No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found this and it has some shippy undertones.

Comment

It's possible TS/TE might have played out a bit differently with Sumner there.....

Spoiler:

Kolya: Major Sheppard! Restore the grounding station or I shoot Dr Weir and Colonel Sumner

Sumner: Go right ahead....if you're man enough

Kolya: I'm man enough! I shot those two guards, didn't I?

Sumner: Puhleease. If you hadn't done it, I'd have shot them myself for being incompetent

Kolya: Oh. Well, I'm the one with a gun now, and if you don't give me the city, I'll shoot Dr Weir

Sumner: Go right ahead, you'd be making my life a lot easier

Sheppard: Sumner! Summmmmnnnnneeeeeerrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kolya: This isn't going how I'd planned

Sumner: God damned amateur. I'm gonna do you a favour and count to ten. By the time I hit ten, I expect you and your.....friends to have gated back to the Genii homeworld. If you do, that'll be the end of it. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you

Kolya: Holy ****, you're not kidding, are you? Everyone, let's go! NOW!

McKay: I can't believe I'm watching this
      sigpic

Comment

gateraid, that was hilarious! Just the laugh I needed when I was getting ready this morning for work.

Plus, I got to work and found I had an extra $300 on my paycheck. *does happy dance* Paying off some bills with it!

Comment

Shameless fic rec.

"Bedtime Stories"

A/N: Can be standalone or considered a sequel to "Everybody's Fine". Takes place in a land far, far away, where John and Elizabeth are married with two kids ... It's still Fluffy Thursday in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            It's possible TS/TE might have played out a bit differently with Sumner there.....
            Hoo Rah and Semper Fi!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Shameless fic rec.

"Bedtime Stories"

A/N: Can be standalone or considered a sequel to "Everybody's Fine". Takes place in a land far, far away, where John and Elizabeth are married with two kids ... It's still Fluffy Thursday in my mind.
            I remember that fic. It was a lovely story with everybody remaining in character even though it was outside canon. Or beyond canon, if you prefer.

I won't be around this morning. We're attending a retirement ceremony for our friend who has been a member of The Marine Band for XX years. So excited and all pumped up. She didn't get to be on Letterman earlier in the week, but told us the story of how he saw them at the White House and asked them to appear. Who knew ol' Dave was such a fan?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Hoo Rah and Semper Fi!

I remember that fic. It was a lovely story with everybody remaining in character even though it was outside canon. Or beyond canon, if you prefer.

I won't be around this morning. We're attending a retirement ceremony for our friend who has been a member of The Marine Band for XX years. So excited and all pumped up. She didn't get to be on Letterman earlier in the week, but told us the story of how he saw them at the White House and asked them to appear. Who knew ol' Dave was such a fan?
                Thanks! And you and Mr. SR enjoy yourselves!

Meanwhile, kids are taking tests, and the fic bunnies just came out to play. Mwah ha ha.

Comment

And I'm not a LOTR fan, but I can tell what our theme is for the month. *smirks*

My precious...

Wrong one.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I remember that fic, SW! So cute!

I didn't really see him as not liking a woman in charge exactly, it seemed more like he just didn't like civilians or people he perceived as 'weak' ("that's what your sidearm's for" to Ford seemed pretty apt to me). To him, Weir was a naive hippie who had no relevant experience in either managing groups of that size, or missions of a dangerous nature. The Athosians seemed to offer little in the way of means to contact home, given that they looked like they were living in what would be our BC time period. But appearances were deceiving on both counts.

It's quite possible McKay would have featured less with the rejigged lineup, possibly staying in Atlantis a bit more. That might lead to, shock horror, two women on the team every now and then. I think it might also have been a bit confusing for Sheppard on a mission - being responsible to one leader (Sumner, who would be minding the store at the time) whilst being responsible for another (Weir, on the mission) and trying to stay loyal to both.
                    That? Would've kicked ass. And would've been A LOT more logical than the all-girl team in Season 5's Whispers.

It's also possible that Kolya would have killed Sumner during The Storm, either intentionally, or when he stepped in front of the bullet meant for Weir.
                    That would've been an evil twist! But I probably would've held back on killing off Sumner until The Siege.

Re the bolded bit. While I loved any civilian/military conflict that was present on the show, the storyline would end up by running its course eventually. Caldwell was Sumner-lite initially, but they softened him over time (IMO too soon) because there weren't too many opportunities for him to disagree with Shep/Weir but still be on their side
                    Agreed on all counts.

Those are very good points. Plus it would have been interesting to see either Teyla kicking Sumner's butt in the gym later, or Sumner smirking when she did it to Sheppard

BTW, I'll have you know I nearly snorted my tea at your picspam. You've still got it!

That sounds awesome! Have fun!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    And I'm not a LOTR fan, but I can tell what our theme is for the month. *smirks*

My precious...

Wrong one.
                    ZOMG, I'm Samwise! Go me!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I love the theme this weekend. I'm a big LOTR nut!
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        ZOMG, I'm Samwise! Go me!
                        i'm gimili. "he was twitching because he's got MY AXE embedded in his nervous system!"
                        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 14 December 2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

And I'm back. The ceremony was fabulous, the Marine Band just a few feet away playing just for us. Priceless. And the food was awesome. Who knew Marines could cook like that?

Now we need a good Sparky discussion.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And I'm back. The ceremony was fabulous, the Marine Band just a few feet away playing just for us. Priceless. And the food was awesome. Who knew Marines could cook like that?

Now we need a good Sparky discussion.
                            Now I'm hungry. Me thinks I'm hitting Chipotle after work. No doctor's appointments, for once!

Heh. Check your PM. It's kinda Sparky.
                            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 14 December 2012, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hello Sparky's! (sry I don't know what your called as a group) lol
                              I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                              traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                                Hello Sparky's! (sry I don't know what your called as a group) lol
                                I think we'll accept that! Welcome to the thread! Do you ship Sparky as well, or just popping in for a visit?

Comment

Working...
                                X