Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I have to quickly break in here just to screw with SR.

I don't even blow dry my hair. I just brush it and let it air dry.

*waits for her brain to explode*
    That's whatI do too. Brush it and air dry.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

And looks like the start of my vacay is getting delayed until Saturday...you're all stuck with me for an extra two days! Of course, now this means I'm not only going to miss the Harmony post-a-thon, I'll miss Outcast, too...

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      I never understood that either, I mean I get why it’s hard for her to day´te anyone but the ‘flattered’ part I mean since it was obvious that most guys there were quite fashinated by her and I will admit that it looked like all the guys at one point or another had a crush on her, even Jason in an interview basically said that Elizabeth would have been a good girlfriend for Ronon, oh well, we all know what TPTB thought of her and I bet that even if she had stayed both her and John would have been alone in the end.
      Hee! Everyone loves Elizabeth. (well, except for TPTW, but who cares about them...)

Originally posted by Luz View Post
      Also, thank you for showing people that having shipping leanings doesn't mean you have to sideline every other character and murder all semblance of canon compliance just for wish fulfilment.
      I just had to quote that because really, I couldn't have put it better myself. And thank you for the compliment! I think we're all just glad we're getting it right.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      My nephew would call people like us 'special'. A few weeks ago on Mother's Day weekend we were out shopping for his Mom and Nana, and as we stood around waiting for checkout the conversation went:

Nephew: you know what? You're special.
      Eri: Special? How am I special?
      Nephew: Because. You like zombies, but you also like princesses. You like to play video games but you know about jewelry. And you can talk about Resident Evil movies but you like to wear make-up. You're just, I don't know. Special.

Best compliment of my life EVER.
      Awwww! That's so awesome!

*snickers* I let my hair air dry too. Blow drying your hair too often fries it, anyway, and I have enough trouble dealing with frizzies. I don't wear makeup much, either. At least, not on my face; my skin can be temperamental so I'm leery of crudding it up. I mostly just wear a lightly-tinted sunblock and let my freckles show. I've been playing with crazy nail polish colors, though. Painted 'em red and gold for when I went to see Iron Man 3... So much fun!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I don't even brush my hair. Your not supposed to brush or blow dry my type of hair. I squeeze excess water with a t-shirt (towels are the worst) and then comb it with my fingers and let it dry.

Comment

I don't even brush my hair. Your not supposed to brush or blow dry my type of hair. I squeeze excess water with a t-shirt (towels are the worst) and then comb it with my fingers and let it dry.
          I do about the same. I just comb it with my fingers. I don't brush mine since hair is suppose to be at its weakest when wet. But I do blow dry mine. I hate going around with wet hair.
          sigpic
          Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            My nephew would call people like us 'special'. A few weeks ago on Mother's Day weekend we were out shopping for his Mom and Nana, and as we stood around waiting for checkout the conversation went:

Nephew: you know what? You're special.
            Eri: Special? How am I special?
            Nephew: Because. You like zombies, but you also like princesses. You like to play video games but you know about jewelry. And you can talk about Resident Evil movies but you like to wear make-up. You're just, I don't know. Special.

Best compliment of my life EVER.

Lucky you. I enjoy makeup, but my technique is to appear as though I'm not wearing makup. I do not have great skin, though, so most of the time it's a must.
            I love your nephew. I'm the same way, and sometimes it startles people who know only the one side of me. Like when I revealed that we had gone to the Chicago con to a couple we have known for a long time, yet only in a get-dressed-up-and-go-out-to-dinner way. They almost choked on their quiche, but not in a bad way. He said I would have been the last person he expected to be a SciFi fan. I'm not sure how I should take that, but I chose to take it in a good way.

You and all the rest of the no make up crowd have just made me have to sit down and fan myself. But if you have good skin, I can understand it. But if, like mine, your eyelashes and eyebrows are nearly invisible, you need a little something because without some color, my face disappears.

