No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed the post-a-thon this week, but I'm not too disappointed that I did. You brave, brave souls.

sigpic
    Sig by (x)

Comment

That was a fun…or something, ‘Midway’ is a much better episode so I’m looking forward to next week more.

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
      I missed the post-a-thon this week, but I'm not too disappointed that I did. You brave, brave souls.
      I still feel that I need to drink something strong after that *lol*. It’s not a very big loss if anyone missed since it’s a really bad episode.

----

Well, I’m of for the night, good night everyone!
      sigpic

Comment

How bad was the episode?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

something to take your mind off of it?

sigpic

Comment

The post-a-thon was pretty funny to read!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *starts repeatedly headdesking*

*takes some Tylenol*

*headdesks some more*
            I think that sums the episode up quite nicely.

Yeah, they were braver than I am too.

Comment

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8b6a440a.jpg
              Yep, we were brave, all right. *raises a bottle of whiskey in salute*

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              That was a fun…or something, ‘Midway’ is a much better episode so I’m looking forward to next week more.
              LOL at the "...or something."

Definitely looking forward to Midway. That was a fun episode. We'll even get to mock that asshat Kavanaugh again!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I think that sums the episode up quite nicely.
              To be followed by hitting oneself in the head with a whiskey bottle after drinking the contents...

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              something to take your mind off of it?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...p.jpg~original
              Oooh, that is lovely!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh dear. Will there be a lot of hangovers on the Sparky thread tomorrow?

Comment

Oh dear. Will there be a lot of hangovers on the Sparky thread tomorrow?
                  Wouldn't be surprised.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That bad, huh?
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

You are right. I have suffered enough this week.

I'll comment about it now. The whole Zelenka thing was just so wrong on a few levels:

1) Zelenka has always been shown as an awesome person.

2) Even if Zelenka was a sleaze ball, it was very unprofessional for Sam to make those remarks to other members of the expedition. She was the leader. As leader, you shouldn't bad mouth one coworker to another coworker. I've lived that in my professional life, and it's simply tacky. I don't blame Sam for that, really. I thought her comments were completely out of character for Sam. I call bad writing. Poor Martin Gero. Without Cooper and Wright to help him, his episodes are just dreadful.

Also - The scene where Rodney suggest flashing the kids was disgusting. I really missed Elizabeth's character in that moment because she was one of the few people Rodney respected.
                      I totally agree with everything you said, JT-2.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You are right. I have suffered enough this week.

I'll comment about it now. The whole Zelenka thing was just so wrong on a few levels:

1) Zelenka has always been shown as an awesome person.

2) Even if Zelenka was a sleaze ball, it was very unprofessional for Sam to make those remarks to other members of the expedition. She was the leader. As leader, you shouldn't bad mouth one coworker to another coworker. I've lived that in my professional life, and it's simply tacky. I don't blame Sam for that, really. I thought her comments were completely out of character for Sam. I call bad writing. Poor Martin Gero. Without Cooper and Wright to help him, his episodes are just dreadful.

Also - The scene where Rodney suggest flashing the kids was disgusting. I really missed Elizabeth's character in that moment because she was one of the few people Rodney respected.

Gah, I have so much hate for this episode because of the way Radek was treated. I swear, it's like TPTW should've subtitled Season 4 as, "The Season Where We Bash All Your Fan Favorites."
                        Ugh. *cries* I'd blissfully forgotten the completely out of nowhere and uncalled for bashing of Radek. It's hardly even feasible to me that they'd intended to have no one like him. Some things you might can get away with retconning – the way a character has behaved and been treated by all the other characters for over three seasons is not (at least shouldn't be) one of them. *squishes Zelenka and wants to go yell at people now*

Yeah, that's a pretty apt title.

Originally posted by Brie View Post

I love that picture and I really can imagine them like that.
                        Aw, thanks!

And thus ends another really snore-worthy episode! Thanks to everyone who came out to join us in the mutual agony today, and be sure to tune in next week for a MUCH BETTER episode, as Teal'c comes to visit on "Midway." Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
                        Ah yes, Midway was one of the better S4 eps. Ronon/Teal'c smackdown and then that hilarious/adorkable scene when Ronon rescues John from the jumper .

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/its-a-paradox/Random/siege20_zps8b6a440a.jpg
                        Pretty! Love how it makes Lizzie's hair look.

LOL at the "...or something."

