Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
    It means that sometimes i tend to focus so much on John's feelings that i am blind to all other character's feelings, at least until someone points them out to me, and that's why i said... "oh... those"
    Ah tunnel-vision... I see.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
    Oh, i misinterpreted you, i thought you had red them, or at least a few. ;D But if so, how do you know that
    Spoiler:
    Elizabeth isn't back?
    Because the author(s) talks too much about it here, and on their blogs.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I think mine's back... I heard whispers and I think she's planning her Sparky Advent entry. So, I'm hopeful.
      Glad to hear it, FH.

I'm beginning to think I made need to call on Gibbs and crew to find mine though.

Hey, I'm Gibbs' barista. At least I know, I'll always have a job in the NCIS world. That man sure loves his coffee.
      Last edited by mandogater; 22 November 2012, 05:19 PM. Reason: added the comment on my rank
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        So I'm too lazy to quote...lol but gateraid
        shipperwriter i hope it's not just my avatar you've missed seeing around here
        and mandogater I'm good. working on being better about logging on and playing....

I too worry about our youth. And my mother, who also uses "u" and "r" in text messages. If you have a full keyboard there's NO need to be so lazy!
        No, I missed you too, hon. *huggles*

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        I just noticed that I'm a "very special agent" today...dunno if I should be flattered or insulted LOL
        That depends. Do you look anything like Tony DiNozzo?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        ETA: OMG, have you seen the theme for this weekend? NCIS! And I'm an NCIS Team Leader! Whoo hoo! *high-fives fellow team leader Pocus* Hopefully I won't have to deliver any Gibbs head-slaps today...
        Doooooo iiittttt!!! Haha!

YEAH!!! \o/

I get smacked upside the head by Gibbs - and I get to have Bert the (farting) Hippo - which I actually own. No really, I got it for my birthday last year and I switched its fake stuffed collar for a real one just a month ago.
        And you get to drink, like, a gazillion gallons of Caf-Pow.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Hey, I'm Gibbs' barista. At least I know, I'll always have a job in the NCIS world. That man sure loves his coffee.
        So you work at Starbucks-but-they-don't-call-it-that-on-the-show-due-to-possible-copyright-infringement-yet-their-coffee-cups-bear-a-logo-that's-remarkably-similar-to-Starbucks?

And I'm a Probationary Agent! Which means I used to be McGeek and Ziva (at different times during the show). Me likee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Gibbs is single-handedly keeping the coffee bar industry afloat. Just sayin'.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's kind of late, but I hope that everyone's had a happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, and here's a continuation of what I had started writing. I included the last few lines from last time as to refresh everyone's memory.

Spoiler:
            John let out a heavy sigh. “You think she’ll be ok?” he asked Carson.

Carson, too, gave a sigh of resignation. “I don’t know,” he admitted, a hint of worry in his reply. “I’m sure that given some time, she’ll be all right. But this has certainly hit her the hardest.”

John just nodded, not responding, and the two men stood together in a heavy silence.

“Come on,” Carson finally said after a long moment. “We’d best get back.” Reluctantly, John trudged after Carson back to the SGC, not looking back at the point down the road where the taxi had already vanished from their view.

Rodney was miserable. It wasn’t that he hated his job -- ok, fine, he did hate his job. He found his current projects to be utterly unsatisfying, but he found the fact that he could barely put up with his new colleagues to be even more sufferable. They were nothing like the people he had worked with in Atlantis. Sure, their level of intellect was high enough that they could, for the most part, keep up with everything he said, but they were too simple-minded and lacked the ability to think outside the box. Too often, they appeared to be novices at their craft and sought Rodney for his guidance. They probably spent more time lauding, “Doctor McKay, you’re a genius” or “Doctor, I hope I can one day be even a fraction of the scientist you are” than actually working. If it was under any other circumstances, Rodney probably wouldn’t have minded how people eulogized him so much; in fact, he would have probably found it flattering. In this case, though, it did nothing to help boost his already massive ego, and it was becoming rather annoying.

