No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddess, today was boring... Wanted to do so much and didn't even get to half of it.

I'm in the couch and I don't think I'm getting out again for the rest of the evening.

My sister suggested earlier to me that I should take a day off (have plenty of vacation days left this year -- 15 to be exact -- that's still 3 weeks) and game the day away. Be lazy as hell. I am seriously considering making it 2 days instead... a long weekend perhaps.

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well…I’m packed. Enough clothes to start a new life and my carry on isn’t even full. That doesn’t happen for winter trips, lol.

Thanks, JT2 for your top 5. I’m thinking of watching Before I Sleep right before I sleep tonight Ok, that was so bad I’m embarrassed for myself. But still totally watching it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Came home to a blocked-off street.
      Police wouldn't let me pass until I told them my house number. Pointing at my house behind her wasn't enough proof apparently. Go figure!

Tragic accident a 100 meters or so down the road was the cause of the blockade -- I'll spare you the details, which I don't know either but I do know what happened and it shook us quite good.

Decided to watch the new Signed, Sealed, Delivered film The Vows We Have Made. Now there's some feel-good Hallmark goodness.

Sorry to hear that. Hope the movie helped!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the accident, FH. I hope your distraction helped!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I used to take the train to Comic-Con San Diego when I lived in SoCal. It is totally gorgeous. Zandras.ashes, hope you have a great trip!

Of course my friend and I felt totally out of place with all the fit, tanned people who live around that stretch. I'm overweight and my friend used to smoke so we stuck out like sore thumbs.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        My sister suggested earlier to me that I should take a day off (have plenty of vacation days left this year -- 15 to be exact -- that's still 3 weeks) and game the day away. Be lazy as hell. I am seriously considering making it 2 days instead... a long weekend perhaps.
        You should definitely take your vacation, silly woman!!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
        Well…I’m packed. Enough clothes to start a new life and my carry on isn’t even full. That doesn’t happen for winter trips, lol.

Thanks, JT2 for your top 5. I’m thinking of watching Before I Sleep right before I sleep tonight ​ Ok, that was so bad I’m embarrassed for myself. But still totally watching it.
        at that joke.

What would your top 5 be? I'm curious.

I hope you have a great trip!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          You should definitely take your vacation, silly woman!!
          On October 29th I have a date with my Xbox One for a game-filled day --> Mass Effect: Andromeda.
          It's next week Friday which means I'll be having a long weekend cause Monday the 1st of November is a national holiday, All-Saints' Day.

Comment

On October 29th I have a date with my Xbox One for a game-filled day --> Mass Effect: Andromeda.
            It's next week Friday which means I'll be having a long weekend cause Monday the 1st of November is a national holiday, All-Saints' Day.
            November 1st should be a national holiday everywhere. It's my birthday. I'm taking the day off and am planning on doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. And I'll enjoy every second.

Good for you to take some of your vacation time! You need to take more, though. Don't leave any unused!!

Comment

Good for you to take some of your vacation time! You need to take more, though. Don't leave any unused!!
              I am able to transfer 10 days to next year but you're right, I should take more days.
              Gonna spread some vacation over the next 2 months.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I agree with your sister, it's vacay time!

Of course my friend and I felt totally out of place with all the fit, tanned people who live around that stretch. I'm overweight and my friend used to smoke so we stuck out like sore thumbs.
                Welp, I'm a pasty-white stick that blows over in a mild breeze, so I stuck out like a sore thumb too. Or at least, I would have if I didn't have all the other geeks around me.

November 1st should be a national holiday everywhere. It's my birthday. I'm taking the day off and am planning on doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. And I'll enjoy every second.

Awesome! Everyone should be able to take their birthday off. No exceptions.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I am able to transfer 10 days to next year but you're right, I should take more days.
                  Gonna spread some vacation over the next 2 months.
                  Good for you!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                  Welp, I'm a pasty-white stick that blows over in a mild breeze, so I stuck out like a sore thumb too. Or at least, I would have if I didn't have all the other geeks around me.
                  I'm pasty white too. It's my Scottish grandmother's coloring (but not her red hair unfortunately).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                  Awesome! Everyone should be able to take their birthday off. No exceptions.
                  Absolutely!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I'm pasty white too. It's my Scottish grandmother's coloring (but not her red hair unfortunately).
                    Scottish and Irish for me. Sadly, my red hair has dulled and browned out quite a bit with age. I've been thinking of punching up the color again with henna.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Scottish and Irish for me. Sadly, my red hair has dulled and browned out quite a bit with age. I've been thinking of punching up the color again with henna.
                      Ooh, that's a fun idea!! I have dirty blonde highlights myself. It brings me more to what it looked like when I was a kid.

Comment

Italian... or so they say... like 400-500 years ago... so I don't know.
                        Could be. Who knows.

Probably Germanic ... far, far back...

Anywho... WEEKEND!!!

Comment

I just got my covid-19 booster. Pfizer. Now I'm waiting to see if this dose makes me exhausted like the first 2 dosages did. I've already got a slight headache, but that might just be allergies.

WEEKEND!!!!

Comment

I just got my covid-19 booster. Pfizer. Now I'm waiting to see if this dose makes me exhausted like the first 2 dosages did. I've already got a slight headache, but that might just be allergies.
                            My dad got his two weeks ago. He had a stiff upper arm right where they had jabbed him but nothing else.
                            He volunteers at a vaccination centre and is 65+, and they happened to have a few dosages left which had to be used or would be thrown out so all volunteers over 65 were invited to get booster-jabbed.

He's now a combo of AstraZeneca and Pfizer.

Comment

My dad got his two weeks ago. He had a stiff upper arm right where they had jabbed him but nothing else.
                              He volunteers at a vaccination centre and is 65+, and they happened to have a few dosages left which had to be used or would be thrown out so all volunteers over 65 were invited to get booster-jabbed.

He's now a combo of AstraZeneca and Pfizer.
                              I've heard different takes from doctors on whether you should mix and match injections or stick with one. On the one hand, it seems to give you more immunity to mix, but then taking the same one has more test data behind it. I got the same for all 3, primarily because it's what was offered.

I did sleep a full night, which is just not like me. But other than that, I only have a sore arm.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

I've heard different takes from doctors on whether you should mix and match injections or stick with one. On the one hand, it seems to give you more immunity to mix, but then taking the same one has more test data behind it. I got the same for all 3, primarily because it's what was offered.

I did sleep a full night, which is just not like me. But other than that, I only have a sore arm.
                                My parents started with Moderna, they're sticking with Moderna; everything we've seen says they've got the best efficacy rate over time, so... *shrugs*

Comment

Working...
                                X