No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: The odds were in my favor. Jab #1 next Tuesday afternoon!
    PS: Moderna for the win, baby!
    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 20 April 2021, 08:48 AM.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So one of my upcoming hikes may be cancelled due to snow. The snow in the forecast is for the mountains, not in the burbs where I live, and not too out of the ordinary in April at that elevation, but it still caught me by surprise due to recent hiker pictures of the trail with wildflowers blooming like crazy. I have microspikes for my boots, but the park service tends to be cautious and close the roads. Poor baby flowers.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ahhh yeah! Congrats! I did well with Moderna. Hopefully, you will as well.

Comment

Congrats!!

I had my second shot yesterday. I had a really bad headache, and wound up sleeping all afternoon and then all night. I'm an insomniac so for me to sleep that much is unusual. I feel better today, though. Just a sore arm.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
          So one of my upcoming hikes may be cancelled due to snow. The snow in the forecast is for the mountains, not in the burbs where I live, and not too out of the ordinary in April at that elevation, but it still caught me by surprise due to recent hiker pictures of the trail with wildflowers blooming like crazy. I have microspikes for my boots, but the park service tends to be cautious and close the roads. Poor baby flowers.
          Awww, yeah, poor baby flowers! But yeah, the weather has been weird. We've had a bit of a heat wave out here with highs getting up into the 70s. This weekend we're getting more rain.

Ahhh yeah! Congrats! I did well with Moderna. Hopefully, you will as well.
          Yeah, my parents got Moderna as well, and all they had were sore arms the next day. So, should be good.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Congrats!!

I had my second shot yesterday. I had a really bad headache, and wound up sleeping all afternoon and then all night. I'm an insomniac so for me to sleep that much is unusual. I feel better today, though. Just a sore arm.
          Good to hear it went well! And hooray for more sleep! That's a nice bonus!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Awww, yeah, poor baby flowers! But yeah, the weather has been weird. We've had a bit of a heat wave out here with highs getting up into the 70s. This weekend we're getting more rain.

Yeah, my parents got Moderna as well, and all they had were sore arms the next day. So, should be good.

Good to hear it went well! And hooray for more sleep! That's a nice bonus!
            Spring weather is a trip. I’m just happy I didn’t get carried away and start planting flowers and veggies because we have frost this week.

JT2 glad you are feeling better now!

Comment

Okay, okay... now that you all had your shots... stop talking about it.
              Y'all are the lucky ones here.

We're having cold weather. I mean, we had more snowdays in April than we had in January.
              We're experiencing the coldest April since the last 30 years. I sincerely hope this is not a sign of a bad summer cause there's no traveling to any sunny places this year either.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                We're having cold weather. I mean, we had more snowdays in April than we had in January.
                We're experiencing the coldest April since the last 30 years. I sincerely hope this is not a sign of a bad summer cause there's no traveling to any sunny places this year either.
                If it means we're not going to have a hot summer, I'll take it. And the trees will definitely be happier.

Comment

Okay, okay... now that you all had your shots... stop talking about it.
                  Y'all are the lucky ones here.

Maybe you’ll end up with perfect mild and warm weather because Mother Nature will owe you. (Of note, auto correct changed that sentence to Mother Nature will own you, so maybe don’t pack away all the winter clothes too soon.)

Comment

Maybe you’ll end up with perfect mild and warm weather because Mother Nature will owe you. (Of note, auto correct changed that sentence to Mother Nature will own you, so maybe don’t pack away all the winter clothes too soon.)
                    -- that can go either way, hellishly hot or freakin' cold.

Comment

I spoke too soon. I wound up getting a slight temp and feeling gross all of yesterday. I slept most of the day away. But I woke up feeling much better today.

It's still better than getting covid!!

My weather is weird too. Right now it's cold (which I love) next week it's going to almost 80.

Comment

My weather is weird too. Right now it's cold (which I love) next week it's going to almost 80.
                        For some reason, I still haven't figured out (probably because I choose English as my default language), my watch tells me the temps in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius so today it's 36° F and to be perfectly honest, I prefer seeing 36 than the actual 11° or so degrees C. At least, I can pretend it's much warmer with the 36.

David Hewlett posted an image of his yard which was covered in snow -- he called it another side effect of his covid vaccine.

Claire also posted snow images on instagram.

It's snowing in Toronto.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

LMAO! I think Mother Nature is owning all of us right now, to be honest.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yes, it is cold and rainy here. I’ve hit my hot coffee limit so I’m firing up the kettle for tea now. Looks like a Good Friday/Saturday forecast to huddle up in a blanket and read, rewatch falcon and the winter soldier, or sleep, lol. All three if I’m feeling ambitious .

Comment

For some reason, I still haven't figured out (probably because I choose English as my default language), my watch tells me the temps in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius so today it's 36° F and to be perfectly honest, I prefer seeing 36 than the actual 11° or so degrees C. At least, I can pretend it's much warmer with the 36.

David Hewlett posted an image of his yard which was covered in snow -- he called it another side effect of his covid vaccine.

Claire also posted snow images on instagram.

It's snowing in Toronto.
                              Torri also posted the snow.

The forecast has changed and it's not going to get up to 80 here next week. Unless the forecast changes again, which it probably will. What other job can you have where you're wrong 50% of the time?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                              Yes, it is cold and rainy here. I’ve hit my hot coffee limit so I’m firing up the kettle for tea now. Looks like a Good Friday/Saturday forecast to huddle up in a blanket and read, rewatch falcon and the winter soldier, or sleep, lol. All three if I’m feeling ambitious .
                              Sounds like a great plan! I wanted to go to bed early but restless leg syndrome is kicking my @ss. So much so that I just bought some remedies on Amazon for it. I'm sure they won't work, but desperation has set in. Maybe I should just get another covid shot. I slept beautifully after that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Cold and rainy here as well. Looks like writing and taking naps is in my future as well.

Sounds like a great plan! I wanted to go to bed early but restless leg syndrome is kicking my @ss. So much so that I just bought some remedies on Amazon for it. I'm sure they won't work, but desperation has set in. Maybe I should just get another covid shot. I slept beautifully after that.
                                They're testing for booster shots now, so you may not be as far off as you think on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X