Also, I would kill not to have to blow dry my hair to look halfway human.

Originally posted by It's A Paradox
            Yeah, I do about the same. I don't brush my hair when it's wet since it's suppose to be at its weakest. But I do blow dry mine. I hate going around with wet hair.
            You should never brush wet hair, so you got that right. My hair is so coarse, I only comb it with my fingers whether it's wet or dry. That old myth about brushing your hair 100 times was probably responsible for a lot of split ends. LOL
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My hair dries super fast, despite being very thick!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                I do about the same. I just comb it with my fingers. I don't brush mine since hair is suppose to be at its weakest when wet. But I do blow dry mine. I hate going around with wet hair.
                Oh, it's very hot and sunny here all year long, so it dries really fast.

Comment

*joins the no make up & hair air drying crowd*

Comment

Just to keep things on topic:

sigpic
                    Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                      Oh, how much I love how much those last Elizabeth episodes focused on their relationship. Even repli-Sheppard and Repli-Lizzie were super close.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        When I joined this thread a couple of weeks ago I was friendly "warned" that not all here likes Sam.
                        I am one of them.

I never got that feeling. It's weird because I know they wanted to beat us over the head with that ship but the only time I felt they were really trying to make it happen was during early season one. The rest of the show it felt like they'd given up. So, even if that's what they wanted, it never translated on-screen, to me.
                        Early season one and in what concerns John probably only in Rising, I believe that once he knew Teyla would be a more permanent presence in his life, he no longer felt interested in her. I mean I believe the tiny interested he might have showed when he first met her, was similar to probably the tiny interest he showed when meeting other female Pegasus natives, and that tiny interest was probably only because he knew, once he would end the mission in those planets, he would no longer see them again.

That hallucination scene, if that was supposed to be a reflection on John's ~feelings, then I guess he was pining for Ford too, lol. And we all know the only reason Elizabeth didn't show up in his dream was because tptb were more than happy pretending she didn't exist.
                        I couldn’t agree more!!!!

Because she was Sheppard's greatest remorse. Everything about that dream and the little speech about not rescuing a team mate when he had the chance, screams Elizabeth.
                        Elizabeth was the one John wanted to save the most but he was never allowed to try to do that.

Thanks The Rodney/Katie pairing is my favorite of those you mention.
                        Rodney/Katie were a great pairing and I really liked them together.

I also like Carson/Cadman, Teyla/Kanaan and Ronon/Melina.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        Yeah... we tend to forget about Simon here.
                        Simon who…?

I like most of these, except Simon, and I suspect it's got a lot to do with that awful hairdo he sported on The Intruder, it made him look sleazy, bleurgh.
                        Not to mention he hurt Elizabeth.

And why should she be flattered? She's an intelligent, attractive woman - of course someone would eventually come on to her. Strange writing again...
                        I am sorry, if you watched the first 3 seasons carefully, someone was always coming on to her! *clears throat*
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                          I am sorry, if you watched the first 3 seasons carefully, someone was always coming on to her! *clears throat*
                          That would be correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                            - yes, but she didn't feel flattered about him coming on to her, did she? it was natural and unforced and mutual, pure chemistry

Comment

What? Please don't tell me her crush was supposed to be Sheppard because lolx10000000000000. Seriously, this is why I ignore everything said off-screen, because tptb always failed at logic and sense making. And their intentions clashed with what we were being showed on-screen. What I saw was Elizabeth dating someone suspiciously reminiscent of John and Teyla possibly having a crush on Carson. I remember that episode created a lot of Carson/Teyla shippers, lol. TPTB fail so hard at everything, I don't know why they kept trying.
                              I agree. And I think Teyla would look good with Carson. But I also think that Teyla is too attached to her people, i believe she would never think about dating someone who wouldn’t be Athosian.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

- yes, but she didn't feel flattered about him coming on to her, did she? it was natural and unforced and mutual, pure chemistry
                                You are right! It was definitely something more natural.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X