Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    So for season three nominations how many sparky moments do you think will make it into the nominations?
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    As many as we can vote in.
    What SK said *lol*, but who knows, I have a few different favorites for both of them but I think my favorite Sheppard moment in season 3 was when he broke quarantine to save/help Elizabeth in TRW, but I still have to think though the whole season before I vote because there are so many great character moments for all of them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      Hello everyone!

I’m one of those people who have never seen ‘Castle’ (it’s on my ‘to watch’ – list) but I’ve heard a lot of great things about it.
      I have noticed moments on other shows that I think would fit something that could happen to Sparky, one of my favorite couple are Booth and Brennan from ‘Bones’ and they do remind me of Sparky a lot and a lot of thing that happens to them and a lot of the lines would work for Sparky, like this fun one from an episode in season 5.

Spoiler:
      "Bones: The Boy with the Answer (#5.21)" (2010)
      Caroline Julian:(talking to Booth about Brennan) So how's your girlfriend holding up?
      Special Agent Seeley Booth: She's fine. She's *not* my girlfriend.
      Caroline Julian: Oh, so those little looks between you...
      Special Agent Seeley Booth: Nothing.
      Caroline Julian: Right. I hope you're more believable on the stand.

Just fun little parts that would work.
      Cute moment, but
      Spoiler:
      if they had ever done with Sparky what they did with Bones in the last season, I would have stopped watching. Nobody would have believed such a silly arc on SGA. In fact, not wanting to have characters in a secret romance was one of the reasons why they dropped Sheyla. Talk about a fandom in uproar, Bones has got it.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Cute moment, but
        Spoiler:
        if they had ever done with Sparky what they did with Bones in the last season, I would have stopped watching. Nobody would have believed such a silly arc on SGA. In fact, not wanting to have characters in a secret romance was one of the reasons why they dropped Sheyla. Talk about a fandom in uproar, Bones has got it.
        Spoiler:
        Haha, true, it wouldn't have worked well at all, but at the same time I get it since Emily was having a baby they had to work it in there in some way and they decided to bring the two of them together. One thing that they did in earlier seasons was having babies being associated with them, I mean when Booth got a brain tumor and he was dreaming he imagine them having a baby and then in an earlier episode Brennan was talking about wanting a baby and asked Booth to be the father so while it wasn’t planned to happen the way it did at least it wasn’t as farfetched as it would have been in SGA both plot-vise and character-vise, but I agree with you, it a lot of the things they did on Bones wouldn’t have worked on SGA, whether it was Sparky or anything else but for me there was more some of the small moments between Booth and Brennan that always make me think that had they wanted to they could have done more with John and Elizabeth, both when it comes to Sparky but also on occasion all the background stories we got on their individual characters that shows how much more you could have done to develop them as characters, but they are two very different shows so it’s just how I’ve felt while re-watching both shows around the same time.
        sigpic

Comment

I’m one of those people who have never seen ‘Castle’ (it’s on my ‘to watch’ – list) but I’ve heard a lot of great things about it.
          I have noticed moments on other shows that I think would fit something that could happen to Sparky, one of my favorite couple are Booth and Brennan from ‘Bones’ and they do remind me of Sparky a lot and a lot of thing that happens to them and a lot of the lines would work for Sparky, like this fun one from an episode in season 5.

Spoiler:
          Caroline Julian:(talking to Booth about Brennan) So how's your girlfriend holding up?

I don't watch either Castle or Bones, so I couldn't comment on either of the comparisons. But I've currently got Tony Stark and Pepper Potts from Iron Man on the brain... the movies are deliberately doing the slow burn that Sparky seemed to accidentally fall into, and they're doing it right. Good times.

Cute moment, but
          Spoiler:
          *shudders* Yeah, I think we're definitely better off for having avoided that kind of nonsense.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Boy, that makes it sound like the area was waaayyyyy to pretty to fight there. I really need to figure out a way to visit sometime.
            The area was pretty - but the war destroyed quite literally everything that was there... and poisoned the grounds with their gasses. It was unadulterated hell.

We attended the Last Post underneath the Menin Gate last night, and while I had been there before, it still gripped me and dare I say I had to bite back a tear or two - We'll remember!

If you do figure it out, let me know and we can meet up. I could be your designated driver and bring you wherever you like to go.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hello everyone!