Rodney would never admit it out loud, but he missed Atlantis a lot more than he thought he would. He missed the job he had, and he missed the people he worked with. He would never have thought that he would find himself wishing that Radek was there so he could argue with him.

After five weeks, Rodney had had enough. He needed a break from work. Flipping open his cell phone, he dialed a familiar number.

“Hey, Carson... Yeah, I’m fine... You?... Oh, that’s good to hear... Hey, look, I was thinking of taking a break and flying in this weekend... How long? Um, probably two, three days tops... Maybe we could do some catching up?... Dinner? Um, sure, why not? I’m always in a good mood when there’s food involved... Hey, you think you could get Sheppard to come?... All right... Ok, great.” Rodney paused for a moment, contemplating a question. “Hey, just out of curiosity, have you heard from Elizabeth, by any chance?... No?... Well, I just thought how, you know, she’s still in town, and maybe you’ve bumped into her at the SGC... No?... All right, well, thanks anyway... Hey, I’ll give you a call after I buy my flight ticket... Ok... Yeah. Bye.”

Rodney snapped his phone shut. He stared at it for a moment before shoving it into his pocket. He then turned around to survey his lab.

Cold. Empty. Desolate.

Rodney stood there for a long time with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

It didn’t really matter where a doctor worked; as long as Carson was taking care of others and saving lives, he was happy. He found his job to be not too different from the one he had back in Atlantis, and the people he worked with were about the same, too. They were kind and welcoming and skilled in their profession, and Carson was pleasantly surprised to see several other familiar faces who had also taken a position at the SGC after Atlantis. Getting reacquainted with people he already knew and having the chance to work with new colleagues as well was a blessing, and he didn’t find it too difficult to adjust to a new life on Earth.

As content as he was with his new job, though, Carson wasn’t one to forget his old friends. He would once in a while eat a meal with John, knowing that the solitary Colonel didn’t have many friends at the SGC and appreciated the company. Occasionally, he would also chat with Rodney over the phone. The poor man sounded miserable with his new job, but who could blame him? He listened to him complain largely about his new colleagues, “sycophants,” he called them. Carson couldn’t help but chuckle at how Rodney found the fawning rather irritating, yet he also felt sorry for his friend at the same time.

It was five weeks in when he received a phone call from Rodney: he would be flying in next week for a visit. Carson smiled at the prospect of seeing a good friend again as he ended the call and set his phone back on the table. He then turned his attention back to his research in the quiet lab he was in. Something Rodney had asked before he hung up lingered in the back of his mind, but he tried not to let it bother him too much.

Some time later, Carson exited the lab and headed for the commissary for a break. He rounded a corner and nearly collided into General O’Neill.

“Oh, excuse me, General,” Carson quickly apologized. “Didn’t expect to run into you here.”

“That’s quite all right, Doctor,” General O’Neill replied, dismissing the matter. “You’re not looking for Doctor Weir, are you?”

That caught Carson’s attention. “Doctor Weir?” he asked incredulously.

“Yeah.” General O’Neill seemed slightly puzzled at Carson’s confusion. “She’s been here all day, though she decided to go home for lunch instead -- I suppose she thought that her own cooking was better than the SGC’s.” He paused for a moment, frowning as he mulled over his thoughts. “She seemed a bit distant, though, if you ask me.”

“Is she still here?” Carson demanded.

“I just spoke with her.” General O’Neill jerked his thumb down the hall behind him. “She said she needed to leave. Kind of seemed anxious to get out of here. Can’t say I blame her -- she probably attended six hours worth of meetings today. But if you hurry, you might be able to catch up to her before she leaves.”

Carson let the information sink in. “All right. Thank you, General.”

As soon as General O’Neill disappeared around the corner, Carson broke into a sprint for the nearest stairway.

