Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I've got my idea for my Sparky Advent fic together now! Pearl of Atlantis helped me!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      *opens iPad and finds it is already connected to Internet because I'm at a public school in the same district*

      *calmly steps into hallway and does happy dance*

      I love Sparky.
      Heeheehee!

      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That he do. That he do. I wish we could have seen Sheppard in a tux. Or better still.

      John should totally be wearing a third dog tag with that stamped on it. Just sayin'.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Hello my Sparky family!

        I didn't forget you. I'm just too busy with real life (many changes and some problems)

        Eri: Your fic is excellent. Very funny
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          That he do. That he do. I wish we could have seen Sheppard in a tux. Or better still.

          Spoiler:




          Thanks, but it was easy. Except for the little comma situation that I think we have now gotten a handle on. It's easy to beta for writers who understand the characters and stay true to them even when writing humor.
          We are trying but no promises. You've got to beta PM so I apologize in advance. Humor is fun. It feels like its been forever since I've done a purely fluffy fandom fic, so I'm glad it still comes across feeling SGA-ish.

          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

          Heeheehee!

          John should totally be wearing a third dog tag with that stamped on it. Just sayin'.
          That, or "property of".
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Hello my Sparky family!

            I didn't forget you. I'm just too busy with real life (many changes and some problems)

            Eri: Your fic is excellent. Very funny
            Hello, my French sister! *hugs* Good to see you, as always!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Probie View Post
              Hello my Sparky family!

              I didn't forget you. I'm just too busy with real life (many changes and some problems)

              Eri: Your fic is excellent. Very funny
              Hello my little French daughter. We've been missing you around here.
              sigpic

              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

              Comment


                I have done almost nothing today. Almost makes me feel guilty getting paid. But the iPad bill says otherwise.

                Working on two fics. One is the HS AU, and being back in my old school, the ideas have been blossoming. Not to mention the fact that I have had a ton of free time today. Another one is ... well, it's gonna be a while. And I'm not giving out any details. This one's a secret. We'll see how much I get through before the fic bunnies go on strike.

                Another "what if" question for discussion: how would John and Elizabeth's relationship (professionally, personally, whichever floats your ship boat) have differed if Sumner had survived the events of "Rising"? Would their dealings be more along the lines of Weir/Lorne, with him being 2IC?

                Or ignore it. That's cool too.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  I have done almost nothing today. Almost makes me feel guilty getting paid. But the iPad bill says otherwise.

                  Working on two fics. One is the HS AU, and being back in my old school, the ideas have been blossoming. Not to mention the fact that I have had a ton of free time today. Another one is ... well, it's gonna be a while. And I'm not giving out any details. This one's a secret. We'll see how much I get through before the fic bunnies go on strike.

                  Another "what if" question for discussion: how would John and Elizabeth's relationship (professionally, personally, whichever floats your ship boat) have differed if Sumner had survived the events of "Rising"? Would their dealings be more along the lines of Weir/Lorne, with him being 2IC?

                  Or ignore it. That's cool too.
                  It's hard to say for sure. In a practical sense, it would be hard to accommodate having the lead essentially be a secondary character. I imagine at times he would seem like he was just conveniently 'hanging around' as scenes would have to be with Weir and Sumner - if you recall when they were looking at the list of gate addresses, they pick out a planet whilst Shep is just standing there, and Weir adds "Major, I'd like you to go along too". You would also get scenes like in Reunion, where Carter is running the mission, but as soon as Shep shows up everything is directed towards him (there's also a similar scene in SG-1 with O'Neill and Hammond). So from that point of view, I don't think it could have lasted very long.

                  But if it did.....Sumner didn't have a lot of respect for Weir personally, but did respect her authority, if that makes any sense. I don't think he would have tried to remove her, but he would make it known if he didn't agree with any of her decisions. Weir and Sheppard might have had a friendlier relationship, as there wouldn't be the issue of shared authority between them. But 'at work', I think it would be all business
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    It's hard to say for sure. In a practical sense, it would be hard to accommodate having the lead essentially be a secondary character. I imagine at times he would seem like he was just conveniently 'hanging around' as scenes would have to be with Weir and Sumner - if you recall when they were looking at the list of gate addresses, they pick out a planet whilst Shep is just standing there, and Weir adds "Major, I'd like you to go along too". You would also get scenes like in Reunion, where Carter is running the mission, but as soon as Shep shows up everything is directed towards him (there's also a similar scene in SG-1 with O'Neill and Hammond). So from that point of view, I don't think it could have lasted very long.