Spoiler:

The scene from Bones you put in there Brie reminds me of something from an episode of Star Wars: The Clone Wars
              Spoiler:
              Anakin: We'll deal with the droids, Master. You go rescue your girlfriend.
              Obi-Wan: Right. * Turns to leave. Stops turns back* She's not my girlfriend!

Either set of lines could have very easily been said to John on Atlantis reguarding Elizabeth.

You should really watch Castle. When I need to smile after a bad day, I either watch Castle or hop on youtube and look for Jeff Dunham clips.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                The area was pretty - but the war destroyed quite literally everything that was there... and poisoned the grounds with their gasses. It was unadulterated hell.

We attended the Last Post underneath the Menin Gate last night, and while I had been there before, it still gripped me and dare I say I had to bite back a tear or two - We'll remember!

If you do figure it out, let me know and we can meet up. I could be your designated driver and bring you wherever you like to go.
                I can imagine. I'd hate to think about the number of gas and regular artillery shells that were expended in that area. I have read about soliders litteraly drowning in seas of mud on that part of the front.

I'm a bit curious, FH. How well known is Willy Coopens in Belgium. I've always been intriuged been the guys that specialized in taking down observation ballons during WWI and being that the ace-of aces when in comes to balloon-busting was from Belgium, I've always wondered if he had a museum dedicated to him somewhere.

Trust me, if I ever figure out a way to get to Europe you will be the second person to know about it.

Just had another plot bunny attack me for an AU historical fic. John is a Brit fighting in WWI and gets blinded by gas and Elizabeth is the nurse that takes care of him.
                Last edited by mandogater; 01 August 2012, 04:32 PM. Reason: can't spell and got attacked by a plot bunny

Comment

I can imagine. I'd hate to think about the number of gas and regular artillery shells that were expended in that area. I have read about soliders litteraly drowning in seas of mud on that part of the front.

I'm a bit curious, FH. How well known is Willy Coopens in Belgium. I've always been intriuged been the guys that specialized in taking down observation ballons during WWI and being that the ace-of aces when in comes to balloon-busting was from Belgium, I've always wondered if he had a museum dedicated to him somewhere.

Trust me, if I ever figure out a way to get to Europe you will be the second person to know about it.

Just had another plot bunny attack me for an AU historical fic. John is a Brit fighting in WWI and gets blinded by gas and Elizabeth is the nurse that takes care of him.
                  Do you watch Downton Abbey? They came close to this.

And Jeff Dunham FTW! Peanut is my fave.
                  sigpic

Comment

*flails at the mention of Downton Abbey* Darnit, why do we have to wait until next year for the new season of DA to get to the US?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And Jeff Dunham FTW! Peanut is my fave.
                      I've watched some of it but haven't gotten hooked yet. My mother is working on it though.

I'm more of a fan of Achmed.

Comment

I've watched some of it but haven't gotten hooked yet. My mother is working on it though.

I'm more of a fan of Achmed.
                        Ah, Achmed. You and Mr. SR., though he is also very fond of Walter. I am reminded that some of the best characters ever created are named Walter: Walter on Fringe; Walter on Breaking Bad.

I can see Elizabeth disapproving of Jeff Dunham because he is definitely politically incorrect, but John laughs at him anyway and tries to explain it to Ronon who doesn't understand the whole ventriloquist thing.
                        sigpic

Comment

Do you watch Downton Abbey?
                          Oh my God, Downton Abbey is one of my favourite shows of all time!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            *flails at the mention of Downton Abbey* Darnit, why do we have to wait until next year for the new season of DA to get to the US?
                            I don't! I only have to wait a month! But I feel sorry for you guys in America who have to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                              I don't! I only have to wait a month! But I feel sorry for you guys in America who have to wait.
                              I was wondering when that was coming back. Yeah, how will we ever stand not watching it for months and months?
                              sigpic

Comment

I had no idea who you were talking about - never a good sign.
                                However, I'm not as well versed in World War history as my best friend, and thus I did a quick search. Willy Coopens doesn't ring a bell, but Willy Coppens does. There's a square named after him in Klerken, where they also have a commemoration stone standing on the square. I don't know if they have a museum for him, maybe in Watermaal-Bosvoorde his birthplace.

There's no specific museum dedicated to him but in Brussels you can visit the air museum which does have mention of him and several other aces.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X