Off-world missions never got old, even if they were in the Milky Way. You travel to another planet, and half the time, things ended badly. Badly as in they lost their food supplies. Or broke their radios. Or accidentally shot themselves in the foot. Literally.

Compared to the way missions in the Pegasus Galaxy ended badly, this was very sad.

John tried to make the best of the circumstances, but he knew that his new team would never measure up to the one he worked with in Atlantis. They were nowhere near as experienced, and unaccustomed to his laid-back way of command, they seemed insecure about how to behave around him. John couldn’t form a bond with them like the one he had formed with Rodney and the Pegasus natives. We should have left Teyla and Ronon a laptop, he frustratingly thought. It wouldn’t have been too difficult to teach them how to use e-mail or Skype. John smirked at the thought of someone catching him talking to them on the computer. “Who are you talking to?” “Some friends. They’re in another galaxy.” “Ok…”

It wasn’t all completely bad, though. Carson occasionally found him in the commissary and ate with him, and he appreciated the small company. But he still couldn’t help but feel that dinner would be much more enjoyable if the whole team was there. There was no way to stay in touch with Teyla and Ronon, and though Rodney called periodically, Elizabeth didn’t. In fact, he hadn’t heard from Elizabeth at all.

His thoughts were on his friends as he sat alone in the commissary with a cup of coffee the fifth week back from Atlantis. As John looked up, he saw Carson enter the room, and he watched him go make himself a cup of tea before coming over to join him at the table.

“Hey, Doc,” he greeted Carson. “What’s up?”

Carson made himself comfortable before responding. “Well,” he began, “I just got a call from Rodney earlier. He said he’s planning on flying in next week. I thought that we could take him out to dinner.”

John gulped down some coffee. “Mmmm, sounds like a good idea,” he said as he put his cup down. “Be nice to see McKay again after all these weeks. Any particular restaurant in mind?” he queried.

“At the moment, no, not yet,” Carson replied. “Though I have to say that I think either seafood or barbeque grill would be splendid,” he said.

“Sounds good to me,” John agreed.

“Aye.” Carson took a sip of his tea, looking thoughtful before he spoke again.

“There’s something else I need to tell you,” he said in a low voice, his expression suddenly serious. “I just spoke with General O’Neill. Did you know that Elizabeth was here today?”

John’s glass was to his lips, and he nearly choked on his coffee. “What?”

Carson sighed. “I thought you probably might not have known. She was here all day except for lunch.”

John folded his arms across his chest and slumped back in his seat. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, his concern for Elizabeth now even more potent. He would have thought that if she dropped by the SGC, she would have come to see them, but now... it seemed as if she was deliberately trying to avoid them.

Carson looked like he was about to say something, then changed his mind when he realized that there was nothing that he could say to say to lift the melancholy mood. He, too, was quiet as he blankly stared across the room, one elbow propped on the table, chin resting in his hand.

“Rodney was wondering about her earlier,” he finally said, giving a long sigh.

John didn’t say anything.

Hope you all enjoyed it! I would appreciate any feedback I can get, but I do have a couple of specific questions to ask:

Spoiler:
            I had some difficulties mostly with Carson and John's sections. I actually don't watch SG-1, so it was kind of tough for me to make sure General O'Neill was in character. I tried to remember some scenes in "The Return, Parts 1 and 2" and base my dialogue on the way he acted in them, but does anything about General O'Neill's behavior seem out of character? If so, please do tell me what I should change.

I also spent a long time writing the scene between John and Carson when Carson mentions that Elizabeth had been at the SGC. John's not one to talk about his feelings out loud, and if he doesn't openly express his concern, I don't think that Carson would say much either. Yet, I'm also afraid that there is too little dialogue there, and the ending also seems kind of abrupt to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could improve that section?

Feel free to comment on the forum or send me a PM. Thanks!
            sigpic
            Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
            View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
              It's kind of late, but I hope that everyone's had a happy Thanksgiving!