Definitely looking forward to Midway. That was a fun episode. We'll even get to mock that asshat Kavanaugh again!
                        Kavanaugh. *shakes head* Watched Critical Mass not too long ago and the whole time I was just wishing the Wraith would come and take care of him. Of course, they'd probably end up just throwing him back, so... But hey, maybe Atlantis could have used that as a bargaining chip.
                        Leave right now or I'll give the order to transport Dr. Kavanaugh back onto your ship. No please, anything but that! See, we're leaving! Just keep that one away... *horrified whisper* He wouldn't stop talking long enough to feed on him... he called us stupid and incompetent... We'renevercominghereagaingoodbye! *ship jets into hyperspace*
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                          Kavanaugh. *shakes head* Watched Critical Mass not too long ago and the whole time I was just wishing the Wraith would come and take care of him. Of course, they'd probably end up just throwing him back, so... But hey, maybe Atlantis could have used that as a bargaining chip.
                          Leave right now or I'll give the order to transport Dr. Kavanaugh back onto your ship. No please, anything but that! See, we're leaving! Just keep that one away... *horrified whisper* He wouldn't stop talking long enough to feed on him... he called us stupid and incompetent... We'renevercominghereagaingoodbye! *ship jets into hyperspace*
                          I bet he would even leave a bitter aftertaste.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I didn't like Midway.

1) I find fight sequences dull unless they involve lightsabers or swords.

2) There's also a scene with Teal'c telling Sam how wonderful she was doing as leader and how everyone loved her that annoyed me. It was just another "see how Sam is wonderful" tricks by TPTW.

3) They bring back Kavanagh but have no mention of Elizabeth. Don't you think he would have said something snide about her? But then to TPTW, once someone is gone they are forgotten.

4) Way too much SG-1 crossover - Sam, Teal'c, Lee, Walter. Yeah, we get it Mallozzi - you really loved SG-1 and want to be shooting that instead.

Comment

2) There's also a scene with Teal'c telling Sam how wonderful she was doing as leader and how everyone loved her that annoyed me. It was just another "see how Sam is wonderful" tricks by TPTW.
                            Well, we all know tptb are expert in telling but not showing.

3) They bring back Kavanagh but have no mention of Elizabeth. Don't you think he would have said something snide about her? But then to TPTW, once someone is gone they are forgotten.
                            It's ridiculous the lengths they went to to erase Elizabeth's presence from the show.

4) Way too much SG-1 crossover - Sam, Teal'c, Lee, Walter. Yeah, we get it Mallozzi - you really loved SG-1 and want to be shooting that instead.
                            Something they never got, that fans of SGA actually loved SGA and were watching the show for its characters and not for the (unfortunately) not so occasional crossovers. They couldn't allow SGA to grow on its own and actually smothered any chances this show had, first to keep SG1 alive and later to sacrifice it to the altar of the youngest Stargate sibling. This poor show got so little love from tptb, it never stood a chance.

Comment

[I]Hi. Haven't been here for a long, long, looooooooong time, and I didn't post very long before Life threw some train wrecks my way. (Plus I wanted to finish my fanfic story, which is still not done, but it's closer. Plus this *&(% computer has the twitchiest keyboard in history and I lost more posts than I can count.) Just testing to see if I remembered my password. Shocked to find out I did.
                              Question: how do you do that hide-show thing? And it looks like you can copy from other posts to yours - is that right?
                              If I might throw in about two cents worth - keep in mind that S4-5 of SGA were right in the middle of Battlestar fever. It was winning Peabodys, it was getting all the buzz, it was SciFi's baby. And the Stargate franchise was just the shows that saved the network.
                              (I know I'm in the minority, but I thought the Battlestar was funny. Really funny. And when it was rocking and rolling, it was hysterically funny.)
                              If you look at actions, it's easy to see that Stargate's ptw were green, even purple, with envy. Universe was their Stargate:Battlestar. It was slightly better written, so it was just boring. I could almost feel sorry for them if they hadn't ruined SGA in the meantime. I didn't mind the harder edge in S4-5, but there was so much bad writing (especially S4) there are some episodes that should merit hazardous duty pay to watch.
                              If we're counting episodes that merit hazardous duty pay, Trio and Brain Storm are at the top of that list, but another one is the S5 one where Keller switches bodies with some bad girl on another planet.
                              I do wonder sometimes how much difference it made that all the writers were men. I don't think the staff needed to be half women or anything, but some of that stuff never would've made it the screen if they had just run it by any woman, anywhere, even the barista at the coffee shop.

Comment

the hide/show thing - that's called spoilers. type [spoiler][/ spoiler] (without spaces) on either side of your text to hide that portion. Long ago, we had a button for it, but that was a forum hack, and Greg got tired of doing it every time there was a forum update.

Glad you remembered your password and welcome back!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X