losing again.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our very own JT-2!!!!
        Last edited by Scary Kitty; 01 November 2021, 08:44 AM.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And that's a check on my saint-nicolas gift, new year's, birthdays (every one from now till I'm 45), easter, and whatever else one can receive gifts for.... I just pre-ordered the Lego Titanic.

It'll ship at the end of November (hopefully) and I literally have no idea yet where I'm gonna put it but damn, this one needs to go into the collection. Not gonna pass up on it. It's a tad expensive and I probably wouldn't have done it otherwise but I'm such a Titanic geek I couldn't pass up on this opportunity.

Oh... and 19 minutes too late but over there it's still november 1st so -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JT!!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy Birthday, JT2!!!
            And that's a check on my saint-nicolas gift, new year's, birthdays (every one from now till I'm 45), easter, and whatever else one can receive gifts for.... I just pre-ordered the Lego Titanic.

It'll ship at the end of November (hopefully) and I literally have no idea yet where I'm gonna put it but damn, this one needs to go into the collection. Not gonna pass up on it. It's a tad expensive and I probably wouldn't have done it otherwise but I'm such a Titanic geek I couldn't pass up on this opportunity.

Oh... and 19 minutes too late but over there it's still november 1st so -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JT!!
            That sounds amazing! Do your cats try to steal Legos while you build? My cats would be a menace to any Lego.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
              That sounds amazing! Do your cats try to steal Legos while you build? My cats would be a menace to any Lego.
              No, they aren't allowed to jump on the dining table so they don't get in the way. Luckily cause I'm fairly certain that at least one of them would definitely play with the pieces.

Though, I have to say that they aren't very interested in the finished pieces which are openly on display. Haven't lost any bits by accident, not even from the dinosaur skeleton set. They are more likely to loose bits and pieces when the vacuumcleaner is out.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Looks like we're gonna get our stand-by generator hooked up today... *crosses fingers*

SWEET! You have GOT to post pictures when you're finished putting it together!

Comment

I finally have a real pumpkin. The corn maze was pretty fun.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Looks like we're gonna get our stand-by generator hooked up today... *crosses fingers*
                    Okay, not quite. They ran the wire through the conduit from the generator to the switch box. And they've still got a couple of parts to get before they can wire the switch box to the breaker panel. But soon!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    I finally have a real pumpkin. The corn maze was pretty fun.
                    Yay! Glad you had a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Okay, not quite. They ran the wire through the conduit from the generator to the switch box. And they've still got a couple of parts to get before they can wire the switch box to the breaker panel. But soon!
                      Better to not get their wires crossed.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Better to not get their wires crossed.

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Stargate was supposed to leave Hulu (again) on Nov 1. Sg-1 and SGU are gone, but I can still access SGA. Shhhhh! Nobody tell them.

Comment

Yay for good birthdays, pumpkins and corn mazes, and new generators! And boo for breaking in my new gas fireplace logs. The install team warned me I had about 4-6 hours of smoky burn off and they were not joking. I have two fans on and an open window and the smoke detector is still blaring intermittently. It’s been to warm to run the fireplace until this week. Hopefully I can run it for a a short time each day for a week- as not to bleed energy via open window- and I’ll be good to go.

No, they aren't allowed to jump on the dining table so they don't get in the way. Luckily cause I'm fairly certain that at least one of them would definitely play with the pieces.

Though, I have to say that they aren't very interested in the finished pieces which are openly on display. Haven't lost any bits by accident, not even from the dinosaur skeleton set. They are more likely to loose bits and pieces when the vacuumcleaner is out.
                            I’m a terrible cat mom. My cats go where they want and do what they want. Good thing they are cute and middle aged, so not as prone to jumping as they were as youngsters. They are still a menace to scrabble tiles and puzzle pieces so I cringe to imagine them near Legos.

Comment

Must survive one more workday ... 24h from now my week off begins.

I wish it commenced now but alas... no such luck.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Stargate was supposed to leave Hulu (again) on Nov 1. Sg-1 and SGU are gone, but I can still access SGA. Shhhhh! Nobody tell them.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                                Yay for good birthdays, pumpkins and corn mazes, and new generators! And boo for breaking in my new gas fireplace logs. The install team warned me I had about 4-6 hours of smoky burn off and they were not joking. I have two fans on and an open window and the smoke detector is still blaring intermittently. It’s been to warm to run the fireplace until this week. Hopefully I can run it for a a short time each day for a week- as not to bleed energy via open window- and I’ll be good to go.
                                Yep, those things are STINKY AS HECK when new. But once it's burned off, they're wonderful.
                                ​​​
                                Must survive one more workday ... 24h from now my week off begins.

I wish it commenced now but alas... no such luck.
                                Almost there!

Comment

Working...
                                X