No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, Rhode Island is losing 44-0. That's just embarrassing.

ETA: Yup, the final score was 44-0. I hope that's not a harbinger of what's to come in my NFL games tomorrow.
    Last edited by JT-2; 23 October 2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Lol, I was catching up (how did I miss so much?) and there would have been way to much multi quote going on if so I tried writing a one liner and it went as well as you’d expect. I sounded like a crazy Russian muttering about potatoes and birthday cake vodka shots. For the record I am sober, lol, but just poured a glass of wine to enjoy on my bayside patio. I do have both Irish and Russian heritage so I get a lot of the potato and vodka teasing.

JT2 I have a hard time with my top 5 because I am guilty of cheating and only watch parts of episodes as it suits me. (Hello, Grace under pressure. Big oof. Is it just me that cringes and fast forwards? How did they talk Amanda Tapping into that?) Tao of Rodney is always a top 5. Critical Mass. intruder. Before I sleep. Storm/Eye. All the usuals. Thank goodness for van vids, right?

if I can stay awake, I was sightseeing all day, I hope to watch another tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Good news on the cancer front! I got my MRI results online and no new or recurring cancer was found. Thanks for the kind words. Gotta love online health apps. In the old days, I wouldn't have found out for a week but now I got turnaround in less than 24 hours. It would still be easier if they could use a tricorder, though.
        Good news indeed. I hate waiting for test results. You remind me of when I had to have xrays of my back and had to stand with my knees rotated to the sides. Dude, I'm here because my hips hurt. If I could do this...well you know. I actually had tears and the poor technician was so sorry. Just stop saying you're sorry and hurry the * up. And then the doc younger than my son told me it would be years yet before I need a hip replacement. *smacks him*
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

OMG, Rhode Island is losing 44-0. That's just embarrassing.

ETA: Yup, the final score was 44-0. I hope that's not a harbinger of what's to come in my NFL games tomorrow.
          Yeah, yesterday sucked for my boys too. On that note, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a no good very bad day all around as USC lost to Notre Dame 31-16, Virginia Tech lost to Syracuse 41-36, Tennessee lost to Alabama 52-24, Rhode Island lost to Villanova 44-0, Air Force lost to San Diego State 20-14, and Navy lost to Cincinnati 27-20. Let's hope next week is better!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
            Lol, I was catching up (how did I miss so much?) and there would have been way to much multi quote going on if so I tried writing a one liner and it went as well as you’d expect. I sounded like a crazy Russian muttering about potatoes and birthday cake vodka shots. For the record I am sober, lol, but just poured a glass of wine to enjoy on my bayside patio. I do have both Irish and Russian heritage so I get a lot of the potato and vodka teasing.
            Okay tired you is hilarious!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
            JT2 I have a hard time with my top 5 because I am guilty of cheating and only watch parts of episodes as it suits me. (Hello, Grace under pressure. Big oof. Is it just me that cringes and fast forwards? How did they talk Amanda Tapping into that?) Tao of Rodney is always a top 5. Critical Mass. intruder. Before I sleep. Storm/Eye. All the usuals. Thank goodness for van vids, right?

if I can stay awake, I was sightseeing all day, I hope to watch another tonight.
            I hope you got some rest!! What sightseeing did you do?

Originally posted by Southern Red
            Good news indeed. I hate waiting for test results. You remind me of when I had to have xrays of my back and had to stand with my knees rotated to the sides. Dude, I'm here because my hips hurt. If I could do this...well you know. I actually had tears and the poor technician was so sorry. Just stop saying you're sorry and hurry the * up. And then the doc younger than my son told me it would be years yet before I need a hip replacement. *smacks him*
            Ouch! That sounds horrible!!

I hate it when they ignore the patient like that. If your hip is okay according to this doctor, when why so much pain? I swear that doctors don't listen to female patients, especially when it comes to pain. They think we're hysterical or something. I've had many kidney stones. I know what pain feels like. If I'm saying my back hurts, then it hurts! I don't care what your stupid tests say. Grrrrrr!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Yeah, yesterday sucked for my boys too. On that note, here's
            this week's College Football Roundup! It was a no good very bad day all around as USC lost to Notre Dame 31-16, Virginia Tech lost to Syracuse 41-36, Tennessee lost to Alabama 52-24, Rhode Island lost to Villanova 44-0, Air Force lost to San Diego State 20-14, and Navy lost to Cincinnati 27-20. Let's hope next week is better!
            Yikes, a bad week all around. My NFL teams both won by large margins, so that was great.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies!

Just a heads up, we've got a nasty windstorm hovering off the coast, with the worst winds picking up early tomorrow morning. If you don't see me at my usual check-in, it's probably because we're in the middle of a power outage. So just in case, have a fun Canon Monday tomorrow and try not to burn down the internet!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good evening, Sparkies!

Just a heads up, we've got a nasty windstorm hovering off the coast, with the worst winds picking up early tomorrow morning. If you don't see me at my usual check-in, it's probably because we're in the middle of a power outage. So just in case, have a fun Canon Monday tomorrow and try not to burn down the internet!
                I was wondering if that was going to affect you. Good luck!! I hope you don't get any serious damage.