                    But if it did.....Sumner didn't have a lot of respect for Weir personally, but did respect her authority, if that makes any sense. I don't think he would have tried to remove her, but he would make it known if he didn't agree with any of her decisions. Weir and Sheppard might have had a friendlier relationship, as there wouldn't be the issue of shared authority between them. But 'at work', I think it would be all business
                    I agree. I also think Sumner tolerated Weir's insistence on Sheppard while everything was sort of new and bold and uncertain, but as soon as the Wraith entered the picture and there was a real threat to be concerned about, he would have nipped the insubordination in the bud. They couldn't have afforded Sheppard to be questioning authority all the time with such a dangerous enemy.

                    However, keeping Sumner as military head, if he operated similar to a Hammond capacity, and with deference to Elizabeth as diplomatic head, might have been interesting. John could have played an O'Neill type role (sometimes rogue military guy) so all the standalones would have stayed as were. But in that sense, Elizabeth might have gone off-world more, because I see more room with co-heads to have her truly be more of a diplomat ambassador than the only one to sit around in Atlantis doing paperwork.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      I have done almost nothing today. Almost makes me feel guilty getting paid. But the iPad bill says otherwise.

                      Working on two fics. One is the HS AU, and being back in my old school, the ideas have been blossoming. Not to mention the fact that I have had a ton of free time today. Another one is ... well, it's gonna be a while. And I'm not giving out any details. This one's a secret. We'll see how much I get through before the fic bunnies go on strike.

                      Another "what if" question for discussion: how would John and Elizabeth's relationship (professionally, personally, whichever floats your ship boat) have differed if Sumner had survived the events of "Rising"? Would their dealings be more along the lines of Weir/Lorne, with him being 2IC?

                      Or ignore it. That's cool too.
                      Good timing. I'm just taking a break while my cookies cool.


                      Good points from both gateraid and Eri. ITA with all of it.

                      If Sumner had stayed, Joe would not have been the lead because Robert Patrick is a big name, so Sheppard would always have been second. However, I think most of the viewers would have connected with him more, and he would have been considered the "star" by most of us. The dynamics would have been totally different among all the characters. But just for our purposes, let's look at John and Elizabeth. On the one hand, there would have been less Sparky because a lot of their interactions were the two of them planning their strategy, talking about events and mulling over what to do. I'm afraid that would have led to fewer balcony scenes and probably no desk sitting. There would have been a Weir/Sumner shipper group, and it would have made sense. There would even have been a Sumner/Sheppard shipper group that would have given McShep a run for its money. Elizabeth would still be his boss, and even further up the ladder, which would have put her seriously out of reach for a relationship. Feel free to argue this point.

                      On the other hand, Sumner's hostility toward her, assuming it was to continue, might have brought John and Elizabeth closer. This is a sensitive point because there would have been danger of John becoming her little tattletale/teacher's pet, which would have caused a world of trouble.

                      Speaking of trouble, I think they probably would have continued to write John as the rebel that Sumner didn't trust. This might have led to divided loyalties for Ford and eventually Lorne. In fact, with Sumner around, why would they even need a Lorne? Continued conflict between John and Sumner might have been very frustrating for Elizabeth, and she eventually might have grown to trust and confide in John.

                      I don't think Sumner would have been able to usurp Elizabeth's authority, but he would have tried constantly. She would have reminded him that she was ultimately in charge, which would have risked making him look like a really big jerk. Depending on how the writers wanted us to view him, this might have continued or he might have mellowed. If he had continued to treat Teyla like he did initially, the door would have been wide open for more Sheyla also.

                      So, all of that taken together tells me that it's best not to go back in time and mess with the timeline.
                      sigpic

                      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        I agree. I also think Sumner tolerated Weir's insistence on Sheppard while everything was sort of new and bold and uncertain, but as soon as the Wraith entered the picture and there was a real threat to be concerned about, he would have nipped the insubordination in the bud. They couldn't have afforded Sheppard to be questioning authority all the time with such a dangerous enemy.