Oh, and here's a continuation of what I had started writing. I included the last few lines from last time as to refresh everyone's memory.

Spoiler:
              John let out a heavy sigh. “You think she’ll be ok?” he asked Carson.

Carson, too, gave a sigh of resignation. “I don’t know,” he admitted, a hint of worry in his reply. “I’m sure that given some time, she’ll be all right. But this has certainly hit her the hardest.”

John just nodded, not responding, and the two men stood together in a heavy silence.

“Come on,” Carson finally said after a long moment. “We’d best get back.” Reluctantly, John trudged after Carson back to the SGC, not looking back at the point down the road where the taxi had already vanished from their view.

Rodney was miserable. It wasn’t that he hated his job -- ok, fine, he did hate his job. He found his current projects to be utterly unsatisfying, but he found the fact that he could barely put up with his new colleagues to be even more sufferable. They were nothing like the people he had worked with in Atlantis. Sure, their level of intellect was high enough that they could, for the most part, keep up with everything he said, but they were too simple-minded and lacked the ability to think outside the box. Too often, they appeared to be novices at their craft and sought Rodney for his guidance. They probably spent more time lauding, “Doctor McKay, you’re a genius” or “Doctor, I hope I can one day be even a fraction of the scientist you are” than actually working. If it was under any other circumstances, Rodney probably wouldn’t have minded how people eulogized him so much; in fact, he would have probably found it flattering. In this case, though, it did nothing to help boost his already massive ego, and it was becoming rather annoying.

Rodney would never admit it out loud, but he missed Atlantis a lot more than he thought he would. He missed the job he had, and he missed the people he worked with. He would never have thought that he would find himself wishing that Radek was there so he could argue with him.

After five weeks, Rodney had had enough. He needed a break from work. Flipping open his cell phone, he dialed a familiar number.

“Hey, Carson... Yeah, I’m fine... You?... Oh, that’s good to hear... Hey, look, I was thinking of taking a break and flying in this weekend... How long? Um, probably two, three days tops... Maybe we could do some catching up?... Dinner? Um, sure, why not? I’m always in a good mood when there’s food involved... Hey, you think you could get Sheppard to come?... All right... Ok, great.” Rodney paused for a moment, contemplating a question. “Hey, just out of curiosity, have you heard from Elizabeth, by any chance?... No?... Well, I just thought how, you know, she’s still in town, and maybe you’ve bumped into her at the SGC... No?... All right, well, thanks anyway... Hey, I’ll give you a call after I buy my flight ticket... Ok... Yeah. Bye.”

Rodney snapped his phone shut. He stared at it for a moment before shoving it into his pocket. He then turned around to survey his lab.

Cold. Empty. Desolate.

Rodney stood there for a long time with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

It didn’t really matter where a doctor worked; as long as Carson was taking care of others and saving lives, he was happy. He found his job to be not too different from the one he had back in Atlantis, and the people he worked with were about the same, too. They were kind and welcoming and skilled in their profession, and Carson was pleasantly surprised to see several other familiar faces who had also taken a position at the SGC after Atlantis. Getting reacquainted with people he already knew and having the chance to work with new colleagues as well was a blessing, and he didn’t find it too difficult to adjust to a new life on Earth.

As content as he was with his new job, though, Carson wasn’t one to forget his old friends. He would once in a while eat a meal with John, knowing that the solitary Colonel didn’t have many friends at the SGC and appreciated the company. Occasionally, he would also chat with Rodney over the phone. The poor man sounded miserable with his new job, but who could blame him? He listened to him complain largely about his new colleagues, “sycophants,” he called them. Carson couldn’t help but chuckle at how Rodney found the fawning rather irritating, yet he also felt sorry for his friend at the same time.

It was five weeks in when he received a phone call from Rodney: he would be flying in next week for a visit. Carson smiled at the prospect of seeing a good friend again as he ended the call and set his phone back on the table. He then turned his attention back to his research in the quiet lab he was in. Something Rodney had asked before he hung up lingered in the back of his mind, but he tried not to let it bother him too much.

