Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Allow me to demonstrate who Gimli is and why his beard is in need of braiding... Gimli's of the Dwarven people and he's got a lush bit of hairgrowth on his face. He's a good lad, once you get to know him.
    *brush breaks*

Got it.

Comment

Finally got my internet access back after a massive blackout we had Thursday so I haven’t had the time to read though all the things that have been posted in the last couple of days but I’m going to do it tomorrow.

----
      Just wanted to post this:

My entry to today’s Sparky calendar:

------

I really like that we’re having a ‘The Hobbit’ (though it’s more like LOTR) theme and I can’t wait until I get to see the movie.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Someone who is fluent is LOTR explain this? Because that's mine too, and I have no idea what the frak it means.
      Allow me to demonstrate who Gimli is and why his beard is in need of braiding... Gimli's of the Dwarven people and he's got a lush bit of hairgrowth on his face. He's a good lad, once you get to know him.
      Gimli is pretty awesome and John Rhys-Davies does a great job playing him, well, John is such a great actor in general (and he worked with Joe on ‘Ferocious Planet’).
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        Gimli is pretty awesome and John Rhys-Davies does a great job playing him, well, John is such a great actor in general (and he worked with Joe on ‘Ferocious Planet’).
        Also rather funny is that John was one of the tallest actors on set, and that for playing a dwarf. Just goes to show how neat camera tricks can be.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Brie! *glomps* We've missed you! Glad to hear things are returning to normal in your neck of the woods!

Also rather funny is that John was one of the tallest actors on set, and that for playing a dwarf. Just goes to show how neat camera tricks can be.
          He played on "The Princess Diaries 2" as well, and he looked short. However, he was standing next to Chris Pine, and judging from my Star Trek Into Darkness background on my laptop, he's about as tall as Benedict Cumberbatch, so ... yeah.

Back on topic:

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            Oh I already have the problem solved.
            Good to know.

When will you be posting it?
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              Finally got my internet access back after a massive blackout we had Thursday so I haven’t had the time to read though all the things that have been posted in the last couple of days but I’m going to do it tomorrow.

----
              Just wanted to post this:

My entry to today’s Sparky calendar:

------

I really like that we’re having a ‘The Hobbit’ (though it’s more like LOTR) theme and I can’t wait until I get to see the movie.
              Glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods again, Brie.

Love your Sparky calendar submission.

I want to go see "The Hobbit" as well. But since I hate crowds and my parents aniversary is tomorrow it'll have to wait until next week.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                Yesterdays Sparky Advent from me

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Special/th_sparkyadvent2012c.png

Spoiler:

For those of you that remember my little Nephew James (the one with Teh Hair when he was born)

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...92833-orig.jpg

Here he is again not quite 8 months old

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...4E3E-orig1.jpg

(Teh hair is still there!)
                Love the calendar entry, and the nephew is adorable. Wonder if his hair will become the bane of his mother's existence like Joe said his was. LOL

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                They're Marines! They can do anything!
                Indeed they can. Funny thing happened when we drove through the gate at the Marine Barracks today. The Marine guard used the same hand signals John used. I almost squeed a little, and Mr. SR understood what he was telling us to do.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Love the calendar entry, and the nephew is adorable. Wonder if his hair will become the bane of his mother's existence like Joe said his was. LOL

Indeed they can. Funny thing happened when we drove through the gate at the Marine Barracks today. The Marine guard used the same hand signals John used. I almost squeed a little, and Mr. SR understood what he was telling us to do.
                  I can just imagine you squeeing as you drive past the Marines. That would've been hilarious.

Well, I've been staring at a computer screen for over two hours now, and I think it's time to go to bed. I made a considerable amount of progress on one of my fics, so I feel like I achieved something. If I actually finish it, that would be something else.

Have a good night, everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    Oh I love that part “his wife stuck on a plane”, the scene that goes with that part, it is definitely shippy!!!
                    yeah i kinda glossed over that part at first.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    Hilarious!!!! I really do want an AU fic with this timeline!!
                    please do.

Comment

Beautiful Advent entries, Brie and Madness reigns!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      OMG.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        Good to know.

When will you be posting it?
                        The problem being solved will be in about 3-4 chapters max. As for when it'll be posted... the next chapter hopefully sometime before X-mas.
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          I love that line! It's so funny. I love it when Gimli and Legolas keep score. Especially in the battle of Minas Tirith, when he says to Legolas "That still only counts as ONE!"
                          Yes! I too really love that part! So good!
                          I could tell. In any case, you're welcome anytime!
                          Thanks!
                          Welcome, McBecklover! Always glad to see new faces who like to party with our Sparky!
                          Thanks! I do believe Weir is a good mach for Shep
                          Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          i remember that scene, it's when he takes down the elephant. i always liked in the two towers where legolas uses a shield to slide down the stars.
                          Yes! I love that scene too. Legolas is awesome!
                          I believe Legolas is Orlando Bloom's best ever role, with Will Turner from Pirates of the Caribbean a close second!
                          I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                          traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

I forgot to say it yesterday but that was a beautiful advent entry Madness reigns.

That is pretty funny, though it did work great in the scenes with just Gimli and the Hobbits because John is as tall as Gimli is compared to the hobbits (hmm, I have no idea if that makes any sense but hopefully you get what I mean) so they didn’t have to change the camera angles in those scenes as much as they had to when the rest of the cast is there.

Brie! *glomps* We've missed you! Glad to hear things are returning to normal in your neck of the woods!
                            *hugs back* thank you and I’m glad to be back.

He played on "The Princess Diaries 2" as well, and he looked short. However, he was standing next to Chris Pine, and judging from my Star Trek Into Darkness background on my laptop, he's about as tall as Benedict Cumberbatch, so ... yeah.
                            Ooh Chris Pine…sorry lost me train of thought there.

Glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods again, Brie.
                            You don’t realize how dependent you are of something until you don’t have access to it anymore and first power in itself and then internet.

Love your Sparky calendar submission.
                            Thank you.

I want to go see "The Hobbit" as well. But since I hate crowds and my parents aniversary is tomorrow it'll have to wait until next week.
                            I won’t have the time to go and see it before Christmas but I’m planning to go and see it on one of the days between Christmas and New Year’s Eve.

Beautiful Advent entries, Brie and Madness reigns!
                            Thank you!
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and the opening of College Football Bowl Season... even though none of us has a team playing today. Instead, I'll be out shopping! Have fun, everyone!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Some Sparky pics I have
                                I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                                traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X