No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Now I see you've been discussing Trio. i will opt out of this. I've had enough pain this week.
    You may want to skip this week's post-a-thon, then. It's Trio.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    All of this. And yeah, John most definitely would have ended up the one injured. It's just what he does.
    Ahhhh, now that would've been a whumper's delight!

I may be remembering wrong, but didn't they say that it actually ended up being one of the most expensive episodes of the season? They'd started out with the intention of being cheap but they got a little... overly ambitious with those set pieces/elaborate stunts/shenanigans.
    Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    There's a Trio behind the scenes feature on one of the dvd's where they say that the episode ended up as being one of the most expensive of the season - if not the most expensive - I'm not sure which one.
    Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Lol. There's irony for ya! How on earth did they manage that? It was one set, with some rope and a pile of wood FCOL. It's practically a "X & Y are trapped in a shuttle and must wait til near death to be rescued" ep
    Irony, indeed. Must've been the budget's revenge for getting rid of Elizabeth and Carson. *snickers*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Lol. There's irony for ya! How on earth did they manage that? It was one set, with some rope and a pile of wood FCOL. It's practically a "X & Y are trapped in a shuttle and must wait til near death to be rescued" ep
      Even though they reused the setpiece from the Stargate Continuum movie, they had to rebuild it in order to have it tilt at an even greater angle. I also think that the stunts involved ended up being time consuming and therefore expensive to do. But yes, ironi indeed.

The same thing happened with the X-Files episode Dod Kalm which was basically Mulder and Scully trapped onboard a navy destroyer. It was supposed to be an easy show to film, but it ended up being one of the most difficult of that season. Things don't always end up the way the writers and producers intend to

Comment

Thank you!
        You're welcome.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hey, don't put me in with that. That was well above anything I could ever hope to do.

The Princess Bride reference - what a stroke of genius!!
          But you are my baseline for snarkiness. It at least has to sound like you might have come up with it for me to comment or green it.

Very true.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            You may want to skip this week's post-a-thon, then. It's Trio.
            You are right. I have suffered enough this week.

I'll comment about it now. The whole Zelenka thing was just so wrong on a few levels:

1) Zelenka has always been shown as an awesome person.

2) Even if Zelenka was a sleaze ball, it was very unprofessional for Sam to make those remarks to other members of the expedition. She was the leader. As leader, you shouldn't bad mouth one coworker to another coworker. I've lived that in my professional life, and it's simply tacky. I don't blame Sam for that, really. I thought her comments were completely out of character for Sam. I call bad writing. Poor Martin Gero. Without Cooper and Wright to help him, his episodes are just dreadful.

Also - The scene where Rodney suggest flashing the kids was disgusting. I really missed Elizabeth's character in that moment because she was one of the few people Rodney respected.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 20 minutes until the Trio post-a-thon!

I'll comment about it now. The whole Zelenka thing was just so wrong on a few levels:

2) Even if Zelenka was a sleaze ball, it was very unprofessional for Sam to make those remarks to other members of the expedition. She was the leader. As leader, you shouldn't bad mouth one coworker to another coworker. I've lived that in my professional life, and it's simply tacky. I don't blame Sam for that, really. I thought her comments were completely out of character for Sam. I call bad writing. Poor Martin Gero. Without Cooper and Wright to help him, his episodes are just dreadful.

Also - The scene where Rodney suggest flashing the kids was disgusting. I really missed Elizabeth's character in that moment because she was one of the few people Rodney respected.
              Gah, I have so much hate for this episode because of the way Radek was treated. I swear, it's like TPTW should've subtitled Season 4 as, "The Season Where We Bash All Your Fan Favorites."
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone!

There’s still a few more hours until the post-a-thon (I am ready for the snark fest to start even if it’s a horrible episode) but I hope that I can be here for it because I’ve had some problems with my internet but oh well, hopefully it will get better.

That sounds very exciting! I hope the move goes well and you have lots of great stories to tell!
                And moving to London! That's exciting!
                Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Hi, Brie.

