No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Morning Sparkies! Can't believe I missed the post-a-thon yesterday! *Smacks back of my head* Hopefully I can do next weeks...

Comment

Hello everyone!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      You can always start the petition.

And now for my latest attempt at Sparky:

Spoiler:
      Guns ‘N Sparks

“What did you want to see me about, John,” asked Dr. Elizabeth Weir as she walked into the gun range, the one place in Atlantis she always tried to avoid. She had started her career hoping to end the need for militaries and weapons. She tried to avoid both whenever she could.

“Good, you got my message,” said Major John Sheppard as he continued to reassemble the 9mm Beretta he had placed on the shooting bench. “Since Koyla led that Genii raid on Atlantis last week, I’ve been kicking around the idea of making qualification on the Beretta mandatory for all members of the expedition.”

“I don’t see a problem with that,” said Elizabeth. She already had a sinking feeling as to why John wanted her to meet him at the gun range.

“By all members of the expedition, I mean you too, Elizabeth,” explained John. He already knew this was going to be a tough sell but he had absolutely no intention of backing down. “If the Genii can penetrate our defenses, the Wraith will have no trouble doing the same thing as soon as the figure out where we are.”

“We don’t know if that will ever happen,” defended Elizabeth.

“Elizabeth,” began John as diplomatically as he could. “I know you don’t like guns but could you please humor me on this. It’s not like I’m asking you to carry a pistol with you all the time. I just want you to feel comfortable enough to use one if the worse case scenario happens. Think of it as just another manifestation of my protective nature.”

While considering John’s words, Elizabeth couldn’t help but wonder what Simon would have done in the same situation. She was still faithful to Simon but part of Elizabeth was giddy that someone was that protective of her.

“Since you put it that way,” began Elizabeth reluctantly. “I’ll humor you.”

“Thank you,” grinned John as he held up the pistol to show it was empty. “Now, I’m going to close the action and put this pistol on the table. Then I want you to pick it up when you are ready so we can work on your stance.”

Elizabeth reluctantly picked up the pistol and adopted the stance she had seen the military personnel use at the SGC and Atlantis..

“Not bad, not bad at all,” said John as he moved closer to adjust her stance. “Just move your feet a little further apart and lower your left thumb so the slide doesn’t bite into it.”

“Like this,” asked Elizabeth. Part of her was having a terrible time concentrating with John’s breath tickling the back of her neck as he talked. The more rational part of her was scolding herself for reading too much into this. He was probable just trying to repay her for the trust she placed in him.

“Perfect,” answered John. He was very aware of how close he was to Elizabeth, John had to force himself to concentrate on the task at hand. Besides, Elizabeth was so far out of his league she was playing a different sport, he scolded himself. “Now I’m going to take the pistol from you and put three rounds in the magazine.”

After doing so, John put the pistol back on the table with the safety on.

“Now, I want you to pick it up again,” began John in what he hope was a calm and comforting voice. “When I’m ready for you to fire, I’ll take the safety off.”

Elizabeth nodded her understanding as she picked up the weapon again and got into the same stance John had shown her.

“Whenever you are ready,” said John after he leaned in to put the pistol on fire.

Elizabeth surprised herself with how little she flinched after she fired each round. Could she really trust John that much already that she could do something she hated this much so easily?

“Not bad for a first time,” said John after pushing the button to pull the paper target back to them. All three rounds were in a fairly tight grouping on the right side of the eight ring.

“It must be the teacher,” joked Elizabeth.

“Does that mean I can count on you showing up for the class,” asked John hopefully.

“Only if you’ll continue to teach me.”

“Deal,” grinned John as he took the pistol and started to clean it. “See you then.”
      Loved it, mandogater, it was such a great little story that I can so have imagine happening on the show (or should have happened on the show), great job.
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
        'Morning Sparkies! Can't believe I missed the post-a-thon yesterday! *Smacks back of my head* Hopefully I can do next weeks...
        I hope you can join us too, Aurora is a fun one! We even get to see our Sparky drinking!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I hope you can join us too, Aurora is a fun one! We even get to see our Sparky drinking!
          And touching hands. What? My shippy eyes saw that and made a huge deal out of it.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            And touching hands. What? My shippy eyes saw that and made a huge deal out of it.
            I know, right? That was such a squee-worthy moment!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I know, right? That was such a squee-worthy moment!
              I know right, and I love that she held both of their glasses like she have done it before only then no one else was there and in my mind they weren’t there now either. It’s also obvious that he had been talking about it with her in private before the scene takes place because the way he opens the champagne bottle and she hands out the glasses they were working very much in sync and had it been a celebration of something fun it could have been a very couple-y thing to do.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                YES!!! I am Ze Kolya of this thread I spawn Sparky bunnies for everyone -fist pump-
                *Waits for next post to spark a plot bunny*
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  I know right, and I love that she held both of their glasses like she have done it before only then no one else was there and in my mind they weren’t there now either. It’s also obvious that he had been talking about it with her in private before the scene takes place because the way he opens the champagne bottle and she hands out the glasses they were working very much in sync and had it been a celebration of something fun it could have been a very couple-y thing to do.
                  We could practically do another series just on all the "missing scenes" from SGA.

*Waits for next post to spark a plot bunny*
                  *snickers*

As for me, I went to see Brave (finally!) earlier today (spoilage for the OT):
                  Spoiler:
                  OMG SO AWESOME!!!! Merida's hair is practically a character in it's own right. The triplets are hysterical, Angus is adorable
                  Spoiler:
                  (as is Queen Elinor in bear-mode)
                  , and the clan chiefs are such a hoot! The design is just gorgeous with all the misty hills and crags, lushly green but spooky woods and torch-lit castles. And the story is very sweet and fun (and a little scary). *hugs Merida and Elinor* I'm going to have to see this one again!

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                    Loved it, mandogater, it was such a great little story that I can so have imagine happening on the show (or should have happened on the show), great job.
                    Thanks, Brie, SK, SR and JT-2!!!

It's funny I saw this one in my minds eye as I was writing it. I visualized it happening a little like a scene from season one of Castle were Castle accidentally fires a round when Beckett steps up to help him with his stance.

Comment

Greetings from the Ypres Salient!

Okay, typing on my phone leaves much to be desired. Just checking the thread, interacting seems to lead to spelling issues.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Greetings from the Ypres Salient!

Okay, typing on my phone leaves much to be desired. Just checking the thread, interacting seems to lead to spelling issues.
                        Hiya, FH!!!

Hope you have a good time and find some non-explosive relics.

Are there really poppies growing between the crosses? Never been there but would love to see it.

Comment

sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Thanks, Brie, SK, SR and JT-2!!!

It's funny I saw this one in my minds eye as I was writing it. I visualized it happening a little like a scene from season one of Castle were Castle accidentally fires a round when Beckett steps up to help him with his stance.
                            LOL I remember when I first watch Castle was screaming at my roommate ANOTHER SPARKY SIMILAIRITY My roommates like uhhhhhh what are you talking about....
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Was watching Van Helsing (with Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale) today and it made me wonder what a sparky fic would be like if John took on the role of Van Helsing, Elizabeth as Anna (Kate Beckinsale's character)

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                                Oh, that was just...

Yeah. Can we do it again?

Tell Ronon to go in the back and close the door.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X