Some time later, Carson exited the lab and headed for the commissary for a break. He rounded a corner and nearly collided into General O’Neill.

“Oh, excuse me, General,” Carson quickly apologized. “Didn’t expect to run into you here.”

“That’s quite all right, Doctor,” General O’Neill replied, dismissing the matter. “You’re not looking for Doctor Weir, are you?”

That caught Carson’s attention. “Doctor Weir?” he asked incredulously.

“Yeah.” General O’Neill seemed slightly puzzled at Carson’s confusion. “She’s been here all day, though she decided to go home for lunch instead -- I suppose she thought that her own cooking was better than the SGC’s.” He paused for a moment, frowning as he mulled over his thoughts. “She seemed a bit distant, though, if you ask me.”

“Is she still here?” Carson demanded.

“I just spoke with her.” General O’Neill jerked his thumb down the hall behind him. “She said she needed to leave. Kind of seemed anxious to get out of here. Can’t say I blame her -- she probably attended six hours worth of meetings today. But if you hurry, you might be able to catch up to her before she leaves.”

Carson let the information sink in. “All right. Thank you, General.”

As soon as General O’Neill disappeared around the corner, Carson broke into a sprint for the nearest stairway.

Off-world missions never got old, even if they were in the Milky Way. You travel to another planet, and half the time, things ended badly. Badly as in they lost their food supplies. Or broke their radios. Or accidentally shot themselves in the foot. Literally.

Compared to the way missions in the Pegasus Galaxy ended badly, this was very sad.

John tried to make the best of the circumstances, but he knew that his new team would never measure up to the one he worked with in Atlantis. They were nowhere near as experienced, and unaccustomed to his laid-back way of command, they seemed insecure about how to behave around him. John couldn’t form a bond with them like the one he had formed with Rodney and the Pegasus natives. We should have left Teyla and Ronon a laptop, he frustratingly thought. It wouldn’t have been too difficult to teach them how to use e-mail or Skype. John smirked at the thought of someone catching him talking to them on the computer. “Who are you talking to?” “Some friends. They’re in another galaxy.” “Ok…”

It wasn’t all completely bad, though. Carson occasionally found him in the commissary and ate with him, and he appreciated the small company. But he still couldn’t help but feel that dinner would be much more enjoyable if the whole team was there. There was no way to stay in touch with Teyla and Ronon, and though Rodney called periodically, Elizabeth didn’t. In fact, he hadn’t heard from Elizabeth at all.

His thoughts were on his friends as he sat alone in the commissary with a cup of coffee the fifth week back from Atlantis. As John looked up, he saw Carson enter the room, and he watched him go make himself a cup of tea before coming over to join him at the table.

“Hey, Doc,” he greeted Carson. “What’s up?”

Carson made himself comfortable before responding. “Well,” he began, “I just got a call from Rodney earlier. He said he’s planning on flying in next week. I thought that we could take him out to dinner.”

John gulped down some coffee. “Mmmm, sounds like a good idea,” he said as he put his cup down. “Be nice to see McKay again after all these weeks. Any particular restaurant in mind?” he queried.

“At the moment, no, not yet,” Carson replied. “Though I have to say that I think either seafood or barbeque grill would be splendid,” he said.

“Sounds good to me,” John agreed.

“Aye.” Carson took a sip of his tea, looking thoughtful before he spoke again.

“There’s something else I need to tell you,” he said in a low voice, his expression suddenly serious. “I just spoke with General O’Neill. Did you know that Elizabeth was here today?”

John’s glass was to his lips, and he nearly choked on his coffee. “What?”

Carson sighed. “I thought you probably might not have known. She was here all day except for lunch.”

John folded his arms across his chest and slumped back in his seat. He rubbed his eyes tiredly, his concern for Elizabeth now even more potent. He would have thought that if she dropped by the SGC, she would have come to see them, but now... it seemed as if she was deliberately trying to avoid them.