                        However, keeping Sumner as military head, if he operated similar to a Hammond capacity, and with deference to Elizabeth as diplomatic head, might have been interesting. John could have played an O'Neill type role (sometimes rogue military guy) so all the standalones would have stayed as were. But in that sense, Elizabeth might have gone off-world more, because I see more room with co-heads to have her truly be more of a diplomat ambassador than the only one to sit around in Atlantis doing paperwork.
                        Oooh, that's interesting, I hadn't considered that. I like the sound of that

                        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Good timing. I'm just taking a break while my cookies cool.


                        Good points from both gateraid and Eri. ITA with all of it.

                        If Sumner had stayed, Joe would not have been the lead because Robert Patrick is a big name, so Sheppard would always have been second. However, I think most of the viewers would have connected with him more, and he would have been considered the "star" by most of us. The dynamics would have been totally different among all the characters. But just for our purposes, let's look at John and Elizabeth. On the one hand, there would have been less Sparky because a lot of their interactions were the two of them planning their strategy, talking about events and mulling over what to do. I'm afraid that would have led to fewer balcony scenes and probably no desk sitting. There would have been a Weir/Sumner shipper group, and it would have made sense. There would even have been a Sumner/Sheppard shipper group that would have given McShep a run for its money. Elizabeth would still be his boss, and even further up the ladder, which would have put her seriously out of reach for a relationship. Feel free to argue this point.

                        On the other hand, Sumner's hostility toward her, assuming it was to continue, might have brought John and Elizabeth closer. This is a sensitive point because there would have been danger of John becoming her little tattletale/teacher's pet, which would have caused a world of trouble.

                        Speaking of trouble, I think they probably would have continued to write John as the rebel that Sumner didn't trust. This might have led to divided loyalties for Ford and eventually Lorne. In fact, with Sumner around, why would they even need a Lorne? Continued conflict between John and Sumner might have been very frustrating for Elizabeth, and she eventually might have grown to trust and confide in John.

                        I don't think Sumner would have been able to usurp Elizabeth's authority, but he would have tried constantly. She would have reminded him that she was ultimately in charge, which would have risked making him look like a really big jerk. Depending on how the writers wanted us to view him, this might have continued or he might have mellowed. If he had continued to treat Teyla like he did initially, the door would have been wide open for more Sheyla also.

                        So, all of that taken together tells me that it's best not to go back in time and mess with the timeline.
                        Yikes The bell tolled, but it was with a clunk instead of an enchanting melody
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Another "what if" question for discussion: how would John and Elizabeth's relationship (professionally, personally, whichever floats your ship boat) have differed if Sumner had survived the events of "Rising"? Would their dealings be more along the lines of Weir/Lorne, with him being 2IC?

                          Or ignore it. That's cool too.
                          it's hard to say really. Had Sumner survived, he wouldn't have lasted long, maybe the first season will him getting whacked killed off at the end of the first or in the siege part 3. if he was there in episodes like The Storm/The Eye, The Real World, First Strike, Adrift, Lifeline they would've played differently. even the pilot wouldn't have had that nice balcony scene at the end.
                          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 13 December 2012, 02:34 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Hey guys...I don't know if we do this here or not, but here's my Sparky Advent fic for your perusal. It's a humor fic, so hopefully it'll give you a giggle:

                            http://silverscript.livejournal.com/3504.html
                            Hilarious!!!!

                            Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/DupERealJTMC4.jpg
                            I so love them!!!!

                            Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            The IOA hiding Elizabeth from John.
                            Spoiler:
                            And the fact they want to deactivate her nanites!!!



                            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            I love Sparky.
                            Don’t we all!!!!

                            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Another "what if" question for discussion: how would John and Elizabeth's relationship (professionally, personally, whichever floats your ship boat) have differed if Sumner had survived the events of "Rising"? Would their dealings be more along the lines of Weir/Lorne, with him being 2IC?

                            Or ignore it. That's cool too.
                            I think that maybe they would deal which each other along the lines of Weir/Lorne, although we know that John is totally different from Lorne, I mean maybe he would approach her in a different manner, we have to remember that he already considered her his boss and not Sumner, besides I believe he would still be devoted to her since, never the less, she had been the one to give him the chance to join the expedition, and I believe that the fact he is the ATA king, would make him kind of special to her. I think he would still want to show her his gratitude for her giving him this opportunity and because of that maybe they would end up being close too.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

                            Comment


                              and lorne still would've taken on the Reynolds-type role, being back up to sheppard's team.

                              Comment


                                I don't like the things that are being done either!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X