Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    Go sign up! It's fun! I signed up

    Now, if anyone sees my muse, send her back my way please? I only have a month to create a fic....lol
    Drew!!! *Hugs* Long time to see. How have you been?

    What is it with all of these runaway muses. First mine and Falcon's now yours is MIA. What is going on?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

    Comment


      Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
      Kind of OT, so scroll on if you wish--

      Anyway, since we were on the topic of grammar, punctuation, and whatnot, a few months ago I was helping another student in my class with a paper. I was helping him to make sure he got everything he needed to. I could only get through about half before my eyes started burning! He actually used the letters "u", "r", and "y" instead of "you" "are", and "why"!!! In. A. Paper. A paper. ::headwall::

      One more thing, before I head off to do "zeh assignment of doom". I have a friend (who shall be reffered to as "A") who is very up to date in pop culture, celebrities etc. but is virtually hopeless when it comes to classics. It drives me crazy, and is more than a little sad, so, from my weeping heart to you, the basic gist of our conversation today:

      Me:...but you know who Judy Garland is, right?
      A: is she from your stargate thing, too?
      Me: ::shock:: NO! What?! W-w-w-w-wait, do you know who McGyver is?! Tell me you do.
      A: (chuckles) what's a McGyver?!
      Me: :hyperventilation: oh my- ok, ok, ok, here, you know this one. Who's-who's-who's Cpt. Kirk?
      A: I don't know! Or care!
      Me: WHAT?!
      A: sorry! I don't watch star wars!
      Me: *diez*
      A: are all these people supposed to be famous or something?
      Me: *diez three more times*

      That is all.
      Kids these days. *Shakes head sadly*
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

      Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

      Comment


        Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Spoiler:


        Fran: Rodney, does this make my ass look big?


        Spoiler:



        Weir: Yes Major, we all know you have the ATA gene, but if you're going to keep showing off, then its really no surprise that some of us non-ATA plebs won't open the bay doors for you


        Spoiler:



        Lorne: I was wondering, are you on Team Ronon or Team Kate?

        Teyla: I was wondering pretty much the same about you Major


        Spoiler:



        Sheppard: This bed is probably strong enough for two, 'Lizabeth

        Weir: Booold. Points for trying, but next time, suggest somewhere that isn't full of cameras


        Spoiler:



        Lorne: Ahhhh, Ma'am, your hand.....its on my leg




        Weir: Oh sorry Major. Force of habit - I'm just used to Colonel Sheppard sitting in that seat
        I love the first one and the last two, gateraid!!!
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

        Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

        Comment


          *moment of silence for today's youth*
          *moment of prayer for tomorrow's youth*

          No, SR, my friend hasn't watched Wizard of Oz. Or Princess Bride. Or Lion king.

          Ooh, and, guess what! I might be going over to Sparky She-Demon's neck of the woods in the summer, for Stargate Con! I'd get to meet AT, JF, TH, DH, RDA, and everyone else! I just have to finalize some citizenship and passport crap, so I hope I'll get that sorted out by then. *fingers crossed*

          looping "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?" a million times today. The cuteness!!!
          I also bought peanut butter today. Because peanut butter is pure love. Just thought I'd share
          Daniel: You know referring to yourself in the third person is a sign of mental instability right?
          McKay: Yeah, mentally unstable like a FOX!


          O'neill: Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?!

          Elizabeth: I'm not going anywhere
          John: good, wouldn't be the same without you


          Carson: You have a date Rodney? With a woman?

          Comment


            Oooh, you lucky girl! I also might be going to StargateCon in Chicago. I strongly emphasize might!

            Hey Fox, have you read my little clip of the next chapter of my story?
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

            Comment


              Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
              *moment of silence for today's youth*
              *moment of prayer for tomorrow's youth*

              No, SR, my friend hasn't watched Wizard of Oz. Or Princess Bride. Or Lion king.
              Now that's just sad. Those were my childhood movies...

              Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
              Ooh, and, guess what! I might be going over to Sparky She-Demon's neck of the woods in the summer, for Stargate Con! I'd get to meet AT, JF, TH, DH, RDA, and everyone else! I just have to finalize some citizenship and passport crap, so I hope I'll get that sorted out by then. *fingers crossed*
              ...My life. They got AT and RDA to go to that Con and it's like, the same month as another con I REALLY want to go to...I am made to decide between the two Cons. Now if they got PMG to go to that Con, I'd have -no- trouble deciding...(major fangirl)

              Comment


                Come to the one in Chicago! You can try all sorts of good food you don't get in Pennsylvania1
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                  Come to the one in Chicago! You can try all sorts of good food you don't get in Pennsylvania1
                  I'm sure First I need to figure out how on Earth I'll come up with the money to make it happen though...then I'll work on actually getting there.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Aang View Post
                    I'm sure First I need to figure out how on Earth I'll come up with the money to make it happen though...then I'll work on actually getting there.
                    Ask it for your birthday.
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
                      Kind of OT, so scroll on if you wish--

                      Anyway, since we were on the topic of grammar, punctuation, and whatnot, a few months ago I was helping another student in my class with a paper. I was helping him to make sure he got everything he needed to. I could only get through about half before my eyes started burning! He actually used the letters "u", "r", and "y" instead of "you" "are", and "why"!!! In. A. Paper. A paper. ::headwall::
                      *headdesk* That is just really sad. *headdesks again*

                      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      What I usually do, if I'm hung up, is I go back and find an on screen moment where either the two characters are talking to each other or one character is referring to the other character while talking with a group. Whatever tone they set onscreen is what I try to adapt into my stories to make them more realisitic. Usually.
                      Hmmm, point there. That's a good tip.

                      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      And because I'm feeling a little under the weather, I'm self-pimpingreccing some of my old videos. Hee hee.

                      Spoiler:
                      Awww, great video! I can't believe that there's actually a song titled "Sparks Fly."

                      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      The rule of thumb for POV is if you are writing from a particular character's POV, you refer to the other characters in the same way as your POV character would. For example, Ronon would think of Elizabeth as "Dr. Weir" but Teyla could also think of her as Elizabeth at times. Does that make sense?

                      As my betas will tell you, I have a tremendous problem with POV in respect to sticking to one at a time. I'll be writing from John's POV and then suddenly I have Elizabeth expressing a feeling. That's tough to keep straight for some reason for me. So, even though I can spot everyone else's mistakes, I make a bunch myself that I miss. That's why no one can edit their own work adequately.
                      Yes, that makes sense. And I, too, have the exact same problem. This is why some of my past plot bunnies didn't work out - problems with points of view. I would have a general idea of a plotline, but I would be stuck when deciding whose point of view to write from to make the story interesting. I always have to plan out points of view first and make sure that they are very clear before I start writing anything.

                      I hear from teacher friends today that the major problem is making the kids understand that school is formal and how you write for a class is different. Then I hear stories about how that carries over to resumes and job interviews. Doomed, we're doomed I say. *pounds cane*
                      *Gasping for air* OMG, I have never thought about that possibility before.

                      Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Spoiler:


                      Fran: Rodney, does this make my ass look big?


                      Spoiler:



                      Weir: Yes Major, we all know you have the ATA gene, but if you're going to keep showing off, then its really no surprise that some of us non-ATA plebs won't open the bay doors for you


                      Spoiler:



                      Lorne: I was wondering, are you on Team Ronon or Team Kate?

                      Teyla: I was wondering pretty much the same about you Major


                      Spoiler:



                      Sheppard: This bed is probably strong enough for two, 'Lizabeth

                      Weir: Booold. Points for trying, but next time, suggest somewhere that isn't full of cameras


                      Spoiler:



                      Lorne: Ahhhh, Ma'am, your hand.....its on my leg




                      Weir: Oh sorry Major. Force of habit - I'm just used to Colonel Sheppard sitting in that seat
                      Hilarious. I like the last one most.
                      sigpic
                      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

                      (Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

                      Comment


                        So I'm too lazy to quote...lol but gateraid
                        shipperwriter i hope it's not just my avatar you've missed seeing around here
                        and mandogater I'm good. working on being better about logging on and playing....

                        I too worry about our youth. And my mother, who also uses "u" and "r" in text messages. If you have a full keyboard there's NO need to be so lazy!
                        Last edited by drewandian; 22 November 2012, 07:58 AM. Reason: should probably spell everything right if I'm going to criticize how people use the English language
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate.

                          To those who don't....Have a wonderful day!!!!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            hey pocus Happy Thanksgiving to you too!


                            I just noticed that I'm a "very special agent" today...dunno if I should be flattered or insulted LOL
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Hope you are having a great day Drew. Hubby and I (and the babies) are staying home today and just having a quiet day to ourselves. For that I am Thankful!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                Hope you are having a great day Drew. Hubby and I (and the babies) are staying home today and just having a quiet day to ourselves. For that I am Thankful!
                                I'm having a nice quiet morning that will be followed by a hectic day at my sisters' while we try to figure out how to roast a turkey breast and NOT burn down the house. Bonus points if it tastes good! LOL
                                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X