Carson looked like he was about to say something, then changed his mind when he realized that there was nothing that he could say to say to lift the melancholy mood. He, too, was quiet as he blankly stared across the room, one elbow propped on the table, chin resting in his hand.

“Rodney was wondering about her earlier,” he finally said, giving a long sigh.

John didn’t say anything.

Hope you all enjoyed it! I would appreciate any feedback I can get, but I do have a couple of specific questions to ask:

Spoiler:
              I had some difficulties mostly with Carson and John's sections. I actually don't watch SG-1, so it was kind of tough for me to make sure General O'Neill was in character. I tried to remember some scenes in "The Return, Parts 1 and 2" and base my dialogue on the way he acted in them, but does anything about General O'Neill's behavior seem out of character? If so, please do tell me what I should change.

I also spent a long time writing the scene between John and Carson when Carson mentions that Elizabeth had been at the SGC. John's not one to talk about his feelings out loud, and if he doesn't openly express his concern, I don't think that Carson would say much either. Yet, I'm also afraid that there is too little dialogue there, and the ending also seems kind of abrupt to me. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could improve that section?

Feel free to comment on the forum or send me a PM. Thanks!
              First of all, I liked this part very much. Everyone was very much in character
              Spoiler:
              including Jack. The part with John and Carson doesn't seem too short. I got the feeling that as soon as Carson mentioned that Elizabeth had been there, John just kind of closed down. He was probably puzzled and a bit hurt that she hadn't sought him out and wasn't sure what to say about it. I'm betting that when he left Carson, John did a lot of thinking about this new turn of events.

A couple of points, when Carson left Jack it seemed like he was going to go find Elizabeth. Had she already left? You don't make that clear.

You have John drinking coffee out of a glass. It should be a cup or a mug.

In the third to last paragraph, you wrote "he could say to say". I would remove the "to say" and it will be fine.
              As you can see, just a few minor points that caught my eye. I didn't look for grammar or punctuation errors. Overall, you did a very good job.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                And you get to drink, like, a gazillion gallons of Caf-Pow.
                If I drank that as a Lemming, Atlantis would never recover.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! Hopefully you're all staying far away from the chaos at the shopping malls!

If I drank that as a Lemming, Atlantis would never recover.
                  It'd be fun, though.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It'd be fun, though.
                    Oh, like you have no idea...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! Hopefully you're all staying far away from the chaos at the shopping malls!

It'd be fun, though.
                      I sure am. I discovered that most stores have the same deals online, some with free shipping. Why brave the crowds? I'm wondering if other countries have something as crazy as Black Friday or is that strictly an American phenomenon? In case you don't know, our stores advertise special deals that are for today only. They open at the crack of dawn and people line up for hours waiting to save a few dollars, sometimes up to 1/2 off on things like TVs and computers. This year some stores even opened last night. So you eat your turkey dinner for Thanksgiving and then run out to shop. I think it's insane, but lots of people do it. Some even camped out days ahead of time.
                      sigpic

Comment

We have winter/summer sales, but nothing that lasts only a day.

Comment

We have winter/summer sales, but nothing that lasts only a day.
                          Oh we have those too, but this is supposed to herald the beginning of the holiday shopping and has just become crazy, encouraged of course by the stores. Most of the specials aren't even all that great compared to other sales.
                          sigpic

Comment

In need of a favour guys.

I fried my external hard-drive last week and lost everything including all my sparky pics to make artwork Who feels like posting their pics for me so I can get on with doing some artwork for the Sparky advent??

Pretty please
                            sigpic
                            Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

The GW database of images has screencaps now.

I only have one so I'm not going to be of much use.

Comment

The GW database of images has screencaps now.

I only have one so I'm not going to be of much use.

Thanks FH, I never even thought of that!
                                sigpic
                                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Working...
                                X