No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Ah, Achmed. You and Mr. SR., though he is also very fond of Walter. I am reminded that some of the best characters ever created are named Walter: Walter on Fringe; Walter on Breaking Bad.

I can see Elizabeth disapproving of Jeff Dunham because he is definitely politically incorrect, but John laughs at him anyway and tries to explain it to Ronon who doesn't understand the whole ventriloquist thing.
    LOL! That definitely sounds like something John would do. The banter on Atlantis about Earth television must be insane.

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    I don't! I only have to wait a month! But I feel sorry for you guys in America who have to wait.
    *hugs* Thanks.

I was wondering when that was coming back. Yeah, how will we ever stand not watching it for months and months?
    Console ourselves with Hell on Wheels?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just send Anuna's cluster 3 of BoD back... and thus I dive into my own fic again...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

LOL! That definitely sounds like something John would do. The banter on Atlantis about Earth television must be insane.

*hugs* Thanks.

Console ourselves with Hell on Wheels?
        HELLONWHEELSHELLONWHEELSHELLONWHEELS! *runs around flailing* It won't be long now.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

HELLONWHEELSHELLONWHEELSHELLONWHEELS! *runs around flailing* It won't be long now.
          10 more days! 10 more days! 10 more days!

No, I'm not counting the days, really I'm not.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Fluffy Thursday?

sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              I'm more of a fan of Achmed.
              I really like him as well, I loved the part where he went “OMG…I mean, OMA”, he is hysterical and is the doll that makes me laugh the most.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Fluffy Thursday?

Love the gif and Fluffy Thursday it is...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Awww, and fluffy clouds too.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I especially love to sing Achmed's version of Jingle Bells, or as he likes to sing it Jingle Bombs.

Jeff Dunham on a whole is great.

Comment

Ah, Achmed. You and Mr. SR., though he is also very fond of Walter. I am reminded that some of the best characters ever created are named Walter: Walter on Fringe; Walter on Breaking Bad.

I can see Elizabeth disapproving of Jeff Dunham because he is definitely politically incorrect, but John laughs at him anyway and tries to explain it to Ronon who doesn't understand the whole ventriloquist thing.
                    I do have a weak spot for Walter. To me, he's sort of a cross between the characters in Grumpy Old Men and my dad. Personally, I can't see how a comic could be politically correct and survive. But then again I like some of the stuff the Rat Pack used to do in their shows and I guarentee they would all be labeled racists now. Go figure.

You're right SR, I can't see Elizabeth liking Jeff Dunham at all. I could see John laughing so hard he falls out of his seat and Ronon and Teyla would be totally confused by the whole thing.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I had no idea who you were talking about - never a good sign.
                      However, I'm not as well versed in World War history as my best friend, and thus I did a quick search. Willy Coopens doesn't ring a bell, but Willy Coppens does. There's a square named after him in Klerken, where they also have a commemoration stone standing on the square. I don't know if they have a museum for him, maybe in Watermaal-Bosvoorde his birthplace.

There's no specific museum dedicated to him but in Brussels you can visit the air museum which does have mention of him and several other aces.
                      Sorry for the confusion. I should have doubled checked how to spell his name. *Gibbs slaps self*

I could see him being the kind of flyer John looked up to. Being forced to land on top of a balloon you just filled full of holes because of an engine problem and then rolling off of it while it deflated to pick up speed to restart your engine just sounds like something John would do.

Since I can't green you again yet, mental Sparky Jeff Dunham green.
                      Last edited by mandogater; 02 August 2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                        I really like him as well, I loved the part where he went “OMG…I mean, OMA”, he is hysterical and is the doll that makes me laugh the most.
                        What else can I say but great minds think alike. On a side note, since I'm off today I went looking for new shoes and almost ended up buying an Achmed t-shirt.

Comment

Fluffy Thursday??

sigpic
                          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              What else can I say but great minds think alike. On a side note, since I'm off today I went looking for new shoes and almost ended up buying an Achmed t-shirt.

I have a happy muse. She's doing research so she can expand on an existing fic (which I always intended to expand) and it's even on topic for the thread as it contains a slight case of Sparky. At least, that's how envision it. However, it's a WWII AU fic, so I take a wee bit of authorial freedom and play with the characters a smidgen to fit them into a different setting, France to be exact. I just researched deportations of the Jews in France... it made me sad.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X