Comment

Our garden shed has a roof!

No fingers or heads or co-workers were harmed in the making of the roof.

Our neighbors were outside and they were impressed with the work we were doing.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Good for you!! Pics?

I hope SK is doing okay. We're supposed to get a nor'easter tomorrow and Wednesday, with the highest winds being Tuesday night. I'm already charging everything, because I always ALWAYS lose power. I wonder what my work would do if I couldn't work cause of no power. There's no longer any office for us to go to. I wonder if I'd have to take a vacation day or sick day. Hmmm.. something to question. My company is too cheap to just let us have a day off.

Comment

The rain has come in and my back is not happy.

Comment

Okay tired you is hilarious!

I hope you got some rest!! What sightseeing did you do?
                        I spent one day in Gaslamp/seaport village/Embarcardo and another in La Jolla (gorgeous ocean scenery and- my favorite- seals!) and Little Italy. Conference officially started Monday and has been surprisingly fun or maybe not so surprisingly considering the amount of free liquor, but I have had more tea than booze and a lot of fun with colleagues I’m just getting to meet. We’ve been Covid safe with masks and such but have had a lot of outdoor functions so have gotten to see faces and smiles. I’ve missed this!

Comment

Good for you!! Pics?
                          Yes, I have some. Will post when the doors are attached... which they aren't yet. They are next.
                          Then I can post from zero-to-hero images.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

All is well at Casa Kitty. We only had a brief power outage (like, a couple of minutes only!), but I kept my computer off all day in case we had more (hmm, maybe that's what kept the power going, LOL!). Other places in the PNW weren't so lucky and I hear some over on the mainland are still without power.

I hope SK is doing okay. We're supposed to get a nor'easter tomorrow and Wednesday, with the highest winds being Tuesday night. I'm already charging everything, because I always ALWAYS lose power. I wonder what my work would do if I couldn't work cause of no power. There's no longer any office for us to go to. I wonder if I'd have to take a vacation day or sick day. Hmmm.. something to question. My company is too cheap to just let us have a day off.
                            Those cheapskate ******s! Stay safe out there, and hopefully if the power goes out, it comes back real quick! *hugs you*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Hooray! Sounds like it was a fun and productive day! And yes, let's see pics!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            I spent one day in Gaslamp/seaport village/Embarcardo and another in La Jolla (gorgeous ocean scenery and- my favorite- seals!) and Little Italy. Conference officially started Monday and has been surprisingly fun or maybe not so surprisingly considering the amount of free liquor, but I have had more tea than booze and a lot of fun with colleagues I’m just getting to meet. We’ve been Covid safe with masks and such but have had a lot of outdoor functions so have gotten to see faces and smiles. I’ve missed this!
                            Yay, glad you're having a great time, and that it's starting to feel normal again. Where is your conference, the convention center, or one of the hotels?

I so miss San Diego and Comic-Con...someday I'll get to go back...

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                              La Jolla was really beautiful. We didn't go to Little Italy since Rhode Island is like half Little Italy itself. I'm glad you had such a good time!

It is strange in these Covid times that you don't see your coworkers. Since my work is from home, I've only met my boss in person, no one else. I also think that is partly why I haven't really made friends with my coworkers either. Not like I have with other jobs in the past. Still, I do love working from home.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              Yes, I have some. Will post when the doors are attached... which they aren't yet. They are next.
                              Then I can post from zero-to-hero images.
                              Great! Can't wait to see it. I'm so impressed that you were able to build the whole thing yourselves.

All is well at Casa Kitty. We only had a brief power outage (like, a couple of minutes only!), but I kept my computer off all day in case we had more (hmm, maybe that's what kept the power going, LOL!). Other places in the PNW weren't so lucky and I hear some over on the mainland are still without power.
                              Good news!! I'm so glad you made out okay.

Those cheapskate ******s! Stay safe out there, and hopefully if the power goes out, it comes back real quick! *hugs you*
                              My sister-in-law, who works for the same company, said that our since our vacation time is "flexible" I probably wouldn't get dinged for it. I hope I don't have to find out. But like I said to my family earlier, all it takes for my power to go out is for a squirrel to fart near a power line.

Comment

SK- happy to hear you weathered the storm! (Odd timing as I just finished watching The storm as I wait at the airport.

We were at the Marriott Marquis just next to the Convention Center, but I smiled fondly and waved at it when I was out and about. A stranger waved back and it wasn’t awkward (and seriously why won’t GW emojis work when I need them, lol). I really need to get to SDCC one day.

One of my coworkers was with me and the rest were industry peers so it was nice to connect so my network of people to bug when I need help grows, heheh.

Im still 98 percent remote but it’s nice that I can visit work/coworkers within a hour drive. My last position that was fully remote- I met EVERYONE on my second week as it coincided with a conference in Vegas. It was crazy to meet 200 team members plus another 300 associated department members. Fun, but so overwhelming that first day.

Comment

Working...
                                X