Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! And another early early day for me. Getting too old for this stuff, LOL.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! And another early early day for me. Getting too old for this stuff, LOL.
      I waited until 9:29am to get up, move across the hall and start my workday... ...in the nick of time as they say.

      Though I made it very late last night -- it was 3am.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

      Comment


        I didn't sleep at all last night. Damn restless legs.

        Have a good day, everyone!

        ETA: Today was a long work day. One of my primary systems was down all afternoon so I couldn't do much. Now I sleep.
        Last edited by JT-2; October 13, 2021, 01:03 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

          I watched Siege 3 and Intruder this afternoon. Those were great choices!
          Good ones! I may try to sneak one of those in tonight!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

            Good ones! I may try to sneak one of those in tonight!
            Do iiiiiit! Today I had a season 3 day and watched Echoes and Tao of Rodney. Good times.

            Comment


              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Today I had a season 3 day and watched Echoes and Tao of Rodney. Good times.
              Redhead Kate... *thunk*

              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

              Comment


                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

                Redhead Kate... *thunk*


                When she made her comment to Elizabeth and Teyla "maybe it's the power of suggestion", I thought of your story. She's so cute.

                Comment


                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                  Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Redhead Kate... *thunk*
                  As a redhead myself, I definitely prefer her as a redhead. It suits her.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    I had my yearly breast MRI tonight. You have to lay on your stomach in a weird position for it. My body is loudly protesting this.

                    Comment


                      I ended up watching the Return 1&2. With the way the sun is setting earlier and the time change is 3 weeks out, I’ll have plenty of time soon to watch all I wants because who wants to go out when it’s dark at 5pm? That’s the only silver lining I’m seeing right now for the return of the dark world. Not that I’m dramatic or anything

                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I had my yearly breast MRI tonight. You have to lay on your stomach in a weird position for it. My body is loudly protesting this.
                      Good for you for toughing out the weird! One day maybe medicine will find ways to make care a little easier on women. Hope you get good results!

                      Comment


                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        I had my yearly breast MRI tonight. You have to lay on your stomach in a weird position for it. My body is loudly protesting this.
                        Ouch! Why do medical exams always end up involving uncomfortable contortions? Hope all your results come back great! *hugs*

                        Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                        I ended up watching the Return 1&2. With the way the sun is setting earlier and the time change is 3 weeks out, I’ll have plenty of time soon to watch all I wants because who wants to go out when it’s dark at 5pm? That’s the only silver lining I’m seeing right now for the return of the dark world. Not that I’m dramatic or anything
                        The Dark Month is the BEST month.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                        Comment


                          Good news on the cancer front! I got my MRI results online and no new or recurring cancer was found. Thanks for the kind words. Gotta love online health apps. In the old days, I wouldn't have found out for a week but now I got turnaround in less than 24 hours. It would still be easier if they could use a tricorder, though.


                          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                          I ended up watching the Return 1&2. With the way the sun is setting earlier and the time change is 3 weeks out, I’ll have plenty of time soon to watch all I wants because who wants to go out when it’s dark at 5pm? That’s the only silver lining I’m seeing right now for the return of the dark world. Not that I’m dramatic or anything
                          Return 1 & 2 are great episodes. "My wee baby turtles" and Elizabeth faking World of Warcraft. Soooo good.

                          Yeah I love the cold weather but I do miss some of the sunshine. It's been unseasonably warm around here this week. It's pissing me off. Fall is my favorite. I don't want it to be late-summer-like.

                          I'm watching The Long Goodbye now. I love to see Torri get to kick @ss physically. She already gets to do it verbally.

                          Comment


                            Yay for Friday!

                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                            The Dark Month is the BEST month.
                            I am looking forward to my hiking friends not trying to kill me as much,lol. Less light = shorter hikes. We have headlamps and all but I do NOT like driving out of the mountains (and of course there is zero cell service in most of the Smokies) in the dark.

                            Maybe I just needed to focus on the good of the dark. Books and tea and all things cozy.

                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Good news on the cancer front! I got my MRI results online and no new or recurring cancer was found. Thanks for the kind words. Gotta love online health apps. In the old days, I wouldn't have found out for a week but now I got turnaround in less than 24 hours. It would still be easier if they could use a tricorder, though.




                            Return 1 & 2 are great episodes. "My wee baby turtles" and Elizabeth faking World of Warcraft. Soooo good.

                            Yeah I love the cold weather but I do miss some of the sunshine. It's been unseasonably warm around here this week. It's pissing me off. Fall is my favorite. I don't want it to be late-summer-like.

                            I'm watching The Long Goodbye now. I love to see Torri get to kick @ss physically. She already gets to do it verbally.
                            yay! So glad you got the results before the weekend! I’ll have to add along Goodbye to my viewing wish list this weekend.

                            Comment


                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Good news on the cancer front! I got my MRI results online and no new or recurring cancer was found. Thanks for the kind words. Gotta love online health apps. In the old days, I wouldn't have found out for a week but now I got turnaround in less than 24 hours. It would still be easier if they could use a tricorder, though.
                              Yay! That is excellent news! (and yeah, a tricorder would be soooo much easier! )

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              I'm watching The Long Goodbye now. I love to see Torri get to kick @ss physically. She already gets to do it verbally.
                              Ahhh, TLG is such a fun episode!

                              Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                              I am looking forward to my hiking friends not trying to kill me as much,lol. Less light = shorter hikes. We have headlamps and all but I do NOT like driving out of the mountains (and of course there is zero cell service in most of the Smokies) in the dark.

                              Maybe I just needed to focus on the good of the dark. Books and tea and all things cozy.
                              Jack o'lanterns and pumpkin pie!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                                I am looking forward to my hiking friends not trying to kill me as much,lol. Less light = shorter hikes. We have headlamps and all but I do NOT like driving out of the mountains (and of course there is zero cell service in most of the Smokies) in the dark.
                                I've seen too many episodes of North Woods Law where they are searching for missing hikers with no cell service. Don't do it!!!


                                Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                                yay! So glad you got the results before the weekend! I’ll have to add along Goodbye to my viewing wish list this weekend.
                                Thanks! I'm watching Return 1 & 2 right now. I know I've said this before, but Jack holds his breath way too long to be credible.

                                And I love the scene:
                                : Is that Dr. Weir I hear?
                                : Yes, general. It's good to hear your voice too.
                                : I didn't say it was GOOD, Elizabeth.

                                Teyla's face is priceless.

                                One thing that always irritates me, though, is when the replicator dude says "Day-duh-less" instead of "Dead-uh-less". Continuity person should have caught that.

                                Oh, and I love how Elizabeth calls Caldwell "Steven". They really should have had Caldwell later make some kind of remark after Elizabeth was captured. Stupid TPTW.


                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                                Yay! That is excellent news! (and yeah, a tricorder would be soooo much easier! )
                                Or an Ancient scanner like in SGA.



                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                                Ahhh, TLG is such a fun episode!
                                Yes it is!! Torri really got to flex her acting muscles and it worked. Her Phoebus had different body language, and a different tone to her voice.
                                Last edited by JT-2; October 16, 2021, 10:24 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X