Moving to London sounds exciting. Hope everything goes well for you.
                Thank you so much, I’ll be leaving today in six weeks so I’m really nervous but very exited.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                Hey Brie,

As someone who has lived in London her entire life, I have to say I do love it. I think it is also a great place if you are visiting. There is so much to do! Do you know where in London you are going to be?

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
                Thank you, I really appreciate that. I’ve been to London on vacation three times so I’m not completely new to the city but it’s definitely different living there for months rather than a few days at a hotel but it’s very exciting. And I do know where I’m going to live and it’s with other students and people from other countries so I won’t be alone.

I wanted to do something Sparky to celebrate, and finally settled on a WWII AU drawing. Figured it was appropriately patriotic, and besides: Elizabeth would have looked gorgeous in those clothes.

I love that picture and I really can imagine them like that.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                [center]Happy Fourth to all who celebrate

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...s/IMG_0605.jpg
                Aww, they’re so cute.

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                I think Elizabeth could be a teacher... I think she'd like that and I can imagine her being quite good at it.
                And John... a lumberjack perhaps? Why? Well, he looks hot in a lumberjack-shirt and the scruffy style suits him
                I remember that Elizabeth was a teacher or at least thought some classes at Georgetown University before she was asked to lead SGC so I imagine that’s what she would have done regardless but I agree that it would probably have been what she would have done even if she wasn’t also a diplomat. John is harder since he obviously followed his dreams of becoming a pilot so even if he wasn’t in the air force I can imagine that he would still do something with planes, maybe live by a airfield and giving flying lessons, I dunno, it’s hard.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know whether to blame that scene on bad writing or Rodney's character. If Elizabeth were there, he would never have given such an inappropriate suggestion. Given Rodney's character and his relationship with Sam, I was surprised but not completely shocked at that scene; I remembered how Rodney and Sam interacted in Grace Under Pressure, so I didn't feel it seemed too OOC. On the contrary, though, the writers should have known better than to write a scene that undermined Rodney's respect for Sam. I don't know what the status was at the time of the writing, but if they wanted to showcase how Rodney still found Sam attractive, then they went about the wrong way of doing it. Heck, they went about the wrong way of doing a lot of things on the show.

In the end, while I was not surprised that Rodney gave such a profane suggestion, I was disgusted that he did, and I blame the writers for giving David Hewlett such lines. That scene was neither appropriate nor necessary for a PG audience.
                  sigpic
                  Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                  View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

S-minus 1 hour and 20 minutes to Trio!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                    I don't know whether to blame that scene on bad writing or Rodney's character. If Elizabeth were there, he would never have given such an inappropriate suggestion. Given Rodney's character and his relationship with Sam, I was surprised but not completely shocked at that scene; I remembered how Rodney and Sam interacted in Grace Under Pressure, so I didn't feel it seemed too OOC. On the contrary, though, the writers should have known better than to write a scene that undermined Rodney's respect for Sam. I don't know what the status was at the time of the writing, but if they wanted to showcase how Rodney still found Sam attractive, then they went about the wrong way of doing it. Heck, they went about the wrong way of doing a lot of things on the show.

In the end, while I was not surprised that Rodney gave such a profane suggestion, I was disgusted that he did, and I blame the writers for giving David Hewlett such lines. That scene was neither appropriate nor necessary for a PG audience.
                    Wasn't SGA rated PG-13? I guess TPTW figured that was good enough to start getting raunchy. Inappropriate doesn't even begin to describe the nastiness of that scene.

Comment

S-minus 1 hour and 20 minutes to Trio!

Wasn't SGA rated PG-13? I guess TPTW figured that was good enough to start getting raunchy. Inappropriate doesn't even begin to describe the nastiness of that scene.
                      not that I know of.

Comment

*shrugs* Honestly, I can't remember which rating it was. It's been a long time since I've seen SGA on TV (which would've had a rating bug in the corner of the screen as the show started), and my Blu-rays don't have any rating information on the case.

That scene was still wildly out of line for either, though.

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to Trio!

Comment

How painful is Trio?
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Hello, everyone! I am here but i am definitely not ready for Trio... and i think i will never be!
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes to Trio!

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                How painful is Trio?
                                Very. You'll want to disinfect your brain with bleach after watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X